Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) (55952 Views)

This Is Bush Rat, Alligator, Grasscutter, Rabbit And Reptile TRAP / My Trap Caught A Bush Rat, Let Me Teach You How To Make Bush Rat Soup! / What Is The Name Of This Animal My Trap Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Pootle: 9:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
Oxtertee:

So that it can continue to reck havoc on farmer's cassava and maize 🌽 plant. Walnut and kolanut is not left off their menu, this okete no dey take eye see palm kernel. They can load more than 10 seeds at once inside that their mouth. There is an elastic sack inside that their mouth which allows them to pack many item at once.

they are only trying to survive jus as we humans do. lopk at that thing eyes he knows it will end soon, might be a mother with the infants at the mercy of snakes cry
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by olaniyilukman(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
adecz:

This dirty animal usually lives in sewage
soakaways, and is a carrier of leprosy..😷🤕🤒

Be very careful handling it make una nor
come contact life incurable changing disease❗️❗️
LEprocy ko, hippopotamus ni
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by haphizz57(m): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
sharpwriter:

I know this trap.... But my question is how do you kill it without it bolting out when you try to open the cage even slightly. How do you deal with it without it escaping.
Dey go do am jungle justice. If u knw

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by MrJames007: 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Kindly release that innocent animal.
You'll be in big trouble if I report you to Animal Welfare Board.
grin
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by MrJames007: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2023
preekahantas:
A rat is a rat.
Adding bush as its title will not change that.
lol
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by doneback04: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
This is a Big Rat don't deceive anyone here with your English,
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by nonhuman(m): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
please in which country
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by madgoat(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
I set a trap and it caught this big Bush Rat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCOhbCP-omw?si=i-mkMX8PRzzEfZ-O

Plz what can i use as bait to catch bush rat in my trap?
Whats the best bait?
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Olayinka8793(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2023
Oxtertee:

Why not.

The class of rats found on the farm or remote bush are quite different from rodents we have in town and some houses.

Emo which share similarities which grass cutter is very edible and can be found in small bushes in town, like developing area, estate with small green area. This particular rat is brownish in color and have a short mouth, some of them don't have have a very long tail as they are in the habit of eating their own tail as another specie called olose found in remote bush also eat their own tail to the shortest length.

Rago is also an edible specie of rat found in remote bust, the rat has a type of marking of white and black stripe on his back just like antelope (this one is mostly cut by trap during the day, hot afternoon unlike the others that move about at night)

Their is eda, grayish in color wit a white belly

Their is elegodo, their habitat is rotten banana stick, they mostly nest inside a cut banana plant and are easy to kill without trap

Shrew, this one is the monster of the bush, shrew is notorious for eating a trapped rat leaving only the head in the trap. The best revenge is to trap the shrew with the head left behind grin grin grin.

Their is also eleri, this one doesn't really add value coz of its size, people don't eat it coz their is a myth this specie of rat is cursed with dwarfism. So they end up at the herb sellers shop.

Then you have okere (squairel), thou there are two types of okere. They are identify by the markings on their body. But noboby cares about that, okere is a very tasty meat.

There are still more.
Thanks for taking out time to enlighten me. May God increase you in wisdom.

I just moved to my new site and it is a bushy area that is not yet developed, everywhere is bush and farms and few houses.

I would like to be setting traps at my backyard and side fences to try and catch any types of bush rats whether okene, oya, emo or squirrel for my consumption.

How do you suggest I set up the trap to maximize catching of preys sir? I intend to buy the type of metal cage trap used by the poster of this topic. The location of my site is Ado odo Ota area of Ogun state.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by blackslayer: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Show an act of mercy and let it go. it is not only too small to satisfy your hunger, it also looks like a big regular rat! That is not a bush meat! show it mercy!
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Olayinka8793(m): 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
Oxtertee:

That's cruel, I won't subscribe to that method.
what method do you recommend? I also doesn't subscribe to drowning them while still in the cage or bashing their heads on the ground.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Teeboy06(m): 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
Free the innocent rat
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by soyaoilrate: 4:12am On Nov 22, 2023
An oil extraction machine for small business serves as a vital tool, empowering entrepreneurs to venture into oil production with efficiency and affordability. These compact and user-friendly machines are specifically designed for smaller-scale operations, allowing entrepreneurs to process various oilseeds, nuts, or kernels into valuable oils. Whether utilizing hydraulic, screw press, or expeller designs, these machines offer a systematic approach to oil extraction without the need for extensive resources. With a focus on simplicity and functionality, oil extraction machines for small businesses enable entrepreneurs to produce high-quality oils for culinary, cosmetic, or even small-scale industrial applications. As cost-effective solutions, they pave the way for local businesses to contribute to the growing demand for minimally processed and locally sourced oils, fostering economic growth and sustainability.

1 Like

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by silverkings: 4:39am On Nov 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Poor creature, unfortunately, nature could be harsh.

The poor creature has family waiting for it to return home, they would have been everywhere searching for their comrade. It could even be a mother with kids waiting for it.
Please let it go. It looks sad already
Hahahaha
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by eliwa47(m): 5:33am On Nov 22, 2023
Malroux:
Release it if you are a child of God and wants to make heaven.
grin grin grin
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Betgold84: 6:25am On Nov 22, 2023
Keep it as a pet

LocalFARMERS:

Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Pennilessword1: 6:55am On Nov 22, 2023
You niggers would eat anything
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by BabaO2: 7:53am On Nov 22, 2023
preekahantas:
A rat is a rat.
Adding bush as its title will not change that.
is rat a forbidden meat?
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:13am On Nov 22, 2023
Typing:

Go where?

grin grin
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Lomprico2: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

It caught a rat not Bush meat!
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Tover: 9:26am On Nov 22, 2023
Na okete b dis undecided
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by vicfajeze: 9:37am On Nov 22, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

This is Rat mamalate,the causer of Lassa virus sir?
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Lanretoye(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2023
Malroux:
Release it if you are a child of God and wants to make heaven.
dont let him make heaven that you cant kill ypur self to go to.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2023
vicfajeze:
This is Rat mamalate,the causer of Lassa virus sir?

Na lie
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2023
Lomprico2:

It caught a rat not Bush meat!

Na Bush Rat
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 10:58am On Nov 22, 2023
Betgold84:
Keep it as a pet

cheesy
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by LocalFARMERS: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2023
madgoat:

Plz what can i use as bait to catch bush rat in my trap?
Whats the best bait?

Use anything you know Rat eat.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Testimony1988(m): 11:33am On Nov 22, 2023
Hmmmmm, am seeing ordinary rat.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by ufuosman(m): 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2023
White rice with pepper soup 😜
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by Smithwilliams826: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
all the chicken, snail, goat, cow, ram wey u don dey chop na wating?
You better report yourself first for killing/eating innocent animals.
Re: My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) by jubrilcastle(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2023
It's called Giant rat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Big Python Killed In Our Farm Swallowed 2 Turkeys (Pictured) / Livestock Farming Biz ----- Cattle, Sheep, Goats And Turkey / The 4 Broiler Breeds And The Ones That Grow Taller And Fatter In Shorter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.