Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures (8372 Views)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Let’s Talk About Croatia Work Permit And Visa Application. / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Karleb(m): 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
chuxmgc:
Please when will next year admission portal open?

Please can you assist us with the list of schools that lectures in English.

Please the list of tuition free universities.

How many hours can someone on study visa work in a week?

Whats there minimum wage per hour?

For your good, it's better you learn the language.

3 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
MatthiasChin:
Obrigada

I use to think The GCUB scholarship is only available for Masters and PHD programs.

Please when is the GCUB for 2024 opening?

Thank you so much once again.

Sorry, I missed the part where you mentioned Bsc.

You really need to learn Portuguese for Bsc even if your course does not require it. I doubt they teach or accept submission in English.

I don’t know much about Bsc but there’s a general exam for undergraduate applicants called Vestibular. You need to write and pass it, even then, for a course like law, admission is not guaranteed because it’s very competitive.

Read more here

https://blog.uninassau.edu.br/o-que-e-vestibular/#:~:text=%C3%89%20um%20processo%20de%20sele%C3%A7%C3%A3o,que%20obtenham%20a%20maior%20pontua%C3%A7%C3%A3o.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 11:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
chuxmgc:
Please when will next year admission portal open?

Please can you assist us with the list of schools that lectures in English.

Please the list of tuition free universities.

How many hours can someone on study visa work in a week?

Whats their minimum wage per hour?

No Public school lectures in English, Lecturers are just nice enough to let foreign students submit in English.

There’s a private institution that lectures in English for an MBA course but it’s very expensive. They however offer monthly payment plan. The course has numerous benefits such as exchange in other countries like US, Canada etc. Classes are also twice a month or so. I can provide a link if you want.

There’s a list of public schools at the beginning of this thread, please check

I don’t know hourly wage, minimum monthly wage is R$1,350
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by MatthiasChin: 6:12am On Nov 09, 2023
Brasileira:

Sorry, I missed the part where you mentioned Bsc.

You really need to learn Portuguese for Bsc even if your course does not require it. I doubt they teach or accept submission in English.

I don’t know much about Bsc but there’s a general exam for undergraduate applicants called Vestibular. You need to write and pass it, even then, for a course like law, admission is not guaranteed because it’s very competitive.

Read more here

https://blog.uninassau.edu.br/o-que-e-vestibular/#:~:text=%C3%89%20um%20processo%20de%20sele%C3%A7%C3%A3o,que%20obtenham%20a%20maior%20pontua%C3%A7%C3%A3o.

Thank you for the clarification.

The vestibular is it a private exam like the IELT like do I write it before I secure admission or while in school?
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by chuxmgc: 8:32am On Nov 09, 2023
Thanks so much for your responses.
I appreciate.
So what's now your advise for people that want to come to Brazil via study visa since we can't receive lecture in English?

The private school you talked about please can you assist with the name.

Brasileira:

No Public school lectures in English, Lecturers are just nice enough to let foreign students submit in English.

There’s a private institution that lectures in English for an MBA course but it’s very expensive. They however offer monthly payment plan. The course has numerous benefits such as exchange in other countries like US, Canada etc. Classes are also twice a month or so. I can provide a link if you want.

There’s a list of public schools at the beginning of this thread, please check

I don’t know hourly wage, minimum monthly wage is R$1,350
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2023
chuxmgc:
Thanks so much for your responses.
I appreciate.
So what's now your advise for people that want to come to Brazil via study visa since we can't receive lecture in English?

The private school you talked about please can you assist with the name.

For Masters and PhD programs, you work closely with your supervisor. Most of the time, they speak English and let you submit your work in English. That’s how Nigerian students here do it.

https://eaesp.fgv.br/cursos/pos-graduacao
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Brasileira: 9:59am On Nov 09, 2023
MatthiasChin:

Thank you for the clarification.

The vestibular is it a private exam like the IELT like do I write it before I secure admission or while in school?

No, it’s like Jamb but in this case, each institution organizes its own. Yes, you have to write it to secure admission, it’s an entrance exam.
Find out when they write for each school

This is a screenshot for University of São Paulo, registration is closed and first phase will be written Nov 19

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by brasXplorer: 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hi Barsileira, I'm in Sao Paulo, I'll like to meet you. Please accept my message request.
Brasileira:

Congratulations! I’m in São Paulo. Feel free to reach out when you arrive.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by MatthiasChin: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2023
Brasileira:

No, it’s like Jamb but in this case, each institution organizes its own. Yes, you have to write it to secure admission, it’s an entrance exam.
Find out when they write for each school

This is a screenshot for University of São Paulo, registration is closed and first phase will be written Nov 19

Thank you very much

I know it's not easy but I will really like to secure an admission LLB in any of the uni's over there.

