Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) (19339 Views)

Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds / Tyson Fury: I Can Beat Wilder And Anthony Joshua On The Same Night / Mayweather Spends Over $3million On A New Bugatti Convertible Ahead Of His Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Numerouno94(m): 11:16am On Oct 30, 2023
Roniyke1234:

He is not a novice in boxing... He was a boxer before he join UFC

He was never a boxer. Except u mean an amateur boxing in Cameroon. Check out his boxing resume and u will see (0-1). If u listened to his speech after the fight, he said he was nervous at the start because it was his first time in the boxing terrain.

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by BRATISLAVA: 11:28am On Oct 30, 2023
Maize247:
Honestly, he won over 70% of the rounds.

The judges were sleeping when they made their decision.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by TheKingsmann(m): 11:55am On Oct 30, 2023
themanderon:
Ngannou. Man walked in like a king and stepped out like one. It's no mean feat standing toe to toe with the gypsy king and coming out unscathed. He did good.
Ngannou is better than AJ.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Karlifate: 11:57am On Oct 30, 2023
othermen:
Boxing is a game of points. You can knock down your opponent 5 times and still be behind in terms of points earned and you can make the most points and still lose by a knock-out. Boxing is not only about punching, it’s equally about avoiding being hit.

We tend to think the aggressive boxer is the winner, but if he drops guard and he’s taking some hit, while aggressively pointlessly dominating, he will come short of victory.

In this match, Fury won, but the margin by which he won has cost heavyweight boxing great credibility. You cannot be the champion of the world in your sport and struggle that hard against a newbie in your own ring. Fury didn’t give much to the fight in terms of preparation, and it cost him and his reputation and his sport greatly.

Should also be astonishing how people who haven't even watched the match, or seen extended highlights, are quick to cry racism. They are not arguing that since the match is between a boxing champion and a former UFC champion, the boxing federation might have a vested interest in influencing the outcome to maintain the credibility of boxing as the premier combat sport. But no, it’s easier to opt for the simplistic, knee-jerk reaction of racism to explain the event.

I disagree with those who say “Fury won, period.” You would be naive to think that global broadcast guarantees absolute credibility of the result. Rather, the fight was a close call and the thoroughness of the initial assessment may not be as comprehensive as the later review. It was a split decision, but other experienced judges and technologies like Compubox, after additional scrutiny, have affirmed that Fury was the rightful winner. this wouldn’t matter to you, when you could lazily draw the racism card.

@ bolded: 💯
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Karlifate: 11:57am On Oct 30, 2023
emkz:

This is a senseless comparison to make.

Peter Obi could not prove how he won the election. He did not provide alternative figures to prove how he won. He was relying on non-transmission of results on IREV to claim he won. He was relying on disqualification of Tinubu to prove he won. Peter Obi fraudulently wanted to claim the prize after being beaten silly.

If he had facts, he could have presented them.

Only an intellectually handicapped cretin would still claim Peter Obi won the election whe there are no facts to prove it. Such should seek psychiatric help before he starts believing his gender is not his own.

However, I am feeling generous today. If you can prove how Peter Obi won the election, I shall give you 100,000 Naira!

@ bolded: LMAO! 😂
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by samuelson06(m): 11:58am On Oct 30, 2023
waveman2:
His defence was poor he actually fought like mike tyson but for a first timer he did well.He will be a big statement in the world of boxing

Yea. I noticed that too. His defense wasn't too good but surprisingly he came out from the fight still looking fresh and collected while Gipsy King looked rough and bruised.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Karlifate: 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
emmadothings:
There is a difference between a puncher and a boxer....just ask Mayweather......
Furry got the points he needed to win the fight while Francis got the points that took him to the final round

Exactly! 👌
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Gudiza(m): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2023
You Didn't 'Won' Nothing... Big Fella
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Teeklef(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
emkz:

This is mental illness bro.

If you refuse to believe that seawater has a high salinity, your belief changes nothing of the nature of the seawater. To disprove the claim, you have to taste it.

If you still insist on a lie when available facts indicate otherwise, you are mentally ill.
Omo see analysis untop say our obi won without evidence oo. All I know is that we won,obi was unable to prove it at supreme court but that's not the end,we won't accept,we are going to ICC,FIFA,NACEGA,ICPC to do the needful 🤪
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by KosiGee(m): 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jostoman:
The final results of this fight can be compare to final result of nigeria presidential election. Mr francis won but they dont want the belt to ........ For just the way peter obi won nigeria election but those powerful people most especially from the north dont want the power to go to Southeast and this are some of the injustice that Nnamdi kanu and Simon Ekpa are fighting against.

Lets speak the truth and Let the truth to ourselves in this country called nigeria.

