Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,031 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! (9270 Views)

Flee All Agents.... Your Encounter / Must We All Travel Abroad??? / Attention All Travel Agents & Scammers & Guillible Travel Enthusiasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2011
subscribing, smiley
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by jidewin(m): 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2011
I'm in.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by teenyyinka(f): 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2011
This is a very good suggestion though, but a lot of ticketing agent does not have IATA accreditation but they still operate the business legitimately. Like me i've been operating my agency for the past 6yrs without IATA license and i've never had any issue with any of my client till date.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
So JW and DG, what sort of decisions have been taken, with regards to the subject of this thread?
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
Siena:

So JW and DG, what sort of decisions have been taken, with regards to the subject of this thread?

I think going by the responses so far, many people supports the idea, waiting for reply from the authority before sticking the thread.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
justwise:

I think going by the responses so far, many people supports the idea, waiting for reply from the authority before sticking the thread.

Okay, hopefully, things will start happenning. This section is a minefield of con artists.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
Siena:

Okay, hopefully, things will start happenning. This section is a minefield of con artists.

Not far from the truth.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by DisGuy: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
I was thinking of changing the title to attract more agents/operators to put forward their ideas as they know what it easily verifiable

I still doubt anyone with the current system will scale through, most you get on here is some bonehead telling you to come and have a look at his passport to see where he's been to or how many big cars he own to prove how legit his offer is

Justwise lets good ahead with it, and we'll adjust as we go along
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 1:52am On Nov 01, 2011
Dis Guy:

I was thinking of changing the title to attract more agents/operators to put forward their ideas as they know what it easily verifiable

I still doubt anyone with the current system will scale through, most you get on here is some bonehead telling you to come and have a look at his passport to see where he's been to or how many big cars he own to prove how legit his offer is

Justwise lets good ahead with it, and we'll adjust as we go along

That is not bad idea, just to be fair to everybody, if there is no response from any of them then we go ahead with the plan.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by imperiouxx(m): 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2011
Good that there is now child board for Travel Ads. Any verified agent can be send there to do his/her business.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by bolame: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2011
@justwise i think this is a good idea but agents leaving there address and such meant not work out, we knw very well sum of them can just use a fake address etc and even tho if they have a verify home address and phone numbers office adrs they can still scam people cos i have an experience with a close relative who was scam of 600k in the name of visa and the agent was his neighbour that have been living in there enviros for 11 years!
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2011
bolame:

@justwise i think this is a good idea but agents leaving there address and such meant not work out, we knw very well sum of them can just use a fake address etc and even tho if they have a verify home address and phone numbers office adrs they can still scam people cos i have an experience with a close relative who was scam of 600k in the name of visa and the agent was his neighbour that have been living in there enviros for 11 years!

I do share your concern, its all comes to down individuals, the idea here is not for ''visa agents'' to come and advertise their businesses, this for things like ticket booking and other travel advices but like you pointed out, even people with tracable addresses can still defraud people.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by N101: 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2011
So far I've counted two potential travel agents - WAVixen and teenyyinka (and Collins when he has the time grin)

Any others?

1 Like

Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by chinboy(m): 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2011
the suggestion is a very good one and am subscribing to the process,but what about the agents who can not provide IATA certificate.because as for me i work presently in an IATA certified travel agent as a ticketing and reservation officer. and from there i operate my visa processing services independently,

but in addition to the criteria above,each agent should try and provide a list of countries he can offer assistance to.

and any one who have done any deal with the agent before should comment on the agent services.

am waiting to see the thread and the criteria listed.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2011
chinboy:

the suggestion is a very good one and am subscribing to the process,but what about the agents who can not provide IATA certificate.because as for me i work presently in an IATA certified travel agent as a ticketing and reservation officer. and from there i operate my visa processing services independently,

but in addition to the criteria above,each agent should try and provide a list of countries he can offer assistance to.

and any one who have done any deal with the agent before should comment on the agent services.

am waiting to see the thread and the criteria listed.

This is not about ''visa agents'' we can't endorse any visa agent.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Tolex4real: 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2011
Well you may be right, but some are trust worthy.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by chinboy(m): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
justwise:

This is not about ''visa agents'' we can't endorse any visa agent.
am not asking for any endorsement from anybody on nairaland, am only trying to make my own contribution to the thread.afterall most of this people parading on nairaland are more dubious than most of the agents.(from my experience with some ).

let the thread open, and we see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
chinboy:

am not asking for any endorsement from anybody on nairaland, am only trying to make my own contribution to the thread[b].afterall most of this people parading on nairaland are more dubious than most of the agents.(from my experience with some ).[/b]

let the thread open, and we see how it goes.