So whatsoever way you can keep me updated with any info will be highly appreciated....

Once again thank you.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by brasXplorer: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hi Oiganji02, congratulations on your GCUB scholarship, I live in Brasil (Sao Paulo) and would like to exchange ideas on GCUB/ Living in Brazil. I look forward to applying for GCUB and will need insights from you about it.

Oiganji02:
Thank you for all the information.

Pls I just recently got Gcub scholarship I want to know how life is over there in Brazil and how much it’s would cost me for visa processing here and flight ticket to Brazil.

And please do you have any information on the school Universidade Federal do Pará, I think it’s in Belem, para Brazil. I want to know what the standard of living and how the state like in general. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Steward89: 8:48am On Nov 10, 2023
Congratulations Oiganji02.
Like you did, I also got the Gcub scholarships for my doctorate program at the federal University of Lavras, Brasil...

I am actually new on nairaland.. maybe we can work together to plan for the success of this good opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Sirsanni: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
Congratulations, I got the same scholarship to the same school, please reach out to me, we can help each other, Congratulations again

Steward89:

Congratulations Oiganji02.
Like you did, I also got the Gcub scholarships for my doctorate program at the federal University of Lavras, Brasil...

I am actually new on nairaland.. maybe we can work together to plan for the success of this good opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Lonergem: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2023
Sirsanni:
Congratulations, I got the same scholarship to the same school, please reach out to me, we can help each other, Congratulations again

Congratulations Sirsanni

Oiganji02
Steward89
Sirsanni

Pls can you list the guidelines of how to apply for the scholarship am planning to enroll for my masters degree in São Paulo university next year.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by brasXplorer: 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hi SirSanni, congratulations are in order, I live in Brasil and hope to exploit the GCUB scholarship. I sent a message, kindly check your email and revert. Toodles
Sirsanni:

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by brasXplorer: 2:53am On Nov 17, 2023
Lonergem:

Congratulations Sirsanni

Oiganji02
Steward89
Sirsanni

Pls can you list the guidelines of how to apply for the scholarship am planning to enroll for my masters degree in São Paulo university next year.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 12:45am On Nov 18, 2023
GCUB is actually for foreigners living outside of Brazil. Do your research online.
brasXplorer:
Hi Oiganji02, congratulations on your GCUB scholarship, I live in Brasil (Sao Paulo) and would like to exchange ideas on GCUB/ Living in Brazil. I look forward to applying for GCUB and will need insights from you about it.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 12:51am On Nov 18, 2023
No problem bro. I am specifically going to Campinas. I guess you live in Sao Paulo city. But will sure reach out to you.
Brasileira:

Congratulations! I’m in São Paulo. Feel free to reach out when you arrive.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Aidigital: 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2023
Congratulations

Oiganji02
Steward89
Sirsanni

Please when is the next application for GCUB Scholarship come out. @ brazilieie can you please keep us updated
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2023
@brasileira I greet you.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2023
Aidigital:
Congratulations

Oiganji02
Steward89
Sirsanni

Please when is the next application for GCUB Scholarship come out. @ brazilieie can you please keep us updated

It is made public. Always check online from early next year. Nothing hidden. Everything is online.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by icu4: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
petertaiwo0:

Where did you get your information from?Please be mind and always be sure of passing out false information so as not to destroyed people plan. Don't say what you don't know please. Brazilian consulate is accepting visa applications not in person or by booking an appointment. You can send your complete visa application through courier in Lagos and include your printout of evidence of payment for your visa fees.

Hello please i just applied for a Brazilian visa . i submitted my documents but my intl passport was returned to me immediately they only kept a copy of my passport, bank statement, employers into letter and my previous visas. did you experience the same thing during your visa processing.

im abit worried that my passport was returned immediately. i dont know if returning passport is their new procedure or it means automatic rejection. please kindly share your experience. ps my online tracking is still showing 'under review'. thanks
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lovetterrison(m): 6:08am On Dec 06, 2023
@untamedd Abeg make una help me review this few questions before my submission

Firstly I will be attending a cryptocurrency summit in brazil and the organiser just allowed every attendee to digitally print out our summit visor invitation..Do i need to notarize it before submission

Second, I kindly want to ask what status of the visa should I click on while applying : is it DIGITAL NOMAD OR BUSINESS VISA OR CONFERENCE?

