Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? (23239 Views)

Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. / Water Pumping Machine Voltage Issue / Where Can I Buy A Water Pumping Machine Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by tete7000(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Find out how often you pump water, and how long each pump lasts. You can then get someone to do the computation from you.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Bigii(m): 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2023
Same with me. Even 10k won't be enough
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Bluffly: 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
Fahvvy:
It depends on a lot of factors undecided...

Factors such as the power consumption of the water pump machine (that is the size of the pump machine), frequency of use per month (that is, how many times the water pump machine is used per month) etc undecided...

So one can't really tell for certainty undecided...

However, since all the flat have their own meter, why did they decide to use your own and then pay you? undecided...

Why can't they use the meter of one of the other tenant and then you pay them the 1k? undecided...
How many flats?
In my house, due to the perennial nature of electricity, 4k for 4 2 bedroom flat can go as long as 2 months. At times if Electricity is more regular even 1 month can finish it.
Our pump is 1.5hp. Also in our case we use float switch that on and off itself
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by baconline(m): 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
State the capacity in watts or horse power of the pump, number of times u pump in a week and the duration b4 the tanks get filled up. If u have the 3 info stated we can calculate the exact amount consumed in a month
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2023
Fahvvy:

Factors such as the power consumption of the water pump machine (that is the size of the pump machine), frequency of use per month (that is, how many times the water pump machine is used per month) etc undecided...

However, since all the flat have their own meter, why did they decide to use your own and then pay you? undecided...

Why can't they use the meter of one of the other tenant and then you pay them the 1k? undecided...
If they use the meter of one of the other tenants and he come here to lament this is the same thing you will say which will affect this particular one that is lamenting now.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Honestfrend: 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
PrimeWatermark:
Requires 1unit to pump a 2000L Geepee Tank to its fill, with a submersible pump (Ikeja Electric).

Size of submersible?
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by 99thEnemy(m): 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
Cruise777:
N60 per kilowatt

Average submersible pump 30 kilo watt energy

Price of electricity N100 per kilowat

Typing....
Do you really know what 30KW is at all? shocked

Chisos shocked

Even the Generator set in the picture below is only 5KVA (approximately 4KW because of form factor)

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by goldmatrix(m): 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2023
It's enough yes.. Except you are selling to the next compound.

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by dietsono(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
I stays in an apartment that has five 5flat , each flat occupied with 5 different tenants including myself. Before we uses direct electricity which we collectively pays monthly but recently got change to prepaid meter. With each fat with it own prepaid meter. The landlord refuse to bring another prepaid separately for the compound water Pumping Machine.
However the tenants come to dialogue and agreed to tap electricity from my own prepaid meter to the pumping machine in agreement that each tenant will be paying me 1000naira monthly. So I want to know if 5k can be enough to run pumping machine for a month?

Your case is quite similar to that of mine, 10 flats in my compound 5 flats upstairs then 5 flats down stairs, each flat with its own prepaid (10 meters) with extra (1) meter for pumping machine totalling (11) meters, we recharge 10k every 32 days.........now u i hope u understand.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by tony0806: 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
I stays in an apartment that has five 5flat , each flat occupied with 5 different tenants including myself. Before we uses direct electricity which we collectively pays monthly but recently got change to prepaid meter. With each fat with it own prepaid meter. The landlord refuse to bring another prepaid separately for the compound water Pumping Machine.
However the tenants come to dialogue and agreed to tap electricity from my own prepaid meter to the pumping machine in agreement that each tenant will be paying me 1000naira monthly. So I want to know if 5k can be enough to run pumping machine for a month?

Yes. It will be enough
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by GodHimself: 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
Rotate the pump connection for a few month. This should give an idea of the consumption and other wahala before locking it in to someone.

NotoriousBiggyS:
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by DaSailor: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
This is the closest to what I have in mind, mine is 9 flats and we do N750 every month and it's just about enough for 30 days and water is pumped twice a day with 1kwh @N63.
So depending on what you are charged per kWh by your DISCO, but based on my experience I think 5k might just be enough.

saasala:

I think I'm in the best position to advise you on this.

In my compound, we have a separate prepaid meter for our pumping machine. The machine is 1.5HP which is like the biggest for domestic use. I am in charge of recharging the meter. We are 5 flats and each flats contribute 2k at every recharge, that's 10k. We use 10k worth of unit for about 3 months, sometimes 4 months, pumping twice daily. So 5k worth of units is more than enough for you. You should have some extra left.

However, this depends on the Power Distribution company in your area. In my area, they give 21 units per 1,000 Naira. If yours is lower, then 5k might not be enough in a month.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by aliscomonaj: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
Dont agree. You guys should apply for a separate meter for the pumping machine.
NotoriousBiggyS:
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by aliscomonaj: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2023
They should get a separate meter for the machine.
This will prevent future problems
DaSailor:
This is the closest to what I have in mind, mine is 9 flats and we do N750 every month and it's just about enough for 30 days and water is pumped twice a day with 1kwh @N63.
So depending on what you are charged per kWh by your DISCO, but based on my experience I think 5k might just be enough.

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Allisgud: 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2023
Use ur pumping machine to pump water for sale,use the proceed to pay ur nepa bill
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Administration1: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2023
U used to stay in a compound of 6 flats each flat contributed 1k for water each month, at the end of the month, the meter still shows green. In one year we pay about 8k(8months) each flat and it will take us for the 12months of the year.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by gabbasin: 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
a pumping machine will use 1 unit to fill an empty tank of 2,000 litres. It will take a family of 5 not less than 5 days to use up the 2,000 litres, Ikeja electric charges 50 naira per unit. So each family will use 12,000 litres a month which pumping will take 6 units @ 50 naira per unit totalling 300 naira. So 5 families will consume 30 units a month which amounts to 1,500 naira per month. If no unnecessary water wastages and leaks, it's to your advantage. I am telling you this from practical personal experience
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by PrimeWatermark: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
Honestfrend:

Size of submersible?

