Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid (35941 Views)

The N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth N11,551.46 : Crazy Clown / Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / Goods Bought In The UK Vs Nigeria: The Difference (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by palsenator(m): 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lifestone:

I disagree. It's investment in Nigeria that made Dangote the richest black man on the planet. It's not all about Nigeria, also it has to do with us.
We MUST believe in Nigeria. I do.

With protections from the government. I love Dangote no doubt but on a fair field, Dangote wouldn't be among the world richest.
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by VEHINTOLAR: 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2023
Solid Rock Securities and Investment Company,one of your branches will give me no other choice but to call you guys out in a most disgraceful manners ! You guys should put your house in order whatever that's wrong with it ! Anyway,I'm not yet ready for una,e remain small !
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by reddingtonblack: 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
Seun you know the fact here, but it’s very unfortunate here, you are hiding from the fact. Buhari and Tinubu government destroyed Nigeria economy. It’s in Buhari government that Nigeria was the poorest country in the world. Stop defending this clueless set of oppressors. You are eating in Buhari/Tinubu government, but it doesn’t speaks to you that Nigerian businesses are collapsing by the day over the harsh Economy APC government established in Nigeria. Stop this your lies and propaganda here. Nigerians know the fact and nothing but the fact.

Its not a problem to agree Tinubu and Buhari destroyed Nigeria but can you @least mention one leader than made Nigeria economy boom between 99 till date.

Did OBJ leave dollar lesser to the rate he met it, or you can as well tell any of the former president that did

I agree Nigeria economy is at all time doom, but for the record Nigeria is not the poorest country in the world, now or before

Any Govt will fail in Nigeria if Nigerians keep being Nigerians" ... the best of ecnomic policies will flop in any country where everyone is greed, selfish and always looking for fast money.

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by press9jatv: 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
May Almighty Helped us in Tinubu government oooo. Inflation and rising of foods in the market is the order of the day. Economy collapsing by the day.

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by pocohantas(f): 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
GloriousGbola:

If you invested 1 million in enron in 2001 and 1 million in apple in 2001,you would have different outcomes.

The crash of 2008 not withstanding I am sure people bought shares in banks that went belly up before 2008. Savannah bank, trade bank, etal.

The fact that the man is not naming the stocks says this is just clout chasing.

Well said. I am sure it wasn't bought in a bluechip company. Buying shares isn't straightforward as people think and your commercial banker isn't an investment banker or stockbroker.
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by juman(m): 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
Stock market almost collapse during yaradua or jonathan time.
I can remember.

It didnt totally recover again.

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Newton2024: 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
when BUA refinery continues operation next year 2024, then you will know that Dangote isn’t the richest man in Africa. Dangote is just leveraging his wealth on the increments of cement and other consuming products in Nigeria that he’s producing. A monopolist isn’t a richest man but a clueless manipulator and debtor
Not only that, politicians are hiding their loot in Dangote's business. Our money is his money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by ednut1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
My neighbor/ family friend sold one of his houses tocbuy shares in 2004. He died broke years later. The person who bought the house still dey collect rent and balling.
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Olat4421: 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
Is not for garri is not for eba is for agbado grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by juman(m): 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
Look.
It would bounce back.

There was one time my uncle said his shares have turned to ordinary papers.
But years later it bounced back and became more profitable.

Big problem with third world countries is they do not have consistent good leadership that guarantee continuous economic growth.
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by nakaman: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
He should use it and buy airtime

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Kaysalas(m): 7:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
HitlerWasRight:
Playing the stockmarket long-term is stupid.

You are suppose to treat the stock market like a cold shower - quick in, quick out.

That same amount would have been better spent in real estate aquisition, gold or even FX.

In 2002, dollar was trading at about #70 and gold was trading/closing on average of $310 an ounce , translating to an equivalent of #21,000 per trey ounce of gold (app 33grms).

One million naira will fetch you about 50 ounces of gold (app 1.5kg ).

Today a trey ounce of gold is trading at $2,100.

