Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 (20395 Views)

12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) / Massive Python Caught At Umaru Musa Yar'adua University, Katsina (Photos) / Umaru Shehu, Biography Of First Professor Emeritus In Northern Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by CompuCart(m): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
CJStarz:
So, referring to you as an aboki makes me tribalistic,nay, tribal charlatan? Indeed, you're suffering from some form of complex, ain't you?
Anyways,thanks for letting me know that aboki Audu is different from aboki Adamu , for very obvious reasons.

Out of respect for the Colossus that passed on, I won't engage you any further.
Salam🙏
Peace man,I didn't believe in tribal profiling whatsoever it creates a kind of atmosphere where everyone feel it's normal to do so which is far from the truth.Good example Nairaland nowadays.

All is good man,So sorry if you feel offended Onelove smiley

1 Like

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Lumarstone: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2023
Most educated man in the whole northern Nigeria. RIP Prof Umaro Sheu
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Melagros(m): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2023
Triangles1:
No need to cry for 90+.

RIP
No need at all

1 Like

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by BabaRamota1980: 12:29am On Oct 03, 2023
ecolime:
97 shocked

RIP Prof. (First Fulani VC of UNN)

Nowadays, you can't even be a Deputy VC if you are not from the region.

No be every Northerner be fulani, and no be every light person be fulani.

Next time you repeat nonsense i will report you to Ekpa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by NaMe4: 1:14am On Oct 03, 2023
R.I.P Prof

A great teacher he was.

It was a great privilege being your student.

1 Like

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by NSK4U(m): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2023
Raf4:

For you to be going gaga here about how pitobi defeated BAT in lagos is an evidence of lusting after other people's property. No one cares who wins in your region.
For your zik to abandon your barren land in the east and struggling with Yoruba to govern Western Region is an evidence of your people's inordinate covetousness.

But you are the same person that would prefer to die than to see my people leave the one Nigeria for you to vote only your people and be ruled by them alone? How do you explain begging for unity and still in the same breath asking my people not to participate in the election of the country which they are being forced to accept as theirs?
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by NSK4U(m): 7:24am On Oct 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

Every great person in Nigeria is linked to the West.

You are even calling Lagos no man's land. Because Yorubaland is the birthplace of every great personality in Nigeria.
Mention names to refute this claim.

How would I go about arguing or researching the birth place of great people in Nigeria? Of what value would that add to a sane mind?
What bothers a great mind is how the Yorubaland, a region which once prides herself with decency like other regions has fast eroded its values on the altar of nepotism, would you have supported and voted the grandfather of Tinubu's status to run your lives if the election is only among Yorubas?
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by MightySparrow: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2023
NSK4U:

How would I go about arguing or researching the birth place of great people in Nigeria? Of what value would that add to a sane mind?
What bothers a great mind is how the Yorubaland, a region which once prides herself with decency like other regions has fast eroded its values on the altar of nepotism, would you have supported and voted the grandfather of Tinubu's status to run your lives if the election is only among Yorubas?

Thank you so much.
Tinubu is the person I would vote for any day. Reason? He is the preferred because he is the one that extols Awolowo
' s legacy. Awolowo put Yorubas ahead in Nigeria. The Nigerian High Commission in UK was Western Region building built by Awolowo, Obafemi Awolowo University, NTA Ibadan, Western Region television station in use before France had one.The others have bastardized the Yoruba values and culture. He has laboured to make Lagos what it is today. The continuity that makes the state progressive is because of his father - figure. Other states would come and rubbish, abandoned what their predecessors did. You can only advance what your predecessors did or you are removed. The like of Obasanjo you people like is not a yoruba leader. We did not vote for him. The best regional government was run by UPN. Even, Edo and Delta, then Bendel, can testify to the progress at that time. Now charlatans have been ruling there.

Before now, yoruba didn't really believe in this national nonsense. Igbo tried to get out by war, it didn't work. Neither will war work now. Tinubu wanted to actualize what Awolowo could not. He had to stretch the hands of fellowship, as one of the remnants of Awolowo's philosophy. He could only find Buhari who touted himself as a true national leader so that he could take over from him. Buhari failed woefully plunging the nation into economic and security abyss.

