Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,640 members, 7,847,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

Jehovah Witnesses And Their Policy On Blood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witnesses And Their Policy On Blood (497 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah Witnesses And Their Policy On Blood by emofine(f): 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
I've heard from first and second hand accounts that Jehovah Witnesses abstain from blood (i.e. transfusions)  because they view it as a sin to accept blood.

I've always taken the blood to be an important symbol for those who profess to believe in Christ since it is via the spilling of blood that atones for Man's sin furthermore according to the bible the greatest price was paid when Jesus shed his blood by dieing on the cross to redeem mankind.

How then can people who believe in Christ have such a policy concerning blood? undecided

I understand that Jesus is regarded differently from Man but I wonder if Jehovah Witnesses believe in the redemption of the blood of Jesus?

(1) (Reply)

I Have Discovered A New Way To Make Money Using Phone And Etisalat Line. / Religion Materials / Christmas Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.