Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport (43616 Views)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) / Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by BrickDevo: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
If it was in my area

I'm 2000% sure that driver of that truck would have been beaten to death by now.

You need to make example out of people

Only then these truck drivers will come to their senses..

Because these evil truck drivers endanger lives of many people daily on the road

And majority of them just don't give a Bleep

I saw one truck still driving after one of the tires got burst. They don't care about the lives of others on the road..

Then they carry faulty truck and enter bad road..
Wtf do you expect to happen?
Is the road bro, collateral damages from electing bad leaders
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2023
Yewandequeen:
An horrible way to die cry

A* A* A* horrible...

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by simfrost90210: 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2023
NaijaCoverBlog:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/10/40ft-container-crushes-abia-businessman-to-death-on-his-way-to-port-harcourt-airport-2.html

Oga Mr Bad News

You found out about your gift of discovering bad news early in life and pursued your talent.

Ọkakwara gi mma ooo

My sympathy runs deep for the loss of this man and may his family, friends and well wishers be warmly comforted.. Accept My Condolences!!!
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by adecz: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2023
MasterJayJay:

It is village people that are responsible for the bad road?

Na village people go make the
car to get stuck at that very spot to
wait for the truck to come offload on
top the car...
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by wingmanIII: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2023
doggedfighter:

And you allow him drag you this low were you have to celebrate an Igbo man died ? So you can be even.

We should stop playing with pigs it gets you dirty and robs you of your humanity.

I mean no disrespect.
Who pig wan play with if no be em fellow pig. ?

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
If it was in my area

I'm 2000% sure that driver of that truck would have been beaten to death by now.

You need to make example out of people

Only then these truck drivers will come to their senses..

Because these evil truck drivers endanger lives of many people daily on the road

And majority of them just don't give a Bleep

I saw one truck still driving after one of the tires got burst. They don't care about the lives of others on the road..

Then they carry faulty truck and enter bad road..
Wtf do you expect to happen?
stfu
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Angelfrost(m): 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
So sad...!

People who drive beside those articulated trucks Abi wetin Dem dey call them really get mind...! It's risky especially in very bad roads.

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by simfrost90210: 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
adecz:

Na village people go make the
car break down at that very spot to
wait for the truck to come offload on
top the car...

I can't say that's not true!
There's nothing that can't happen!
Almost everything good or bad is possible!

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by virginchaser(m): 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
onepointfive:
Omo.
RIP to the dead.

I can feel your pain but why pouring all the blames on truck driver alone? How about concerned authority that refuses to fix our roads. Fuel tanker fell on Benin Sapele road spilled content on the road eventually led to multiple deaths. Though caused by human activities.
How many times has politicians have been held responsible for deaths indirectly caused by their inactions?

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by flourish01(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
It's heartbreaking to see such a promising life cut short in such a devastating way. My thoughts are with his family. May they find the strength to cope with this immense loss.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by CJStarz: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
Evil projection from enemies.
God protect us.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by bonnyhope: 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2023
Bad roads and recklessness from all these trucks drivers
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by doggedfighter(f): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
wingmanIII:

Who pig wan play with if no be em fellow pig. ?

grin grin
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Piro18: 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2023
Law should be enacted that will force this trucks carrying containers to move at night
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by kingsways: 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
He had no business taking that route if Aba - Port Harcourt express, a federal road was motorable.

I blame Fashola because he was Minister for Works for 8 years but failed to do a road as important as Aba - Port Harcourt express
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Calitoscassius(m): 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2023
Dymaco:
Don't ride beside this big container truck, drivers will never hear. This truck can fall at anytime in a bad road. Rip to him
Exactly, they should drive way behind or infront of these lethal junks.

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by YeyeGbami: 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2023
doggedfighter:

And you allow him drag you this low were you have to celebrate an Igbo man died ? So you can be even.

We should stop playing with pigs it gets you dirty and robs you of your humanity.

I mean no disrespect.

