Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,511 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? (1560 Views)

Married Ladies, Were U Financialy Independent B4 Getting Married? / See: Identical Twin Sisters Are Married To Identical Twin Brothers,live Together / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by femmy2010(m): 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2011
I feel that if a couple lives together before they get married, it shows how truly compatible they are and makes them understand more what they are getting into.
Lets here your views.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by Osama10(m): 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2011
no.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by bekay911(f): 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2011
Here is ma advise No need pinching d parcel u will open.
I dnt suipport dat, y shud a lady start cooking cleaning washing and bed warming for a guy dat havnt married het even if dey will get married in d future , i tink along d line dey will get tired of each other and d guy will not take her serious or he will be so hesitant to take er to d altar cos she is already doing d housewife job witout gettn paid or married.
Men lyk OSHOFREEeeeeeee
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by halfcurrent(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
There is really no "YES" or "NO" answer to this. What may work for Mr/Mrs "A" may not work for Mr/Mrs "B", however from personal experience o; my answer is capital YES. Get to know yourselves as much as possible before tying the nut. it helps.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by femmy2010(m): 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2011
Marriage is no play thing and i see nothing wrong in planning for it to work in the form of living together before marriage.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by iice(f): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2011
Whatever works for you, works for you.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by femmy2010(m): 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
iice:

Whatever works for you, works for you.

True
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
I'd say yes. There's nothing as bad as nasty surprises on your wedding night, and thereafter. Marriage is a big deal, and you need to know you can both physically live together. Dating is quite different from sharing a home, and knowing each other's habits, knowing what you can live with, what you'd like to change etc.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by ronkebp(f): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2011
I think , marraiges would be better, if couples are allowed to see what they are getting themselves into, but the 'sex' thing would be an issue, there is no way you can avoid sex in that situation.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by femmy2010(m): 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2011
Marriage involves living with a person constantly.It is important, therefore, to test out how this will work with a partner before making the decision to get married.
Marriage is not a joke oo.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by coogar: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
femmy2010:

I feel that if a couple lives together before they get married, it shows how truly compatible they are and makes them understand more what they are getting into.
Lets here your views.

of course, couples should stay together for few weeks before getting married.
after marriage, i wouldn't want to discover my partner is a locomotive train - with the way she snores.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2011
I Support couples living together before marriage
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by welovethee(m): 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2011
dayokanu:

I Support couples living together before marriage

If things should be done decently, couples living together before marriage should never be encouraged.
Just imaging that your daughter you love so much, who you provided the best of education for, left your
house with a man because he said he wants to marry her. Will you not murder that man?
Don't be mislead. It is indecent and not pleasing in the sight of God. [size=14pt]Don't even consider it.[/size]
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by femmy2010(m): 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
welovethee:

If things should be done decently, couples living together before marriage should never be encouraged.
Just imaging that your daughter you love so much, who you provided the best of education for, left your
house with a man because he said he wants to marry her. Will you not murder that man?
Don't be mislead. It is indecent and not pleasing in the sight of God. [size=14pt]Don't even consider it.[/size]

Divorce after just 1 year of marriage is not the best.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
Siena:

I'd say yes. There's nothing as bad as nasty surprises on your wedding night, and thereafter. Marriage is a big deal, and you need to know you can both physically live together. Dating is quite different from sharing a home, and knowing each other's habits, knowing what you can live with, what you'd like to change etc.

if this was the case then there should be less divorces as more and more couples are living together before marriage right?
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by femmy2010(m): 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
davidylan:

if this was the case then there should be less divorces as more and more couples are living together before marriage right?

Even more divorce would have manifested itself if they never lived together before marriage.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
^^^ Thanks bro.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by chuckdee4(m): 11:42am On Oct 27, 2011
Living together - NO
Spending a few days at his place - YES

Clearly the couple have to spend time together to know how compatible they can be when they start living together.
I believe they can spend weekends together or a few extra days but not moving in completely. These days spent together should give the couple an insight as to whether they can both co-exist under the same roof.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by blank(f): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2011
Spending time or living with the person u want to marry (test run?) does not guarantee anything. You still hear of couples that lived with each getting divorced after 1 yr of marriage. I don't know why but when that word "marriage" comes into play, the dynamics of each relationship changes.

No matter how long u live with someone before u marry, u can never know the person totally. He who will pretend will continue pretending.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by ShyOne(f): 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2011
please forgive me for derailing

iice are you still a moderator?

Please abeg there is a nasty, nasty man who has taken a photo of his self unclad with his ankles crossed - can you contact mukina2 to help us in romance section?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-788060.99999.html#bot
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by iice(f): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
Done smiley
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by ShyOne(f): 4:19pm On Oct 27, 2011
^^^^

thank you - I am NOW officially traumatized

kiss kiss
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by elega(f): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2011
@ coogar: i wouldn't want to discover
my partner is a locomotive train - with the
way she snores. if u luv her, that won't stop u from going ahead wit d marriage na.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by coogar: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2011
elega:

@ coogar: i wouldn't want to discover
my partner is a locomotive train - with the
way she snores. if u luv her, that won't stop u from going ahead wit d marriage na.

i am not capable of loving any woman to the extent of putting up with her snores for the rest of my life.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by MissIfe(f): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2011
blank:

Spending time or living with the person u want to marry (test run?) does not guarantee anything. You still hear of couples that lived with each getting divorced after 1 yr of marriage. I don't know why but when that word "marriage" comes into play, the dynamics of each relationship changes.

No matter how long u live with someone before u marry, u can never know the person totally. He who will pretend will continue pretending.

I kind of agree with that. Let's not forget that the first few yrs of living together, as a new couple "in love" are so great. Nothing compares to being married for over a decade, having kids at home and so on.

Also, I don't know why but some people's expectations change after marriage, cohabitation can't prevent that.
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by freecocoa(f): 8:13am On Oct 30, 2011
No
I don't support that,you could spend weekends with him or even a few weeks but living together is not right.
For the person talking about snoring,if she sleeps for a night at your place,is it not enough to detect the snoring habit?
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by donmexy1: 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2011
I used †☺ b against couples living together before marriage but after М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ ex moved in with M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ for ​α while,  diascovered that there was no way we could live togerther succesfully as husband n wife
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by coogar: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2011
freecocoa:

No
I don't support that,you could spend weekends with him or even a few weeks but living together is not right.
For the person talking about snoring,if she sleeps for a night at your place,is it not enough to detect the snoring habit?

a night is not enough to detect.
many nights would certainly tell me if the snoring was one-off or a habit!
Re: Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? by otokx(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2011
The BIBLE says NO and so does he.

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Weight Naturally !!!!! / Lets Save The Girl Child! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.