Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

My Experience With The Book Of Mormon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With The Book Of Mormon (2720 Views)

Mormon Prophet Had 20 Wives As Young As 9 Including His Own Daughter / What Do You Know About The Book Of Mormon / "Poverty Can End In Africa By Tithing"---american slowpoke(sorry, I Meant Mormon) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 8:36am On Oct 01, 2023
Do not expect to much drama. I only opened this thread just to mention why the book came into my life.

There is no room for "chance" in life!
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by HeatSeeker(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2023
chieveboy:
Do not expect to much drama. I only opened this thread just to mention why the book came into my life.

There is no room for "chance" in life!

No service today? 🤨
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2023
HeatSeeker:

No service today? 🤨

No link shared with me please. Sorry smiley
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2023
It was a certain day and the children of our neighbor played at the "bola" (community garbage bin), they brought home what looked like a Christian Bible.

They played with it, abandoned it for another source of fun.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2023
I grew up as a reader, I would pick old news papers and left over akara wrappers and read everything in it.

We used to hold reading competition in class for the fastest reader back in primary 4, no adult or a fellow fast reader could beat me.

Added to this, I know book Wella. Na first I dey carry
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2023
I, as a Christian teenager was a good church boy who reads the Bible.

So I picked up the book and began enjoying the read. At first I was caught unawares as to the content.

Here we have a book about the lord Jesus Christ written like they think it's a Bible but then, it's not.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2023
Being a very imaginative person, I would read and relive the experiences of Joseph Smith of the Mormons.

I will in moments feel a gush of the Life force from the top of my head as it coarse through my body like a gentle electricity.

I am used to this phenomenon however, so I didn't freak out.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 9:42am On Oct 01, 2023
This is not to mean I knew it was the Life force at the time.

"Life Force"- What the church calls "Holy Spirit").

I just usually let the phenomenon take its course...

I downed the book in no time, and went on with life.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:16am On Oct 01, 2023
Trouble began when the patriarch of the house discovered the book in my stuff.

Looking back, I marvel at the "special" creatures of God called "Christians"
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2023
Quickly they generated a buzz that I had joined a secret cult in a gathering of family members.

Note this is when the internet is non-existent for 99% of Nigerians talk more of them hearing of the name "Mormon" and 'googling' them up.

Asides from that, hear the name na, e say na "Mormon".

It already sounds like the name of a demon in the Nigerian context...and one is unfortunate enough to be in this with Christians--people who from their constant attention in binding and casting the devil fail to show their trust in God.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:24am On Oct 01, 2023
They ensured they invited more people to come make life for the poor teenager horrible

You know that skit Lasisi makes? The "Mama Itohan" that beans cooker who will exaggerate to the 700th degree a minor offence by her child?

That was how they embarrassed, persecuted and castigated me.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2023
During the event, the eldest sister of the kids who picked the book came by and found out about the "Demonic book" book matter going.

It was then she mentioned she saw the book earlier. That when she opened to read it, she felt dizzy and closed and threw it away.

She however didn't tell them her brothers brought it. So the allegation that it belonged to me all the while remained.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2023
When I read the book though, I didn't notice any dizziness.

This is because the book came tome by design and not chance.

The book of Mormon by the very right Christians call their book "Holy" is equally a very Holy Book!!!

Mind you I never explored Mormonism by any length beyond that book.

More details...
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:38am On Oct 01, 2023
I outlived the castigation and happen to be exploring my current spiritual path Eckankar.

In hind sight, I may have a shocker for a Christians who persecute other paths, teachings and religions alien to the 66-booker supposedly containing all truths that they call the Bible (A Holy Book in itself).

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2023
Shocker 1

The people who the whole Bible revolves around ("God of Israel, The Lord, Lord God, My Lord, Angel of the Lord" etc), where the kit and kins of who Joseph Smith interacted with.

His interaction with this beings are what he dictated as the Mormonian Bible.

But wait, isn't this exactly how the Bible came about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2023
Moses, Elijah and the prophets who were mostly servants and emissaries of these beings who from the skies came equally related their interactions with these "Gods" and "Angels".

Gradually the stories got digested, and became vintage--vintage truth. So much that you can't think those beings not being God or angels.

You have no other book telling you otherwise. Even if you do, the possibility becomes a heresy or sacrilege to think of, or the crystallized information from your accepted source fights back.

This is how religion, culture and belief operates and feels for the host.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2023
You have read of the "flying horse" in the Book of revelations, especially also the "Chariots of fire" of Elijah which took him to heaven.

Those are terms used by those who have not heard of aircrafts before.

Our word for it today is "UFO". Those ahead of us will speak of the folly of calling them "UFO"
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2023
The thing is: man at the time calls anything in skirts "God" and worshipped or revered it.