Don’t compare this to Nigeria presidential election. You sound like that idiot that complained about German Chancellor Olaf. You guys should stop embarrassing us here.

Ngannou scored a knockdown but he lost that fight. Tyson Fury won the fight. Go and rewatch it.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Dagger111(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jostoman:
The final results of this fight can be compare to final result of nigeria presidential election. Mr francis won but they dont want the belt to ........ For just the way peter obi won nigeria election but those powerful people most especially from the north dont want the power to go to Southeast and this are some of the injustice that Nnamdi kanu and Simon Ekpa are fighting against.

Lets speak the truth and Let the truth to ourselves in this country called nigeria.

Fury's belts wasn't in line for the fight. He only superly cashed out so much dollars. $60M for Fury and $10M for Ngannu Francis.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by soil4soil(m): 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jostoman:

Continue to fight the injustice by killing your Kingsman or you thought it is the hausa or Yoruba kingsmen that Nnamdi Kanu and Ekpa are killing.

Wake up man which injustice are they fighting.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Kog45(m): 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Jostoman:

Oya speak the truth who won Nigeria presidential election
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by sukkot: 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
I knew ngannou would win. i put money on him

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Athemisia: 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2023
Numerouno94:
Ngannou is the guy to watch out for if he finally decides to leave ufc and pursue a carrier in heavyweight boxing.

Despite being 37, he fought like one in his twenties. Despite being a novice in boxing he almost killed the Gypsy king. For the very first time I saw fear in the eyes of the Gypsy king during the bout.
Wit wat I saw, non of the current top dogs in the heavyweight division can stop this guy. AJ,Wilder, Usyk, Fury, etcetera.

Modified: those qouting me that Francis Ngannou is not a novice in boxing, pls stop arguing blindly. Ngannou was a novice prior to that bout wit Fury. He even said so after the match, "he said he was nervous at the start because this was his first time in a boxing arena".

Abeg make them give Ngannou that talkative guy that calls himself the bronze bomber. I wan check something.grin
He was never a novice in boxing... He actually started as a boxer in Europe before going to UFC in the u.s.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by objctvty101: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2023
Numerouno94:
Ngannou is the guy to watch out for if he finally decides to leave ufc and pursue a carrier in heavyweight boxing.

Despite being 37, he fought like one in his twenties. Despite being a novice in boxing he almost killed the Gypsy king. For the very first time I saw fear in the eyes of the Gypsy king during the bout.
Wit wat I saw, non of the current top dogs in the heavyweight division can stop this guy. AJ,Wilder, Usyk, Fury, etcetera.

Modified: those qouting me that Francis Ngannou is not a novice in boxing, pls stop arguing blindly. Ngannou was a novice prior to that bout wit Fury. He even said so after the match, "he said he was nervous at the start because this was his first time in a boxing arena".

Abeg make them give Ngannou that talkative guy that calls himself the bronze bomber. I wan check something.grin

If he decides to leave as how?
Francis Ngannou left the UFC on January 14, 2023.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by richie240: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2023
emkz:

This is a senseless comparison to make.

Peter Obi could not prove how he won the election. He did not provide alternative figures to prove how he won. He was relying on non-transmission of results on IREV to claim he won. He was relying on disqualification of Tinubu to prove he won. Peter Obi fraudulently wanted to claim the prize after being beaten silly.

If he had facts, he could have presented them.

Only an intellectually handicapped cretin would still claim Peter Obi won the election whe there are no facts to prove it. Such should seek psychiatric help before he starts believing his gender is not his own.

However, I am feeling generous today. If you can prove how Peter Obi won the election, I shall give you 100,000 Naira!
In mathematics, there's what we call 'working towards d answer'.
It's only obidients/Igbos I know that will first take a stance before bringing a proof to substantiate such stance.

Igbos/obidients will tell whoever cares to listen that there was a Lekki massacre without any proof , and boldly and confidently run with it. Yet they refuse to acknowledge an akwuzu massacre despite the abundance of proofs

I used to wonder why ex-president buhari decided to establish a whole 15 psychiatric hospitals in south east, but day by day, he's being proved right.
cool

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by richie240: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
Many don't agree on the split decision that he lost.
It should have been a draw. But probably the Judges knew the embarrassment it will cost for an heavyweight champion to lose his belt to a UFC
You have said it all.
Even francis himself knows that the numbers after 6 is more than just 7.

Already there's an ego war btw d boxing federation and UFC; so it would've amounted to self-sabotage for d boxing federation to organize, officiate and judge that match and award it to francis.

UFC themselves won't make that mistake.
Nothing less than a K.O. will/can give FN victory.

