Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric (2061 Views)

Meet Mustapha Gajibo Who Converts Petrol Cars To Electric Cars In Borno. / List Of Countries Who Are Switching From Fossil Fuel Cars To Electric Cars / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by OLEADTIPS: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2023
MY BOSS CONVERTED HIS TOYOTA COROLLA TO ELECTRIC

My Boss Sir Ola has done it again. The increase in Pump price across the country has made my Boss to do things differently. I didn't believe him when he said he was going to convert his Car to electric.

He surprised us two weeks ago when he completed the conversion successfully.
I got the opportunity to test drive the car today.

Attached below is the link for video

https://youtube.com/shorts/OLo-ipiKWq4?si=dT3p0HROrGMLu3RF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by maysjohnston: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2023
Nice one. How much did he spent to convert it and also what are the disadvantages of driving an Electric car here in Nigeria. I would love to hear from you cos I'm planning on converting mine too.
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by mariovito(m): 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2023
Very impressive

Hope the cost is not punitive?
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by Harmonize234: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2023
Impressive
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2023
OLEADTIPS:

My Boss Sir Ola has done it again. The increase in Pump price across the country has made my Boss to do things differently. I didn't believe him when he said he was going to convert his Car to electric.

Doesn't gas cost more than petrol in Nigeria now?
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by TemplarLandry: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2023
grin
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by Angrigowt: 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2023
Shaby job. Explosion loading. They have compromised a lot of things. Last thing I'd do on earth in naija na both surgery and gas conversion.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by bularuz(m): 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2023
maysjohnston:
Nice one. How much did he spent to convert it and also what are the disadvantages of driving an Electric car here in Nigeria. I would love to hear from you cos I'm planning on converting mine too.

Good one, but he still has to recharge somehow sadly PHCN is not as reliable so he may be back to square one sooner or later
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by Tylerbreeze(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2023
He should have converted a car that consumes fuel , e.g Toyota Sequia or hilux and not this toyota corolla.
This car dey economize fuel na

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by heybeebugatty(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2023
Good onr
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by Nbote(m): 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Doesn't gas cost more than petrol in Nigeria now?

He converted to electric, not gas

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by youngrichnigga: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2023
Make sure your oga carries about a 50kg CO2 extinguisher because those wires I'm seeing everywhere inside that bonnet undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:23am On Oct 01, 2023
Nbote:

He converted to electric, not gas

Ohh, sorry, i didn't see that
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by LikeAking: 3:10am On Oct 01, 2023
Nice !

The future is EV..

Elon smart!
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by Iamicekid(m): 3:20am On Oct 01, 2023
If this is true and it’s effective, he can become a billionaire from this ooo, a lot of people will love to patronize him
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by acorntree(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2023
cry
OLEADTIPS:

Good initiatives! What's the performance after conversion, in terms millage, drivability etc. Also what type of batteries is used. Is it lithium phosphate or lead acid battery
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by DyingFetus: 7:39am On Oct 01, 2023
See your boss in hell very soon

1 Like

Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by TANID(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2023
maysjohnston:
Me too
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2023
Your boss is playing with fire πŸ”₯
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by MrBONE2(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2023
youngrichnigga:
Make sure your oga carries about a 50kg CO2 extinguisher because those wires I'm seeing everywhere inside that bonnet undecided undecided undecided undecided
grin

1 Like

Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by mobolaji234: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2023
I was expecting to see see details of the conversion... Any channel where it was explained it details?
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by aAK1(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
thats an expensive conversion o. the motor, controller and battery
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by Glocal1: 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2023
This is a good experiment.
I hope he has a stable means of recharging it.
Will he still be using fuel?
Is it hybrid of petrol and electric?

Necessity is truly the mother of invention.
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by bonnyhope: 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
I de fear for the driver of this car

I forsee explosion
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by cyborg123(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
I suspect this is a prototype. More attention needs to be paid to running the connections in a safe and proper way.

Good attempt!
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by fineboynl(m): 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2023
So the transmission and engine were removed.

Is the the current steering a power steering?

How many miles can a full charge goes?
And how many hours to charge it
Re: My Boss Converted His Toyota Corolla To Electric by jceesquare(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2023
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

A Quick One Please With Respect To Rear Tire Negative Camber Alignment / My Toyota Camry03(big Daddy) Show Oil Indicator On The Dashboard / Do You Think This Transmission Will Still Work? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.