Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters (7493 Views)

Baba Suwe Is Using High Level Black Magic On Us" - Ndlea Officials! / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine, Cries Like Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by hillsate: 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
Nigerian Anti-drug Agency Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days

An Abuja court has granted the NDLEA an extension to keep popular comedian Babatunde Omidina aka Baba Suwe  for fifteen days.

The decision come after the NDLEA operatives claimed news scan have revealed that there is still more drugs in Baba Suwe’s body.

The NDLEA arrested Omidina while he was about to board a plane to Paris at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport  in Lagos, he was arrested and placed under “observation” after a scanning device indicated that he had ingested substances suspected to be hard drugs.

The comedian has since remained under close observation at the NDLEA detention center. The NDLEA said they kept him to until he excretes the narcotic drugs from his system.
This has drawn public scrutiny against the NDLEA and some have criticised them of picking on the actor because of his celebrity.  Yesterday a Lagos –based attorney filed a N1 billion  lawsuit against the NDLEA over Mr. Omidina’s detention.

Agency officials had claimed that they were waiting to check Baba Suwe stool and examine it further before further action can be taken.

Earlier, NDLEA spokesperson, Mitchel ofoyeju told SaharaReporters they had just confidence due to results from recent scans conducted on the comedian

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-anti-drug-agency-obtains-court-order-keep-popular-comedian-detention-15-days
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by hillsate: 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
hmmmm, now this is getting more interesting. . .
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by OAM4J: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2011
Na wa o!
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
Can't they just slice him open to get what they want from him ? This show of shame is getting out of hand.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Sunofgod(m): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2011
. . . . NDLEA are complete rookies.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by doctokwus: 10:59pm On Oct 21, 2011
For d first time in a long while,I commend d efforts of a govt agency to do things right.Obstaining a court order,convinced of d culpability of d accused after anoda scan.Let's kp our fingers crossed and we await d climax of this adrenaline pumping nollywood block-buster
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by tpia5: 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
What is happening to the ndlea.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by okunboy: 11:07pm On Oct 21, 2011
Abi na. "LUKUDI" baba suwe swallow? This is getting too serious for my liking!
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 21, 2011
What's lukudi ?
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by tpia5: 1:57am On Oct 22, 2011
most stuff that passes through the digestive tract doesnt stay there for a month.

i think this is a concerted effort to seriously discredit the ndlea.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 2:10am On Oct 22, 2011
This would make sense, but I don't think it is permitted - because if something goes wrong with him in the process then the NDLEA would be in even greater trouble and possibly a couple of billions for loss of life.

I don't think they can even give him a laxative for the same reason - the drugs if present could burst in the process and kill him.

~Bluetooth:

Can't they just slice him open to get what they want from him ? This show of shame is getting out of hand.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 22, 2011
baba suwe's sponsor are still not 'cooperating'.when they finish settling, they'll tender an unreserved 'apology' to baba suwe who'll gladly 'forgive and forget'.there'll be no 'compensation' as that has been taken care of through the 'court order', l dey laugh o! cheesy
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by arsenefc: 2:44am On Oct 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Slice him open for what?

The guy don shyyt everything he has when he was arrested. NDLEA is just looking for a soft landing here.

Too bad we dont have laws in Nigeria.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 22, 2011
Im thinking Suwe slept with someone's wife.

1, there is no photo scan evidence to show us of the so called drug

2. drugs could not have stayed in him for that long, talkless of 15 extra days.

NDLEA just cant admit their foolishness.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Akanbiedu(m): 6:52am On Oct 22, 2011
O su dundun

O tun s'olomi

Sororo.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by cupid4ig(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2011
useless people who is deceiving who?
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Gbenge77(m): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2011
I learnt he has a history of drug traffiking.can anyone confirm this?
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Saipro(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2011
Actually, the joke's on the judge who granted the injunction: theoretically, how long does it take to pass out ingested substances, even in chronically constipated individuals? Unless he somehow managed to stitch the wraps to his innards . . . . . .
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by anishe(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2011
Anything can happen in Nigeria. I pity the poor artiste.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by tollu: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2011
What's lukudi?
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2011
This man yansh go hear shegai grin
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by hillsate: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2011
hillsate:

Nigerian Anti-drug Agency Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days

An Abuja court has granted the NDLEA an extension to keep popular comedian Babatunde Omidina aka Baba Suwe  for fifteen days.

