Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? (28995 Views)

Police Vows To Go After Producers Of Rotating Number Plates / FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by SLOVFO(m): 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
My vehicle's number plates are about 6 years old and about faded. I intend taking to an artist for a makeover. To replace them through FRSC will cost about 25K naira while an artist will collect about 5K naira to do a decent job. My worry is if it's against the law.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Saynoomore: 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
Same here bro! Mine is 8yrs and barely visible even at arm's length.

I've considered repainting it myself ( shouldn't cost me more than 2k), I only worry if it won't fade off yet again after two or three visits to the car wash!

BTW, what Law are you talking about? undecided the one that decides what costmetic changes you make on your car? abi the one that gave you fading number plates? I would even sue them for selling a fading number plate to me! It wasn't in their terms of sale that I signed when buying it! There should have been a caveat.

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by aieromon(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2022
SLOVFO:
My vehicle's number plates are about 6 years old and about faded. I intend taking to an artist for a makeover. To replace them through FRSC will cost about 25K naira while an artist will collect about 5K naira to do a decent job. My worry is if it's against the law.

Yes. The law states that faded plates should be replaced.

Whoever is responsible for printing these plates is doing a very poor job. These plates start fading into the second year of use.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Saynoomore: 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2022
aieromon:

Whoever is responsible for printing these plates is doing a very poor job. These plates start fading into the second year of use.

That job na scam! Extremely shoddy painting. It's totally unacceptable. We are talking of another 25k here for buying a pig in a poke! Then after 2 years again, you pay another 25k!!!!!

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by SLOVFO(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
aieromon:

Nawa ooo. Thanks for enlightening me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by 9icetoo(m): 8:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
SLOVFO:

Here is what I did when in a similar situation.

Used a fine brush to make out the letterings in glossy blue colour. Took the plates to painter who coated it with clear coat.

Then I never accepted when stopped that it was my handwork. I always insisted that this was how they issued it to me. grin

187 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Shetemi12(m): 6:09am On Feb 13, 2022
Really..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by KingAzubuike(f): 6:11am On Feb 13, 2022
Paint it yourself.. if you're stopped, challenge them.

The system is so Corrupt. They make substandard plates on purpose because they want you to come back for new ones sooner

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by id4sho(m): 6:12am On Feb 13, 2022
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Triangles1(m): 6:13am On Feb 13, 2022
Just getting to know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by gboyetade: 6:13am On Feb 13, 2022
I want to know too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:14am On Feb 13, 2022
I repainted mine and heaven didn't fall, because they can't prove to me that it was repainted

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by WibusJaga: 6:14am On Feb 13, 2022

I was once stopped by FRSC official because of faded plates. He advised me to use an artist to repaint it.
So it is NOT illegal to repaint the plate.
Doesn't even make economic sense to spend 25k on new plates that will fade after barely 2years.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 6:15am On Feb 13, 2022
SLOVFO:
we are living is a country where all sectors are corrupt. Why not print on plates to last for 15 yrs, rather than 5 years. Every public office has an ATM machine for stealing. In USA/Canada, their printings last for 3 decades.

47 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by ShenTeh(m): 6:16am On Feb 13, 2022
aieromon:

My nephew wanted to impress me, car wey I dey carry my wife kitchen Morning Fresh dey wash for 6 years, him go carry detergent wash am, my plate numbers just wipe.

62 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by rocknation62(m): 6:16am On Feb 13, 2022
I’ll suggest you repaint it. Cunny man die, cunny man bury am.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by philkoms: 6:16am On Feb 13, 2022
I m here to learn.i discovered continues using soap or detergent to wash the plate number is the easy way to make them fade quickly.I rather clean it with cloth soak in water.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by helinues: 6:17am On Feb 13, 2022
Why not go and replaced it
Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by fineboynl(m): 6:17am On Feb 13, 2022
The bigger scammer is the government of Nigeria.

Why would anyone bother reprinting a plate number. Just use the vehicle like that bro.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by ntyce(m): 6:17am On Feb 13, 2022
The FRSC should be challenged on this...

The plates are of poor quality.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by helinues: 6:18am On Feb 13, 2022
philkoms:
I m here to learn.i discovered continues using soap or detergent to wash the plate number is the easy way to make them fade quickly.I rather clean it with cloth soak in water.

There are recommended liquid soap to wash cars based on color..
Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Tovard(m): 6:18am On Feb 13, 2022
This is what I will suggest based on experience.

Let a painter who knows his job to do it for you and thereafter buy number plate cover. Something like light green cover to cover up the number plate, they will never see the error again.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by mfm04622: 6:18am On Feb 13, 2022
SLOVFO:

It is illegal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Lexusgs430: 6:19am On Feb 13, 2022
SLOVFO:

Use oil based paint + give it many coats (wait for initial paint to fully dry & re-coat).....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 13, 2022
grin.

This is the kind of thread one should follow because only car owners will fill this place as only them can relate. or what do you think ma ladies? grin tongue grin

Enough of leggedis benz. Biko.

By the way, contact me for your quality carwash that won't strip your car of it's lustre and shine.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Lexusgs430: 6:20am On Feb 13, 2022
helinues:
Why not go and replaced it

This is what they want you to do, at your expense......

6 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by CYBERWEAVER(m): 6:20am On Feb 13, 2022
Afraid of law in a lawless nation grin

They've pasted another law?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by otomatic(m): 6:21am On Feb 13, 2022
FRSC will tell you it is Lagos number plates that are fading. Because the state government is the one printing those ones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by nonxo007(m): 6:21am On Feb 13, 2022
Yes
Re: Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? by Lush100(m): 6:22am On Feb 13, 2022
Why r u bringing this delicate matter .
If your car body fade at some point, won't u repaint it again.
What kind of question is this.
So u want hard-working govt-neglected Nigerians to use minimum wage to buy another plate number for money-looting already-overfed govt official.

It just common sense na.

U should have asked your colleagues,
U will get answers.
Haba

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Top 10 Concept Cars Of 2017 (Photos) / What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Are These The Worst Paint Jobs Ever Done On Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.