The person I believe we need now is Tinubu. Today, igbos, I guess you are one of them, can now say Lagos is no man's land. Who made it so? You trade, work with government with no intimidation or lack of equity. Akabueze, became commissioner, in the present, an Igbo man is in the House of Assembly, possibly more. Profs. Kenneth Dike, Tamuno became Vice Chancellors in University of Ibadan. Today, many Igbos, other tribes are councilors in Lagos and other states in Yorubaland. I was in Ekiti, many Ebira people are councilors in where I worked last. The current chief of staff, a female professor is from other state, not married to an Ekiti man.
Sir, can anyone from Oyo State be a councilor in Anambra or Imo?

What you can't give is what you greedily asking for.
Tinubu is the man of the moment. I like Obi but I prefer Tinubu for the now. He has his flaws like any human beings unlike those of you to that perfect.
He has the backing of any reasonable Yoruba man.
He is our leader.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by NSK4U(m): 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

Thank you so much.
Tinubu is the person I would vote for any day. Reason? He is the preferred because he is the one that extols Awolowo
' s legacy. Awolowo put Yorubas ahead in Nigeria. The Nigerian High Commission in UK was Western Region building built by Awolowo, Obafemi Awolowo University, NTA Ibadan, Western Region television station in use before France had one.The others have bastardized the Yoruba values and culture. He has laboured to make Lagos what it is today. The continuity that makes the state progressive is because of his father - figure. Other states would come and rubbish, abandoned what their predecessors did. You can only advance what your predecessors did or you are removed. The like of Obasanjo you people like is not a yoruba leader. We did not vote for him. The best regional government was run by UPN. Even, Edo and Delta, then Bendel, can testify to the progress at that time. Now charlatans have been ruling there.

Before now, yoruba didn't really believe in this national nonsense. Igbo tried to get out by war, it didn't work. Neither will war work now. Tinubu wanted to actualize what Awolowo could not. He had to stretch the hands of fellowship, as one of the remnants of Awolowo's philosophy. He could only find Buhari who touted himself as a true national leader so that he could take over from him. Buhari failed woefully plunging the nation into economic and security abyss.

The person I believe we need now is Tinubu. Today, igbos, I guess you are one of them, can now say Lagos is no man's land. Who made it so? You trade, work with government with no intimidation or lack of equity. Akabueze, became commissioner, in the present, an Igbo man is in the House of Assembly, possibly more. Profs. Kenneth Dike, Tamuno became Vice Chancellors in University of Ibadan. Today, many Igbos, other tribes are councilors in Lagos and other states in Yorubaland. I was in Ekiti, many Ebira people are councilors in where I worked last. The current chief of staff, a female professor is from other state, not married to an Ekiti man.
Sir, can anyone from Oyo State be a councilor in Anambra or Imo?

What you can't give is what you greedily asking for.
Tinubu is the man of the moment. I like Obi but I prefer Tinubu for the now. He has his flaws like any human beings unlike those of you to that perfect.
He has the backing of any reasonable Yoruba man.
He is our leader.

The engagement ended for me at the point I read Tinubu with Awo in the same context, indeed you need to study who Awo was if you didn't grow up to knowing him.
On Tinubu making Lagos what she is and replicating same in Nigeria, let's wait for it
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by MightySparrow: 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2023
NSK4U:

The engagement ended for me at the point I read Tinubu with Awo in the same context, indeed you need to study who Awo was if you didn't grow up to knowing him.
On Tinubu making Lagos what she is and replicating same in Nigeria, let's wait for it

I knew who Awo was, saw him in a campaign in my home town, benefited in his free education programme in the 80s. I was in my first year in higher institution when he diáşąd.
So ?

Yọu have refuted that Yorubaland is the birthplace of Nigerian's greats.
The parents of okonjo- Iweala Profs Iweala taught in UI. Prof. Chike Obi taught in UI, supervised Pastor Adeboye's PhD, All the business people in Nigeria have their headquarters in Lagos. About 70% of money in circulation in Nigeria is in Southwest. The cows of Fulani finds it's destination in Southwest, the beans, tomatoes, carbage, carrots, of hausas. The merchandise of igbos, the refinery of Dangote, etc. Okocha, and hosts of footballers trained and were discovered in the streets of Lagos. Philip Emagwuali schooled in Akure.
Your Nollywood community, singers, name it
So?

It baffles me when igbos say stupid things about Yoruba people. Without yorubas and Yorubaland, where is Igbo?
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Starships4u(m): 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
Emyogalanya:
Not in the class of the last president

Why I singled him out in the praise....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Latest On ASUU Strike: ASUU To Make A Final Decision Tomorrow. / Yabatech Post Utme/ume Screening Exercise And Admisssion Details For 2010/2011 / Reports From Different JAMB Centers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.