Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off (1945 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Professor Helped His Male Student Carry His Baby During Classes (photos) / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
I'm sure we have all been in the position of thinking if a close friend is helping situation or bringing more problems. I'm currently in university and every is feeling the heat from the current economy, I recently entered university as I came I couldn't buy gas cylinder and other equipment that would enable me to cook as it's cheaper than eating out, so sometimes ( about 4 times) I use gas from this friend, note we bought the gas together.
Sometimes we go to the market to buy some foodstuffs I average contribute about 30% of the amount spent. About 10 days ago his family member gave him 10k he used it to buy perfume , chain and other stuff worth almost 8k I was angry but didn't show it ( why not use it to buy more foodstuffs ) . Sometimes when I go out to eat he comes and meet me there and due to the fact of I don't like eating when a friend around me hasn't eaten I buy him food or we share the one I bought .

Now on Friday I went home bye my gas and foodstuffs because it saves money and since I came back he has been eating with me daily,this has taking a great stress on the foodstuffs I brought back because what my parents gave me wasn't ment for two people and I am to use it till December.
So please how would do I go about this , I don't know how to tell him to stop coming because I used his gas when I didn't have and he is close friend.And also what scares me is that he currently doesn't have any provision due to the fact that he spent it on perfume and does stuff I listed before which probably means he is going to keep coming for a while

Note - I only used his gas and the foodstuff 4 times mainly because I contribute less( 30%) and know am not entitled as much as a higher percentage , and I only go to his room when only I haven't eaten due to maybe my parents not sending the cash on time not every f**cking day undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by VawulentMan: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2023
That your vawulence go wake when he kpai your foodstuff finish

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2023
VawulentMan:

😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
Why not try buying a small kerosene stove or smaller gas camp gas, and wean yourself off using your friend's gas cylinder.
If you can afford a hotplate cooker,go for it.Then find a way,a subtle one to throw your friend off your pot of food.
Try cooking a big meal in the morning,eat some and fill your stomach,then leave the hostel early enough and hide away after lectures.
Then coming back for lunch, monitor the environment very well, before entering the room.
Eat quickly after undressing and disappear quickly to an unknown destination.
Only return when it's getting dark and once inside,lock the door.But before this, ensure you are no longer using his gas.
Do this for a while and you won't know when he stops coming for your food.
In this hard time,one must have to make a difficult decision to manage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 9:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
[quote author=Onyiiobi7735 post=126595067]Why not try buying a small kerosene stove or smaller gas camp gas, and wean yourself off using your friend's gas cylinder.
If you can afford a hotplate cooker,go for it.Then find a way,a subtle one to throw your friend off your pot of food.
Try cooking a big meal in the morning,eat some and fill your stomach,then leave the hostel early enough and hide away after lectures.
Then coming back for lunch, monitor the environment very well, before entering the room.
Eat quickly after undressing and disappear quickly to an unknown destination.
Only return when it's getting dark and once inside,lock the door.But before this, ensure you are no longer using his gas.
Do this for a while and you won't know when he stops coming for your food.
In this hard time,one must have to make a difficult decision to manage.[/quote)

I just bought my own gas on Saturday so I don't use his again, that's what I am thinking by dodging him can u believe this evening he was expecting me to boil rice so we would eat and he told someone that he is owing that I am going to pay for him

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2023
[quote author=AwokenVawulence post=126595517][/quote] That's wonderful.Just keep dodging him.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

That's wonderful.Just keep dodging him.
Can u believe he just came now and was asking for the rice i told him i didn't cook and gabe him 100 naira , it's really annoying because he would come tomorrow and start asking for food

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
AwokenVawulence:

Can u believe he just came now and was asking for the rice i told him i didn't cook and gabe him 100 naira , it's really annoying because he would come tomorrow and start asking for food
Lol!! What? He must be really crazy for that.Are you his cook or mother?
Simply tell him there's no food and you have no money at hand.
Heaven won't fall.
Goodness,I despise people like that your friend.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 9:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Lol!! What? He must be really crazy for that.Are you his cook or mother?
Simply tell him there's no food and you have no money at hand.
Heaven won't fall.
Goodness,I despise people like that your friend.