That one million naira investment thrown into the shark tank known as the Nigerian Stock Exchange would have accumulated $100K worth of gold which is roughly #131,000,000.

Gold never gets old.

Easy to stash .

Does not degrade in both value and quality .

Shut your mouth and stash gold in odd places like under the kitchen sink,
inside your wardrobe hanger pole , insude a flower pot.

As long as you don't make anyone around you know you are buying and stashing gold , it's easy to stash around your house in the most innocous places.

Buy gold .

Dump the Jewish financial fiat scam economy .

How and where can one buy in Nigeria
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by press9jatv: 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
nakaman:
He should use it and buy airtime
buying airtime keeee. Dey play 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by press9jatv: 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
ednut1:
My neighbor/ family friend sold one of his houses tocbuy shares in 2004. He died broke years later. The person who bought the house still dey collect rent and balling.
to tell you that buying shares in Nigeria 🇳🇬 is highly bad. Buying shares in USA 🇺🇸 or Canada 🇨🇦 is the best.
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Akolawole(m): 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2023
seunmsg:

If you are knowledgeable about the capital market, you would know that most people that invested heavily in the market between 2002 and 2008 lost almost everything to the market collapse that happened between 2009 and 2010. His father lost everything even before Buhari became president not to talk of Tinubu.

Very Correct.
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Akolawole(m): 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2023
There was a time one lady was heading Nigeria stock exchange. With her in charge, wrong figures were given to attract investors. Hard earn monies were lost.

2 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by grandstar(m): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2023
Just seeing him just makes me want to laugh! grin grin grin grin
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by biroo: 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2023
This is not even funny, this just tells you how much the country itself fights your investments.

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Menclothing: 7:25pm On Oct 29, 2023
Buy shares in companies like mtn Nigeria or dangote and thank me later

2 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Ferdinandu(m): 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2023
[
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Enemyofpeace: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
Now worth 11 million plus? Omo e be like sey money dey for this business o
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Ferdinandu(m): 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
Hmm 🤔. Na huge inflation in the economy caused it

1 million naira stock my dad bought for us in 2002 is now valued at N11K” – Craze Crown cries out

He said that in 2002, their father, concerned about their future, decided to buy shares with the expectation that they would appreciate and convert into a large sum of money.

“You have failed as a mother if your son prioritizes you over his wife” -Skit maker Craze Clown

Craze Crown, a popular comedian, regrets the discovery that the one million naira stock his father purchased for them 11 years ago is now worth only N12,000.

The legendary comedian made the announcement on his Instagram page while lamenting the country’s current state.

He said that in 2002, their father, concerned about their future, decided to buy shares with the expectation that they would appreciate and convert into a large sum of money.

Unfortunately, this was not the case, as the currency had devalued to 11,561.46.

He was furious at how worthless it had become and questioned what he was supposed to do with such a small sum of money.

https://www.gistlover.com/1-million-naira-stock-my-dad-bought-for-us-in-2002-is-now-valued-at-n11k-craze-crown-cries-out/
The Irony of it is that most of the company's CEOs whose wealth are dependent on those companies have their wealth increasing everyday, For example people who bought UBA shares decades ago will likely have their share values at nothing but Tony Elumelu whose major source of wealth is from UBA is having his wealth doubling every few years, How come?. Nigeria is just an active crime scene

4 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Lifestone(m): 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
Blaze14k:

It's funny some now believe so much in Nigeria. I wonder were u guys are getting this energy from
I have only One Country. Nigeria.
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by occfx: 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
The N1m shares my dad bought in 2002 is now worth 11,561.46Naira, how? - Craze Clown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtAyjUX7MXw?si=_OmTzdSrgYZErvcY

The 40k Daar communication share I bought in 2008 is now worth less than 10 kobo... I am not sure if I am the one owing them now. Nigeria is a scam country. If I had bought btc then, I could have bought more than 400 btc

