Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,940 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? (21713 Views)

Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? / Can A Guy Of 38yrs Old Marry A Lady Of 28yr Old? Is She Not Gonna Get Older Fast / I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by BigBashiru: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
UncleKoboko:

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SETTLED FOR LESS.
If you grew up not being wayward, you should never settle for a NON-VIRGIN girl. Never.

A NON-VIRGIN girl will pretend to love you, pretend to be understanding and supportive but after some times, their true colours will awaken.
They are mostly USELESS, EVIL, careless and selfish Bastards.

Now I have plenty side girlfriends to make up for my errorneous past....
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by SirLakes: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
creativehubb:

If you eat human beings and kill twins our culture didn't do that, we have been civilized over thousands of years. Stupid dumb cannibal, slave to the colonial thieves.

But they are still mining skulls every where in your civilized region.

No be the same colonial theives your president dey run go meet for treatment grin

You and your gods are useless E ti ba ti ara yin ku

1 Like

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by UncleKoboko: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigBashiru:

Now I have plenty side girlfriends to make up for my errorneous past....
No need to have numerous girlfriends.
It's totally unnecessary and you're only draining yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually and financially.

Unfortunately, most of all those girlfriends are not better than your wife. Most of them lack good MORALS too and I'm very sure that you wouldn't want to have a daughter like them.
What you need to do is to look for just one good one among them. A virtuous and decent one. A certified virgin ready for marriage and marry her to make up for things.
An average looking church girl or Muslim girl with good morals that you can marry as a virgin is far better than any most beautiful and richest olosho woman alive.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by remsonik(f): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2023
Family thinking they have better thoughts for you and putting pressures on you to do their wish for you and not your wish for yourself

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by dontrulee: 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zanzibar1:
What Is the Common Regret People Have As they get Older?
I saw this post on a foreign group on fb.
I must say it has opened up my heart to learn.

I thought it would help the younger folks to learn and work on some patterns in life.
People that replied that post were 45 years and above

Also share the lessons here. Thanks
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by maasoap(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Puss360:
Not doing what makes them happy all in the name of religion...

No matter what, always do what gives you joy... what makes you happy...
As long as it doesn't hurt the next person..
Better still, in the name of family. Sacrificing for family 24/7 until it's too late
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by dontrulee: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigBashiru:
Waiting until marriage to date and get a romantic partner instead of maximizing my mating opportunites (and I dont mean sleeping around - just talking to different girls trying to toast them kissing if the opportunity presents, having multiple relationships but only sleeping with those that love me back and i could get serious with )... i dont do use and dump...

I never had a girlfriend cos I was doing holy holy and marriage was to evening newspaper....was very disappointing.....

If you did the above, you'll have more regrets Sir.
I once treaded this path you mentioned verbatim, I had fun but I also had regrets. I wished I sticked to one woman grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by maasoap(m): 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2023
Built2last:
I think the biggest for men above 55 is when you look back and you didn't have kids when you ought to have had.

The reality is that you will be having some leg aches, lower back ache may be starting. You imagine that 55 years plus another 15 years. you will need your children around you but none. can be very depressing.
I know a person, 45 and yet to marry and no kid with baby mama

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Kajaard: 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:
As a young man coming up, don't waste your youthful age loving a Nigerian girl or even try to force her to love you. They are not created to LOVE.

This your submission is too harsh.
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by NACE13: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
I may or may not regret this but I have promised to get to a particular office(promotion) in my organization before I get married.
I also want to have a sustainable business and properties I can leave for my generations to come before I start having kids.

I must achieve at least one of the above mentioned smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by maasoap(m): 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2023
Puss360:

Emmexguy123:
They regret not doing what they are supposed to do because of fear.

And that fear is mostly caused by religion.
Okay, since both of you picked religion as the causative factor, things like what then? What could religion possibly prevent people from doing that can lead to regret later in life?
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
Not taking "risks". As one grows in age, the recovery time after taking risks, becomes slimmer. Remember, nobody gonna be young forever. I don't wanna be on my deathbed that is if i grow very "old" eventually and i am filled with regrets.
Never, i will die "EMPTY" and "FULFILLED".

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by BigBashiru: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
dontrulee:

If you did the above, you'll have more regrets Sir.
I once treaded this path you mentioned verbatim, I had fun but I also had regrets. I wished I sticked to one woman grin

You only hv regrets if you actually fuk around but if you just date in moderation (focus on forreplay and not fukkin with everyone), you will be happier

1 Like

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by jclassiq(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
Puss360:

By this you mean sex. My dear, sex is over rated.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by creativehubb: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2023
SirLakes:

But they are still mining skulls every where in your civilized region.