That's what i told him i no cook and gave him 100 naira,i can't keep this up . What is paining me is that he used the money for foodstuff to bye chain what the hell And i don't think they are sending him money anytime soon , si he would keep on coming like i am his mom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Zonefree(m): 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2023
AwokenVawulence:

That's what i told him i no cook and gave him 100 naira,i can't keep this up . What is paining me is that he used the money for foodstuff to bye chain what the hell And i don't think they are sending him money anytime soon , si he would keep on coming like i am his mom
Don't hoard food for your friend. Always share with him with the little you have. When there's no food, let him know there's no food.

There are more important things you should worry about as a man, not food.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
AwokenVawulence:

Wahala dey oo! But you must have to shake him off by all means possible.
Or else he will drain you.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Danielomisco(m): 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
VawulentMan:
haha u dey ment

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Starboytwo(m): 3:11am On Oct 25, 2023
Still share bro. He might come thru later later.

Do like 80/20 or something.

And try whine am use the chain go class one day, see wetin him go talk first.

Oti yee...

4 Likes

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Pennywise2: 4:46am On Oct 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:

people like that don't leave until the food is finished. Let the food finish then restock without telling him. That way when he shows up tell him u don't av to give him. Keep at it that way without opening the door till next yr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by vincenteger: 5:35am On Oct 25, 2023
Go and visit him every morning b4 lecture for straight 1 week
Make sure you use his perfume and he sees you using it anytime you come.
If he gets upset
Just sit back and enjoy the rest

You know what to do

4 Likes

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Blitzking: 5:50am On Oct 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:

That's what i told him i no cook and gave him 100 naira,i can't keep this up . What is paining me is that he used the money for foodstuff to bye chain what the hell And i don't think they are sending him money anytime soon , si he would kee p on coming like i am his mom
him eye neva clear..hunger go give am sense by force.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by seanwilliam(m): 7:06am On Oct 25, 2023
Zonefree:

Don't hoard food for your friend. Always share with him with the little you have. When there's no food, let him know there's no food.

Lol. Not when you’re being fed too.
@op, find means to get your own gas, tell him straight up that you can’t afford to keep feeding him, that your parents are not sending you money anytime soon.. I can see you don’t want to offend him, but you clearly can’t afford feeding him nah…
The Bible doesn’t tell you love your neigbor more than yourself… put yourself first , , if not, when better hunger knack u, u go get sense… make e go Dey chop him chain and perfume.

That being said, as a student, find a side husle to augment what your parent send to u..,

However, if you have the means and it’s comfortable for you , sharing your meals with him is not bad ..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by freddie009(m): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2023
I use to have people like this, they use all their money to buy clothes, then start eating at different coursemates houses.

In Nigeria, you should learn how to say "No" if not people will take advantage of you.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by freddie009(m): 7:34am On Oct 25, 2023
Zonefree:

As a student, that's most important thing at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by culeca: 7:43am On Oct 25, 2023
E bi things sha

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Dracula123: 7:51am On Oct 25, 2023
It's just food. Please don't deny a close friend food... friendship goes way beyond that
You can talk to him about priorities so he knows he's supposed to get food instead of other things next time
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by darealez(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
I'm sure we have all been in the position of thinking if a close friend is helping situation or bringing more problems. I'm currently in university and every is feeling the heat from the current economy, I recently entered university as I came I couldn't buy gas cylinder and other equipment that would enable me to cook as it's cheaper than eating out, so sometimes ( about 4 times) I use gas from this friend, note we bought the gas together.
Sometimes we go to the market to buy some foodstuffs I average contribute about 30% of the amount spent. About 10 days ago his family member gave him 10k he used it to buy perfume , chain and other stuff worth almost 8k I was angry but didn't show it ( why not use it to buy more foodstuffs ) . Sometimes when I go out to eat he comes and meet me there and due to the fact of I don't like eating when a friend around me hasn't eaten I buy him food or we share the one I bought .
Now on Friday I went home to get the gas and foodstuffs because it saves money and since I came back he has been eating with me daily,this has taking a great stress on the foodstuffs I brought back because what my parents gave me wasn't ment for two people and I am to use it till December.
So please how would do I go about this , I don't know how to tell him to stop coming because I used his gas when I didn't have and he is close friend.And also what scares me is that he currently doesn't have any provision due to the fact that he spent it on perfume and does stuff I listed before which probably means he is going to keep coming for a while

Note - I only used his gas and the foodstuff 4 times mainly because I contribute less( 30%) and know am not entitled as much as a higher percentage , and I only go to his room when only I haven't eaten due to maybe my parents not sending the cash on time not every f**cking day undecided

I've seen quite a number of people in this mix over time. Y'all just have communication issues. Ken, I'm gonna have to stop you from using my gas...so sorry bro, my family's in a tough time and I have to tailor myself.

