Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor (605 Views)

Degree Vs Experience: Which Do Employers Prefer? / As A Web Developer, Here Is The N1 Reason People Think They Can Underpay You / Why People Always Think Those That Make Use Of Laptop Are Into Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by tosinhtml: 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
I came across a Job post on Devcenter where someone applied for a Mid-level C# Backend Engineer & went through with the interview process. Only to show up for the virtual interview and the interviewer didn't show up, no updates, no emails, nothing.

He then sent an email to the HR to remind him of the Interview, no response too. After several days he want to where the job post was ,ade to complain & the response from the HR was disappointing to say the least.

Even to write proper english, HR cannot write using the word "AM". I am just tired of Nigerian HRs.

If I am the developer, this is already a RED FLAG for me & I won't be working for this type of company. God Forbid.

Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by Wujio: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
If you can see the character flaw in the HR, you should be able to see the rage and burning anger and red hot dissapointment in yourself. And the understanding of this will help you apply tact in working with people that are not like you, however yet purposefully working with them to get the desired results you seek. Oftentimes, being blind ti fault helps
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by tosinhtml: 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2023
Wujio:
If you can see the character flaw in the HR, you should be able to see the rage and burning anger and red hot dissapointment in yourself. And the understanding of this will help you apply tact in working with people that are not like you, however yet purposefully working with them to get the desired results you seek. Oftentimes, being blind ti fault helps

LMAO, the character flaw of an HR should be managed by the new recruit? Isn't that hypocritical? We should be blind to fault, lmao!

If an HR that represents the company already has character flaw, then that company is not worth working for because the same attitude will continue with the rest of the employees of that company. It is going to be a toxic company anyway, so the best thing is to Opt out of whole process and move on, not working to get any nonsense desired result from a useless HR.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by Wujio: 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
tosinhtml:

LMAO, the character flaw of an HR should be managed by the new recruit? Isn't that hypocritical? We should be blind to fault, lmao!

If an HR that represents the company already has character flaw, then that company is not worth working for because the same attitude will continue with the rest of the employees of that company. It is going to be a toxic company anyway, so the best thing is to Opt out of whole process and move on, not working to get any nonsense desired result from a useless HR.

Lol. You will get it later
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by tosinhtml: 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
Wujio:

Lol. You will get it later

You're obviously an HR with your response because I don't see how this make sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by SourYoghurt: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
tosinhtml:

You're obviously an HR with your response because I don't see how this make sense.
Aside: how can I join the group?
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by BlackhatMentor: 9:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
They're no jobs

They're giving you a Job and paying you

In every way you can think of they're doing you a favor rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by niel63(m): 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
They're no jobs

Na your kind dey pay dev 140k per month...una need person wey go tear una better slap. Rubbish.

If CTO fit dey fear to employ person because of yansh, then anything can happen. Just seeing you as a potential threat to his free knacks, you won't get the Job.

Shebi na 9ja.... no worry... you'll learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by tosinhtml: 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2023
SourYoghurt:
Aside: how can I join the group?

DM me your email & I'll send you an invite
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by tosinhtml: 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
They're no jobs

Are you not giving them your time, service & knowledge? If they can do the job themselves, they would have done it oga
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by BlackhatMentor: 12:40am On Oct 16, 2023
niel63:

Na your kind dey pay dev 140k per month...una need person wey go tear una better slap. Rubbish.

If CTO fit dey fear to employ person because of yansh, then anything can happen. Just seeing you as a potential threat to his free knacks, you won't get the Job.

Shebi na 9ja.... no worry... you'll learn.

Stop deviating from the main discuss.

Like it or not, your employer is doing you a favor by employing you that's why you respect them on the Job.

It's never the other way around.

If you feel giving people your time for money you're doing them a favor then start your own business

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by BlackhatMentor: 12:43am On Oct 16, 2023
tosinhtml:

Are you not giving them your time, service & knowledge? If they can do the job themselves, they would have done it oga

You just answered yourself.

They're paying you for your time

You're not working for free.

Also you're the one who applied for the Job without force indicating you indeed want to be at their disposal.

You're disposable.

They can chase you, your time and your knowledge away anytime and get someone better than you.

