Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,562 members, 7,865,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again (27316 Views)

LASG Announces Diversion For Installation Of Truck Barrier At Dorman-Long Bridge / LASG Announces Diversion At Ojuelegba For Repair Of Truck Barrier / Bridge Linking Gombe, Adamawa & Borno Has Been Damaged (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by omoredia: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
Lawless leaders will lead lawless followers lawlessly. A son learns from his father
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by octophy: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
Nigeria my country
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by uuzba(m): 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Great job by the vigilant officers. He will fix it back, be prosecuted, lose his driver's license and the truck confiscated.

This is Lagos. A kin gba gbere at all. If your
head is not correct, stay back in your village o. Check my signature for free stuffs!
No beating?
So far beating is not there, the driver will just find another truck and commit again.
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by delpee(f): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
People blame the government for everything without considering the irresponsible behaviour of many in the society. Some Nigerians are so lawless and hard hearted.

I hope there's a heavy fine and punishment waiting for the driver.

3 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by jaxxy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2023
The Barrier should have reflectors to show no trucks so it can be seen clearly at night or day.
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Caleb15(m): 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
Wrong place to put a barrier, even if the truck did not damage it, it would have soon been removed e.g the BRT buses aka former fashola bus, the LT buses, the coaster buses etc and people that pay for one way even civil defence, police, and touts around that axis would remove the barrier
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Originalsly: 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
How sturdy is the barrier if people can cut it overnight? They need to erect sturdy barriers ... erect signs to let truck drivers know they have to divert ... impose a fine/ sentence for any damage... and making that person/company pay the full costs for repair/replacement. Nothing will change without consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Kakamorufu(m): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
Be like Lagos people are different species entirely. grin
We have this type of barricade on both ends of the Mokola bridge in Ibadan. The metal has been there since the bridge was built and no truck dare to Ram it and use the bridge. They no born them well.
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Kakamorufu(m): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
Originalsly:
How sturdy is the barrier if people can cut it overnight? They need to erect sturdy barriers ... erect signs to let truck drivers know they have to divert ... impose a fine/ sentence for any damage... and making that person/company pay the full costs for repair/replacement. Nothing will change without consequences.
I agree with you
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Mitsurugi(m): 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
A law should be passed any truck driver that falls off the bridge and kills anyone should have both the driver and the truck owner charged for culpable homicide and jailed.

2. The area Boys boss in the area should be personally responsible for fixing the bars or no shandi collection till it is done. Or in the alternative he loses his position by state order.

If you have werey people implement werey solutions

1 Like

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by naptu2: 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
The truck barrier that was erected in August.

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by babayinka77(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
naptu2:
The new truck barrier was installed early in August in response to a series of truck accidents on the Ojuelegba Flyover. The Lagos State Government had run a poll on its social media handles and respondents had advised that it should ban trucks from using the flyover.

LASG Diverts Traffic On Funsho Williams Avenue To Install Truck Barriers

The barrier was damaged at the beginning of September when a gas truck ran into it.

Lagos Fire Service Averts Danger From Leaking Gas Truck

LASG Announces Diversion At Ojuelegba For Repair Of Truck Barrier

And it has been damaged again.

4th picture: The truck barrier that was erected in August.

How was the truck able to go on the bridge?
The barrier should on both ends...a vehicle would not descend a bridge if it could not go on top of it.
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by naptu2: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2023
babayinka77:

How was the truck able to go on the bridge?
The barrier should on both ends...a vehicle would not descend a bridge if it could not go on top of it.

The truck did not go on the bridge. It ran into the barrier before it could get to the bridge.

