Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,108 members, 7,852,755 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? (862 Views)

Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? by Lontorlooka(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2023
My wife is a learner. I went to drop her at work and upon returning back, police stopped me and asked for my documents, etc.
I put the Learner sticker on the car to help her while she is driving with her tutor.

Meanwhile, Police billed me 50k and after back and forth, I settled them with 20% of this sum.
They then removed the L stickers and told me to go and that I should never drive with the L since I am not.

Experienced drivers, is this actually illegal?

P.S: I have not been driving for long.
Also, please recommend official links I can read more on Nigeria and Lagos traffic rules. I can't seem to find much online apart from having materials (like fire extinguisher, etc) which I have all.
Re: It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? by Zonefree(m): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
Also, please recommend official links I can read more on Nigeria and Lagos traffic rules.

Read traffic rules in Nigeria?
E be like you're an expatriate undecided

When it comes to Nigeria policemen on roadblock, there's no rules. If you like have your complete papers, you can never be right in the eyes of an average Nigeria policemen on roadblock.

They're hawks looking for chicks to devour.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? by garriAndsugar: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
Instead of saying 20% why not just say 10k

4 Likes

Re: It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? by cyborg123(m): 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
You should have a copy of any evidence showing your wife is learning with the car in the glove box to present at any time.

I'm not aware of any law you've broken either way.
Re: It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? by Lontorlooka(m): 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
cyborg123:
You should have a copy of any evidence showing your wife is learning with the car in the glove box to present at any time.

I'm not aware of any law you've broken either way.

I showed the officer the original learner permit but he won't buy the idea
Re: It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? by cyborg123(m): 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
Just see it as your way of feeding the policemen for that day. We've all been there.
Re: It Is Illegal To Drive With Learner Sign 'L' And Hold Driving License? by Whois(m): 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
The police has used you to cash out. I'd suggest you get dashcam in your car to avoid any other police extortion. wink

(1) (Reply)

Camry 96 Vs Mazda Millinia / How Safe Are RHD Converted Cars / Can I Get A Good Honda Mechanic In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.