The decision come after the NDLEA operatives claimed new scan have revealed that there is still more drugs in Baba Suwe’s body.

The NDLEA arrested Omidina while he was about to board a plane to Paris at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport  in Lagos, he was arrested and placed under “observation” after a scanning device indicated that he had ingested substances suspected to be hard drugs.

The comedian has since remained under close observation at the NDLEA detention center. The NDLEA said they kept him to until he excretes the narcotic drugs from his system.
This has drawn public scrutiny against the NDLEA and some have criticised them of picking on the actor because of his celebrity.  Yesterday a Lagos –based attorney filed a N1 billion  lawsuit against the NDLEA over Mr. Omidina’s detention.

Agency officials had claimed that they were waiting to check Baba Suwe stool and examine it further before further action can be taken.

Earlier, NDLEA spokesperson, Mitchel ofoyeju told SaharaReporters they had just confidence due to results from recent scans conducted on the comedian

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-anti-drug-agency-obtains-court-order-keep-popular-comedian-detention-15-days

Guys, am lost here. what does the boldened clause mean?
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by vigasimple(m): 10:48am On Oct 22, 2011
I do not have time to really coment on whether or not we have competent drug trafficking fighting agency. They haave already damage the case before it started, just like EFCC.

I don't also know how Nigeria legal system works presumably Drug offences is a federal matter BUT to go to ABUJA HIGH COURT for something that happen's in Lagos and get 15 more days to detain says something about NDLEA than the suspect.

Infact, they appears to be looking to plant something on him, if they cannot find anything on him, they seems to have made a mistake and cannot come to accept it.

In most countries of the world, I don't think it takes 7 days or now 22 days to excreate all that you may have eating or put into your stomach. Maybe like someone said, they are punishing him for 'sleeping with someones higher up wife'.

Ironically, the whole thing involves a comedian, and certainly it will propably turns out to be a big commedy.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by odidigbodi: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2011
smiley
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by kayode72: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2011
i hope there is an independent party monitoring the examination of the doodoo before NDLEA official planted one in it in order to save face.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Saipro(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2011
Funny enough,  I didn't notice the emboldened phrase until Hillsate mentioned it. Are we inferring he may passed out some wraps previously? Is that what they're saying (claiming)? Is that what my boys are thinking? Or am I the one who simply talks too much .  .  .  .  .  .  .
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by maasoap(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2011
"lukudi" is a Yoruba word which means a form of money ritual in which a man swallow an object (this varies, it can be living or non-living object). The object is permanently lodged there and it grows with time. The more it grows in your stomach, the more your stomach swells. And they say, the more your money multiplies. So they say.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 22, 2011
this report is incomplete.
story had it that he refused to eat claiming that he eats every 3 days.
also he was taken to LASUTH where a CT scan was done which confirmed there are suspicious substances in there.
it was based on these that the order was obtained.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by crackhouse(m): 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
I am begining to think that, that baba suwe is either senseless or guilty of the offence Ndlea is claiming he committed otherwise i still wonder why he have not contacted his lawyer regarding this issue or don't he have a lawyer?. What abt his family members? Are they sleeping?. Doesn't he have right to a lawyer?.
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by gascoign1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2011
Lets wait see,its just a normal home movie and he get part 2 and 3, which is yet to be released due to piracy,
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by shadrach77: 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
this is my hypothesis:
1. this report is false
2. baba suwe was arrested based on a tip off and not based on a body scan
3. he might not have carried drugs on his body when he travelled but the ndlea are keeping him because they know that his hand ARE NOT CLEAN so they are trying to either (a) punish him before releasing him (b) force him to confess
4. ndlea may appear to be treating him unfairly but they know what they re doing - there is no smoke without fire

cheesy smiley smiley
Re: NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters by Ekans: 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2011
Baba suwe,a yoruba man,hmm!,i smell juju at work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Beautiful Photos Of Nadia Buari You Have Never Seen Before / Nollywood Star Chacha Eke Show Her Throw Back Booty Pic / Anthony Joshua Captured All Loved Up With A Hot Female Companion At A Beach In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.