You don't need to get angry or hurt. Just express yourself simply. Let him vex... apologize and apologize, but maintain you ground.

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by PaganTerrorist: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2023
Put sniper in his food and be far way from him as possible when it happens
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Trizyd(m): 8:20am On Oct 25, 2023
O boy, too much worries and stress on the food I wanna eat?? Tell him to bring his chain if he wanna eat.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Caleb15(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2023
First to do no dey pain, is like your friendship revolves around food.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Storypot: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2023
VawulentMan:

I Don laugh now enter Naira Marley room collect molly and heenessy poour for. Cup dey drink..

The boy mind no go touch grand

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by jackmrandy: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
Now on Friday I went home to get the gas and foodstuffs because it saves money and since I came back he has been eating with me daily,this has taking a great stress on the foodstuffs I brought back because what my parents gave me wasn't ment for two people and I am to use it till December.

you are a good friend. but try buy your gas ok... if that your friend get cash and he is not supporting with the cooking, na bad friend be that, cos he wil want to eat you dry without contributing anything. more so, if he does not have now, endure with him

and for your sanity sake, ensure you keep half of what you have now aside, so that once the main stuff is finished, let him know, then if he is ready to join hands, with that you willl know.

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by orohbirodeysmel: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2023
You never see anything, see as you dey write long epistle on top 2kg gas you and your friend contributed money to buy...your shame dey shame me...

She you follow put Tinubu for seat abi, soon na only garri una go dey drink everyday...

AwokenVawulence:

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Ogeblast(f): 11:03am On Oct 25, 2023
Zonefree:

this poster looks selfish to me, for the fact that u enjoyed his meal for once and he never complained, one good turn deserves another, one day your food go finish and he will still carry u just like he feels that u are carrying him along too,he sees u as his friend, u are a man u should point it out to your friend when u feel that he is wrong by being extravagant with his spending and stop bearing grudges like a woman, share with him when u have, and tell him point black when u don't have, food is nothing, for the fact he helped u once return the favour and stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Sharatan(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2023
Stop being stingy bro. A friend in need is a friend indeed. If he’s really your friend, help him.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 11:42am On Oct 25, 2023
Zonefree:

Bro I understand to your point he is a close friend and I should help him when I have the means but haba it is too much na everyday not once In a while , this morning I tried dodging him but he came and I had to share the food I was eating, he was even asking me when I would be back from lectured I told him by 3 he said no wahala that he would wait for me "so we go chop rice "
There was a time I didn't eat the whole day I came to his room to ask for food out of the cartoon of indomie we bought ( he contributed 80%), he said it has finished a whole cartoon he said the indomie was small size thats why it finished fast , I only used it once so I had to go and beg the people that sold akara to give me some on credit , when I came to pay they said he also bought something on credit and said I told them I would pay back for him also wtf . Even the Milo and milk he finished it when I asked so I had to drink garri .

Just as u said they are other things to think of other than good but the way things are going my foodstuffs would finish in two weeks and I would be stranded till December, some days before now I don't eat throughout the day and now I have the opportunity to finally relax my mind on food problems this problem came along , once it finishes and I go to him and he said he doesn't have anything too what then do I do undecided
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 11:45am On Oct 25, 2023
Sharatan:
Stop being stingy bro. A friend in need is a friend indeed. If he’s really your friend, help him.
He uses his money on chains and other non essential things ,like even now he is planning to buy earpods with the next money they would send to him

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Is Aaua Akungba And Futa Akure Hlds There Post Ume / I Need Cheap University In Uk / The Ibadanpoly Nd List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.