Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Over A Million Web Sites Affected In Mass Sql Injection Attack - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Over A Million Web Sites Affected In Mass Sql Injection Attack (1411 Views)

Drupal 7 Bible Free Download (Start Building And Managing Web Sites With Drupal) / Anonymous Hackers Hit Cia, Un Web Sites / Quick Sql Injection Vulnerability Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over A Million Web Sites Affected In Mass Sql Injection Attack by Slyr0x: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2011

Security researchers from Armorize have intercepted a mass SQL injection attack, targeting ASP ASP.NET websites.

The mass infection, redirects users to a web malware exploitation kit, attempting to exploit vulnerabilities in Adobe PDF or Adobe Flash or Java, with the dropped malware having a low detection rate.

Mass SQL injection attacks usually take place through active search engines reconnaissance (SQL Injection Through Search Engines Reconnaissance; Massive SQL Injections Through Search Engine’s Reconnaissance - Part Two; Massive SQL Injection Attacks - the Chinese Way) followed by automatic exploitation of the vulnerable sites.

Of the two SQL injected domains nbnjkl.com and jjghui.com, only nbnjkl.com is currently active and responding. The campaign is directly related to the Lizamoon mass SQL injection attacks, as the same email that’s been used to register Lizamoon domains is currently used to register nbnjkl.com and jjghui.com.

Users are advised to take advantage of NoScript in order to protect themselves from this, and many other Web based threats.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/over-a-million-web-sites-affected-in-mass-sql-injection-attack/9662
Re: Over A Million Web Sites Affected In Mass Sql Injection Attack by yawatide(f): 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
na wa o. It would be nice to know where all those servers are located and who the web hosts are so they can be all avoided smiley
Re: Over A Million Web Sites Affected In Mass Sql Injection Attack by Slyr0x: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2011
^^^ Well, thats why I luv my avast. .It blocks 'em straight up.

Edit

If ure using firefox, you can download this addon - WOT.

Its called Web of Trust.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Integrate Php And Mysql With Dreamweaver / Finally Adsense Said Yes To Me / How Good Is Propellerads???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.