Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy (7889 Views)

The Power Of Forgiveness / Ayatul Islam Abdul Lateef Adebowale & Christian Hypocrisy / Why Did Allah Grant Jesus Power Of Creation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Lukgaf(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2023
Have you recited Ayatul Qursiyy today?

‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) narrates the following incident:

A certain Sahaabi (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) once encountered a male jinn. On meeting the jinn, the Sahaabi (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) engaged him in a wrestling match and beat him!

After beating the jinn, the Sahaabi (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) remarked, “I find you to be small and thin. Your small forearms seem to be the forearms of a dog! Are all the jinn like you (i.e. weak and thin) or are only you like this?”The jinn replied, “By Allah! I am actually one of the strong jinn! Let us wrestle a second time. If you beat me again, I will teach you something that will benefit you.”

The Sahaabi (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) agreed and beat the jinn once again. As the jinn had promised to teach the Sahaabi (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) something that would benefit him, he asked the Sahaabi (radhiyallahu ‘anhu), “Do you recite Aayatul Kursi?” When the Sahaabi (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) replied in the affirmative, the jinn responded, “You will not recite Aayatul Kursi in any home except that Shaitaan will leave that home while expelling wind (in fright) as a donkey expels wind. Thereafter, Shaitaan will not be able to enter that home until the morning.” (Sunan Daarimi #33381)

It has similarly been narrated that ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) once wrestled a jinn and beat him. The jinn begged ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) to release him saying, “Free me, and I will teach you something through which you will gain protection from us (the jinn).” When ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) released the jinn, he said, “You will gain protection from us through reciting Aayatul Kursi.” (Tafseerul Qurtubi vol. 4, pg. 263)

Lesson:

When the topic of troublesome jinn is broached, many people feel that the solution and remedy will only be effective if it is complicated and exotic. They think that something as simple as reciting Aayatul Kursi is exactly that – too simple to have effect. This notion could not be further from the truth. After all, it takes only one small and simple bullet to bring down even the strongest of lions. Similarly, the power and effectiveness of Aayatul Kursi should not be underestimated on account of it being short and easy to recite. On the contrary – the ease with which it can be recited actually contributes to the benefit that a person will derive from Aayatul Kursi, as he can easily recite it multiple times daily, at home, at work, and at his ease

uswatulmuslimah

39 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2023
Lovely Ayah to teach the kids!

It was narrated from Ubayy ibn Ka’b that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) asked him which ayah in the Book of Allah was the greatest. He said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He repeated it several times, then he said, “Ayatul Kursi.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Congratulations upon your knowledge O Abu’l-Mundhir. By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, it has a tongue and two lips, and it glorifies the Sovereign (i.e., Allah) at the foot of the Throne.” This was also narrated by Muslim, without the phrase “By the One in Whose Hand is my soul…”.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab went out one day to some people who had prepared a meal. He said, “Who among you can tell me which is the greatest ayah in the Quran?” Ibn Mas’ud said, “You are asking one who knows. I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, ‘The greatest ayah in the Quran is ‘Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…’ [al-Baqarah 2:255 – interpretation of the meaning].”

It was narrated that Abu Umamah said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Ayatul Kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.” This is how it was narrated by al-Nasai in al-Yawm wa’l-Laylah, from al-Hasan ibn Bishr. It was also narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih from Muhammad ibn Humayr, who is al-Homsi, and is also one of the men of al-Bukhari. The isnad meets the conditions of al-Bukhari.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by markkuss: 9:10am On Sep 29, 2023
Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by hay4: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
Jazakumullah khayran jazan. Thanks for the info

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by TANID(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
Ma-shallah

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by sulaimon22: 9:18am On Sep 29, 2023
Jazakumllahu Khairan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Harunabisanti(m): 9:18am On Sep 29, 2023
Glory be to God

6 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by money121(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2023
Aliamudulilahi

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by asaajuomo1(m): 9:23am On Sep 29, 2023
Alhamdulilahi

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by gloryman91: 9:25am On Sep 29, 2023
Ma Sha Allah.

Jazaka Lahu Khayran My Brother in Deenulahi.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by gloryman91: 9:26am On Sep 29, 2023
Yes

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by OKUCHI11(m): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2023
i think we need to carry out a protest on why we are made to swear before commenting on Muslim thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Lammykhan(m): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2023
JazakumlLahu Khairan

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Lahmeda(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2023
Very powerful and I can testify to it potent.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by vannessa7(f): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2023
Alhamdullilahi

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by OgbeniOptional(m): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2023
I’m not that a practicing Muslim but I so much believe in power of that Ayyatul Qursiy. I recite it when in doubt, before driving, when I sense danger that now becomes an habit and I always believe it saved me and May I not see what would make me not to believe in it again. It’s very powerful Ayya

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Meumeg: 9:46am On Sep 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Otolomo1(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2023
Alhamdulilahi.... Am a Muslim
AntiChristian:
Lovely Ayah to teach the kids!

