Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,171 members, 7,838,997 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do (301 Views)

Loan App Wanna Ruin My Life Pls Help / Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by joewychampion(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
I started gambling in 2012 But things turned out worst since i started playing virtual in bet9ja and since then my life has never been the same.
im a tech person and possess vast skills in computer hardware and software's.

I have fasted and prayed, i have been embarrassed, humiliated, sold my properties and yet i still cant quit, i have lost over 100 million on betting account since 2012 .
i recently lost my job last month as a result of my gambling addiction as i used money giving to me by my colleague for procurement to place a bet, she later found out but despite my pleas i was still sacked.
i currently hate myself so much right now that i just want to end my life.

everyone seems to have abandoned me, and i feel so hopeless and contemplating suicide as i speak i dont know how or were my next meal would come from and i have backloads of debts hanging on my neck.
please assist me
Re: Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by kestolove95(m): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
Borrow 2m come ma give you sure 2odds

1 Like

Re: Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by Mhizzard(m): 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2023
When a person lost a sum of 100M on a betting,can you imagine those people like him that would have lost same. Those site are nothing but a d£vil

1 Like

Re: Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by Omihanifa: 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Thank God the scales are beginning to fall of peoples eyes. First it was one guy that came out in the morning and said he's addicted to sleeping with prostitutes and gambling, and that he's looking for a way out.

Now another person don come out this evening seeking for a way out of gambling.
Re: Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by wittywriter: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
joewychampion:

I started gambling in 2012 But things turned out worst since i started playing virtual in bet9ja and since then my life has never been the same.
im a tech person and possess vast skills in computer hardware and software's.

I have fasted and prayed, i have been embarrassed, humiliated, sold my properties and yet i still cant quit, i have lost over 100 million on betting account since 2012 .
i recently lost my job last month as a result of my gambling addiction as i used money giving to me by my colleague for procurement to place a bet, she later found out but despite my pleas i was still sacked.
i currently hate myself so much rioght now that i just want to end my life.

everyone seems to have abandoned me, and i feel so hopeless and contemplating suicide as i speak i dont know how or were my next meal would come from and i have backloads of debts hanging on my neck.
please assist me
You are vast in tech yet you don't have an online passive income means...?

Your problem is beyond addiction it's a combination of greed plus irresponsible lifestyle.

Anyways this is my suggestion
First take your time and brainstorm on a target or financial goal.
Create your online presence to showcase your skills to attract gigs or a new employment.
Get help by seeking addiction therapy and also get educated on money management from a reliable consultant/DYOR.

I also engage in sport trading and earn side income from it so it's your approach that is wrong.

Wittyness.
Re: Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by guyboss: 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2023
I feel for you.

Gambling addiction is bad. Worse than crack addiction.

Gamblers beg for even water when they get old.

One of the worst ive come to know. This Gambling addiction.

Right now.
Before money, or food, or even water,

You sincerely need God. The sincerest n most genuine love from someone close whose aim is keep you not idle, rather spend every moment in productive activity.

The good thing is, overtime, you will acquire the most perfect willpower to say a firm NO to every uncalculated risk / gambling.

The bad thing is, the addiction doesnt go away. You just control over the impulses.

Get a bible. Get to God as soon as you can. Youll be fine.

I begun my journey to quitting Gambling 2018, stopped gambling 2020.

Ps: Started Gambling 2011. First Attempt. Two Tickets. Replayed by error, Twice.( 500 to win 62k) won 124k by "mistake".

1 Like

Re: Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by Radiant01(m): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2023
kestolove95:
Borrow 2m come ma give you sure 2odds
You are a very stupid person with no imagination..if you can't contribute positively to the topic,can't you keep shut.
Re: Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by joewychampion(m): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2023
tnx bro
Re: Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do by tyup(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2023
guyboss:
I feel for you.

Gambling addiction is bad. Worse than crack addiction.

Gamblers beg for even water when they get old.

One of the worst ive come to know. This Gambling addiction.

Right now.
Before money, or food, or even water,

You sincerely need God. The sincerest n most genuine love from someone close whose aim is keep you not idle, rather spend every moment in productive activity.

The good thing is, overtime, you will acquire the most perfect willpower to say a firm NO to every uncalculated risk / gambling.

The bad thing is, the addiction doesnt go away. You just control over the impulses.

Get a bible. Get to God as soon as you can. Youll be fine.

I begun my journey to quitting Gambling 2018, stopped gambling 2020.

Ps: Started Gambling 2011. First Attempt. Two Tickets. Replayed by error, Twice.( 500 to win 62k) won 124k by "mistake".

I wonder how people get addicted to it sha. If you keep losing, you no go stop and do something else?

I decided to stop last year, no be say I was loosing and loosing. infact, I had more wins than losses but just decided I was gonna stop after two back to back losses. I can't be addicted to loosing money abeg

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check On Someone Today! / Clean Deep Freezer For Sale / The Intangibles Of Parenting You Didn't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.