Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand (23767 Views)

Applying for Phd or a Master's Degree In US, which way is best? / Air Peace 14-Hour Flight To China, Breaks Nigerian Aviation's Record / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Conner44: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Op of you stay your ancestors will never be happy with you angry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Nwaikpe: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Middleborn:

1Nzd is equal to 59 cents.

You are too short sighted
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by seguno2: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Middleborn:
I just got a job offer in New Zealand, I am to earn 30 New Zealand dollars per hour.

I have been pursuing a career in academics and I currently run a PhD program in a federal University. I am currently in the field gathering my data.

Should i move to New Zealand or should I turn down the job to complete my PhD? Or is there a way to continue and finish my PhD program via video conferencing since I just have to present my research work.
Please help me. Tell me what may work in this situation.

Looks like you followed the advice of the guy below on your other thread.

Richy4:

Have you tried Abroad?...U are really qualified honestly... By Abroad, I don't mean only US or UK... Just try different countries... Honestly, I like the combination of the course...
And only six applications submitted without response should not demoralize you..
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Mccullum: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Middleborn:
I just got a job offer in New Zealand, I am to earn 30 New Zealand dollars per hour.

I have been pursuing a career in academics and I currently run a PhD program in a federal University. I am currently in the field gathering my data.

Should i move to New Zealand or should I turn down the job to complete my PhD? Or is there a way to continue and finish my PhD program via video conferencing since I just have to present my research work.

Go and ask your instructor if you can complete your study via video class.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Hezmatosky: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
So you advanced to the level of phd, yet you can't make a common decision? Abi you wan use style laff us ba?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by seguno2: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Conner44:
Op of you stay your ancestors will never be happy with you angry

Especially in this Tinubu shege economy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Middleborn:

Dear Op,

How did you get the NZ gig? Is it through online? Is the company gonna sponsor you? If so, JAPA with immediate effect.

PHD can always be done anytime...Who PHD even epp?

Better still, relax and finish the PHD and simultaneously, give me the NZ job.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by cjudy(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Run to New Zealand. Don’t look back please
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by stevups(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Middleborn:

Part of the reason for asking is that I don't know this country that much other than it is really down the earth. I've dug up details about it. But is it a nice place to live in? I would appreciate real experiences from Nairalanders.

I have a friend there. The place is okay. The standard of living is one of the best in the world. Just that it's very cold.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by ekmike(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
How did you land the job and what field do you specialize in ? NZ is a country I'd like to migrate to
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by boomcity009(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Boss u badt ooo
Your post funny me die.

Think9ja:
Some people go just decide on a very good day to come nairaland come choke us with their achievements in the name of seeking advice.

If no be 1M job for naija, E go be visa or scholarship to Moon. E go come make you begin think like say na look you come this world come look.

E go better

God no go shame us

My advice is to join the Nigeria Army and work your posting to Sambisa.

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by oyebanji(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
How long more do you have to complete the Phd?
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by extremelygolden: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
Middleborn:

I don't know about your school, but Unilag runs most of such programmes virtually. Many students that japa while still running their programmes, Unilag made them continue virtually, and even defended their projects virtually also. That's why I love Unilag. There are very flexible in some of these matters.

Please confirm from your school. There must be a way they should help, so you can kill these two beautiful birds with just a stone.
Don't forgo either for the other. First confide in your Course Advisor, let him/her tell you what to do. And above all, pray for God's divine direction.

Congratulations. I wish you success in all of your life's endeavour.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by walozanga(m): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
Work for 8hr a day with that figure u are having 100k + in naira. That's nice money, use your head. PhD for 9ja na long thing
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Olajide200(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
Anything outside Nigeria is better. Think twice. Things are about to go down. The clown in Aso rock hasnt started yet. Dont be stuck in Nigeria. Your PhD wont matter
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by ogaontop(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
pyyxxaro:
Pls don’t go , I heard Hamas members are relocating there
Which kind talk be this nah??
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by haphizz57(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
You already knw d answer. Terminate d both of dem
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by cl0r0x: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
NZD/JPY tongue
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by sneak3(m): 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
Middleborn:

That's 2.4m monthly in naira terms..

However, so what's the living standard there??

If expenses won't overshadow major part of the money pls go to new Zealand.
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Alaga2222(m): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
Middleborn:

Part of the reason for asking is that I don't know this country that much other than it is really down the earth. I've dug up details about it. But is it a nice place to live in? I would appreciate real experiences from Nairalanders.

No point knowing more about the country bro…as long it’s called NEW everything will be new as long you get there.. leave this useless country bro
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by marenkurz: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
New Zealand is a fantastic country. The real question is does the new job a contract or permanent? If it is permanent go.
Talk to your supervisor, he might help you graduate.
I left my institution 2 years before graduation and eventually I received my PhD.
You should understand that PhD will not make you rich. Even if you get PhD, you still need money. A professor in Nigeria earn 400 USD. Be smart 🤓.
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Nuheights(m): 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
Follow your heart
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by nnamdi640: 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
In this modern world, you don't need to be present for you to become a PhD holder, everything can be done on vedio. It is just because majority of our lecturers are far away from the present and modern technology we have now. If am your supervisor I will just grant you the permit instantly but you must give me my own share when you get there because I want you to progress and you must carry me along.
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Regex: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
Stay and complete your PhD...Nigeria is on its path to get better.
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Babaalajo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
Oppression full this nairaland no be small 😒
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by midastouch: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
Transfer your credits from your current University to another at NZ.

Apply to another school in NZ and tell the professor that you will want to transfer your credits. Good luck.

Middleborn:

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by iamclime(m): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
How close are you to your Viva voce? Have you done your prefield?
Speak with your supervisor and Dean. It may be possible to finish the PhD even while you have relocated to the land of the Maori.
All the best!
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by pongwa(m): 3:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
kaycome:
I wonder how people come online to ask question about their personal life or what they should do with their future. You're the one who can decide on what you want in life not counselors from social media. What do you want in life? What is your vision, purpose of living etc? These are ways you make a well thought decision about your future. Not everyone will japa. Some will succeed here in Nigeria. So decide and and stop disturbing people who does know your gender, family, background, education, religion etc with all these kind of question. Very soon people will start asking whether they should brush their teeth before going to bed or not since they will do so the next morning. Funny folks Lol
stfu Mr know it all

1 Like

Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Coronavirus1: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
Do what is in your mind time wait for nobody
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by adecz: 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
The issue is, how is the cost of
living in NZ and what is the nature
of the job❓❓
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Iyanuoluwa007: 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
madampresident:
A Nigerian phD is almost weightless in the global world anyway. If you can't find a way to finish it from overseas, ditch it completely. You are better off with an overseas phD.

Also, NZD and Australia who are neighbors often offer full tuition scholarship for phD.

Hmmmn. Fact
Re: Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand by Boyjaco: 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
Japa as fast as you can brother

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

George Kourounis: Escapades Of Wild Weather Adventurer & Guiness World Record / Epic Throwback Of Marina Lagos In The 1960s / Renovated VIP Lounge At Kaduna Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.