Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,013 members, 7,832,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Happy World Teacher's Day - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Happy World Teacher's Day (105 Views)

World Teacher's Day: Make A Reference To A Teacher That Redefined Your Life / World Teacher's Day: Name That Teacher You Feared Or Hated Most And Why / Happy World Teacher's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy World Teacher's Day by GBPUSD: 10:30am On Oct 05, 2023
It's October 5 again. A day that teachers all over the world are celebrated.

Who was that teacher that had an unforgettable impact in your life?

1 Like

Re: Happy World Teacher's Day by Myer(m): 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2023
Teaching is such a delicate and prestigious profession. Unfortunately in present day Nigeria, this is hardly so.
Only few private schools still maintain good standards- morally and academically.

There was a time Nigeria was blessed with missionary schools. Teachers who sacrificed and left their countries and comfort to impart knowledge and virtues into the future leaders.
Nigeria churned out the best minds that left indelible marks in their chosen fields. There was even a healthy competition.

Honestly Nigeria is in dire need of sacrificial teachers. It is one thing to impart knowledge, it is another thing to impart the requisite virtues that produce good leaders. But how can this be, when we have teachers who themselves are not morally or academically role models.

However, for those teachers who have invested sacrificially in my life academically, spiritually and socially,,I join the rest the world to celebrate you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me Write A Remarkable Research Paper? / Some Relationship Between Indices And Logarithms / Psychological Reasoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.