Should be 1.5HP thereabout
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by PrimeWatermark: 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2023
HenryWilliams:

Height matters..

It's an overhead tank for a Storey Building.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by mosedgreat(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
Guy you just entered one chance with that discision. 5000 naira for one month water pump consumption will never be enough. i was in this same situation as yours. Bro. you will end up recharging from your personal pocket. Especially if there is constant power. 16,000 naira is ideal for one month. Share the 16k amongst 5 households and you will be safe.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Idaytesj29(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

You will regret this bitterly.
Let one of them volunteer his meter and not you.

I won't say more than this.

At OP follow this advice. This is your peace of mind, if you like don't take it
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Osgilliat(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
I will assume you are using one phase meter which is the small one, if this is the case I will suggest you take the pumping machine off your meter before the it spoil your meter which will be your problem and not the landlord. One phase meter taking pumping machine and your house electrical appliances at the same time is a future disaster for your meter unless if you want to be switching off your electrical appliances off before turning on the pumping machine.

There is a way an electrician can put the pumping machine directly on everyone’s meter. So you can rotate pumping every week.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by adioolayi(m): 7:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:

Do a central switch box for the Pumping Machine plug with 5 sockets...each sockets powered by wires from each meter.

So, each of you will be pumping per week..you rotate the pumping.

That's the only solution...else, na Wahala you wan enter so

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Mypeople2(m): 7:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
It depends on the usage .Ask yourself, how many times will you pump per day?Is your light constant ?How often do you empty the tank or finish the water in the tank?
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by javaguru: 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
grin
Fahvvy:

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Lightorder: 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2023
dominique:
I got this from a Whatsapp group, it contains a breakdown of the consumption of one unit. I believe it was gotten from IKEDC site though I've not checked to verify. It depends on the horsepower of the machine and how frequently you pump water a day. It takes around of one unit to pump water daily. One unit costs ₦49.50. Multiply that by 30, that's less than ₦1,500. it should be around 2,500 if it's a 2hp machine. Except you pump water at least 3 times a day, ₦5,000 is more than enough to pump water for a month
it is not true. For some reasons I wouldn't post the debit alert from my own phone. From 15th September to 17th October, I blew N19, 630 because i had the pumping machine on my meter. Within this period, my 55inch SUHD curve was in it's carton . I am allergic to cold , my not even my fans worked upto 35%of it's capacity. No heater , no electric cooker or boiling rings. I iron only on Saturday against Sunday
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by YeyeGbami: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:

Lol dey play o, they wan use ya head break coconut. Make una call electrician make he do socket from each flat meter . Make everybody dey pump am weekly. If your meter burn lasan, Ire o.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by YeyeGbami: 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
adioolayi:

Do a central switch box for the Pumping Machine plug with 5 sockets...each sockets powered by wires from each meter.

So, each of you will be pumping per week..you rotate the pumping.

That's the only solution...else, na Wahala you wan enter so

Naso we run am for my side, me i still con add switch to my own socket so i can permanently off my socket from inside my flat when it’s not my week.

Trust no baga, some people fit wan run me street when i no dey house. grin
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by tranxo(m): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:

I have a personal experience on this.

1.) Let all the tanks be empty.

2.) Turn off all electrical appliance in your flat.

3) Check your credit balance from your prepaid meter and jot it down.

4) Pump water to fill all the tanks and check the meter credit balance.

5) The difference in meter balance between before and after pumping is the amount of units needed to fill all the tanks once.

6) Multiply the units by the cost of 1unit to get the naira cost of one pumping.

7) Use the water in the tanks till the tanks are empty. This gives you an idea of how long one pumping will last.

8.) Once you have determined number 7, you guys can now decide how many times in the week you will be pumping water.

9) Number 8 result will tell you the amount needed to pump water in a week and in a month.

This method will ensure that whatever amount that you get, it will be more than enough for the pumping. I say this because after the experiment, going forward, you may not necessarily let the tanks go dry before pumping again,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Testimony1988(m): 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2023
It depends on how fast the unit runs and also the number of times you guys do pump, like in where am saying, there is extra meter for pumping, me and the tenants do recharge #2,000 and it will run for a month or more depending on the way they pump.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by StatisticianDr: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2023
dominique:
I got this from a Whatsapp group, it contains a breakdown of the consumption of one unit. I believe it was gotten from IKEDC site though I've not checked to verify. It depends on the horsepower of the machine and how frequently you pump water a day. It takes around of one unit to pump water daily. One unit costs ₦49.50. Multiply that by 30, that's less than ₦1,500. it should be around 2,500 if it's a 2hp machine. Except you pump water at least 3 times a day, ₦5,000 is more than enough to pump water for a month

You're right. I spend less than 10000 naira monthly to buy unit. I pump water at least 4 times in a week to 4 flats and sometimes we open the water for the public to fetch. I still use the unit for bulbs ,TV , freezed etc.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by ceejayluv(m): 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
My pump is rated ¾ HP, that's about 560 watts . We pump once a day for two hours. We consume less than 30KWH monthly. Using my band of 42 naira per unit, translates to circa 1600 Naira a month including VAT. Calculate according to your Pump capacity and daily usage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Flourish Apartments And Terraces Ochid Rd. A Beautiful Abode / Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.