Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? (20723 Views)

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Easyincome24: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
It's good one plans his/her life early enough to avoid story that touches.

Some of our parents never believed that the country will become what it is today.

My father told me how cheap lands were in the country when he was in his 20's. He regretted not investing enough due to shouldering many responsibilities especially bringing his siblings and extended families to the city. He nurtured them till they became of age. When he realized what's up, time has exceeded him as we the children have needs too.

Now, I'm asking the following question: between owning a car or house, which would you advice someone in his 20's to acquire first?

Both can yield returns as long as they can be used in the proper way for investment.

Can we have more people comment on this to help many who are still in their 20's and able to fund any of the assets?

Note: Some young folks are doing legit work earning in $$$. I have some techy guys in their 20's as software developers, Blockchain DAOs, Freelancers, Content creators, YouTube influencers, Social Media Marketers, 3D animators, AI engineer, Bitcoin minning. They evolve around tech working remotely. So, not all of these guys in their 20's are yahoo yahoo, at least these ones I can guarantee.

We engaged in a discussion where they raised the above question about which is best between owning a car or house at their ages.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by AsomArchitectNG(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
Depends on whichever comes top on ur priority list.

Owning a house is is good if you can afford to build one

Buying a car is also good. Hope u aiint getting the car to start gallivanting town cos that's what most youths think car is solely meant for..

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by CoronaVirusPro: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
Owning a house is a long term investment and a liability for your age. Land is better.

Do you have needs for a car? If yes, hold lands and buy a car. Building is not worth it if you just starting up. You will end up caging your money.

You can use remainder to invest in good stocks. Google, Raytheon and Amazon

You could also hold rare coins.

At your age, it’s guaranteed you will smile in +15 years and will have more than enough to build if you choose.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Babangidapikin: 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2023
You buy a Car if it is an asset to your job ..since most of you work remotely, it is better to have a house ... I know tech guys who work remotely with fine cars they don't drive out in six months...

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by talented321: 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
House! Car is a liability and has expire date.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Easyincome24: 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
talented321:
House! Car is a liability and has expire date.
I disagree with your last statement.
Cars have expiry date, maybe you may let this make more sense.
I accept it could be a liability of not been used for business.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Easyincome24: 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Owning a house is a long term investment and a liability for your age. Land is better.

Do you have needs for a car? If yes, hold lands and buy a car. Building is not worth it if you just starting up. You will end up caging your money.

You can use remainder to invest in good stocks. Google, Raytheon and Amazon

You could also hold rare coins.

At your age, it’s guaranteed you will smile in +15 years and will have more than enough to build if you choose.

One can buy some completed apartment and lease it out. What about that too?
I understand the aspect of buying a landed property as well.

4 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by CoronaVirusPro: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:

One can buy some completed apartment and lease it out. What about that too?
I understand the aspect of buying a landed property as well.

How much will you buy a completed apartment?

Lets average at 40 million. How much rent and years will it take you to recover that cash and get into profit? Maintenance excluded.

You can make better investment and same time spread your risk with such amount.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by talented321: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Car expire with time unlike house. I don't have other explaination for u..
Easyincome24:

I disagree with your last statement.
Cars have expiry date, maybe you may let this make more sense.
I accept it could be a liability of not been used for business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Easyincome24: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

How much will you buy a completed apartment?

Lets average at 40 million. How much rent and years will it take you recover that cash and get into profit? Maintenance excluded.

You can make better investment and same time spread your risk with such amount.
What about outright sale off after acquiring?
If it's a tastefully built environment, that can go as high as N75M-N100M.

11 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by CoronaVirusPro: 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:

What about outright sale off after acquiring?
If it's a tastefully built environment, that can go as high as N75M-N100M.

If you carefully invest in a choice area that is guaranteed of appreciating, it might be worth it.

Now put into consideration devaluation of the Naira against the dollar, Do you think appreciation will be worth it when you plan to sell?

But if you calculate VERY well. You could get it right.

6 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Acidosis(m): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
Land, long-term investments like stocks, commercial papers, or bonds.

What do you want to do with a house in your 20s knowing very well that you would probably relocate 20 times within the next 10 years?

A remote worker without a family? What do you want to do with a car, sir?

There are certain things you don't do unless you are one of the most sought-after professionals. A certified doctor or surgeon can decide to blow his salary in his 20s and 30s and he still won't suffer in his old age. Try it in your 20s with your remote bitcoin mining job (or with any of these new generational jobs/industries) and watch adverse penury dine with you before age 35. Use your head oo.

