Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts (35939 Views)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened / NIN/BVN: Opay To Log Out Accounts By March 1, Issues 5m Cards / FCCPC Deletes Over 180 Registered Loan Apps From Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by Freelancerr(m): 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2023
cool
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by Major77: 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
I just check my 2nd number nothing like that they even tell me that this number is not an opay user yet.
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by MyExpression(m): 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2023
Opay....another Vonus loading.

Them go use bonus repair their image.

Once a fintech app loses integrity...People no go dey put money again.

I just transferred all my change to my UBA account.

I no wan hear say dem shoot bird, mama fly
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by Lovenorth: 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
Tinubu should first address his academic records anomaly by first tendering his resignation letter

2 Likes

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by dontrulee: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2023
If it's tier 1, it's possible to open an account and choose any name for it since it requires no verification at tier 1. Many people use this to scam a lot of unsuspecting individuals.

Tier 2 & 3 provides some form of verification and higher level of security.

About phone numbers having an opay account without being registered, that can also be possible if those that are affected have tried to register on the platform before, or someone did it for them through sending them the link for registration

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by davit: 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2023
Bank run loading!
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by Walz001: 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2023
nlfpmod:

Source: https://leadership.ng/fccpc-orders-opay-to-address-account-anomalies/

Opay Reacts:

@OPay_NG

@OPay_NG

Opay is the best come anytime...... this is how we ruin or bring down our self in africa
We have seen the one from erisco tomatoes now to opay
OPAY IS THE BEST ONLINE BANK

Opay should just upgrade to micro or a banking system anx theywill lead in all ways

Not All this banks with charges here and there

3 Likes

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by Platony(m): 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2023
For now, Opay remains the best Bank, both commercial & microfinance.

When u're talking of Fraud, our commercial Banks are the champions.
Have u guys had time to check how much u're debited for bank charges in a month??

Now, compare it with Opay, who is the criminal?

During the cashless policy, Opay was the only Bank that helped millions of Nigerians.

Their competitors are scared of their achievements & are drastically loosing customers, that's why u're always hearing funny stories about Opay.

Opay is the best, at least for now.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by abobote: 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2023
b3llo:
I pray that all this Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) will come alive to their responsibility.
Everything you pray

Drag them with the same energy you drag opay, and see them come alive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by Tremple8v: 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
Never had issues with opay sha . I no pray for any tho

3 Likes

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by seunlayi(m): 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
PrinceGallant:
Nigerians can lie... I tried with my wife's number, the app couldn't fetch any name. I tried at least three numbers, none could fetch name simply because they did not register. Those whose number could fetch some names were at one time register or trying to register. That is my conclusion
Those numbers registered during the bike transport period or their relative use it to help them register in other to gain referer bonuses

6 Likes

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by mayorall(m): 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
I don't really believe this claim by these twitter users, I feel something has been done with their phone numbers, OTP must be sent to get any number registered....

I have never opened opay account and I just discovered that one is registered with my phone number but they got a single spelling of one of my names wrong.

The news is true.
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by seunlayi(m): 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
Platony:
For now, Opay remains the best Bank, both commercial & microfinance.

When u're talking of Fraud, our commercial Banks are the champions.
Have u guys had time to check how much u're debited for bank charges in a month??

Now, compare it with Opay, who is the criminal?

During the cashless policy, Opay was the only Bank that helped millions of Nigerians.

Their competitors are scared of their achievements loosing customers, that's why u're always hearing funny stories about Opay.

Opay is the best, at least for now.
I abandoned so my regular banks for them and they've never let be down rather, they came to rescue all around be during the cashless period. Yes, they won the heart of many and truly, they deserved it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by c2far: 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2023
A year ago or so, I paid a bolt driver in Abuja using the phone number he used to call me. I just asked him which bank and he said Opay. I was done with the 2k plus transfer plus tip. I asked him to check. He said no alert. I called the number for him. He said, he does not have an account with that number. He asked to see, I showed him. It did not make sense then. Now it does with this complain. I had to transfer the sum again, of course without tip this time.

