Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,068 members, 7,835,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 (14974 Views)

Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS / The Lagos Metro-Line Is Almost Completed (See PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by OYEDIPE(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2023
Tizmamoney:

Dark City
Shebi there is light Awka.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by iamtardey: 10:34am On Oct 12, 2023
Roboto11:
They would soon be here.

Trust me.

They'll soon be here.

grin
a ti de ke’e to de

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by LZAA: 10:40am On Oct 12, 2023
Afamed:
Meanwhile in Alaigbo, they are celebrating the arrival of Julius Berger signal post.

LZAA una shame dey shame us
😒😒
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Benwallt(m): 11:15am On Oct 12, 2023
Where are the children of perdition?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by saintrow1: 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Dareal90s:
All the noise on they promised electric but they are using fuel will end.

Number one hater spotted.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by nograv: 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Bliss52:
cry

We prefer Heroes beer

Not

LightRail

Hate will kill you..
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Bliss52: 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
nograv:

Hate will kill you..

Yes hate of Heros beer

What will kill you?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by MeineMutter: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2023
whytediamond:
The blue line train I saw yesterday only had 4 coaches for passengers.

The number of people standing was 3 times those sitting. I just know say Nigeria never ready.

The way they will damage the train because of overloading, It's well.

Why the train is still overcrowded is because of the limited number of trips they have for now.

Every computer present at the station would want to nearly at the same time because of lesser trip that the trains run.

But if, as a commuter, one can see on the notice board that another train will go in the next 10 minutes or so, one can choose to wait and not force one’s self into a train that is leaving because of the fear that another one may not come until the next 30 minutes or more.

That’s why the governor said they are increasing the number of trips per day from 12 to 54, I think and to be further increased to 75 by November 2023.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by MeineMutter: 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ndipe:
In a country where electricity is not stable, so what will be the alternative when NEPA takes light while the train is in motion, what will be the backup plan?

They have UPS and generator backups.

Once Nepa takes light, the train will automatically switch to UPS while source of electricity is changed to generator automatically.
This will happen within a few minutes.
LAMATA had explained all this when it was being inaugurated.

What they would have done better (and in other designs in the future) would have been to move the electricity overhead instead of it being on track. I know it may be a bit expensive but it would be more safer.

Also, it’s good they privatize some parts of the operations to allow speed of efficiency.

Good they allow private operators who can bring rolling stocks (on to the rail) etc to operate and pay operational fees to government.

That sector we are looking with ‘small eyes’ is a multibillion dollar, money-spinning sector.

It’s good that Lagos state government quickly start implementing other lines and put LAMATA on Nigerian Stock Exchange to raise funds and allow experts to run transportation business in Lagos.

I see no reason why Ogun and Ondo are still sleeping on this. They ought to have been putting finishing touches to their own lines that would have met that of Lagos state their borders.

A simple arithmetic of an average revenue that could be generated in a day by Lagos state government is this:

At current 80,000 passengers x N350 x 29 days (average of the months) = N812,000,000

Assuming we leave a Margin of Error of 2% on that revenue, Lagos State will still make a whopping N795,000,000 in a month on a short distance train of not out to 20km.

That’s just on 12 trips o.

One can imagine what they would make when the trip gets to 75.

I expect its overhead cost not to exceed 38% of the revenue it generates.

We should watch out for a more prosperous Lagos in the coming years.

One more time; it’s good Lagos State starts on all other Lines now and also extend this Blue Line, quickly, to Seme border.

Thank God, the train can run on raised tracks on bridges because from Ijanikin to Seme is mostly a water-lodge area. They will need to spend heavily on bridge and concrete slab construction.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by mmsen: 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
Just imagine, were it not for Buhari Lagos would already have a well matured metro system.

B*o*k*o*hari. lipsrsealed
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by delpee(f): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
MeineMutter:

Once Nepa takes light, the train will automatically switch to UPS while source of electricity is changed to generator automatically.

What they would have done better (and in other designs in the future) would have been to move the electricity overhead instead of it being on track. I know it may be a bit expensive but it would be more safer.

Also, it’s good they privatize some parts of the operations to allow speed of efficiency.

Good they allow private operators who can bring rolling stocks (on to the rail) etc to operate and pay operational fees to government.

That sector we are looking with ‘small eyes’ is a multibillion dollar, money-spinning sector.

It’s good that Lagos state government quickly start implementing other lines and put LAMATA on Nigerian Stock Exchange to raise funds and allow experts to run transportation business in Lagos.

I see no reason why Ogun and Ondo are still sleeping on this. They ought to have been putting finishing touches to their own lines that would have met that of Lagos state their borders.