If you don't like the setup start your own business
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by BlackhatMentor: 12:45am On Oct 16, 2023
tosinhtml:

Gather 100 years experience then goto any top firm whose main focus aligns with your career path and then tell them you're doing them a favor giving them your time and knowledge so they shouldn't favor you and give you the opportunity to work with them let's see how long you'll remain unemployed.

I bet you've submitted more than 1M Cvs in your lifetime already sef 😁
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by Hideaki: 3:47am On Oct 16, 2023
I stopped working for nigerian employers long time ago

They're work abusive, they don't adhere to time , most of them are entitled brats.

Nowadays I hardly submit my resume to companies .
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by niel63(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Like it or not, your employer is doing you a favor by employing you that's why you respect them on the Job.

If you feel giving people your time for money you're doing them a favor then start your own business

In a sane clime, it's called an exchange of value NOT doing favour like you term it.
That's why our system is still trash... that's why an employee would hardly sue an employer because he/she is doing you a favour... some employers even go as far as sexually harassing employee and I am very sure most of you think you're doing them a favour also. Make una continue oo... miracle workers cheesy favour doers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by Wujio: 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Thank you for this statement.
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by BlackhatMentor: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
niel63:

In a sane clime, it's called an exchange of value NOT doing favour like you term it.
That's why our system is still trash... that's why an employee would hardly sue an employer because he/she is doing you a favour... some employers even go as far as sexually harassing employee and I am very sure most of you think you're doing them a favour also. Make una continue oo... miracle workers cheesy favour doers.

Nothing like in a sane clime Oga.

It is never the other way around.

Check companies like Google, Amazon, Netflix

People from Havard, or any Ivy league university will literally kill to work in those companies or even get an internship.

What are u even saying.

You can say your employers should treat you with respect because irrespective of the job positions we're all still human.

Saying you're doing them a favor is big Rubbish.

You're the one who begged them for the Job,

You're the one who went for all the interviews

You're the one who calls your employers Sir/Ma during work why they address you by your name

Every on earth employers and above and superior to employees

That's how it is, that's how it will always be
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by niel63(m): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Nothing like in a sane clime Oga.

It is never the other way around.

Check companies like Google, Amazon, Netflix

People from Havard, or any Ivy league university will literally kill to work in those companies or even get an internship.

What are u even saying.

You can say your employers should treat you with respect because irrespective of the job positions we're all still human.

Saying you're doing them a favor is big Rubbish.

You're the one who begged them for the Job,

You're the one who went for all the interviews

You're the one who calls your employers Sir/Ma during work why they address you by your name

Every on earth employers and above and superior to employees

That's how it is, that's how it will always be

To start with, I personally don't think I've ever begged anyone for a 9 - 5 job ooo! All my life, I've actually not worked a 9 - 5 job. So, basically this isn't for me.

But I am talking about how most Nigerian employers behave. Typically, same for most.
Una dey fine who go build AWS for una but pay them stipend for it and sometimes even owe them.
I am talking from the experience I've had with the so-called CEOs because me I no sabi lick anybody azz because of work. Guy na WORK ooo...

Stop calling Google or any of the big 5s (FAANG)
Even them sef get their own for body.
Why do you think they face terrible backlash when an employee leaks a data.

My brother, are you an employer? All I am asking is for you guys to do better.
We understand it's a Job but it doesn't mean you should treat your staffs like slaves and make them feel like you're doing them a FAVOUR.
You definitely made profit while these workers are working for you. So to maximise profit, you tend to push them to the extreme and slave them to your bids, whilst still maximising profit. And this is especially in Nigeria.
Talking about doing people favours... well, I understand you. The unethical character of bringing family to a position they dont deserve is definitely a favour but paying someone to do what they know how to do isn't a favour... it's an exchange of value.

Make we rest for this matter.
No one is doing anybody any favour. Na Nigeria spoil con make people no know anything again... because of hunger.
Make una no worry. I dey always talk am. If Nigeria works today, Big men no go reach 50 for 9ja, cos thing will be different. No more FAVOURS.
It's all gonna be by merit.

Talking about the big companies... do knkw how much they pay for vacation for their staffs? Only a few 9ja company does that... only a few.
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by BlackhatMentor: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
niel63:

To start with, I personally don't think I've ever begged anyone for a 9 - 5 job ooo! All my life, I've actually not worked a 9 - 5 job. So, basically this isn't for me.