Thirdly, I reside in Abuja and I read through your website that applicants need to book an appointment before submission. Kindly advise if I am submitting via DHL, should I still book an appointment on e-consular?
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by untamedd(f): 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2023
lovetterrison:
@untamedd Abeg make una help me review this few questions before my submission

Firstly I will be attending a cryptocurrency summit in brazil and the organiser just allowed every attendee to digitally print out our summit visor invitation..Do i need to notarize it before submission

Second, I kindly want to ask what status of the visa should I click on while applying : is it DIGITAL NOMAD OR BUSINESS VISA OR CONFERENCE?

Thirdly, I reside in Abuja and I read through your website that applicants need to book an appointment before submission. Kindly advise if I am submitting via DHL, should I still book an appointment on e-consular?

I’m not very familiar with conferences but to be safe, just have your invite notarized.

Visa category would still be Tourist visa, in the column asking for the purpose of your visit, you can put conference.

Yes, you need to book appointment on e-consular, your mode of submission would be through courier and you can then use DHL to submit after the embassy gives you the approval to do so.

However, the embassy sent out a notice that they are currently not processing visas till further notice and in case of an emergency, you can send them an email.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lovetterrison(m): 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
untamedd:

I’m not very familiar with conferences but to be safe, just have your invite notarized.

Visa category would still be Tourist visa, in the column asking for the purpose of your visit, you can put conference.

Yes, you need to book appointment on e-consular, your mode of submission would be through courier and you can then use DHL to submit after the

embassy gives you the approval to do so.

However, the embassy sent out a notice that they are currently not processing visas till further notice and in case of an emergency, you can send them an email.

God bless you thank you I sent them a mail already they said I should send doc 6weeks before summit.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lovetterrison(m): 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2023
untamedd:

Visa category would still be Tourist visa, in the column asking for the purpose of your visit, you can put conference. Fgt

Yes, you need to book appointment on e-consular, your mode of submission would be through courier and you can then use DHL to submit after the embassy gives you the approval to do so.

Where will I notorize the invitation doc ?
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by trollx: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hello guys don't listen to the OP, s/he is just trying to lure people in... Alot of persons in Brazil & co, with Brazilian PR & Passport are all running towards the Mexican border side to cross over to the USA & Canada because of the hardship. Except maybe you are actually going there for that purpose. #Peace🇧🇷🕊️✌️✌🏿

No shades! No offense!!
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Karleb(m): 5:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
trollx:
Hello guys don't listen to the OP. S/he is just trying to lure people in... Alot of persons in Brazil & co, with Brazilian PR & Passport are all running towards the Mexican border side to cross over to the USA & Canada because of the hardship. Except maybe you are actually going there for that purpose. #Peace🕊️✌️✌🏿

No shades! No offense!!

grin grin
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by OSDD(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
trollx:
Hello guys don't listen to the OP, s/he is just trying to lure people in... Alot of persons in Brazil & co, with Brazilian PR & Passport are all running towards the Mexican border side to cross over to the USA & Canada because of the hardship. Except maybe you are actually going there for that purpose. #Peace🇧🇷🕊️✌️✌🏿

No shades! No offense!!

She's luring them? Like she need them for something over there or what?. Your story no even clear at all. "A lot of person" you must really know a lot of persons in Brazil to know how badly they want to leave.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Minsk24: 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2023
trollx:

No shades! No offense!!
oP abeg ignore this vagabond, he/she wants to derail this thread...holy ghost faya
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2023
trollx:

No shades! No offense!!
Whoever you are, you're spitting rubbish here. I have people in Brazil and they're doing well. I am traveling very soon in February. Your statement shows you have no facts, you don't know jack about Brazil. Maybe you have not left even the shores of Nigeria before. Go do your research!
Is it USA that is better that I have to run there? So you think many aren't running out of US to Brazil? Brazil is my retirement country. You're funny.
No shades! No offense!!

2 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lovetterrison(m): 12:10am On Dec 08, 2023
trollx:

No shades! No offense!!

If I hoot slaaap u ehhh —-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Travellig To Nigeria On A British Passport But Without A Visa Or Nigerian Passpo / French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. / How Do I Get To Uganda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.