Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,067 members, 7,849,321 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK (63534 Views)

Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) / JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by RosyIsBlessed: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2023
I just like their educational system dassol.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by IbeOkehie: 7:25am On Oct 23, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Big lie
Na you go unilag hospital as we too like cheap things

Check out this hospitals https://www.savealifehospital.com/ and compare it to hospitals you have been to in USA or uk šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Everything there is technology and computerized that My hospital šŸ„.

Sorry I can't trust any Nigerian hospital for myself or any member of my family. That's partly the reason I don't travel to Nigeria often, there's no good and reliable health system. I don't care what hospital it is, Nigeria is a cesspool of incompetence and corruption.

Enjoy your Nigeria, I'm OK where I'm at.

Thanks.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by IbeOkehie: 7:32am On Oct 23, 2023
Easyincome24:

Nigeria , Nigeria, Nigeria my dear country, you will one day be healed from this mess you are.
We still trust for a better day someday.

Nigeria is never getting better. Go back to these kind of Jakpa threads from 2003, 2007, 2011. Heck the hope of Nigeria getting better has been burning since the 1970's, 80's. Why do you think it will get better?

Let me give you a little secret- Nigerians love their country exactly the way it is! That's the truth. That's the point of this very thread we're on.

Well, keep hope alive. Some of us know better, we've moved on.

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by tundepy(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2023
Some Nigerians can be very funny, they can badmouth anything, some don criticize me say wetin I dey do for Kuwait, they expect me to be in uk , Canada or states.. Immediately they find out about Kuwait dinar, same people go start disturbing you on how to come Kuwait.. If you wan japa, please do, just have a purpose, don't let anyone deceive or discourage you, so 500kd salary plus ain't enough.. No tax, I transfer 300 to 400 kd monthly to 9ja,. Allow me to continue my slavery please.. Nigeria will be great, don't worry šŸ˜€

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Hideki(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2023
Lekan239:
just like expecting and igbo girl doing housegirl in lagos or a Ogbomoso guy pushing cart in lagos to work and build house in there respective villages.

The only people who can Carter for them self abroad and still send more moni home*niger* are either people who earn money illegally, people who owns successful biz there, people who are high income earners, and olosho them.

People who are cleaning yansh in the UK are very low income earners. Even the moni they earn is nor even enough to carter for there lifestyle there. Funny enough majority of Nigerians in the UK fall into this group
If this is what you think, you were being lied to.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Derring: 7:39am On Oct 23, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Big lie
Na you go unilag hospital as we too like cheap things

Check out this hospitals https://www.savealifehospital.com/ and compare it to hospitals you have been to in USA or uk šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Everything there is technology and computerized that My hospital šŸ„.
Lol
Una funny for this nigeria I swear!šŸ˜‚
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by IbeOkehie: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2023
Lekan239:
just like expecting and igbo girl doing housegirl in lagos or a Ogbomoso guy pushing cart in lagos to work and build house in there respective villages.

The only people who can Carter for them self abroad and still send more moni home*niger* are either people who earn money illegally, people who owns successful biz there, people who are high income earners, and olosho them.

People who are cleaning yansh in the UK are very low income earners. Even the moni they earn is nor even enough to carter for there lifestyle there. Funny enough majority of Nigerians in the UK fall into this group

This is my real name OK? I'm not hiding. When I was working illegally as a restaurant cook in the USA, I built a house for my family in Nigeria. It's nothing special, I know plenty of cooks, security guards and taxi drivers who have built houses in Nigeria. You guys keep saying Nigerians here don't have money, but diasporans send $10 to 25 billion dollars back to Nigeria every year. Why do you keep repeating an obvious lie?

I've realized many people living in Nigeria have no idea of the wide difference in earnings between Nigeria and the Anglo-West. When I see how Nigerian wax poetic at the prospect of earning ā‚¦1 million per month, I just laugh. That's LESS than $1000 today. Ridiculous, and you have the Anti-Jakpa Crew ranting about how they would rather have ā‚¦10 million in Nigeria than migrate to the UK or USA. That's how I know all those guys have NEVER been abroad. Just faking their talk, it's my failing that I even bothered with them.

