Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (42076 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only True Follower Of Christ:::**see Proof**:: / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Ifa Orisa Religion - Is This Our True Identity: Our True Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by trisha: 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2005
I have come across so many religions but I think Jehovah's Witnesses stick to the bible. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by candyA(f): 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2006
how true?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:38pm On Apr 28, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked STICK TO DA BIBLE? dose ppl are weird if U ask me! pls no insult to da Jw's smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by candyA(f): 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2006
rho i dnt tink dats true, cm to tink of it,hv u eva listened n i min sincerely listen to wot dey hv 2 say, n see if its anitin supportin wot d bible says?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by candyA(f): 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2006
try

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by candyA(f): 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2006
u neva knw were ur gold il b, 4 real

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by jagunlabi(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2006
Yet another "true" religion within a true religion(christianity)?!When are these white folks going to stop confusing poor brainless africans like us?Nonsense! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Oracle(m): 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2006
They come to my place sometimes for their home Bible study, i listen to them and sometimes agree with their teachings
However, i don't totallly accept all their doctrines, but one thing i'll tell you i use is their awake magazines. i read those magazines.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by opeemi1(m): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2006
I have recieved visits the same way, well that what they do though(not all of them).

And as for there magazine, they are very EDUCATIVE, Kudos to AWAKE.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:39am On Nov 13, 2006
I hope that what I have to say regarding the topic won't be seen as offensive by any JWs on the board, or any who are preparing to be. I am simply saying whats on my mind as it relates to the studies I have done on the organization. I have some dear friends and family members who happen to be JWs.

The JWs have not been consistent with their doctrines. They have actually changed quite a few of what they once held as gospel truth. Thats not a good sign for any organization who claims to be Jehovah's true organization.

Almost all of their prophecies concerning the end of the world have failed. Truth cannot be altered. If its truth today, then its truth for tomorrow.

Today they hold that in 1914 Christ's kingdom presence , instead of His literal coming, has occured. Before 1914 it was another date concerning the same event.

Then there are these failed prophecies:

1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection." Millions Now Living Will Never Die, page 89.

When the date arrived and nothing happened this was said: "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year." The Watchtower, 1/1/25, page. 3.

Excuse after excuse about their failed prophecies. As a result hundreds of thoundands left the organization more confused than before.

A JW might say that the organization is still learning. If that is so, then how can they trust what they are taught now by the Watchtower? Will what they are being taught now change also?

A true prophet of God won't err in prophesying. Only a false prophet does. The Jehovah's Witness organization, that claims to be a prophet of God, is really a false prophet. Jesus warned us by saying, "For false Christs and false prophets will appear, (Matt. 24:24).

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by firestar(f): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2006
smiley
No offense taken.
Try studying the Bible first yourself, But out of all the so-called churches who claim to be `Christian` do do not follow the Bible as they should. For instance, Christ wasnt even born the 25th of December. At that time of the year its very cold and the Jewish calender Chislev, isnt a time shepherds tend to their flock.

Make research. The truth is out there and its to those who adhere strictly to Bible Principles.

Firestar.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Bobbyaf(m): 2:56am On Nov 16, 2006
You still haven't addressed the thread re the JWs. Are they holding to bible standards?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by lordimpaq(m): 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2006
@firestar

everyone knows 25th of december was not christ's birthday even the pope admitted that, and it is no where in the bible that 25th of december was jesus birthday, and no one said it was in the bible either,

the 25th of december is symbolic, no thanks to the roman catholic church of old, most of the christian celebrations of today even easter are all based on babylonian myths and religion of old,

well said bobbaf, when they pray, they don't even pray through jesus christ, thus i don't know if they actually follow the bible, i even heard that they have their own bible, i don't know how true that is,
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by haywhy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2006
god dey!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:09am On Nov 17, 2006
@ lordimpaq

well said bobbaf, when they pray, they don't even pray through jesus christ, thus i don't know if they actually follow the bible, i even heard that they have their own bible, i don't know how true that is,

In actual fact they do pray through Jesus name, in accordance with scripture, but unfortunately, they do not see Christ as equal to the Father. They falsely teach that Christ was the first to have been created, and was given the power to create by His Father.

As for their New World Translation bible, nothing is more confusing. They claim it was done to make things easier, but in truth and in fact, it was done to avoid accepting the truth about the equality of Christ and the Father, among other doctrines they have attempted to go around.

Any organization that downplays Christ as much as they have done cannot be the true organization. The whole plan of salvation surrounds Christ. Every theme be it found in the OT, or NT, is centered around Jesus Christ. The fact that the JWs failed to see that indeed Christ is God Almighty, and is ONE with the FATHER, makes them logiocally an organization thats rooted in false teachings. Of course I am not saying this to score points as such, but it is plain truth.

Bless.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Alexos(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2006
J.Witnesses, well, i don't have anything against them, as a matter of fact, I have friends that attend their meetings and I love reading their books.

What i came to realize is that, they actually want to be different. They want to be represented as the real Christians, they to be just like the apostles of Old.

I just think the most important thing is for one to be focused and upright in whatever religion u take up. And as long as you are not breaking any rules, then u are on the right part. Werther J.Witness or not, Just stay true to God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:06am On Nov 18, 2006
You say as long as you're true to God, but how can one be true to God, if they are not true to the bible? The bible is the word of God, right? Logically, if you're mis-representing the word, then you're mis-representing God.

Don't allow the fact that your having friends in the organization blinds you to the harsh realitiy.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by firestar(f): 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2006
Bobbyaf:

@ lordimpaq

In actual fact they do pray through Jesus name, in accordance with scripture, but unfortunately, they do not see Christ as equal to the Father. They falsely teach that Christ was the first to have been created, and was given the power to create by His Father.

