Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures (8328 Views)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Let’s Talk About Croatia Work Permit And Visa Application. / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by trollx: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2023
OSDD:

She's luring them? Like she need them for something over there or what?. Your story no even clear at all. "A lot of person" you must really know a lot of persons in Brazil to know how badly they want to leave.
Minsk24:

oP abeg ignore this vagabond, he/she wants to derail this thread...holy ghost faya
robify01:

Whoever you are, you're spitting rubbish here. I have people in Brazil and they're doing well. I am traveling very soon in February. Your statement shows you have no facts, you don't know jack about Brazil. Maybe you have not left even the shores of Nigeria before. Go do your research!
Is it USA that is better that I have to run there? So you think many aren't running out of US to Brazil? Brazil is my retirement country. You're funny.
No shades! No offense!!
lovetterrison:

If I hoot slaaap u ehhh —-
Until all of you quoting me wrongly comes with a proof otherwise to my claim that alot of Brazilians with PR and Passport ain't stowing-away to the USA & Canada for greener pastures before I will concur to your delusional claims. #Peace🇧🇷🕊️✌️

No shades! No offense!!
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:06am On Dec 08, 2023
trollx:

Until all of you quoting me wrongly comes with a proof otherwise to my claim that alot of Brazilians with PR and Passport ain't stowing-away to the USA & Canada for greener pastures before I will concur to your delusional claims. #Peace🇧🇷🕊️✌️

No shades! No offense!!

Where's your proof that the ones with PR and passport are doing same.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Karleb(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2023
trollx:

No shades! No offense!!

You have bad breathe.

That's a fact until you prove otherwise.

No shade, no offense.

#Peace.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by OSDD(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
trollx:

No shades! No offense!!

We should quote you? Where's your own quote? You didn't show any stat or fact, just *I know persons*...

Brazil is among the lowest number of immigrants in your Almighty USA in all of South American countries according to stat by university of Washington..
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
trollx:

No shades! No offense!!

Go find work do! You're not making sense.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Gerrard59(m): 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
trollx:
Hello guys don't listen to the OP, s/he is just trying to lure people in... Alot of persons in Brazil & co, with Brazilian PR & Passport are all running towards the Mexican border side to cross over to the USA & Canada because of the hardship. Except maybe you are actually going there for that purpose. #Peace🇧🇷🕊️✌️✌🏿

No shades! No offense!!

LIES!

Brazillans are not at the Mexico border lurking to enter the US. Brazilians have less than 20% visit visa refusal rates, so how can the same people be at the borders trying to enter the US?

You must be mistaking Guatamenlans and other Central Americans for Brazillans. Also, the thing about migrating to the US is strictly economics. Ambitious Europeans, except the Swiss, strive to work in the US. Ambitious Indians, Koreans, Singaporeans and even Japanese all want to work in the US because of the breadth of opportunities and salaries. So, even if a country has a thriving economy, the most ambitious citizens would still want to work in the US. So, we would have ambitious Brazilians who want to study/work in the US (one of Facebook's co-founders is an example), but Brazilians are not the ones you see at the Mexico-US border.

5 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hello my Gees,

Please what's the better and cheaper route to fly to Brazil aside Nigerian airlines whose fees are so high right now?

@Gerrard59
@Brasileiro
And any other person with good info.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Gerrard59(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
robify01:
Hello my Gees,

Please what's the better and cheaper route to fly to Brazil aside Nigerian airlines whose fees are so high right now?

@Gerr.ard59
@Brasi,leiro
And any other person with good info.

use Google Flights or Skyscanner to compare flights. Until you are about to pay, don't assume prices as they change every second. To get cheap rates, book at least three weeks ahead and book a mid-week flight. Weekend flights are usually more costly.

3 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

use Google Flights or Skyscanner to compare flights. Until you are about to pay, don't assume prices as they change every second. To get cheap rates, book at least three weeks ahead and book a mid-week flight. Weekend flights are usually more costly.

Thanks bro. Your response is appreciated👍🏾
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lastkingsman: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
untamedd:
Hello Everyone!

I know there is a thread already about Giving birth in Brazil. On that thread, I have seen many people make inquiries about study without a lot of response. I decided to open a thread dedicated to studying in Brazil.