Anyway believe whatever you want. Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Hideki(m): 8:00am On Oct 23, 2023
casualobserver:

The point is such doors are closed to you abroadā€¦full stop! And those positions will go to those who are probably not as smart as you because of the vacuum you created by being abroad. There is a limit to how far you can go abroad by just doing your job.

Nigeria is a member of WHO, Nigeria will nominate people andit wonā€™t be the Nigerian doctor in the Uk. Nigeria is a member of IMF, Nigeria has positions to fill, they wonā€™t be filled by Nigerian economists in the Uk. And so on. not all positions are DG, there are many Nigerians working for the IMF, WHO, World bank, UNICEF etc. there are many positions that countries are required to fill, Nigeria has its quota. Those positions will not go to the Nigerian abroad and your host country will. It put you forward against their indigenes.

I listened to the screening of the new EFCC boss and I thought to myself are you telling me this man was Nigeriaā€™s representative at bodies like interpol, sent by the Nigerian government to places like Harvard, our representative of world bodies like international money laundering committees etc amd the manā€™s English is one kind? Yes He is because people who are probably better qualified japad. There are Nigerian graduates who are policemen in the UK and the US. The UK or Us govt will never send them to Harvard or to represent the Uk or Us as their official representative on matters bordering of international money laundering etc. or elevate them or give them the sort of exposure Nigeria gave this man.
I have listened to both of your arguments but you seem to be missing the point, you assume that Nigeria is a merit based society, obviously it is not. Hence, you can be a smart ass and languish as a primary or secondary school teacher. Those abroad can go as far as merit can take them. Understandably, some positions by appointment you won't get while abroad, I have personally witnessed that but all the same, I wouldn't even be in the system if I stay in Nigeria. So what's the point you are trying to make? Nigeria only favours those whose Godfather is in the system, hence it is better you travel if you are smart and intelligent. I wrote several proposals to CBN, when I was working in Nigeria, I am not even sure someone opened those proposals....let me end it here

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Adolfnigeria: 8:05am On Oct 23, 2023
@Dennisbulkan

Ohh boi you daft sha. U come ignore the other points which shows you have zero depth of knowledge.

Your only problem is that you feel that 35K a year is not enough to survive.... U be daft person.

$100 a day to chop for UK. Ohh boi why u dey try deceive person. This is false. With 35K a year your monthly pay is 2900pounds a month.( after tax)

You are a bloody ignoramus.

Dennisbulkan:

Ā£35k/month or Ā£35k/year, which one?

If you meant Ā£35k/month, that's over Ā£400k/yr which is equivalent to a CEO average yearly salary. If you meant 35k/yr that's less than 3k/month salary, with that salary in UK, you would end up a homeless person on the street in no time. You don't know what you're talking about. You're one of those ignorant morons that pull figures out of their stench butthole.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by casualobserver: 8:12am On Oct 23, 2023
Hideki:
I have listened to both of your arguments but you seem to be missing the point, you assume that Nigeria is a merit based society, obviously it is not. Hence, you can be a smart ass and languish as a primary or secondary school teacher. Those abroad can go as far as merit can take them. Understandably, some positions by appointment you won't get while abroad, I have personally witnessed that but all the same, I wouldn't even be in the system if I stay in Nigeria. So what's the point you are trying to make? Nigeria only favours those whose Godfather is in the system, hence it is better you travel if you are smart and intelligent. I wrote several proposals to CBN, when I was working in Nigeria, I am not even sure someone opened those proposals....let me end it here