I just had to call his attention to this post.
Nothing here to celebrate.

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Badb0y4lyf(m): 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
Japa they will say with that money they will do business and make money he died with is money because of bad road
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Calitoscassius(m): 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ignoramt people, they are blaming death instead of bad road, bad driver and bad governance.

Next week another accident similar will occur again and people will blame death again, i wonder who this guy called death is undecided maybe he should be arrested for murder.

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Toluwanise247(m): 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
Jesus!!!!!!!!!!! Haaaa
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Teeklef(m): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
NaijaCoverBlog:

Is Here And Ready To Supply Terrible BAD NEWS, that happened In Nigeria.
Haha

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by PepeXKermit: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nigeria happened to him. if that road was good, he would not have died. Atleast not like this.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by planetx: 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
Until we stop putting containers on flatbed and use the American style permanently attached trailers, this deaths will never stop.

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by egojeny1(f): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Chai, very sad. RIP
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by omoyeni37: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
So sad, may his soul REST IN PEACE
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by themanderon: 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

Where was he supposed to go? Look again. He had nowhere else to go.

^^^
He had no options. It is a single lane carriageway (or a total bastardization of one) so he had nowhere else to go. He didn't stand a chance, poor fellow.

^^^

undecided
You’re clearly just trolling in a stupidly callous way. . This is not the place or time for it.

There was no overtaking here. You cannot see the driver’s cabin of the trailer. That should tell you that traffic was moving in opposite directions.

Don’t mock this man’s death. Be careful, lest you fall.

^^^

The deceased had no options!!! Where was he supposed to go??!

It's a sad situation. I would rather abandon the car on that road than ride close to that thing. We are in serious trouble in this country.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Shinor(m): 7:31pm On Oct 16, 2023
NaijaCoverBlog:
Another Terrible News, Coming From Rivers.

Don't Forget, Bring This SAD NEWS

Thunder Fire your Blog

Your Blog is a demonic, Luciferan and Satanic blood sucking ensemble resident in the cruelest parts of Hades that glories in wickedness of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCover(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
Shinor:

Thunder Fire your Blog

Your Blog is a demonic, Luciferan and Satanic blood sucking ensemble resident in the cruelest parts of Hades that glories in wickedness of the highest order

He Don Break Nairaland forum rules

@ Nlfpmod Mynd44 Seun
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by EkelediliBuhari: 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
Wike refused to repair this portion of the road out of vengeance for the former chairman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Fujiyama: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
themanderon:

It's a sad situation. I would rather abandon the car on that road than ride close to that thing. We are in serious trouble in this country.

^^^
You may not even have time to react.

With bad roads like the one in this case, you could be in your lane inching forward with several vehicles ahead of you. The other lane with traffic heading in the opposite direction is also moving slowly...and suddenly, there is a trailer plus container beside you. If the container loses balance and you are fortunate that it tips over slowly, you may have enough time to escape through the passengers side of your car. Unfortunately, the more likely scenario is that the container will tip over quickly and in the panic and confusion, the average driver of the smaller car won't stand a chance.

I thought I knew how to drive until the day I was negotiating a sharp bend up a very steep hill in the early 2000s on a road trip through Ondo and Kogi states (en route to Abuja), only to see a huge trailer racing down the same hill at exactly the same time. I cannot put into words the cold fear that I felt that day - I literally froze on the steering wheel as I waited for the inevitable. Fortunately for me, that trailer driver took that bend like a professional and I lived to see another day. He was speeding very fast so if he had lost control and swerved out of his lane, I would have been crushed and ground to powder. All of this happened in less than five seconds.

That day humbled me and I haven't forgotten it. Its an awful thing to have your life in someone else's hands, hoping and praying he doesn't make a mistake.

RIP to the late Akuma. The government has his blood on its hands.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos BRT Buses May Withdraw Services Next Week / Uzodimma Lights Up Owerri/orlu Road / Beautiful Pictures Of Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.