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by rickleye: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
A bit surprised someone can look like Fury and yet be heavyweight champion. How did we go from the looks of Mike Tyson Evander Holyfield or even the Ukraine twins and be like Fury ?

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by MatrixCircle: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
Ngannou won just like Obi defeated Tinubu.
But....... angry angry angry
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Gajagojo: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
marlow1962:
Yes he won, I streamed the match live, my guy KO fury. Racism can and will never stop. I believe so many block holding UK men bet was on fury, but they were disappointed, instead of having an uprising, they decided to give it to the illegitimate winner, even Ronaldo was surprised at the fraud they did that day.
What has racism got to do with anything? Have you got any evidence for racism. So if there is cheating the only reason must be racism?

It is clear you know nothing about boxing.

The main reason for any cheating is business/money and nothing to do with racism
There is the influence of the betting industry and the influence of promoters
Sometimes white people have been victims when an unwanted outcome does not favour the money men
It is all about money

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by pacespot(m): 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Any contest whose final outcome depends on the decisions of few selected judges is always prone to corruption. They don't want Tyson to lose the belt yet for the sake of their partnerships with different sponsors.

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
Everybody know Francies won dat fight, i think d gave it to fury because he already got match fixed with Usky. Biggest robbery of d year sad

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by fxexperts: 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
pacespot:
Any contest whose final outcome depends on the decisions of few selected judges is always prone to corruption. They don't want Tyson to lose the belt yet for the sake of their partnerships with different sponsors.
Again another ignorant black folk talking, you all just love to believe propagandas. For your info Fury belts were never up in this challenge, it was just a friendly match to catch out from. And secondly Fury got more points than your man Francis. go check that out sometimes. and stop judging with emotions.

SweetDipBenny:
Everybody know Francies won dat fight, i think d gave it to fury because he already got match fixed with Usky. Biggest robbery of d year sad
Again maybe Fury has decided to play this fight down before of the next fight you mentioned above. A food for thought, know this is just a friendly match.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by sammytovic(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2023
Most of you here no sabi boxing.
SweetDipBenny:
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Solofresh2: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
sukkot:
I knew ngannou would win. i put money on him
shocked
The thing shock me oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by welzyj2(m): 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2023
othermen:
Boxing is a game of points. You can knock down your opponent 5 times and still be behind in terms of points earned and you can make the most points and still lose by a knock-out. Boxing is not only about punching, it’s equally about avoiding being hit.

We tend to think the aggressive boxer is the winner, but if he drops guard and he’s taking some hit, while aggressively pointlessly dominating, he will come short of victory.

In this match, Fury won, but the margin by which he won has cost heavyweight boxing great credibility. You cannot be the champion of the world in your sport and struggle that hard against a newbie in your own ring. Fury didn’t give much to the fight in terms of preparation, and it cost him and his reputation and his sport greatly.

Should also be astonishing how people who haven't even watched the match, or seen extended highlights, are quick to cry racism. They are not arguing that since the match is between a boxing champion and a former UFC champion, the boxing federation might have a vested interest in influencing the outcome to maintain the credibility of boxing as the premier combat sport. But no, it’s easier to opt for the simplistic, knee-jerk reaction of racism to explain the event.

I disagree with those who say “Fury won, period.” You would be naive to think that global broadcast guarantees absolute credibility of the result. Rather, the fight was a close call and the thoroughness of the initial assessment may not be as comprehensive as the later review. It was a split decision, but other experienced judges and technologies like Compubox, after additional scrutiny, have affirmed that Fury was the rightful winner. this wouldn’t matter to you, when you could lazily draw the racism card.

Fury noted before the fight that he had a 12 weeks camp. The longest preparation in his fight history. Get your fact straight.

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by deji17: 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
I've always knew that Fury was a hype job!

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by sukkot: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2023
Solofresh2:
shocked
The thing shock me oo
yeah fury is just size. no talent

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by eepeepook: 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2023
He didn’t win. He only knocked down Fury once. The champion racked points to the final decision. Francis made him fight different, it surely was the awkwardness of MMA-style punches compared to boxing’s refined movements. I don’t wish for Francis to continue with boxing. He made a statement. He can go back to the octagon or retire.
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Kingson28: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2023
Risingblue008:
White with racism ehhh

I just hate Dem with passion

U see,
White men blood don't count to me

Why use their phones and ride their cars?
You use what those you hate produced.
What does that make you, reasonable or what?
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Solofresh2: 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2023
sukkot:
yeah fury is just size. no talent
But fury is skillful.I don't know much about that guy though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini / Asisat Oshoala Is Barcelona Femeni's Highest Goal Scorer In 2020 / Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.