It was narrated from Ubayy ibn Ka’b that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) asked him which ayah in the Book of Allah was the greatest. He said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He repeated it several times, then he said, “Ayatul Kursi.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Congratulations upon your knowledge O Abu’l-Mundhir. By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, it has a tongue and two lips, and it glorifies the Sovereign (i.e., Allah) at the foot of the Throne.” This was also narrated by Muslim, without the phrase “By the One in Whose Hand is my soul…”.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab went out one day to some people who had prepared a meal. He said, “Who among you can tell me which is the greatest ayah in the Quran?” Ibn Mas’ud said, “You are asking one who knows. I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, ‘The greatest ayah in the Quran is ‘Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…’ [al-Baqarah 2:255 – interpretation of the meaning].”

It was narrated that Abu Umamah said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Ayatul Kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.” This is how it was narrated by al-Nasai in al-Yawm wa’l-Laylah, from al-Hasan ibn Bishr. It was also narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih from Muhammad ibn Humayr, who is al-Homsi, and is also one of the men of al-Bukhari. The isnad meets the conditions of al-Bukhari.

7 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by AriyaTV: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2023
Jumah Mubarak

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by tbarrister(m): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2023
Their was a time I was disturbed by witches, everytime I sleep they'll come to strangle me. Even in the day they'll attack me. I'll have to recite many prayers , I'll be near death before I finally wake up

So one day, they attacked me and I recited ayatul kursiyy, Immediately I finish reciting they'll release me and I'll wake up. They usually try to confuse me while I'm reciting and I'll have to start again while they're strangling me. Sometimes they will be reciting what looks like ayatul kursiyy but in a backward manner just to confuse me. Whenever I recite it before I sleep they'll not attack me but if I forget they'll come with all their might. It was so servere that other people started dreaming of me dying. I lost alot during those times

Alhamdulilah, this made me a better Muslim as I started taking my prayers and fasting serious and now they don't come anymore.

14 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by habeeboladimeji(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Alhamdulilah, jazakumlahu khairan

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by wale8486: 10:22am On Sep 29, 2023
Alhamdulilahi

5 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Aldebaran(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2023
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2023
Baarakallohu fihi

3 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Josbreed: 10:33am On Sep 29, 2023
Lukgaf:
Have you recited Ayatul Qursiyy today?

uswatulmuslimah

Seun, when will you give Christians their own section? Your partiality stinks to the heavens.
Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by 77up(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2023
OgbeniOptional:
I’m not that a practicing Muslim but I so much believe in power of that Ayyatul Qursiy. I recite it when in doubt, before driving, when I sense danger that now becomes an habit and I always believe it saved me and May I not see what would make me not to believe in it again. It’s very powerful Ayya
May Allah make it easy for you to practice Islam.

Alhamdulillahih

4 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by 77up(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2023
tbarrister:
Their was a time I was disturbed by witches, everytime I sleep they'll come to strangle me. Even in the day they'll attack me. I'll have to recite many prayers , I'll be near death before I finally wake up

So one day, they attacked me and I recited ayatul kursiyy, Immediately I finish reciting they'll release me and I'll wake up. They usually try to confuse me while I'm reciting and I'll have to start again while they're strangling me. Sometimes they will be reciting what looks like ayatul kursiyy but in a backward manner just to confuse me. Whenever I recite it before I sleep they'll not attack me but if I forget they'll come with all their might. It was so servere that other people started dreaming of me dying. I lost alot during those times

Alhamdulilah, this made me a better Muslim as I started taking my prayers and fasting serious and now they don't come anymore.
Alhamdulillahih 🙏

3 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Bakrabas: 11:23am On Sep 29, 2023
Alhamdulillah...

2 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by chillychill(f): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2023
Jazakumllah khayran

3 Likes

Re: The Power Of Ayatul Qursiyy by Eniolohunda: 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2023
Alhamdulilah for being a Muslim. That is my best surah and I'm teaching my children to get use to using that surah like I do.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAMUSORG IFTAR PROGRAMME 2018 / Why Do Muslims Rush To Christian Countries Rather Than Islamic Countries? / On Fiqh Of Menstruation (menstral & Non-menstral Blood)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.