But I am talking about how most Nigerian employers behave. Typically, same for most.
Una dey fine who go build AWS for una but pay them stipend for it and sometimes even owe them.
I am talking from the experience I've had with the so-called CEOs because me I no sabi lick anybody azz because of work. Guy na WORK ooo...

Stop calling Google or any of the big 5s (FAANG)
Even them sef get their own for body.
Why do you think they face terrible backlash when an employee leaks a data.

My brother, are you an employer? All I am asking is for you guys to do better.
We understand it's a Job but it doesn't mean you should treat your staffs like slaves and make them feel like you're doing them a FAVOUR.
You definitely made profit while these workers are working for you. So to maximise profit, you tend to push them to the extreme and slave them to your bids, whilst still maximising profit. And this is especially in Nigeria.
Talking about doing people favours... well, I understand you. The unethical character of bringing family to a position they dont deserve is definitely a favour but paying someone to do what they know how to do isn't a favour... it's an exchange of value.

Make we rest for this matter.
No one is doing anybody any favour. Na Nigeria spoil con make people no know anything again... because of hunger.
Make una no worry. I dey always talk am. If Nigeria works today, Big men no go reach 50 for 9ja, cos thing will be different. No more FAVOURS.
It's all gonna be by merit.

Talking about the big companies... do knkw how much they pay for vacation for their staffs? Only a few 9ja company does that... only a few.

Seems we're talking or arguing about different things.

One person here said he's doing his employer a favor by giving them his time.

I said No!

It's the other way around...The employers are the one doing you a favor by helping you maximize your skill, potential, paying you and helping you aquire experience which will help you in other aspects of life or your career.

Yes the employers take more of the gains and profits.

But if the business was to collapse they'd be the one to take all the losses too not the employees.

9-5fers are ok with this setup.

Those who aren't Ok with this setup and think they're slaving away are usually the ones who becomes the Employers anyway grin
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by niel63(m): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

I said No!

It's the other way around...The employers are the one doing you a favor by helping you maximize your skill, potential, paying you and helping you aquire experience which will help you in other aspects of life or your career.

But if the business was to collapse they'd be the one to take all the losses too not the employees.

Those who aren't Ok with this setup and think they're slaving away are usually the ones who becomes the Employers anyway grin

Bro, haba! grin

That's why we have the term "Contractors" "Indie Hackers"

While I agree with you on the other fact that the guy said he's doing them a favour. I still do not agree with you that most employers are as you described them.
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by tosinhtml: 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

I said No!

You're are definitely a block head with this response because they have already answered you that it is called An exchange of value NOT doing favour like you term it.

The employer is not doing me a favour & I am also not doing them a favour, they offer me money for the value I bring. Nobody is doing anybody favours here.

If the employer behaves like a slowpoke, you are free to resign as they aren't doing you a favour.
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by BlackhatMentor: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
tosinhtml:

You're are definitely a block head with this response because they have already answered you that it is called An exchange of value NOT doing favour like you term it.

The employer is not doing me a favour & I am also not doing them a favour, they offer me money for the value I bring. Nobody is doing anybody favours here.

If the employer behaves like a slowpoke, you are free to resign as they aren't doing you a favour.

Lol

Now ur calling me names lol.

Like it or not... As an employee you're disposable and the one who employs you is your boss which you must show work respect that's why there's hierarchy and different positions in the office

Keep living in denial and forming Mr favor giver when you're away from work.

But behave like a subservient dog in the office.

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by niel63(m): 10:59pm On Oct 16, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Lol

Like it or not... As an employee you're disposable and the one who employs you is your boss which you must show work respect that's why there's hierarchy and different positions in the office

Rubbish

No vex about the name calling bro. Chest am... na social media.
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by niel63(m): 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
tosinhtml:

I understand you're trying to make your point and I stand with you. But abeg no name calling or insults... we can all share our opinions without insulting ourselves... he has his right to his own view... just leave am.

Shebi na people vote Tinubu grin
Re: Nigerian Employers Always Think They Are Doing You A Favor by tosinhtml: 12:03am On Oct 17, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Lol

Rubbish

Mr Favour giver grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Body Fitness For Women / Java For Beginners Part 2 / Help With Weighted Round-robin” Scheduling System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.