Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,778 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Appreciation To African World Airlines Pilot - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Appreciation To African World Airlines Pilot (85 Views)

Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ / Fact Check: Did Queen Elizabeth II Throw Food To African Kids In Viral Video? / Russia Bans British Airlines From Its Airspace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appreciation To African World Airlines Pilot by alienvirus: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2023
I was in Accra to Lagos flight yesterday (10/10/2023) when a pilot of African World Airlines aborted take-off.

The aircraft was scheduled to take off at 6:30am local time. We boarded on time and the aircraft began to taxi on the runway. My mind already in Lagos, thinking about my schedules for the day. The aircraft changed the engine power for take of and started speeding off. Suddenly, the aircraft slowed down, almost to a halt and pull away from the takeoff runway. I knew there was a big issue. I have never experienced that before. The pilot announced that he got a wrong signal from the aircraft which made him to abort takeoff.

I was happy and appreciative that the pilot attention to details was top notch. A silly pilot could have ignored and thought he would get someone to check it when he is back.

My full appreciation to AWA entire crew members. Thank you all for the high safety standards and precautions.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Complain About Other African Countries / Kadyrov Should Be Informed About Putin / The Bombs On Gaza And Biafra, By Cyril U. Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.