Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy (18293 Views)

Cocaine To Overtake Crude Oil As Colombia’s Main Export After $18.2b Revenue / Modi, Indian PM's Twitter Handle 'Briefly Compromised', Crypto Scam Link Deleted / China To Overtake US As World's Biggest Economy By 2028, Report Predicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by 4Play(m): 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
Can't see this lasting simply because Nigeria has lower GDP per capita, lower levels of economic development and faster population growth which should mean we are more likely to experience "catch up" growth.

South Africa is projected to briefly surpass Nigeria and Egypt as the largest economy on the continent next year, International Monetary Fund forecasts reveal.

The IMF's World Economic Outlook projects South Africa's gross domestic product to reach $401 billion in 2024, surpassing Nigeria's $395 billion and Egypt's $358 billion, all at current prices.

However, this shift is predicted to be temporary, as South Africa is expected to hold the top spot for just one year before trailing Nigeria once more. By 2026, South Africa is projected to fall to third place behind Egypt, as outlined in the report released last week.

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/markets/south-africa-to-overtake-nigeria-and-reclaim-its-position-as-africas-biggest-economy/0w4zjb9

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SeeWahala: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
Apart from population there is no other positive indices that Nigeria used to beat South Africa.

190 Likes 18 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by misreal(m): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2023
A large population that we cannot feed.
Nigeria's population is beginning to look like a curse

147 Likes 16 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:
Apart from population there is no other positive indices that Nigeria used to beat South Africa.

Stupid talk from a self hater. What useless indices you talk about. Is South Africa Canada now . Wonders shall never end. No country is better than Nigeria in Africa eve with useless leaders like that cursed Bat

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SeeWahala: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Stupid talk from a self hater. What useless indices you talk about. Is South Africa Canada now . Wonders shall never end. No country is better than Nigeria in Africa eve with useless leaders like that cursed Bat

See self deceit in action lol

Continue dreaming grin You will soon cross London Bridge tongue

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:

See self deceit in action lol

Continue dreaming grin You will soon cross London Bridge tongue

You are the one that doesn't travel. I have been to many African countries and I'm telling Naija is still better . These others just have one city to talk about and we have many.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
misreal:
A large population that we cannot feed.
Nigeria's population is beginning to look like a curse

You are the cursed one here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SeeWahala: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You are the one that doesn't travel. I have been to many African countries and I'm telling Naija is still better . These others just have one city to talk about and we have many.

Many run down, useless and undeveloped cities like borno, yewa, adamawa, iragbiji etc grin

Don't wake up e hia, keep dreaming

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
I really believe UK is stealing our oil from the back door...

The most dangerous most powerful man is a man that heals his wounds on his own...

That man has had more conversations with his mind than with other mere human...

We need to look inwardly within ourselves to solve our problems and create prosperity for ourselves.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by misreal(m): 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

You are the cursed one here
Omo English hard you?..why are you being paranoid??
Or maybe,you are just looking for a reason to exchange words with someone online..
I won't even go into a debate with you as to why I think Nigerian population is looking more like a curse,because you are simple paranoid..shift abeg

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by SeeWahala: 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
Johncables402:

Owerri is better than most cities in Nigeria and Africa.

I know. Its just that it's one city against many in South Africa.

Remember that south Africa is the topic of our discussion and not zombabwe or congo lipsrsealed

17 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Johncables402: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:

I know. Its just that it's one city against many in South Africa.

Remember that south Africa is the topic of our discussion and not zombabwe or congo lipsrsealed

Have you been to South Africa,because I have been and I'm telling you their cities are not better than us with their useless lives of walking around naked everywhere even airport .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by accordadoga25(f): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hehehehe

SA is the giant of Africa now

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by abhosts(m): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
LOL. Na which one be briefly? The journalist na Nastradamus wey see the future?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Kukutente23: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
APC took Nigeria's economy from over $500bn to about $390bn
Yet some Internet fools' problem is ipob and Obi
Wasted generation being used by the older generation to keep themselves in power

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Nwaikpe: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Pity
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by ronalmagic10(m): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
They will leave their useless God forsaken countries, come to Africa and be making stupid predictions, interfering with our affairs and trying to play God

Mumu analysis

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
4Play:
Can't see this lasting simply because Nigeria has lower GDP per capita, lower levels of economic development and faster population growth which should mean we are more likely to experience "catch up" growth.

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/markets/south-africa-to-overtake-nigeria-and-reclaim-its-position-as-africas-biggest-economy/0w4zjb9
Before now , we reach dem?
With MTN & DSTV there in Nigeria milking our people

Evilthoughts:

Inferiority complex will finish this one . Rubbish
U or I?
Una go jus come online dey Cap Nonsense, dey look face oo, Street go correct u!
As u see me so I dey ur Level xo? Dey play

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by 4tomandchi: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Why briefly make it permanent abeg.
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by iamtardey: 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dem dey learn cool
Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by shiwex: 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
BUHARI/APC really messed up our ecomomy.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
GOD BLESS AFRICA

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
APC has done it again.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy by Truths9ja: 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
The clueless certificates forger and drug baron Tinubu destroyed Nigeria economy no be small. Keep on supporting APC in power

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghana’s President Fires Communication Director Over Speech plagiarism / Russian Airline, Aeroflot, Cancels All Flights To Europe / US Plans To Station Nuclear Weapons In UK As Threat Of WW3 With Russia Increases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.