Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Storage Of Farm Produce: A Panacea To Food Security - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Storage Of Farm Produce: A Panacea To Food Security (157 Views)

I Tried Printing My Call-up Letter And Got This Error Invalid Storage / Please Help Me I Can’t Reprint My Callup Letter. It Says “invalid Storage Type” / Food Security Master Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Storage Of Farm Produce: A Panacea To Food Security by farmerNGO: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2023

There had always been yearly glut at harvest, of farm produce which after a while would become scarce as a result of consumption and heavy spoilage due to poor storage. The scope of storage planning would differ from a small scale farmer producing for own consumption and possible sale of the excess above family requirements to a commercial producer who would plan to store hundreds and in some cases thousands of tons of a particular produce.

The divine promise in the Word, reads “And ye shall eat old store and bring forth the old because of the new” (Leviticus 26: 10) meaning that people would eat food from old storage and also prepare storage for the future.
Proper yam storage therefore becomes expedient to avert hunger.

Further reading on appropriate storage techniques can be accessed through the link:
https://farmingbrief.org/storage-of-farm-produce/

Courtesy: Dolapo-Frank Farmers Organization (NGO)

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Effective Strategies Of Thriving In Affiliate Marketing Business / Are You A Corper Posted To Minna And You Are In Need Of An Apartment....call Me! / Learn To Trade & Make Daily Profits With Almost Zero Losses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.