No be the same colonial theives your president dey run go meet for treatment grin

You and your gods are useless E ti ba ti ara yin ku

You are a rabid headless dog. Senseless, only indoctrination full that your flaat head.
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by haphizz57(m): 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2023
To allow APC to rule NIGERIA
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by TheGift: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:
As a young man coming up, don't waste your youthful age loving a Nigerian girl or even try to force her to love you. They are not created to LOVE.
Speak for yourself cos there are many great naija women out there
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by jclassiq(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2023
Tkeke:
Not being spiritually sensitive early enough to find out that it was some of my siblings who I have loved like life itself that were behind the battles I have been fighting until it was almost too late. Mind you, I am the baby of the house o. They saw too much glory from their realm and couldn't take it that I will be greater than them all.
Trash
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by abobote: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
The wife they get married to, like me. The investment they refused to make, the risk they were afraid to take and the life they didn't enjoy while they were young

My wife broke my son's head, from my baby mama,while I was out of town. Mehn I have been mzd, a lot things going through my mind

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Puss360(f): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
jclassiq:

By this you mean sex. My dear, sex is over rated.
I don't mean sex... oya rest... Spoilt guy grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Puss360(f): 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2023
maasoap:

Okay, since both of you picked religion as the causative factor, things like what then? What could religion possibly prevent people from doing that can lead to regret later in life?
Life is meant to be enjoyed when you have the money and time...
Try doing what you like or what gives u joy and see how Religion go say "God doesn't like it"....
I can't tell you what you like....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by SirLakes: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
creativehubb:

You are a rabid headless dog. Senseless, only indoctrination full that your flaat head.

The same colonial theives give you phone and internet. Your culture dey useless as you are grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by Smile4mee01: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigBashiru:
Waiting until marriage to date and get a romantic partner instead of maximizing my mating opportunites (and I dont mean sleeping around - just talking to different girls trying to toast them kissing if the opportunity presents, having multiple relationships but only sleeping with those that love me back and i could get serious with )... i dont do use and dump...

I never had a girlfriend cos I was doing holy holy and marriage was to evening newspaper....was very disappointing.....

This is so me, I feel what you. Life can be brutal for us men. The price we pay.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by WriterX(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:

Don't say that
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by ekmike(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
Nobody really cares about you and those who you think do only care to the extent they can use you.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by jiz: 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
Give your life to Jesus now and serve Him faithfullywhile you are young

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
finallybusy:
The first page shows there are no older people on Nairaland. OP is talking about life’s regrets, someone is talking about not knacking enough females. Some topics were not aimed for this forum. It’s a sad situation.

That's someone's legitimate life's worry. I have heard lots of seventy years old unable to knack fantasise and wish they had done better
Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by abobote: 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:
Life, you said it all, not just Nigerian girls, any girl at all

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by creativehubb: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
SirLakes:

The same colonial theives give you phone and internet. Your culture dey useless as you are grin
Mumu a lot of black innovators and inventors, a lot of blacks contributed to these technologies. The early foundation of pully/lever, and moving technologies started from Egypt, that was how engines was innovated from these blueprints.The Mayans were the first astronomers who saw that other planetary bodies exists.You dumb head, only indoctrination full that empty skull

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by tasalanoni(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
Tkeke:
Not being spiritually sensitive early enough to find out that it was some of my siblings who I have loved like life itself that were behind the battles I have been fighting until it was almost too late. Mind you, I am the baby of the house o. They saw too much glory from their realm and couldn't take it that I will be greater than them all.
Oga, take responsibility for your life and adjust accordingly. If you continue living in the belief that the next person is behind your life's predicaments, you'll never rise.
Forces may fight you but their victory or defeat is entirely dependent on the strength of your personality! Nothing else.
Nothing from outside can influence you adversely if you've not lowered your bridge for them to access you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by BreconHills(m): 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
The main regret is the things you did not do because you were afraid of failure. There are certain things that time brings around again and again and there are those that come by only once or twice.

A life lived in fear in a life half lived.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Common Regret People Have As They Get Older? by jojothaiv(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:
I wasnt that old before I realize this though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Asking Our Elders "How Are You?" ? / Name Abraham Daniel: Have You Seen This Man? / Confused!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.