Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong (44132 Views)

My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? / My Boyfriend's F1 visa Was Approved Today / My UK Summer Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Iko5000: 11:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
That letter is so suspect , a proper UK company will not write that kind of letter. Just the first few lines shows that the person can't write a proper letter .
Saviourplease:

Yes, I did get a letter from the trainee.

The company (offering the training) is a global OEM with a market cap of 40 billion USD.

5 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by dododawa1: 12:08am On Oct 14, 2023
Everyone life depends on

UK or USA

No one remember

Heaven or Hell

Both are real.

5 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by fkj950ax(m): 12:25am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?

If your salary is N200k a month, why is your company going to pay N1.4m to send you for training?
If your salary is N1m a month, why is your company going to pay N7m to send you for training?
If your salary is N500k a month, why is your company going to pay N3.5m to send you for training?

Remember, these people go through hundreds of applications daily from Nigerians, they already know what is the deal in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by rickleye: 12:26am On Oct 14, 2023
1. The amount you claim your company will be spending on you for accommodation is 5 times your salary . ( I would have submitted paid hotel accommodation reservation ) So you work as a teacher at a local primary school earn 50k yet you are going abroad for a conference costing 250k plus.

2. You did not provide proof that your company had sponsored anyone prior to the same conference.

If you appeal - good luck

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by rickleye: 12:27am On Oct 14, 2023
dododawa1:
Everyone life depends on

UK or USA

No one remember

Heaven or Hell

Both are real.

But he is still on earth 🌍.

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Fraih(f): 12:37am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

Must my salary be equal to the amount they will be spending on the travel?
Seven times the salary...that was the red flag they saw
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by odikomo1(m): 12:46am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

Do you suggest i reapply immediately?

No, if I may cut in!.

1. Was it your first application to the UK or any other country?
2. Is the letter presented electronic printout from email or letterheaded and signed?.
3. Do your company send junior staff for training?
4. How long have you worked there?
5. Do you have record of previous training locally, sponsored by your company?
6. Is your intended return date stated and matched the end of training date?
7. Do you have the program flyer?
8. Does your bank account history flow or just lodgement for the trip and from who?

Don't reapply yet, you'll be denied again, let an experienced traveller in your company check what you have submitted previously and guide you. Dont display desperation, because when detected, it will get you banned without you knowing.

3 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by EBEk101(m): 12:48am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

There is and it was attached

Stating that the amount used for your training is more that what you will earn still doesn’t add up to why they denied you the visa.
An organization can spend a very hug sum to train it’s employees as far as they have something to benefit from training them
Some of this agencies can be so bias

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by MeineMutter: 12:48am On Oct 14, 2023
thatigboman:
you can't reapply immediately after rejection. Fresh application is after 6 months.
But you can appeal. Respond to their doubts with evidence.
They simply don't believe you. Your company spending more than 7 times your salary to train u in UK for 5 days.
Let your company respond. Those they have trained in similar manner abroad and why they are sponsoring you.
If you have landed property, u can attach the evidence. If u are married with children, attach the marriage certificate. They just want to be assured that u wount abscond when u get to UK.
And why did u apply for business visitor visa when u should have have applied for normal visitor visa. Business visitor visa is for the big boys.
Don't give up. Appeal. If you appeal, a judge will look through your documents and make a conclusion.
I had someone like that that was rejected study visa, we appealed and sent a friend to attend the hearing and speak on the guy's behalf, with additional information. Lo and behold, he was given. Have another that was rejected visitor visa, we appealed and she was given - that one has become a big girl there sef with valid papers.

You got it well.

Aside all said, nobody is vouching for OP that he will return, eg. his social club like Leo Club, Rotary Club, to pretend OP holds key position in the club), his landlord association ( to show that dem money dey with OP, 😁😁😁 as ak’ápò.

On a more serious note, OP should have signed a bond with his company that after the training, he would work for additional 5 years before he can leave the company. Then he will attach a copy of the bond to his application. It’s like a sign-on fee companies use these days.

He can show property documents too or proofs that he just got married or he just had babies. Or proof that he is a prince and heirs to his ancestral thrones.

He should sha show that he has home ties.

Not having travel history to greater countries in Europe is already a red flag for the visa officer. A travel to Turkey, at least in the past, would have helped.

4 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Nfora: 1:16am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

Nothing was cooked up bro. It is the way the business runs.

We provide services to big organisations such as banks, telcos, etc. Whenever, these companies are going abroad, the subject matter expert for that service will be part of the training too

Cooked up lies.

Your company should have good track records with embassies, if what you've written is correct.

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by omoadeleye(m): 1:44am On Oct 14, 2023
They don't trust you,
1. In terms of money
2. In terms of work
3. In terms of your return when your time lapse.

You only wanted to japa but you are not wise enough to comport yourself

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Desusi: 2:22am On Oct 14, 2023
If indeed your company is sponsoring you abroad, you don't need need to appear for interview for your visa.There are protocol section in a well establishment who would do that. Under your situation, l guess you just used the company as a cover-up.l have been sponsored by my company to UK and Netherlands without knowing their embassies.