You are the one missing the point. Nigeria is not a merit based society and I agree. That is why your contemporaries abroad may get on the ladder before you but they will only ever be able to climb a few steps on the ladder before they get stuck. In Nigeria the whole of the ladder is available to you once you get on the ladder. It doesnā€™t mean you will be able to but the opportunity to climb all the steps of the ladder only exists for you in Nigeria. The opportunities to climb the rest of the ladder does not exist abroad full stop. So my point is donā€™t spend too long abroad, use the opportunities abroad to get on the ladder that Nigeria may not present to you and then come back in time to climb the rest of the ladder.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Hideki(m): 8:18am On Oct 23, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Only 0.5% of Nigerian adults earn over ā‚¦200K per month. That's statistical fact and I know it from real life interactions. If indeed you earn ā‚¦1 million per month, you're probably in the top 0.005%. I would only doubt your claim because you've chosen an anonymous handle. What are the odds that someone that rare would be on Nairaland? Every Nigeria resident on Nairaland claims to be a remote worker for USA companies, earning over $20K per month. grin

Good Luck to Nigerians.
well your statistics is right however a bit exaggerating. When I worked at AFC, I was earning over 1.7million per month as an analyst, that was a long time ago, there were other young Nigerians in more senior positions at the corporation. Nigerians work in McKinsey, Shell, Schlumberger, NNPC, BAT, Nestle ( depending on your grade) and they earn well over a million and they are on Nairaland. Infact I can give 5 monikers because I know them personally
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Hideki(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2023
Penboy:

Difference is, oil guys are paid in USD. So they stay abreast on inflation
Nigerian oils guys are paid in Nigerian Naira

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Mindlog: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2023
Lekan239:
children residential support worker AKA (Nanny)/househelp

someone down here in Nigeria will be reading ur post now and using it as a basis for his or her relocation. Thinking the job as a Nanny is readily available

Are you being paid by the Govt for being a Nanny, or you are being paid by the host family? A family paying two workers about Ā£4,352 per month means they earn far more than what they are paying you too monthly, and they might be just an averaged UK resident who are not that rich or wealthy. You working under them will be categories as what? (Poor) less privilege.

If you are working for the govt, you must be incharge of pretty lot of children, with a shift of 13hrs on the go, isn't that exhaustive.

Looking at your expenses allocation, don't you think you are living a boring life? Was there anytime you saw people living better than you are in the UK and you wished you where like them.

Working to jobs and can't even afford a car or live a normal life in the UK means you are definitely amongst the low income earners. You know how even in Nigeria, some jobs are left out for the togolese and Niger šŸ‡³šŸ‡Ŗ immigrants, because majority of Nigerians have outgrown the job.

It is way smarter not to show off ignorance.!

You don't even have a clue of what a children residential home is but you go on as if you do!

Where do you think many of the children taken away through the courts from their families because of abuse, are taken to?

For a looked after child living in care, the organization providing the care are paid a minimum of about Ā£60,000 per month for only one child!.

If that child by the judgement of the court and assessment of the social worker is decided is going to be a sole resident, then only that child will live in that 3 bedroom duplex with a car attached to the house 24/7 for taking the child to shopping, cinemas, doctor's appointment etc reason why if you are doing day shifts you are required to have a full UK driving license.

For that one child alone, there would be about 6 support workers, one team lead and one registered house manager (house managers come to work at the home from Monday to Friday, 9am -5p.m and are paid about Ā£4,000-Ā£6,000 per month depending on experience).

UK government pays for the continuous training of residential children support workers up to at least Level 5 Diploma in leadership and management in residential childcare, after which you become a registered house manager. Any children residential support worker who is dedicated to work and focused on the trainings can become a registered manager in 5 years.

Ask anyone you know living in the UK legally if it is difficult to afford a car. The lady I used as an example can easily buy a used car with what she saved in a month but if she wants new car, she can as long as her credit is good then every month she pays about Ā£250. Go outside a residential home and see nice cars workers pull up to work with, owning a car is not a big deal here.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Hideki(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

Ā£35k/month or Ā£35k/year, which one?

If you meant Ā£35k/month, that's over Ā£400k/yr which is equivalent to a CEO average yearly salary. If you meant 35k/yr that's less than 3k/month salary, with that salary in UK, you would end up a homeless person on the street in no time. You don't know what you're talking about. You're one of those ignorant morons that pull figures out of their stench butthole.
with 35k/year you won't end up a homeless person, that amount is higher than the average UK salary you can live comfortably in all parts of the UK except London
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by casualobserver: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Rubbish. Complete, utter balderdash.

