Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,502 members, 7,850,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

Getting Your Child To Trust You! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Your Child To Trust You! (106 Views)

Married Woman Disrupts Husband Secret Wedding, Brings Their Child To The Altar / When Is The Best Period To Introduce A Child To Sex Education And How? / Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Your Child To Trust You! by AMumAndMore(f): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
✍🏾Why are you always like this?

Any little thing, you'll cry as if you're baby

Can't you act maturely for once?

You were told you had a big head and you're crying... Is your head big? Abeg leave the road so I can pass.
I'm sure you're very conversant with the above sentence.... I'm very sure, because that's how you are with your kid.

π™Žπ™€π˜Ύπ™Šπ™‰π˜Ώ π™Žπ˜Ύπ™€π™‰π˜Όπ™π™„π™Š

✍🏾 Honey can you just listen to me?

Can you try to see things from my perspective?

Why won't you just have an open mind about this?

Why do you like making me feel like my feelings aren't valid?

Hey mamma,

I'm also certain you're very familiar with the above. You have to be.... Isn't that at the top of your list of things you want your husband to get better at?

To understand you better....

Yet, you've refused to do same for your child.

You take your feelings seriously but you don't take cognizance of that of you child.

Did I just perceive you say"But he's just a child?"

Youdonminit!

A child animal or a child "human" just like you?

Dear mamma,

I no wan talk too much

You already know how you want others to act towards you when you get into your feelings.

Do same for your child.

Put yourself in their shoes. Literally.

In therapy it's call mirroring.

A child who you've made feel seen and heard, is a child whose self esteem will be Insurmountable.

Dear mamma,

Your feelings are valid but so are your child's feelings as well. Don't make nonsense of it.

Love, Laugh, Learn, Lead and Live Life to the Fullest .

Stay Fabulous!

(1) (Reply)

The Evolution Of Parenting Styles: A Look At How Parenting Has Changed Over The / A Key To Preventing Adolescent Mental Health Disorders / The Impact Of Respecting Husbands Similar To Pastors On Broken Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.