3 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Ifebi82: 2:53am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

I am billed to attend a company sponsored training in the Uk by the end of the month but my VISA application was turned down for the reasons attached. How do I handle this and improve my chances in my future applications?
And you think you will travel out leave Nigeria after voting for Tinubu and APC.... OGA, you are going no where. Stop playing, no just try am again
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by jimcaddy(m): 3:06am On Oct 14, 2023
Hahahahahhaha where do you think you're going to. You want to leave us in this Tinubu's economy and run. God catch you. We kpai here oh. Shebi we all voted for Tinubu na, and we believe in him. So why are you running? Oga this regime will 'favour me and your family oh'
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Enemyofpeace: 3:11am On Oct 14, 2023
They know sey you wan japa and you no go return. Try again after some months
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by franugo(m): 3:29am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

The company (offering the training) is a global OEM with a market cap of 40 billion USD.

Consoler what? Who vetted this thing? Dear sirs? Oh God!

4 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by bigtt76(f): 4:39am On Oct 14, 2023
The Visa officer knows it is cheaper for the company to organise that training in Nigeria than for you to travel to the UK. The risk is too high for them to allow you into their country. Besides that the letter from the supposed trainer doesn't look genuine....school boy errors spotted. Techies don't use the term 'class' when it comes to software training ....they use bootcamp and other keywords to describe it cheesy

Did you attach your company's bank statement to show the inflow of transactions from her banks, telcos etc clients?

Saviourplease:

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by bigtt76(f): 4:39am On Oct 14, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy

franugo:

Consoler what? Who vetted this thing? Dear sirs? Oh God!
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by femmy2010(m): 4:47am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

What proof could I have provided?

Explore online options for what you plan to do in the UK for 5 days and tell your company to give you 7 times your monthly salary which would have added more to our nation's unfavorable balance of payment issue.

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Ilekokonit: 5:20am On Oct 14, 2023
Maybe your employer is grossly underpaying you.

If they are prepared to spend 7 times your monthly pay for a 5 day course, then they know your value to them but are not willing to pay you what you are worth to them.

You can use this fact to your advantage as they will most likely not want to lose your subject matter expertise and the value you give their clients as alluded to in one of your earlier comments.

I once read that career leap frogging is the best way to the top, so you also have that option to look for a much better pay that will be a multiple of what your current employer is paying you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Welcomme: 5:27am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

This letter is an oluwole letter. The grammatical blunders are just too much. This probably raised the red flag sef. Your agent did a poor job

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by AroOkigbo(m): 5:28am On Oct 14, 2023
MeineMutter:

You got it well.

Aside all said, nobody is vouching for OP that he will return, eg. his social club like Leo Club, Rotary Club, to pretend OP holds key position in the club), his landlord association ( to show that dem money dey with OP, 😁😁😁 as ak’ápò.

On a more serious note, OP should have signed a bond with his company that after the training, he would work for additional 5 years before he can leave the company. Then he will attach a copy of the bond to his application. It’s like a sign-on fee companies use these days.

He can show property documents too or proofs that he just got married or he just had babies. Or proof that he is a prince and heirs to his ancestral thrones.

He should sha show that he has home ties.

Not having travel history to greater countries in Europe is already a red flag for the visa officer. A travel to Turkey, at least in the past, would have helped.

Sign which bond?
Person wey go run, go run.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by SenecaTheYonger: 5:30am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

How much did this whole process cost?
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by remiopash: 5:51am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:
Hi House,

Tell your company to re-apply.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by VULCAN(m): 5:55am On Oct 14, 2023
The OP is lying.

This is an oluwole job.

I will never cease to be amazed that people will pay good money to someone that has never been to the UK to help them travel to the UK.

That letter was written by someone who went to a very low quality secondary school

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by bekks: 6:01am On Oct 14, 2023
Think about this: If u have a company, would you spend N10m to train one of your staff whom you pay N50k monthly? It isn't commensurate, so I guess not. That's the main reason you were denied. So, in your future application, you'll have to work on that.

2 Likes

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by descarado: 6:15am On Oct 14, 2023
Oluwale everywhere undecided
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by descarado: 6:17am On Oct 14, 2023
VULCAN:
The OP is lying.

This is an oluwole job.

I will never cease to be amazed that people will pay good money to someone that has never been to the UK to help them travel to the UK.

That letter was written by someone who went to a very low quality secondary school
Most of them are abroad through this means. Seems this one don dey cast. New format loading.

Tinubu grand children
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by Mindlog: 6:24am On Oct 14, 2023
EBEk101:

Stating that the amount used for your training is more that what you will earn still doesn’t add up to why they denied you the visa.
An organization can spend a very hug sum to train it’s employees as far as they have something to benefit from training them
Some of this agencies can be so bias

If OP is earning N150k monthly, what would motivate his employers to spend about N5m for his visa, a return flight ticket, hotel accomodation, per diem, local transportation and the training cost (the training is even IT related and can be done online)?

He was rightly denied the visa.

1 Like

Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by sulaak(m): 6:24am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

I added my savings na. About 5M.

I never go go common Benin Republic before

You have a month income of N400k and over 5 million, yet you want to Japa, who will fix Nigeria when the middle class are running away. I am pleased that the British rejected your application and you will now be forced to direct your attention to fixing Nigeria. Good Luck.
Re: My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong by descarado: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2023
Saviourplease:

There is no lies there.
Embassy workers full here.

You think they have no record of people who went for training and never returned using the same format?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Was Lagos In 1963. Everybody Get Sense. / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free / JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.