1 Like

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Menclothing: 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Assign people to monitor any truck using it 200k fine
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Fearyourcreator: 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2023
Dbestbrest:
That's Julius Berger truck! They must pay heavy fine after making them to repair it. This is why we think government is not doing enough. Immediately they repair something, some people will go and damage it. Just the same way some miscreants went to the new Niger bridge to remove the expansion joints the other day before they were caught. Nigerians are too destructive joo
Masses are worse

1 Like

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by sukkot: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2023
FalseProphet1:
The altar in ojuelegba is very powerful because unlike other altars in Surulere that drinks ogogoro or palm oil, this one drinks human blood.

I would therefore advise commuters to stay away from ojuelegba to avoid further tragedies.

This I have seen.
its a cursed place hence the name OJUELEGBA. It's a place that has been designated by the gods as a place of judgement for people. The name OJUELEGBA means THE FOCAL POINT OF THE CANE meaning this is a place of floggings . Spiritual floggings as well as physical floggings which is why you see many affliction in that axis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by FalseProphet1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
sukkot:
its a cursed place hence the name OJUELEGBA. It's a place that has been designated by the gods as a place of judgement for people. The name OJUELEGBA means THE FOCAL POINT OF THE CANE meaning this is a place of floggings . Spiritual floggings as well as physical floggings which is why you see many affliction in that axis.
This is a very serious matter. Seems you know the history of that place. Tell me more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by sulaak(m): 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2023
princeemmma:
very useless people

I have said it severally, truck drivers are the cause of road damage, accident in our Major road

They drive recklessly, i can imagine a truck driver without break

An event happened in my area last week, about 5 people died due to the fact that the reckless driver does not have a good break

I think the government needs to do something with this truck driver, probably they start brain check from most of them

Enforce the increase in the penalties including sizing the truck, large fines and imprisonment. That is why I support the state government sizing vehicle and auctioning off. I have no sympathy for Nigerians who disobey the laws,
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by sukkot: 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2023
FalseProphet1:

This is a very serious matter. Seems you know the history of that place. Tell me more.
oh it's just that you uncover the spiritual energy of a place by the name it is given. So I decode names to know what activity to expect in places. But I am also familiar with the axis, it's a lot of suffering and affliction and lost people and drugged out zombies there

1 Like

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Bluntemperor: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
octophy:
Nigeria my country

We are not Discipline ,so from Bottom to Top,na same Indiscipline de worry us!
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by justlykdat: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
CCTV cameras should be placed at strategic point to pick the vehicle and it number. Also if possible take picture of the driver. The authorities can follow up.
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by MICVOCT(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
The Effectiveness Of Possibilities Is Inevitable.

MICVOCT
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by EteBabaagba222(m): 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
Askmewhy:
Lagos government didn't construct it well and that was why they were able to destroy it. Come to Ujogba /Ogwa Road, off Igieduma -Auchi Road and come and learn how Obaseki constructed barricade with big big stone. Sanwo olu should quickly call obaseki and get idea on how to get it done.

Show us pictures

Shoe us picture
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by aestake: 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
princeemmma:
very useless people

I have said it severally, truck drivers are the cause of road damage, accident in our Major road

They drive recklessly, i can imagine a truck driver without break

An event happened in my area last week, about 5 people died due to the fact that the reckless driver does not have a good break

I think the government needs to do something with this truck driver, probably they start brain check from most of them
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Awise09(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2023
Forget it was not well fix in the first place
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by yusluvad(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
Some Nigerians are rough sha!
Lots of us lack maintenance culture which is eating deep into our infrastructure!
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by mfm04622: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2023
naptu2:
The truck barrier that was erected in August.

I have said the barrier is NOT the solution!

The solution is heavy fines with jail term for offenders! Just provide cameras there and provide signs to warn truck drivers not to use the bridge!
We should be thankful nobody was injured by the barrier when it fell!
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Btruth: 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2023
Gbese 🙆
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by zeestone99(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2023
cocolacec:

The truck driver and his employer should pay for the repairs.

They can be fined. I think this was an accident. IMO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Your Train Ride Experience In Nigeria / Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? / 30 Years After, Itakpe-warri Rail Begins Commercial Service (video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.