Brazil welcomes International students to study in their country and all public Universities are tuition free even for foreigners. Brazil is also trying to encourage International students to come and study here in Brazil, hence they have set up GCUB which is a body that provides funding (grants) to international students who intend to study in Brazil. The funding is a monthly stipend provided to support students while studying. Without it, you can still study for free.

Admission Process
Each faculty decides their own admission process so if you’re interested in a particular course, you’ll need to check the faculty website to see when they usually start their admission process as well as requirements. Some faculties require entrance exams, some don’t. If they do, you’ll make arrangements to write the exam in Nigeria.

Language
Brazil universities are one of the best in the world. Learning language is Portuguese but as an international student, you can request to do your work in English. Depending on your faculty requirements, you may need to write Portuguese proficiency exam or complete a Portuguese course within one year of admission.
Most of the Universities website have the option to view their website in English language at the top of the website. If not you can use your browser’s translation tool to translate the website.

After Gaining Admission
You’ll need to authenticate your documents at the Ministry of foreign affairs and Ministry of Education. You’ll also legalize with the Brazilian embassy in Lagos.
You’ll then apply for your study visa. If you have a study grant, you may not need to prove financially capability, otherwise you’ll need to.

If you know about this process, please feel free to contribute.

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lastkingsman: 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2023
Gerrard59:

LIES!

Brazillans are not at the Mexico border lurking to enter the US. Brazilians have less than 20% visit visa refusal rates, so how can the same people be at the borders trying to enter the US?

You must be mistaking Guatamenlans and other Central Americans for Brazillans. Also, the thing about migrating to the US is strictly economics. Ambitious Europeans, except the Swiss, strive to work in the US. Ambitious Indians, Koreans, Singaporeans and even Japanese all want to work in the US because of the breadth of opportunities and salaries. So, even if a country has a thriving economy, the most ambitious citizens would still want to work in the US. So, we would have ambitious Brazilians who want to study/work in the US (one of Facebook's co-founders is an example), but Brazilians are not the ones you see at the Mexico-US border.

Eduardo Saverin. Man ran from Brazil come dey hide for Singapore as fresh Brazilian ladies no gree am rest grin
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lastkingsman: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
trollx:

No shades! No offense!!

Of course US-Canada is better because of more opportunity. That's doesn't mean Brasil is not far better than Nigeria
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
lastkingsman:

Of course US-Canada is better because of more opportunity. That's doesn't mean Brasil is not far better than Nigeria

Better than Brazil in what respect? It depends on what exact comparisons you're making. So be specific.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by lastkingsman: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
robify01:

Better than Brazil in what respect? It depends on what exact comparisons you're making. So be specific.

Everything. At least their GDP per Capita is 4 times Nigeria own. Their passport gets weight pass ours
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by trollx: 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
robify01:

Go find work do! You're not making sense.
You that have work doing. How come you are surfing NL day and night for travel updates Odeee.

No shades! No offense!!
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Gerrard59(m): 3:46am On Dec 09, 2023
lastkingsman:

Eduardo Saverin. Man ran from Brazil come dey hide for Singapore as fresh Brazilian ladies no gree am rest grin

The family he comes from is very wealthy. That was how he got into Harvard. As we saw it, he later moved to Singapore, where he naturalised and got the Singaporean passport. To get Singapore's passport, one has to renounce all other previous citizenship. Migration is as old as mankind. From a wealthy family in Brazil, he moved to the US and later settled in Singapore.

Then we have people chanting every day on Nairaland that people should not emigrate if they really want to. I doubt any has studied at Harvard or had wealthy parents as Eduardo. That said, Eduardo is well respected in Singapore and got himself a Good Class Bungalow - the pinnacle of real estate in Singapore. GCBs signifies "one has made it" in Singapore.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by robify01: 8:03pm On Dec 11, 2023
trollx:

You that have work doing. How come you are surfing NL day and night for travel updates Odeee.

No shades! No offense!!

Lol, is it not obvious to you that I am travelling? I will need updates, don't you think so? And the goodnews is, I have got all the info I need. So what are you doing here in NL? Tell us. I will ignore you henceforth.
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Jackoko: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2023
Karleb:

For your good, it's better you learn the language.

