Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Beware Of False Prophetssssss! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of False Prophetssssss! (906 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Beware Of False Teachers Parading Themselves Here On This Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by plappville(f): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2011
[size=16pt]Deuteronomy 18:20-22(KJV)
20: But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21: And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

22: When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.[/size]

BE WATCHEFUL!!!!
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by Joagbaje(m): 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2011
Did Harold camping claim to be a prophet?. You can't call him false prophet he he never claimed to be a prophets.
It's like calling a nurse "bad doctor"
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by plappville(f): 3:30am On Oct 22, 2011
My topic says Prophetsss, i was directing to everyone who maybe a false prophet.
Not only because of Harolds predictions in these recent days, there ve been much prophetic threads posted here.
So i was talking about prophets in general.

Harold Camping never claims to be a prophet, he is a self-published Christian author.

As christians, we know not all things, let our hearts be open in recieving and learning of the Lord.

(Eccl4:13 ) Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by jamace(m): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2011
Dem plenty thes days o.
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by Sweetnecta: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2011
[Quote]« on: Yesterday at 01:49:24 PM »
Deuteronomy 18:20-22(KJV)
20: But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.[/Quote]so the prophet who says in the Name of Ellah [Ellah, Ellah. . . was what Jesus christ cried on the cross, says the Bible], The Beneficent The Merciful, is a true prophet if Ellah [Who sent Jesus] sent him? Let continue Lappville.

[Quote] 21: And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?[/Quote]we shall find out, very soon.

[Quote] 22: When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.[/Quote]lappville, he said he will be back while the disciples were still alive. but it did not happen. what type of prophet is this; false or true prophet?

[Quote]BE WATCHFUL!!!![/Quote]Nothing was said by Muhammad [as] that didn't come to pass in its time.
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by aletheia(m): 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2011
2 Peter 2:1-3. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by plappville(f): 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2011
Sweetnecta:

so the prophet who says in the Name of Ellah [Ellah, Ellah. . . was what Jesus christ cried on the cross, says the Bible], The Beneficent The Merciful, is a true prophet if Ellah [Who sent Jesus] sent him? Let continue Lappville.

we shall find out, very soon.

lappville, he said he will be back while the disciples were still alive. but it did not happen. what type of prophet is this; false or true prophet?

Nothing was said by Muhammad [as] that didn't come to pass in its time.

I VE NOT COME HERE TO START UP AN ENDLESS ARGUEMENT WITH U ON PROPHET MATTERS.
MY THREAD IS FOR CHISTIANS NOT MUSLIM PLZ SIR!!
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by Sweetnecta: 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
Lappville: The ^^ is disingenuous at best. Prophetsssssss!, you said. And then you quoted old testament verses.
I have a lot of Jewish friends, and I may just be standing in their stead, if you so much get cold feet about my standing for Islam.
But wait no prophet was a jew by religion or a christian by it. They were all muslims and you need to leave muslim prophets alone and
concentrate on your nowadays so called prophets.

Now, how was the church service, today?

Lappville. Woman, you are funny.
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by plappville(f): 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2011
if you so much get cold feet about my standing for Islam.
I do not sir, ur faith is ur faith mine is mine. Ur fight for Muslim i ve nothing against.
But wait no prophet was a jew by religion or a christian by it. They were all muslims and you need to leave muslim prophets alone and
concentrate on your nowadays so called prophets.
I am repeating it sir, i am not going to argue Muslim phrophets here. I was concentrating on the bible, u were the intruder.

Now, how was the church service, today?
It was fine thanks, a wonderful msg indeed.

Lappville. Woman, you are funny.
Plappville, not Lappville lols. I ve stoped the abrevation of Mohamed so plz. funny, how?
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by Sweetnecta: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2011
You see how I correct you without yelling?
Re: Beware Of False Prophetssssss! by plappville(f): 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2012
Sweetnecta: You see how I correct you without yelling?

I didnt see this, @sweetnecta, how did u correct me sir?

(1) (Reply)

Slapsgiving By Oyedepo In Church. / Why The Black Man Is Suffering On Earth And The White Man Ruling / The Not So Secret Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.