The top 10 earning CEO's of quoted companies on the Nigerian Stock Exchange are all Europeans or Asians. Go check it, Thisday, Businessday and Nairametrics have the lists. By the way, the CEO of Dangote Cement or Dangote Group is paid $600K per year in TOTAL COMPENSATION, he's the highest paid CEO in Nigeria. I have multiple Nigerian friends and acquaintances here in the USA who earn more than that, just ordinary people.

Nigerians are 2nd class citizens in their own country. Go to any airport in Nigeria and you will IMMEDIATELY see that Europeans and Asians are given preference over Nigerians. Nigeria women love to date and marry European and Asian men, go to any nightclub in Owerri, PH or Lagos on the weekends and see them. Aside that, many Nigerian men & women PREFER to date and marry Nigerians residing abroad if they get the chance.

There are apartment complexes and restaurants in Nigeria with boldly displayed signs - NO BLACKS or AFRICANS ALLOWED or INDIANS or CHINESE only or something like that. In Nigeria, the Giant of Africa. A Whiteman can kill you in Nigeria and NOTHING will happen.

No individual can own land in Nigeria, I own land in the USA. In the USA my vote counts for something, in Nigeria it doesn't.

Las las as an Igbo man I have more rights and privileges in the USA than I do in Nigeria. Nigeria will not have an Igbo President in the next 100 years.

Nigerians in Nigeria are the 2nd class slaves, they just don't know it. Fish don't know what water is until it's boiling. Nigeria is heating up, you're all feeling it but trying to cover up by gaslighting diasporans. We're enjoying our life here, manage your own and leave us out of it.

Bye!

CEOs of Nigeriaā€™s top 10 companies

1 MTN. Karl Toriola. Nigerian
2. Dangote. Foreigner (previous it was a Nigerian Makoju)
3. BUA cement Yusuf Binji Nigerian
4.airtel Segun Ogunsanya. Nigerian
5. BUA foods. Ayo Abioye Nigerian
6. Nestle Nigeria. David Ifezuike. Nigerian
6. Zenith bank ebeneze Onyeagwu. Nigerian
8. Geregu PLC. Julius Owutuga. Nigerian
9. GT bank M Olusanya Nigerian
10 stanbic plc. Wole adeniyi. Nigerian

You have just exemplified the problem with a lot of Nigerians. you donā€™t engage your brains and just talk without facts and the. You start to reinforce and believe the lies you tell yourselves. Someone who has never seen an airport will come to Nairaland and claim he has land in the USā€¦.nonsense!!

Apart from CEOS, top management positions like directors, group heads, regional heads, area managers etc are all Nigerians. How many Nigerians abroad do you know who are directors, area managers, group heads etc etc?

The problem with Nigerians are Nigerians themselves. How many Nigerians abroad especially the UK have businesses? If they do they have Nigerian restaurants and barbershops. They are all employees and low level employees without status.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Mindlog: 8:50am On Oct 23, 2023
InfinityFabric:

But the money you end up with is still useless in UK.

How is it "more useless" than the money I would have ended up with if I am earning N50k monthly in Nigeria?
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by YoshihideSuga: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2023
casualobserver:

2). 99% of them will never be able to save $95,000 after 20 years. I can tell you for a fact that 90% of Nigerians in the UK donā€™t have Ā£20,000 in cash to their name. Most who have net worth have their net worth in their homes because they have been paying mortgage and built equity over time. People say your home is an assetā€¦is it? To get any money from the home you either sell it or you take a loan, so really it is just a psychological asset that in all probability you will never enjoy as it is your children that will inherit it. If you sell it you have to buy another home, or you go from homeowner to tenant. if you take a loan on it or remortgage, you have new debt o. So even Nigerians that have equity in their homes are stuck. 90% of Nigerians in the Uk cannot raise Ā£10,000 without a bank loan or credit card. The system gives with one hand and takes it all with the other.

