Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed (65478 Views)

My Japa Plan For This Year Is Shaking / Advise A Tech Bro On His Japa Plan / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by DECLAN2015(m): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money 😔 even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Nigeria is a very weird place, the dollar market is so unpredictable.
I am still thinking of it sha

So you actually pray that dollar should increase so you can gain ftom it.
Most of us benefit from chaos then turn around to blame govmt

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Allisgud: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money 😔 even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

u are one of Nigeria problem,u want dollar to increase because u want to invest in it,but na u go dey cry of high cost of things in the market

2 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by BigDawsNet: 6:45am On Oct 27, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Which course do you think is ok for someone that doesn't have a computer science or tech based degree?

I can't keep watching my PC(it has VRAM/dedicated graphics) to waste, I am fucking tayad and blaming myself why I bought it but I still believe it will be a very important instrument to me as time goes on.

I will be glad if you can suggest a viable one for me.

Google "Product design"
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Adegokenath(m): 6:50am On Oct 27, 2023
My brother keep on praying when your time come you will travel abroad. My friend travel out to USA this year with just 1.5m pray for favour, grace and connection shalom

2 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by sotall(m): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2023
DECLAN2015:

So you actually pray that dollar should increase so you can gain ftom it.
Most of us benefit from chaos then turn around to blame govmt

Not really! Everyone knows Nigeria is irredeemable and only the politicians bebefits from this failed country.

Nigerians have been patriotic for too long and been believing the country will be better.

But what did they get over the years?
Bad government!

It is now akin to foolishness to believe in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Op, don't listen to this guy, I was told by a bank guy who is very familiar with FX market that this is a very bad time to do this because it's now unpredictable and risky unlike before.

I'm sure you can't read
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Dougad: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

These are the resident demons on nairaland, we normally warn people about

That guy is a fûckin idiot only say he dey lowkey. Since last month na I notice the lunatic and nothing sensible has come out from tne account.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2023
remzytimer:

Everyone buying dolar to save, run domiciliary account, investing in dolar is killing naira and therefore. You are part of Nigeria Economy downfall You maybe thinking you are making profit but at the long run you are a looser and you will pay for it

Every country has stockpile.of other country's currencies
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by dondavinchi(m): 6:54am On Oct 27, 2023
Naira will surely depreciate by December dollar go fall scata with d plans on ground it will be inevitable for vd dollar not to depreciate
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by DestinyNigga: 6:55am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you

U bleeped up seriously. Why not use that 2 million and buy usdt on binance and keep it there. By now u will be swimming on profit.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by katniss(f): 7:01am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

While you’re “thinking” of it, dollar will keep increasing
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Theunbothered: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2023
Wujio:

I dont need it

Who cares what you need?

I said the same foolish thing you said once, don't japa just take 250k and start a business, now that 250k is worth 2 million if you want to start today.

Eventually you will learn people who don't bash Nigeria for fun.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 7:04am On Oct 27, 2023
Theunbothered:

Who cares what you need?

I said the same foolish thing you said once, don't japa just take 250k and start a business, now that 250k is worth 2 million if you want to start today.

Eventually you will learn people who don't bash Nigeria for fun.

What is this one saying. Businesses started a while back has also grown and didnt maintain its inherent value.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Katier00(f): 7:05am On Oct 27, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Invest some in forex trading and earn in dollars. I can trade for you and we share the profit 60% 40% monthly
na them o
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by OOLUSEG(m): 7:06am On Oct 27, 2023
penitential:
The best business you can do, is to buy the dollar and keep it.

XXXXX WICKED CITIZEN XXXXX
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Theunbothered: 7:07am On Oct 27, 2023
Wujio:

What is this one saying. Businesses started a while back has also grown and didnt maintain its inherent value.

And the naira you are spending won't gain the same value.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2023
Theunbothered:

And the naira you are spending won't gain the same value.

I have businessess. I am speaking from personal experience. It is worth it. Take your decision and let others stand by theirs
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Purvan(m): 7:11am On Oct 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Russian citizenship is worthless.

I'd like to know what you've been sniffing
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Olatara(f): 7:12am On Oct 27, 2023
Purvan:
Use that money spend on yourself

Upgrade your wardrobe and use it to look fine

After doing this, what next?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by saasala(m): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Is it not too late for you to buy dollars now?

No, it's not. Nigeria is has not put any plan in place to stop the hike. It's definitely still going up. 300 Naira more with my 8m and I will be having about extra 2m
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Woodshot: 7:14am On Oct 27, 2023
Theunbothered:

In 4 - 8 years I'll come back to this

It's Long sef... Just come in one year and six months...the country is on downhill
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by sdavirus: 7:17am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

This makes me laugh because I read news a lot and I see that there is a lot of cartels in Mexico and the county is worst than even Nigeria in tends of laws, the police are in the pocket of criminals.

Last month I even saw some tourist been kidnap in daylight, so to even think about traveling to Mexico, I rather just dash the money away

You don't know anything about Mexico clearly. My wife is Mexican.

If Mexico is so bad, your A-list American celebrities won't be trooping to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, etc.

Last year, it was about 22pesos to a dollar, now it's 17 pesos to a dollar and expats in Mexico keep on lamenting. What's the value of your currency again?

Go check out the number of Americans running to Mexico to live and work.

Talk with people that live there or have been there. Not the news.

Mexico is light years ahead of Nigeria

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Enemiesmasquera: 7:19am On Oct 27, 2023
Wujio:

I am investing a 3 M in Nigeria presently. Leave them alone they will never listen. They only see and think evil about Nigeria
You're brainless and stvpid for saying that.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by BIZNess123(m): 7:20am On Oct 27, 2023
Use 300k from that money to buy BTC or better still learn a tech skills don't buy dollar oo nor say I no tell you..

2odd is not bad though

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Squirrel1(m): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

Thanks Sis
this is the best advice. Take it
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

See I have to be scared o, I am very independent and I hate relying on people, at then the dollar idea was 50/50 and wasn't guaranteed, yes I made a mistake but that is life.

I will invest half the money on dollar and hope everything will work out this time

Invest on dollar when its already as high as 1200 to a dollar
If it will go higher i dont think it should go beyond 1300,and our prayer is for it to go down soon
Someday,very soon our prayers will be answered and it will crash

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by harbarzzy(m): 7:25am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you
you too buy dollar nah
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Purvan(m): 7:32am On Oct 27, 2023
Olatara:
After doing this, what next?

You go on LinkedIn and poach the big C's

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by KingAzubuike(f): 7:33am On Oct 27, 2023
imbless:

Bro believe me, if you have 5m you will know that it's nothing, especially when you want to make investments but high USD go become a constraint, which better biz 5m fit buy?
That guy na small pikin. 5m can't even do you any confirm business. Except you wan open shop dey sell petty market. 5m is nothing. Na just shayo and faaji money. Na when you get am you go know.

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by 8stargeneral: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2023
Famous25:

Do you know the influx of ppl that Keep on entering the country? (USA, Canada, Australia and UK) everyday different men and women of the Nigerian society are waiting stranded,jus to acquire the UK scholarship visa which has started being like impossible to get.

There are other countries you can assess which are welcoming and where cost of living is better, housing is affordable and where their currency is balanced.
which country is that

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by micxwell(m): 7:39am On Oct 27, 2023
Johnrake69:

When you have the 5M you will think differently
Exactly my submission 🤣
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by shevchenko(m): 7:45am On Oct 27, 2023
Athena6:

Thank you

Nigeria finally happened to you hallelujah

To vote you no vote
To protest you no protest

Good for you

May you and your family never travel outside nigeria
Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Cotonou, Benin Republic / 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.