Opay's revolution was to convert everyone to users. This clearly had a backdoor support from NCC. Now it's in the open. Goodluck with resolving this. I am jejely moved the little I have on their platform.

Better save than sorry. The lawlessness in Nigeria sha. Every sector! If it is not cotton wool inside a person, it will be toothpick inside someone's mouth at the dental clinic. Now, it's opening an account without filling any form.

Interact with your platform... See explanation.
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by seunlayi(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
mayorall:

I have never opened opay account and I just discovered that one is registered with my phone number but they got a single spelling of one of my names wrong.

The news is true.
somebody has since used it to register for bonus or bike

4 Likes

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by NewDea4: 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
nlfpmod:

Opay Reacts:

@OPay_NG

@OPay_NG

Opay simply bought a database of active GSM accounts (probably from rogue NCC staff) and opened an account for every single phone number in the document.

Nigeria is a paradise for criminals
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by mayorall(m): 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2023
seunlayi:
somebody has since used it to register for bonus or bike

That's serious. Even without any code from me?
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by zhirkovrado(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2023
Just propaganda, nothing do my Opay since 1876

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by seunlayi(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2023
FCCPC are not serious. Where were they during the case less period, where were they when banks are misbehaving?
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by seunlayi(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2023
mayorall:

That's serious. Even without any code from me?
You won't know, that's somebody close to you

3 Likes

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by eteebanky: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2023
NewDea4:

Opay simply bought a database of active GSM accounts (probably from rogue NCC staff) and opened an account for every single phone number in the document.

See your conclusion

I dy shame for you sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by geoworldedu: 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2023
Major77:
I just check my 2nd number nothing like that they even tell me that this number is not an opay user yet.
Those complainants actually tried to use opay to borrow loans in the past but were not given, so they forgot that they had registered with it before.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by seunlayi(m): 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2023
NewDea4:

there is something with Opay, when you attempt sending money from Opay to a number not on Opay, you will be debit but they will make a refund without complaining in a short while. Maybe in order to minimise this, the started adding people whose number are not on Opay but people are sending money to. But my Glo number no gree go sha. Am doubting this news

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by seunlayi(m): 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2023
geoworldedu:

Those complainants actually tried to use opay to borrow loans in the past but were not given, so they forgot that they had registered with it before.
grin grin grin angry
Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by mayorall(m): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2023
seunlayi:

You won't know, that's somebody close to you

Thanks

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by olaniyilukman(m): 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
I don't really believe this claim by these twitter users, I feel something has been done with their phone numbers, OTP must be sent to get any number registered....
Exactly my point

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by RealEzee(m): 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2023
cool Opay anytime anyday

Una won spoil dia biz n e no go work

Y b say any gud tin way enter naija una won spoil am una like sufa?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2023
Opay helped me during Naira redesign by Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by tuzle(m): 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
inoki247:

Lol I don't understand which one be they forced you to collect higher amount you don't need dem put Gun for your neck or what....

Wetin u find go dere Loan app if you don't need it shocked sad
don't mind that guy, opay isn't even connected to okash again. They have no dealing with okash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by AbuAmmaar77: 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2023
Well, I tried making a transfer to my recently registered 9mobile sim, which I never registered with opay but no wallet name came out. The thing is, a lot of Nigerians are forgetful. When Opay started operating in Nigeria, they were more popular with their e-hailing ride operation hi"Oride". Then a lot of people downloaded their app and made use of the service, many even link their bank's debit cards to fund wallet. Using Oride then was mostly cheaper than taking a conventional Okada. People were enjoying the awoofs while opay was operating at loss. It was the ban of bikes on certain routes in Lagos, that made opay discontinued the e-hailing ride operation, re-strategised and focused on fintech. Now these people complaining that their phone numbers are bringing up their details while not registered with opay, might have used "Oride" then with same number.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts by Die009: 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2023
nlfpmod:

Opay Reacts:

@OPay_NG

It will never better for peddlers of fake news against opay they are here to stay the more you try to bring them down the more they will continue to grow

@OPay_NG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kimberly-Clark Opens $100 Million Plant In Lagos / Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas / Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.