Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? (23211 Views)

Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. / Water Pumping Machine Voltage Issue / Where Can I Buy A Water Pumping Machine Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by BALLOSKI: 6:39am On Oct 25, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
I stays in an apartment that has five 5flat , each flat occupied with 5 different tenants including myself. Before we uses direct electricity which we collectively pays monthly but recently got change to prepaid meter. With each fat with it own prepaid meter. The landlord refuse to bring another prepaid separately for the compound water Pumping Machine.
However the tenants come to dialogue and agreed to tap electricity from my own prepaid meter to the pumping machine in agreement that each tenant will be paying me 1000naira monthly. So I want to know if 5k can be enough to run pumping machine for a month?
It can pump it for more than a month. Average amperage of a pumping machine when clamped(using clampo-meter) is like 6-7 Amps. You don't pump water always and in less than 30 minutes, the tank is filled.

Depending on your tarrif or Band, you can have 80 Kwh on Band A and i'm not certain you can use 2kwh unit in one pumping and your house cannot pump water 40 times in a month.

We have 14 flats in our compound, we pump everyday, I don't think the last 5000 we recharged has run out - at least no one has asked me to pay since then. I even bought the last one when irecharge wouldn't allow us to buy due to upgrade issue.

You'll benefit more. The only issue is, you'll be responsible to always off the pump whenever someone sets it on even if you didn't on it because it's tied to your own meter. In our compound, those upstairs would on it and leave it running for those downstairs to go and turn it off; even if it's 2am in the morning. I hate their attitude, but I hate to see water wasting more.

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by ogundeleai(m): 6:43am On Oct 25, 2023
Cruise777:
N60 per kilowatt

Average submersible pump 30 kilo watt energy

Price of electricity N100 per kilowat

Typing....
Apparently you did not pass physics or ran away to commercial class in ss3.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Hadsty23(m): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
I stays in an apartment that has five 5flat , each flat occupied with 5 different tenants including myself. Before we uses direct electricity ?

Mathematically, make sure no water inside the tank. Take your meter reading before on and after fully pumped.

Note the unit consumed and deternine how many days u pumped and make used of a full tank.

Then determine how many unit is 5k if it will be enough or not

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by DaSailor: 7:41am On Oct 25, 2023
aliscomonaj:
They should get a separate meter for the machine.
This will prevent future problems

We currently have a separate meter for water, and that costs under 7k.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Nokio2: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2023
Problem 1 scenario
One month like dis SAPa will hold u..
U will now recharge 4k
Ur girlfriend will come and be watching bbnaija for 4days while using microwave to cook EBA and indomie..
Unit's will finish in 2week's no money to recharge no units to pump water..
Then u will no ur smiling neighbor wife na real winch!
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by FireUpNow(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2023
Reading......
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by FireUpNow(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2023
Pharaohny:

This is the best advice self
Thanks and you see co-tenants are very stubborn though not all
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by maxymalik: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2023
Five k per month is a very good deal. U can't use 1k in a month
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by swagifted(m): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
I turned it on 35 minutes ago and it has consumed 0.31 units... This is a one horse power machine anyway.... The total units consumed of 1.97 units is from 19th of October... I stay alone and i don't do laundry at home so my water consumption is a little bit low.

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by UncutSk(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2023
you're finished
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by imwaya(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
You can do the calculation yourself. A 1 HP pump consumes 0.760Kw/hr. It'll then depends on how long/hours you pump and price per Kw/hr.

1Kw depending on the band your area is on, least is around ₦58/Kw.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by esthel(f): 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
My house has a situation like this, everybody pump when you need water. I pump fill my all that needs to be filled and switch it off
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by xmasgift: 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
Here is what we did...everyone is connected to the pumping machine. Each person pumps within certain periods .e.g. 1st - 10th Jan - flat A. When it's at B''s turn 11th - 20th Jan, C's turn 21st - 30th the plug is removed from A's socket to B's and so on for each period. Since you are 5, It can be shared for 6days each.

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by johnpablo541(m): 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Everybody's case is not the same. 5k per month may not be enough if they pump water 3 to 4 times a day like my neighbor's house.

OP said they have just 5 flats in the compound, why will they now be pumping water 3 to 4 times daily, or do they have a fish pond?
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by CaptainFM1: 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2023
johnpablo541:

OP said they have just 5 flats in the compound, why will they now be pumping water 3 to 4 times daily, or do they have a fish pond?

They are even 4 flats here. I think they drink too much water here since food items are now expensive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? / The Flourish Apartments And Terraces Ochid Rd. A Beautiful Abode / Exquisite And Modern Italian Decorative plaster Designs for your Home and Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.