Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? (624 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by DyingFetus: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2023
Homeless and pedo

Abused as a child

Potential cereal killer

Works in tech, owns multiple stalk shots of women
Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by saintopus(m): 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2023
In real life, having good parenting does not necessarily translate to being wealthy or successful.

There are many different things which contribute to a successful Life.

Successful living means different things to different people.
Very few are determined by good parenting.

This however does not mean that good parenting does not contribute significantly to a successful Life. It does

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 05, 2023
The problem with some parents is favouritism... They may be well off and try to give the children the best upbringing, but as long as they have favouritism amongst their children, it can make or break the child.

It will make the child who's more favoured and break the child who's less favoured, and one thing about most African parents is that they can't even hide their favouritism from their children, they'd be comparing their children openly... As a result, the less favoured child will end up looking for the love, care, and attention he or she requires from friends, in most cases it will be bad friends who also feel rejected by their families because they'll be giving each other something their parents failed to do, which is love, care, and attention.

I have relatives like that, their first child is 20 years old and their second and last child is 14 years old... They've always favoured the last child and even with the mother, it's like she never had a close bond with her first child... The parents always have negative things to say about the first child even though he's trying so hard to prove himself to them.

The boy doesn't drink, smoke, or hang out with bad friends because he's an introvert... He once did opened up to me of how he feels his parents never loved him because no matter what he does, he never gets any support from them, but they're always ready to do anything for his little sister to a point that the little sister also no longer has any regard for him and she has started looking down on him like their parents.

Earlier this year I was told that they got into a physical fight and the little sister ended up getting a knife and stabbed her brother twice... She stabbed him on his shoulder and thigh... One day I managed to have a talk with the young girl, I was very calm with her so that she can be free to tell me everything... I was shocked when she told me that she was actually aiming for her brother's chest and abdomen, but failed since they were fighting, apparently there was blood everywhere in the living room... She didn't even seem remorseful because the parents still blamed her brother for everything.

And from what I've heard, she's the one who started disturbing her brother.

So favouritism by parents amongst their children can be very dangerous, it doesn't matter whether you're from a well off good family... Many children hate each other because of favouritism by their parents, others will just pretend as if they don't see anything, while other children ended up mingling with bad crowd because of favouritism back at home... If the boy wasn't an introvert, I'm sure he'd have mingled with bad friends long time ago.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by 2Radii: 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
DyingFetus:
Homeless and pedo

Abused as a child

Potential cereal killer

Works in tech, owns multiple stalk shots of women

U mean cereal killer like cows and herdsmen killing our corn in the field?? grin grin

Please explain further cus u dey block bloccus me oh grin

1 Like

Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by 2Radii: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2023
Samantha124:
The problem with some parents is favouritism... They may be well off and try to give the children the best upbringing, but as long as they have favouritism amongst their children, it can make or break the child.

It will make the child who's more favoured and break the child who's less favoured, and one thing about most African parents is that they can't even hide their favouritism from their children, they'd be comparing their children openly... As a result, the less favoured child will end up looking for the love, care, and attention he or she requires from friends, in most cases it will be bad friends who also feel rejected by their families because they'll be giving each other something their parents failed to do, which is love, care, and attention.

I have relatives like that, their first child is 20 years old and their second and last child is 14 years old... They've always favoured the last child and even with the mother, it's like she never had a close bond with her first child... The parents always have negative things to say about the first child even though he's trying so hard to prove himself to them.

The boy doesn't drink, smoke, or hang out with bad friends because he's an introvert... He once did opened up to me of how he feels his parents never loved him because no matter what he does, he never gets any support from them, but they're always ready to do anything for his little sister to a point that the little sister also no longer has any regard for him and she has started looking down on him like their parents.

Earlier this year I was told that they got into a physical fight and the little sister ended up getting a knife and stabbed her brother twice... She stabbed him on his shoulder and thigh... One day I managed to have a talk with the young girl, I was very calm with her so that she can be free to tell me everything... I was shocked when she told me that she was actually aiming for her brother's chest and abdomen, but failed since they were fighting, apparently there was blood everywhere in the living room... She didn't even seem remorseful because the parents still blamed her brother for everything.

And from what I've heard, she's the one who started disturbing her brother.

So favouritism by parents amongst their children can be very dangerous, it doesn't matter whether you're from a well off good family... Many children hate each other because of favouritism by their parents, others will just pretend as if they don't see anything, while other children ended up mingling with bad crowd because of favouritism back at home... If the boy wasn't an introvert, I'm sure he'd have mingled with bad friends long time ago.
I will surely stab the girl back when I recover...cus I will have myself to blame for good 50years if I didn't take revenge...I don't forgive bro, its not in my blood, tho I don't find trouble as well.
Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2023
The problem is not with the children, but it's with the bad parenting.

Every child's future is determined by the kind of parenting they received from their parents... Sure, few of the kids are lucky to make it in life, but most of them end up having their spirits crushed by the bad parenting.
2Radii:
I will surely stab the girl back when I recover...cus I will have myself to blame for good 50years if I didn't take revenge...I don't forgive bro, its not in my blood, tho I don't find trouble as well.
Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by talented321: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 7:41am On Oct 06, 2023
Samantha124:
The problem is not with the children, but it's with the bad parenting.

Every child's future is determined by the kind of parenting they received from their parents... Sure, few of the kids are lucky to make it in life, but most of them end up having their spirits crushed by the bad parenting.
What do you say about the environment and social media influencing the life of youths?
Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 06, 2023
Most African parents would usually shift the blame to the environment and social media when the root of the problem is with them and their bad parenting.

If the environment is the problem, then what do you have to say about those kids from rich neighborhoods who also end up falling into the wrong crowds because they felt neglected by their parents from a young age?

The sooner some parents take responsibility for their bad parenting and apologise to their children, the better... If you don't have the talent to be a parent and treat your future children equally, then don't have children.
Oluwadarasimi19:

What do you say about the environment and social media influencing the life of youths?
Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2023
Samantha124:
Most African parents would usually shift the blame to the environment and social media when the root of the problem is with them and their bad parenting.

If the environment is the problem, then what do you have to say about those kids from rich neighborhoods who also end up falling into the wrong crowds because they felt neglected by their parents from a young age?

The sooner some parents take responsibility for their bad parenting and apologise to their children, the better... If you don't have the talent to be a parent and treat your future children equally, then don't have children.
I just think two truths can co exist. Your environment affecting you has little or nothing to do with your financial background. All things combined together affect a child's upbringing and it's not about shifting blame else, it will only continue forever.
Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
But in most cases, the root of the problem is the parents.
Oluwadarasimi19:

I just think two truths can co exist. Your environment affecting you has little or nothing to do with your financial background. All things combined together affect a child's upbringing and it's not about shifting blame else, it will only continue forever.
Re: Who Else Had Good Parents And Still Ended Up A Complete Failure? by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2023
Samantha124:
But in most cases, the root of the problem is the parents.
OK Ma

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 5million? / Comment And Get Nominated For The Peace Summit In May / Debt Relief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.