With new generational jobs (tech, etc.), you have to secure your future before any instant gratification.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Mhizzard(m): 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
To me,owning a land and build house on it should be every man's priority in as much he is do in fine his lucrative business.car can never be your initial purpose,because how would you be living in a rent house and own a car,does really make a sense?no..having a house is like have peace of mind there be won't nothing like when this year end i will try my possible to pay upcoming rent fee before the present one get expire.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Easyincome24: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2023
Mhizzard:
To me,owning a land and build house on it should be every man's priority in as much he is do in fine his lucrative business.car can never be your initial purpose,because how would you be living in a rent house and own a car,does really make a sense?no..having a house is like have peace of mind there be won't nothing like when this year end i will try my possible to pay upcoming rent fee before the present one get expire.

Sounds wise. Someone up the thread kicked against this his reason being that one is still young. But he affirms investing on land at this tender age.

3 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Mhizzard(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:

Sounds wise. Someone up the thread kicked against this his reason being that one is still young. But he affirms investing on land at this tender age.
in some state,buying land and keep it for future purpose is a risk.the place i stay before,there,they are capable of selling a land to numerious people;therefore,there would be a serious fight the buyers.

15 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by world123: 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
Get a land, build a house with flats. Take one part, give the rest out for rent.

11 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by okirewaju(f): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2023
House

2 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Trustmea: 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kk
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Nwaokunkpara: 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
Buy verified lands

2 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by opera1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
House
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Sultty(m): 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
Easyincome24:
It's good one plans his/her life early enough to avoid story that touches.

Some of our parents never believed that the country will become what it is today.

My father told me how cheap lands were in the country when he was in his 20's. He regretted not investing enough due to shouldering many responsibilities especially bringing his siblings and extended families to the city. He nurtured them till they became of age. When he realized what's up, time has exceeded him as we the children have needs too.

Now, I'm asking the following question: between owning a car or house, which would you advice someone in his 20's to acquire first?

Both can yield returns as long as they can be used in the proper way for investment.

Can we have more people comment on this to help many who are still in their 20's and able to fund any of the assets?

Note: Some young folks are doing legit work earning in $$$. I have some techy guys in their 20's as software developers, Blockchain DAOs, Freelancers, Content creators, YouTube influencers, Social Media Marketers, 3D animators, AI engineer, Bitcoin minning. They evolve around tech working remotely. So, not all of these guys in their 20's are yahoo yahoo, at least these ones I can guarantee.

We engaged in a discussion where they raised the above question about which is best between owning a car or house at their ages.
both are good so why not do both since e sure for u
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by mejetov422: 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
Get car
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by VaginaAcademic: 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
Own both na

1 Like

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Nicoragoa(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
The obvious thing is house
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
Owning A Car or House?

It depends on your needs at the moment and why want to.

For investment purpose and to earn huge capital gains as a result of value appreciation, buy land instead in a secure location (Secure location) preferably you buy from reliable real estate companies.

And nothing stop you to go ahead and buy land then build house, in as much you have capacity to do that. It's a very good idea.

Buying Cars currently will likely drain you and makes you to spend more, looking at the cost of fueling at the moment, you will definitely spend more on Car and it depreciate in value over time.

But if you want the Car for business purposes is still okay but have it in mind that, Car business is high risk and very volatile.

But if the Car is for personal use unless you already have sound means of earning incomes. Car will make you to spend more at the moment, people who already have Cars currently do pack it at home to join public transports.

Even no hold up on Lagos road currently unlike we used to experienced. That's a very good signal

All the best.
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Timagex(m): 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2023
It depends on the perspective you are coming from.

1. If financial power is not a problem, house.
2. If financial power is a hassle, car.

The people who got Toyota corrolas and Camry's three to four years ago will be selling to make gains now. You get? So, in this perspective, car gets it.

But, landed property will always trump car anytime. My landlord is earning money from me via the house his father built many years ago. I can't say the name about the reigning Peugeot 504 car back then.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE IF EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.

3 Likes

Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? by ecomalchemistt(m): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
Business that generates daily Income.

From the proceeds of the business, you can make other investments such as channeling the funds into rental income properties (houses and shops).

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Characteristics Of A Wife Material By Reno Omokri / Adorable Reaction Of An Old Woman To Her Grandson’s New Car (Video ) / She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.