Think "the bushman" in the movie "The Gods must be Crazy", then think how it is indeed apt the paragraph above.

Slap you observation to the plethora of "Gods" available in the past and even today.

You will see that indeed the ancient humans had a thing for any sentient thing that glitters.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by chieveboy(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2023
Let's not make an error of judgement here though, indeed like the Bible said, specials beings from heaven came to earth, so much that their kids and relatives fancied human babes for themselves (Gen. 6:1-4).

Note in the scripture above, their is a clear distinction of race and bio-indentity. Their word for it however was not "ET" or "Alien".

They used the word "Sons of God".
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by CelaofLove: 11:19am On Oct 01, 2023
Second Moniker here.

So since our brothers above are very very advanced, so much that they can Pan-sperm a specie, colonize a planet and so much more that only "God" could do, they made several effort to foster the physical, emotional, mental and ultimately the Spiritual evolution of mankind.

This is not to mean these beings have carried their load and go. They are very much active even today. They are the Gods of mankind.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by CelaofLove: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2023
Why did that book of Mormon came to me?

Looking back, I know it has to do with a past life dealing with Mormons.

I am not sure if the Mormons teach reincarnation, the persecution over the book might most likely be overy own persecution of the Mormons back in the USA.

This is because it is not possible to experience something in life today without having a hand in it and totally deserving it.

Events from past archives of the universe do pop up as destiny and fate.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by HeatSeeker(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2023
chieveboy:

No link shared with me please. Sorry smiley

Interesting...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by HeatSeeker(m): 11:47am On Oct 01, 2023
CelaofLove:
Why did that book of Mormon came to me?

Looking back, I know it has to do with a past life dealing with Mormons.

I am not sure if the Mormons teach reincarnation, the persecution over the book might most likely be overy own persecution of the Mormons back in the USA.

This is because it is not possible to experience something in life today without having a hand in it and totally deserving it.

Events from past archives of the universe do pop up as destiny and fate.

Cheers!

Who determines the cost of what is paid in this present life, and how is it arrived at?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by CelaofLove: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Who determines the cost of what is paid in this present life, and how is it arrived at?

Yoi actually do.

In you body is a certain part that carries this information around. It is a code in the real sense.

The universe simply executes it. The universe is built as a karmaachine for lack of words.

It simply accepts and executes codes and commands. This is actually good because you can instruct it to better your life if you know how.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by HeatSeeker(m): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2023
CelaofLove:

Yoi actually do.

In you body is a certain part that carries this information around. It is a code in the real sense.

The universe simply executes it. The universe is built as a karmaachine for lack of words.

It simply accepts and executes codes and commands. This is actually good because you can instruct it to better your life if you know how.

Interesting...

Sorry for derailing. You can continue your thread on Mormons. I will engage you on another thread at a later time.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by CelaofLove: 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2023
HeatSeeker:

On the second part of you question, it's arrived at from a topnotch mathematical basis which most of our mathematics is derived from.

Tesla the serial inventor touched a bit of it and built machines that were to advanced to be allowed to be in the market.

The beings who made us in their image understand the principle of this math and could build fantastic tech like the UFOs that could be as big as a whole continent.

By and large, the math revoles around the very simply notion that for " every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

Breath in and you must breathe out. Up/down, etc. That's the template of this world.

Divorce today, remarry another lifetime to learn the lesson of fighting to the point of divorce. The event are usually exact also. If you broke up because of toothpaste, toothpaste matter will come up again when you meet having forgotten about it in another life.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by CelaofLove: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Interesting...

Sorry for derailing. You can continue your thread on Mormons. I will engage you on another thread at a later time.

Oh no problems at all. My topic on Mormon is done and you can put everything here.

I only read their book once and that was it. I even have to use wiki to recall the full name of Joseph Smith.
Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by LordIsaac(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2023
Oh malaria! grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by LordReed(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2023
By Andromeda why is it so easy to con people with religious garbage?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by KnownUnknown: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk&pp=ygUOTW9ybW9uIGNhcnRpb24%3D

Based on what I read on here, maybe some of you are indeed cursed. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Book Of Mormon by KnownUnknown: 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2023
chieveboy:
Being a very imaginative person, I would read and relive the experiences of Joseph Smith of the Mormons.

I will in moments feel a gush of the Life force from the top of my head as it coarse through my body like a gentle electricity.

I am used to this phenomenon however, so I didn't freak out.

Which experiences of the conman Joseph smith did you relive? The real experiences or the tall tales. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Noble Truths / I No Longer Go To Church If I'm Skint (no Money), Can't Stand The Pressure! / God Hides 18 Muslim Converts Under His Wings, Protects Them From Attack.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.