What you describe is how wealth is stored across the Western world - in real estate. Or is it entirely a bad thing to store up wealth in property? Also, having Ā£20K in cash isn't sensible thing to do financially. Inflation eats up its value. How many financially sensible Nigerians have N1M in their accounts? Additionally, what most of us pay in cash, oyibos have outsourced it via insurance, which makes sense.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2023
3ice9ce:

Buckingham judge grin

He's an idiot. He can't even get reasonable jobs there due to his age. He's opening gates there and holding Motorola radios. This is someone who had 2 Police orderlies attached to him when he was in Naija.

Subhanallah
I can't imagine how he will feel.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by casualobserver: 9:15am On Oct 23, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

What you describe is how wealth is stored across the Western world - in real estate. Or is it entirely a bad thing to store up wealth in property? Also, having Ā£20K in cash isn't sensible thing to do financially. Inflation eats up its value. How many financially sensible Nigerians have N1M in their accounts? Additionally, what most of us pay in cash, oyibos have outsourced it via insurance, which makes sense.
Most of the people here talking have never been abroad talk less experienced living there. Those who have, only visited on holiday and holiday is different from being in the system. Just like Nigerians who come for Xmas have a different view of Nigeria from the Nigerian who lives in Nigeria. Many of the people wanting to japa are not foreign citizens. We who have foreign citizenship and didnā€™t have to go through the struggles of those without papers or citizenship ante telling you the realities. You are free to japa. What you see, you see. You wonā€™t say you were not warned.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by daneni1(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2023
wrongnumber:

Sometimes I wish I could just look away from the ignorant posts I see on nairaland from people who have no clue of how things are in the UK.

They just imagine anything that comes to their heads and spill it as though they have an idea.

Bro, if you have the right to work and live in the UK earning average salary of Ā£1700 after tax, you will still have at least Ā£400 in savings if you don't cross your boundaries.

Thank you. Even with a consistent savings of ā‚¬400 daily. It will take approximately 238 days to save 95k. Abeg, e no easy anywhere jare.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by YoshihideSuga: 9:30am On Oct 23, 2023
3ice9ce:

I have been going to the UK since when my Dad was in paid employment. Not even my money, paid for. No be all of us come from wretched background like you. A fool that travelled to the UK for the first time in 2017 no get talk where I dey.
I repeat, it is only those whose lives have no meaning in Nigeria that go to the UK. You asswipe, get the fok out of my mentions and go find an asz to clean.

You sound like someone from a well-to-do background. So, why criticise others who you have labelled as products of wretched background from uplifting themselves?

You see, this is one issue I've with most Nigerians: once they attain higher heights, they look for all means to prevent others from attaining the same heights.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by YoshihideSuga: 9:36am On Oct 23, 2023
Backpedal:

Spent some time abroad myself
Though not as a resident

Lemme flip your question back to you

How many Nigerians IN Nigeria ever become "somebody" in life?

How many Nigerians will EVER work in the few and far between corporate establishments IN Nigeria

How many Nigerians will EVER have 10 million to their name ?

So you see
And btw; I consider our societal obsession with "being a nobody" to be quite sickening

Good points made.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Lekan239(m): 9:38am On Oct 23, 2023
Mindlog:

It is way smarter not to show off ignorance.!

You don't even have a clue of what a children residential home is but you go on as if you do!

Where do you think many of the children taken away through the courts from their families because of abuse, are taken to?

For a looked after child living in care, the organization providing the care are paid a minimum of about Ā£60,000 per month for only one child!.

If that child by the judgement of the court and assessment of the social worker is decided is going to be a sole resident, then only that child will live in that 3 bedroom duplex with a car attached to the house 24/7 for taking the child to shopping, cinemas, doctor's appointment etc reason why if you are doing day shifts you are required to have a full UK driving license.

For that one child alone, there would be about 6 support workers, one team lead and one registered house manager (house managers come to work at the home from Monday to Friday, 9am -5p.m and are paid about Ā£4,000-Ā£6,000 per month depending on experience).