3 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Simplecity(m): 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lifestone:
He should tell us what company shares his father bought and not to generalize. Those who bought into Nestle shares and Dangote sugar and Cement are much happier. It's all about investment education and knowledge.
please what of bank shares??...like uba dem
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Codes151(m): 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2023
DANGOTE SUGAR SHARE I BUY IN 2004, IS IT NOT 400 NAIRA DEM DEY SEND... SMH RUBBISH COUNTRY
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by sangresan(m): 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
Hmm 🤔. Na huge inflation in the economy caused it

1 million naira stock my dad bought for us in 2002 is now valued at N11K” – Craze Crown cries out

“You have failed as a mother if your son prioritizes you over his wife” -Skit maker Craze Clown

Craze Crown, a popular comedian, regrets the discovery that the one million naira stock his father purchased for them 11 years ago is now worth only N12,000.

The legendary comedian made the announcement on his Instagram page while lamenting the country’s current state.

Unfortunately, this was not the case, as the currency had devalued to 11,561.46.

He was furious at how worthless it had become and questioned what he was supposed to do with such a small sum of money.

https://www.gistlover.com/1-million-naira-stock-my-dad-bought-for-us-in-2002-is-now-valued-at-n11k-craze-crown-cries-out/

And so?

Obidindinrin and his clueless supporters. Obi invested Anambra money in worthless investments. Likewise your old man.

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Blaze14k: 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
[quote author=Lifestone post=126685992]
I have only One Country. Nigeria.[/quote

Its mostly yoruba that believe in Nigeria right now.. tho some of them are seriously complaining. Honestly we are not ready to have a great nation
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Mandate1: 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
BreconHills:

He should hold himself responsible.

The stock market can match inflation after all the underlying products are priced to produce a real return.

However it can not address currency risk because that is not the function of the stock market.

If you want to address currency risk He should have bought fx denominated bonds ( for a person of his age/ the father/ whom I guess would be currently in his 60s or early 70's)

This would have addressed currency risk.

It's not the fault of any government. Its simply poor knowledge of diversification. Diversification is not true diversification if it within one market in one country irrespective of how many stocks.

Feel for the dad. We all make mistakes. Hopefully the son will make it up to him.
you're right. Portfolio diversification is the safe avenue in investment. He could av invested 200k in real estate, 200 in gold, 200 in shares, 200 in fx, and the last 200 in maybe agro investment.

1m in 2002 is worth 50m today. Well, I don't blame the man. People make mistakes like u rightly said.

2 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Geovanni412(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
HitlerWasRight:
Playing the stockmarket long-term is stupid.

You are suppose to treat the stock market like a cold shower - quick in, quick out.

That same amount would have been better spent in real estate aquisition, gold or even FX.

In 2002, dollar was trading at about #70 and gold was trading/closing on average of $310 an ounce , translating to an equivalent of #21,000 per trey ounce of gold (app 33grms).

One million naira will fetch you about 50 ounces of gold (app 1.5kg ).

Today a trey ounce of gold is trading at $2,100.

That one million naira investment thrown into the shark tank known as the Nigerian Stock Exchange would have accumulated $100K worth of gold which is roughly #131,000,000.

Gold never gets old.

Easy to stash .

Does not degrade in both value and quality .

Shut your mouth and stash gold in odd places like under the kitchen sink,
inside your wardrobe hanger pole , insude a flower pot.

As long as you don't make anyone around you know you are buying and stashing gold , it's easy to stash around your house in the most innocous places.

Buy gold .

Dump the Jewish financial fiat scam economy .

Best advice here...

But how do you easily get gold or silver coins in Nigeria?

How did you learn to verify the fake from the real?

Kindly suggest where to gain the information above...thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by KennethEnyi(m): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
U fit use am play two odds na boss💯
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by ppogba: 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2023
ednut1:

It can only be financial illiteracy that will make someone to sell a house to buy shares. Blame him for his stupidity and not any government.
Such a man can sell his house to play Bet Naija.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kimberly-Clark Opens $100 Million Plant In Lagos / FCCPC Orders Opay To Address Account Anomalies; Opay Reacts / FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.