A simple arithmetic of an average revenue that could be generated in a day by Lagos state government is this:

At current 80,000 passengers x N350 x 29 days (average of the months) = N812,000,000

Assuming we leave a Margin of Error of 2% on that revenue, Lagos State will still make a whopping N795,000,000 in a month on a short distance train of not out to 20km.

One more time; it’s good Lagos State starts on all other Lines now and also extend this Blue Line, quickly, to Seme border.

Thank God, the train can run on raised tracks on bridges because from Ijanikin to Seme is mostly a water-lodge area. They will need to spend heavily on bridge and concrete slab construction.

There are plans for trains across the SW under the DAWN Commission.

The upcoming Red Line will get to Sango Otta I think.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by GeneralPula: 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
harryboyng:
Make dem kukuma run this thing reach Ogun state if light go even constant here..cos I see this train working well in Lag as most cities in Lag have better light supply..
Yeah..

The electric can work since there’s train rail in Ogun..

There’s also light to some good extent..
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by TheGift: 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

While not come to the train station and see if it going to get electricity to run or not

Someone has already updated me on the plans for electricity. I wish The blue line rail all the best.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Dittodat: 2:57pm On Oct 12, 2023
We are celebrating a LOGO in Abia. grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Gajagojo: 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2023
MeineMutter:

NEPA is not in the plan at all

The scheme has its own independent power source

https://businessday.ng/news/article/lagos-builds-18mw-power-plant-for-blue-line-rail/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Truthshotcrazy: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

https://businessday.ng/news/article/lagos-builds-18mw-power-plant-for-blue-line-rail/
cool
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by drlateef: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2023
Roboto11:
They would soon be here.

Trust me.

They'll soon be here.

grin

You mean the Igbos? They are the first set to rush into the train at inception. They will never purse to ponder, why was Peter Obi keeping state money in his bank where he had shares, and he could not build a railway with the money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by MeineMutter: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2023
delpee:

There are plans for trains across the SW under the DAWN Commission.

The upcoming Red Line will get to Sango Otta I think.

That would be good they give it speedy consideration than it being in a pipeline. What a governor would prioritize may not be what another governor would prioritize.

If states with larger population want to be generating more revenue, internally, auto rail investment is the way to go - though capital intensive.

I noticed most of our states rely too much on federal allocation from which they steal and use the little remaining to pay monthly salary.

If every big states down south in Nigeria can pool resources together and link big towns and cities by rail and also allow the northern states so the same thing, we will have tremendous potential of growing the economy quickly under a period of 15 years.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by MeineMutter: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

Good there’s nothing like NEPA then. But I know there’s UPS that would switch over to generator.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Gajagojo: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
MeineMutter:

Good there’s nothing like NEPA then. But I know there’s UPS that would switch over to generator.
don't know where you got that from but I won't argue
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by MeineMutter: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
Gajagojo:
don't know where you got that from but I won't argue

In the news directly from LAMATA’s MD.

She categorically mentioned UPS system holding power while switchover is taking place.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Gajagojo: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2023
MeineMutter:

In the news directly from LAMATA’s MD.

She categorically mentioned UPS system holding power while switchover is taking place.
UPS does not mean generators
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Growing(m): 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
Good development
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by harryboyng(m): 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2023
GeneralPula:

Yeah..

The electric can work since there’s train rail in Ogun..

There’s also light to some good extent..

My own area worse that’s why I would want it all through ogun state. That way. The light would improve.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by harryboyng(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
BreconHills:

The train has its own dedicated electrical power..

Oh..ogun residence go tap the light. Sure banker.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by harryboyng(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
dododawa1:
d Ogun governor Na MUMU

Over mumu sef. Make this dude just complete his remaining tenure. Make he waka.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by dododawa1: 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2023
harryboyng:

Over mumu sef. Make this dude just complete his remaining tenure. Make he waka.

Aje
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by BreconHills(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
harryboyng:

Oh..ogun residence go tap the light. Sure banker.

Unless they want to die. That is not 240 volts o. That is raw power.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by harryboyng(m): 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2023
BreconHills:

Unless they want to die. That is not 240 volts o. That is raw power.

Ehen..I didn’t know. Issokay.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by MeineMutter: 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

UPS does not mean generators

Yes. It is the UPS that would supply electricity to the train and sustain it while switchover is taking place. So the train won’t feel there’s power outage at all.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by wyqay: 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2023
Itesiwaju Eko ....
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Metro Train To Switch To Electricity Fully From October 16 by Horus(m): 12:29am On Oct 13, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hW55Krw95Y?si=6g4LhKDHZgvTLvmi

Testing And Simulation Of The FULLY ELECTRIC Tracks Of The Lagos Blue line Rail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Crashes Into A Bush At Ikorodu, Lagos (photos) / Safe Hotels Near Lagos Airport? / Max Air, Azman Air Commence Flight Operations In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.