UK government pays for the continuous training of residential children support workers up to at least Level 5 Diploma in leadership and management in residential childcare, after which you become a registered house manager. Any children residential support worker who is dedicated to work and focused on the trainings can become a registered manager in 5 years.

Ask anyone you know living in the UK legally if it is difficult to afford a car. The lady I used as an example can easily buy a used car with what she saved in a month but if she wants new car, she can as long as her credit is good then every month she pays about Ā£250. Go outside a residential home and see nice cars workers pull up to work with, owning a car is not a big deal here.

nanny is nanny abeg. Owning a car is easy, but maintaining a car and other expenses that comes with it is the main issue. From that your car you will still pay taxes, pay the car bill and so many expenses.... in short wat u are saying is that there is job and we should all keep migrating to the Uk
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:42am On Oct 23, 2023
IbeOkehie:

UK is similar to USA. My cousin age 27 recently moved to the UK about 6 months ago, he's very happy and not complaining about his factory job.

I migrated to USA and started life working illegally as a fast food cook. You can check my comment record for my detailed accounts of my journey in the USA. I paid cash for my university education and built a house in Nigeria before I graduated university. As a fast food cook I lived better than bankers or doctors in Nigeria with 10 years experience. That's fact.

I really don't know where you guys get this notion that people abroad can't or don't save money. There's reliable published stats from IMF, Western Union etc detailing the billions of dollars in remittances sent to Nigeria by the diaspora. What other evidence do you need that Nigerians abroad save money from their earnings? We feed the people of Nigeria, build houses for them, send cars and put them through university and all we get in return is scorn rooted in jealousy.

Rubbish...Nigeria where an accident victim has to pay CASH before being treated in a hospital? Where is the care? But of course they will attend the funeral to eat rice & stew.

In Nigeria can you call police if an armed robber breaks into your home and expect a response? I told the story how my wife's car was stolen about 2 months ago. She called police, they mobilized and found her car the next day, luckily undamaged. It's unlikely to happen in Nigeria.

Community...we have a community here in the USA and it's even stronger in the UK because Nigerians have deeper roots there. See this one....invited to party? My family belongs to a Nigerian Church with over 300 members right here in Raleigh NC. There are hometown and tribal clubs like Egbe Omo Oduduwa and Igbo Union and Akwa Ibom Union, they have members. They socialize and look after each other.

I have American friends of every kind of background. In fact after my disastrous return from Nigeria, it was my American friends who helped me get on my feet. I lived with a Black American friend for 6 months without paying a dime in rent. When I went back to reapply for my job, I was afraid they wouldn't take me. I expressed that to my boss, a woman from the Phillipines. This is EXACTLY what she said to me, verbatim

"Ibe, you have friends here. Why would you think that we won't re-employ you?"

I was ashamed of myself that day. I remembered Nigeria where my relatives defrauded me of my money and property, employees stole from me, government officials were demanding bribe every left and right to let me do business.

So what on earth are you on about?

Nigerians are a special people. For real.

Good Luck to you all.
God bless u sir

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2023
haywhy80:

@3ice9ce, I hope you read this comment. Please, get your facts right always.

Bro, in what part of the UK do you stay?
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by YoshihideSuga: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2023
casualobserver:
your way, despite the fact that yeah, you will make money and practice your professionā€¦.but only to a certain level.

90% of where we get to in life is opportunity. As a Nigerian abroad, you simply reduce your opportunities to get to the very top of your profession. Again you will be professionally and financially comfortable but there is a ceiling. There are doors that project one to the very top that exist in Nigeria that are closed by virtue of the fact that you are abroad. As a doctor you will be comfortable but you very unlikely to be involved in decision making, policy formulation, lasting societal impact working abroad than if you came back to Nigeria because the opportunities will not likely be available to you abroad.

overtook in the early stages of your career, or who came back home in time achieving things that you now realize you wonā€™t be able to. At that stage it is not about money or comfort. That is my point.

Fair points. However, that could be solved by having businesses. I doubt UK based entrepreneurs feel the same way.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by oyoofong(m): 9:43am On Oct 23, 2023
I like the description of the RUN-GIRLS.It's funny !