Who are those people?
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by chinboy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
justwise:

Who are those people?
i mean some of d members of nairaland forum are very dubious, and there are some dat are very good to do business with.just dat i can't cal names
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^ Like that Advet you got under your Yansh?? angry
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by chinboy(m): 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
bandiejay:

^^ Like that Advet you got under your Yansh?? angry
what do u mean ?
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2011
^^figure it out yourself
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
d
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by collinsfbi(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2011
you guys are given more power to these scammers, the fact still remain that even with all these information the bad eggs which are very many on this forum will still scam people, because you are not going to be there when the two parties will be transacting their business, so it is better not to ask anybody to bring any information for you to post them as confirm agent like Inspired did on Auto Section, please i am not trying to say it is a bad idea but Travel Section is far different from Auto section, you can buy a bad car with fault from a car dealer but if you are careful like checking the Car History and also getting a good Electrician with a Good Diagnosing Machine to check the car you will save yourself, but a travel agent is different they can go and collect photocopies of visa pages from people and claim that he his the one that got the visa for the person, they are so many things involves that i cannot start to explain so my suggestion is for anybody who want to travel and feel he has seen a traveling agent either via nl or other means should properly investigate and one thing i always do i will ask the agent to show me his own passport so i can see if he has traveling experience but most of all prayer.

I don't think you get it, it has nothing to do with visa, and any visa biz transaction on this basis is at the owner's peril. If I am right, it’s aimed to bring professional touches to travel section by partner with some honest professionals in the field of travel and tourism. Besides not all in the field of travel and tourism are scammers, the success of this section so far had been on the verge of individual experiences and by doing this; it will bring professionalism to travel section if accomplished as planned.

Gbammmmm over and out
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 01, 2011
Ok carry on with your plans but please try and confirm or even send someone anonymously to confirm the traveling agent before you post or confirm them here. at least it will separate the Good Eggs from the Bad ones.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by collinsfbi(m): 10:54am On Dec 01, 2011
Ok carry on with your plans but please try and confirm or even send someone anonymously to confirm the traveling agent before you post or confirm them here. at least it will separate the Good Eggs from the Bad ones.

Not really my plan but i am giving it 100% support and I am sure agents will be verified b4 bringing them to limelight. Thks for ur understanding.

Gbammmmm over and out
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2011
oyibomoses:

I understand your concern, the thread is not for 'visa agents' this is mainly for travel agents, ticketing, holiday booking etc. . . this is why we now have Travel Ads , 'visa agents' are not encouraged to start a thread or post in threads, it will be deleted as soon i set my eyes on it.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
justwise:

I understand your concern, the thread is not for 'visa agents' this is mainly for travel agents, ticketing, holiday booking etc. . . this is why we now have Travel Ads , 'visa agents' are not encouraged to start a thread or post in threads, it will be deleted as soon i set my eyes on it angry.

u should add that symbol to it , lol cheesy
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by benoitt(f): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2011
I beg to differ.You cant judge the effect of this idea until it is applied.Instead of giving the scammers more power,. it would rather reduce whatever hold they had on the gullible folks and they will realise some good folks got them watched.This campaign,  I think this is a welcome development.I am Travel consultant and I work with a duly registered Travel agency.If each agent is required to submit to some sort of verification, it will go a long way in sifting the chaff from the real thing.This will inturn enable us sell our tour packages in good faith. grin grin grin
oyibomoses:

you guys are given more power to these scammers, the fact still remain that even with all these information the bad eggs which are very many on this forum will still scam people, because you are not going to be there when the two parties will be transacting their business, so it is better not to ask anybody to bring any information for you to post them as confirm agent like Inspired did on Auto Section, please i am not trying to say it is a bad idea but Travel Section is far different from Auto section, you can buy a bad car with fault from a car dealer but if you are careful like checking the Car History and also getting a good Electrician with a Good Diagnosing Machine to check the car you will save yourself, but a travel agent is different they can go and collect photocopies of visa pages from people and claim that he his the one that got the visa for the person, they are so many things involves that i cannot start to explain so my suggestion is for anybody who want to travel and feel he has seen a traveling agent either via nl or other means should properly investigate and one thing i always do i will ask the agent to show me his own passport so i can see if he has traveling experience but most of all prayer.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2011
benoitt:

I beg to differ.You cant judge the effect of this idea until it is applied.Instead of giving the scammers more power,. it would rather reduce whatever hold they had on the gullible folks and they will realise some good folks got them watched.This campaign,  I think this is a welcome development.I am Travel consultant and I work with a duly registered Travel agency.If each agent is required to submit to some sort of verification, it will go a long way in sifting the chaff from the real thing.This will inturn enable us sell our tour packages in good faith. grin grin grin

As long as you are not ''visa agent'' then good.
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by benoitt(f): 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
justwise:

As long as you are not ''visa agent'' then good.

Like I said previously, I am a travel Consultant.It cant get any clearer than that!!!!!!
Re: All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! by justwise(m): 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
benoitt:

Like I said previously, I am a travel Consultant.It cant get any clearer than that!!!!!!

That means nothing to me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIB Report To Address Controversy Over Max Air ‘serious Incident’ / Network Glitch At MMA Disrupt Passengers' Travel Plans (photos) / Abuja: A World Class City! A Hope For Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.