Please, can you recommend the best, safest way to send money to Brazil? Thanks
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Karleb(m): 1:23am On Dec 12, 2023
Jackoko:

Please, can you recommend the best, safest way to send money to Brazil? Thanks

I don't know. Sorry
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by trollx: 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2023
robify01:

Lol, is it not obvious to you that I am travelling? I will need updates, don't you think so? And the goodnews is, I have got all the info I need. So what are you doing here in NL? Tell us. I will ignore you henceforth.
I'm here waiting for you in Brazil, so as to show you the easy route to use to the USA & Canada, just so you won't be kidnap or killed "K+K" while journeying to the Mexican border...🇧🇷🕊️ shocked

No shades! No offense!!
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by engrchina2016(m): 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2023
I got a PhD scholarship in Brazil. The offer came in on Friday 15 Dec.
I will like to connect with the scholars traveling next year and also the guys already in Brazil.
This is my WhatsApp number: 08072042314

3 Likes

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by engrchina2016(m): 11:14am On Dec 18, 2023
engrchina2016:
I got a PhD scholarship in Brazil. The offer came in on Friday 15 Dec.
I will like to connect with the scholars traveling next year and also the guys already in Brazil.
This is my WhatsApp number: 08072042314

Sirsanni
Oiganji02
Steward89
Sirsanni
We need to connect guys🤝
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by koolsammie(m): 4:53am On Mar 25
Please, is it possible to gain admission into one of the applied universities without earning the GCUB scholarship?

I mean when one applies to these schools through the GCUB platform and your name doesn't come out, can you still get admission in the university?

@Gerrard59
@untamedd
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Gerrard59(m): 7:45am On Mar 25
koolsammie:
Please, is it possible to gain admission into one of the applied universities without earning the GCUB scholarship?

I mean when one applies to these schools through the GCUB platform and your name doesn't come out, can you still get admission in the university?

@Ger.rard59
@unta.medd

You ask @Tensazangetsu20, na him sabi Brazillian admission process.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:24am On Mar 25
koolsammie:

@Gerrard59
@untamedd

Yes but it will be self sponsored with regards to living expenses.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by GlobeTrotter2: 10:44am On Mar 25
trollx:

I'm here waiting for you in Brazil, so as to show you the easy route to use to the USA & Canada, just so you won't be kidnap or killed "K+K" while journeying to the Mexican border...🇧🇷🕊️ shocked

No shades! No offense!!
if you are in this same Brazil I'm in, and you are talking about this country like this? Shame on you!!!!
How dare you talk about Brazil like that, how can you even compare Brazil to Nigeria? Oya go back now
If you can't see the optounities, you are simply blind.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by untamedd(f): 11:25am On Mar 25
koolsammie:

@Gerrard59
@untamedd

Yes, it's possible. You can apply directly to the university of choice. You may still be able to get grant from the university directly if it's not already competitive.

GCUB grant is for international students specifically but the government bolsa is for everyone, there's still a chance to get it.

If you don't get it, it's still tuition free but you won't be getting the monthly stipends.

1 Like

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by timy22(f): 1:11pm On Apr 04
brasXplorer:
Hi Barsileira, I'm in Sao Paulo, I'll like to meet you. Please accept my message request.
Please bro, do you use an agent?
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by oloyemeji: 7:33pm On Apr 04
When is the admission period? And can I go with my dependant immediately?
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by koolsammie(m): 7:36pm On Apr 29
untamedd:

Yes, it's possible. You can apply directly to the university of choice. You may still be able to get grant from the university directly if it's not already competitive.

GCUB grant is for international students specifically but the government bolsa is for everyone, there's still a chance to get it.

If you don't get it, it's still tuition free but you won't be getting the monthly stipends.

Thanks so much
Can I enjoy the bolsa program as a single man in Brazil? I thought it's for families?
Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by TadeDetule: 3:07am On May 03

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures by Karleb(m): 6:42am On May 03

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help; Is It Advisable To Travel To Brazil To Hustle? / The Beauty Of Texas. . . . / I Regret Leaving Nigeria For America…how Do I Live With Myself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.