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Lekan239(m): 9:45am On Oct 23, 2023
IbeOkehie:

This is my real name OK? I'm not hiding. When I was working illegally as a restaurant cook in the USA, I built a house for my family in Nigeria. It's nothing special, I know plenty of cooks, security guards and taxi drivers who have built houses in Nigeria. You guys keep saying Nigerians here don't have money, but diasporans send $10 to 25 billion dollars back to Nigeria every year. Why do you keep repeating an obvious lie?

I've realized many people living in Nigeria have no idea of the wide difference in earnings between Nigeria and the Anglo-West. When I see how Nigerian wax poetic at the prospect of earning ā‚¦1 million per month, I just laugh. That's LESS than $1000 today. Ridiculous, and you have the Anti-Jakpa Crew ranting about how they would rather have ā‚¦10 million in Nigeria than migrate to the UK or USA. That's how I know all those guys have NEVER been abroad. Just faking their talk, it's my failing that I even bothered with them.

Anyway believe whatever you want. Good Luck to Nigerians.

everybody have an idea of the wide earning difference for sure. What most people don't know is the more the earning, the more the expense overthere.

You built a house from the UK for your parent, oh that's great. But many people who reside in Nigeria are also doing the same..

Someone earning a million naira monthly in Nigeria will live far better socially, emotionally and financially here than someone earning equivalent of 5m naira ($5000) before tax in the UK.

The percentage of people earning 1m naira here might be very little, likewise percentage of Nigerians immigrants earning 5000$ and above monthly legally is minimal.

I have a friend that start up a business last two month in Nigeria with just 3m naira, luckily for him he has started making sales of averagely 2m naira monthly. Not everybody will be lucky here in Nigeria, also not all immigrants over there will be lucky too.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kachidubem: 9:47am On Oct 23, 2023
Gilgil:
For those working and earning 2M and above, it no longer makes sense.

Some people who were earning large in Naija 10-12 yrs ago, like the oil boys have seen their Naira earnings increase but the real value decreased geometrically.

Imagine if you were earning 1.65M per annum in 2011, that was $10,000, but today even if you got promoted 3 times and are now earning say 4M/year, that is now $ 3,333. You have essentially lost 70% of your earnings. Same is happening to pensions. By the time you retire, your pension contributions would be worthless.

Ok, if you were earning 700,000 a month in May 28th that was $1,000, but in 4 months that is $583.
Shut up your smelling mouth... earning 2 million naira monthly in Nigeria is far better if you live responsibly ...

God help you , make you get small flu or sickness for UK, you go know say medical bill alone fit swallow your savings.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kachidubem: 9:54am On Oct 23, 2023
IbeOkehie:

We feed the people of Nigeria, build houses for them, send cars and put them through university and all we get in return is scorn rooted in jealousy

Look at this very proud thing... sounding like they aren't people doing well in Nigeria.

For your info ... 80% of those remittance back to nigeria stats you see belongs to yahoo boys ... stop deceiving yourself

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Mindlog: 9:58am On Oct 23, 2023
Lekan239:
nanny is nanny abeg. Owning a car is easy, but maintaining a car and other expenses that comes with it is the main issue. From that your car you will still pay taxes, pay the car bill and so many expenses.... in short wat u are saying is that there is job and we should all keep migrating to the Uk

Ignorance showing off again.

Don't you fuel and maintain your car in Nigeria from your income?

There are no jobs in the UK, it is better to stay back in Nigeria at least you will be sure of your daily bread and a more comfortable life.

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kachidubem: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2023
All this migration talk .. sometimes is just nonsense... those who will succeed and do well in UK will do... Those who will also succeed in Nigeria will do... if you destined to

People go overseas and also come back empty handed... there are also people who left UK for Nigeria to become very successful and rich...them plenty eg Naira Marley, even davido self (he was born in Atlanta but Nigeria made him super rich)

If God say , it will be , it will be... period and Good luck to all of us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' / Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Jr Meet In Saudi Arabia (photos) / Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.