As for their New World Translation bible, nothing is more confusing. They claim it was done to make things easier, but in truth and in fact, it was done to avoid accepting the truth about the equality of Christ and the Father, among other doctrines they have attempted to go around.

Any organization that downplays Christ as much as they have done cannot be the true organization. The whole plan of salvation surrounds Christ. Every theme be it found in the OT, or NT, is centered around Jesus Christ. The fact that the JWs failed to see that indeed Christ is God Almighty, and is ONE with the FATHER, makes them logiocally an organization thats rooted in false teachings. Of course I am not saying this to score points as such, but it is plain truth.

Bless.

@Bobbyaf

If I may quote u , "Christ is God Almighty, and is ONE with the FATHER", Is that right?!
Sorry, I've read quite a number translations and I've NEVER come across THAT point.
Christ is the Son of God THE ALMIGHTY and is being refered to as MIGHTY GOD, ETERNAL FATHER, PRINCE OF PEACE, {consult the book of Isaiah regarding the appearance of the messiah}. And as for other claims back them up with the Bible. That way we can know for sure and find it out ourselves.

And to answer the previous question,
Bobbyaf:

You still haven't addressed the thread re the JWs. Are they holding to bible standards?

And what are the Bible standards? They are the only ones I of that do.

lordimpaq:

@firestar

everyone knows 25th of december was not christ's birthday even the pope admitted that, and it is no where in the bible that 25th of december was jesus birthday, and no one said it was in the bible either,

the 25th of december is symbolic, no thanks to the roman catholic church of old, most of the christian celebrations of today even easter are all based on babylonian myths and religion of old,

Then why do the majority of Christians who claim to be Christian celebrate it even though the Pope admitted its not its actual date? Isn't it not strange? We are talking of the Bible which is the manual man uses to guide his path.

As for praying through Jesus Christ, what makes you think JW don't pray through him?

Firestar.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2006
some people would never cease to amaze me
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Ndipe(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2007
I almost joined that group, because I had the erroneous belief that they were the only adherent sticking to the principles of Christianity. What disuaded me from joining them is their denial of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ even when it is clearly written that He Resurrected physically in the Holy Bible. That is the core of Christianity, the birth, death and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ. I would advise anybody to steer clear from that group and rely solely on your Holy Bible for guidance on living a life, acceptable to God. Jesus Christ had forewarned us that false prophets will arise in the end times.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nella(f): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2007
Jehovah's Witnesses?? Man those people annoy me!! i feel lyk kicking them every second! angry angry grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:38am On Apr 03, 2007
I have nothing against JWs. I wouldn't take it that seriously if I were you. grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by lafile(m): 10:26am On Apr 03, 2007
JW's are one of the most inconsistent religious organisations in existence. Apart from those highlighted by Bobbyaf in his first post, i would also like to highlight a few more.

The Watchtower Society currently rejects most of the teachings of their first two leaders - its founder Charles Taze Russell (who was president of the organization from 1879-1916), and "Judge" Joseph Franklin Rutherford, who succeeded Russell as president from 1916 - 1942. These were called Gods spirit directed prophets in their days, but everything they stood for have been rejected. How can such an organisation be Gods only true body on earth? , how can we be sure that in 25 more years, Jehovah's Witnesses won't also reject the current president, Milton G. Henschel (1992 - present), as they did Russell and Rutherford?

The Watchtower organization claims "apostolic succession" for all its leaders, though there is no one who they can claim "passed the torch of God's Spirit" to C. T. Russell when he founded the organization.

There are so many inconsistencies in the New World Translation of tyhe Bible. You find that words are translated differently when they point to the deity of Jesus Christ.

JW is nothing more than an organisation with flaws using skewed notions to cover its flaws.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by ademiife(m): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2007
So much to say about the Witnesses! So little time to say them all, As there are many ways to enter through a door into a room- breaking in, using inappropriate key [what some call Master Key], using the right key, etc., so are there diverse perspectives on ANY thing that touches on human observation. Sane and loving men have learnt to live by the rule that: comments are free; facts are sacred. Their will always be folks who are bitter, misinformed and murderously antagonistic for no just reason. And these are all humans- males and females. One thing is certain, till God's Kingdom comes there will always be animalistic people who can't learn to remain different without being insolent.

"When we take up a case, let's do a self-scrutiny as to whether we are looking critically at the context- in whole- of which we speak or write. Is our personal experience wholly objective and past re-examination? Can we claim absolute understanding of what we are not wont to agree to in the first place?JW's are one of the most inconsistent religious organisations in existence. Apart from those highlighted by Bobbyaf in his first post, i would also like to highlight a few more.

The Watchtower Society currently rejects most of the teachings of their first two leaders - its founder Charles Taze Russell (who was president of the organization from 1879-1916), and "Judge" Joseph Franklin Rutherford, who succeeded Russell as president from 1916 - 1942. These were called Gods spirit directed prophets in their days, but everything they stood for have been rejected. How can such an organisation be Gods only true body on earth? , how can we be sure that in 25 more years, Jehovah's Witnesses won't also reject the current president, Milton G. Henschel (1992 - present), as they did Russell and Rutherford?"

From the above, I ask: what evidential proof is in this allegation? As a thinking person what will you say?

"There are so many inconsistencies in the New World Translation of tyhe Bible. You find that words are translated differently when they point to the deity of Jesus Christ." Can we have CERTAIN examples?

"What disuaded me from joining them is their denial of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ even when it is clearly written that He Resurrected physically in the Holy Bible. That is the core of Christianity, the birth, death and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ. I would advise anybody to steer clear from that group and rely solely on your Holy Bible for guidance on living a life, acceptable to God. Jesus Christ had forewarned us that false prophets will arise in the end times." How would you substantiate this vehement statement? And what evidence is there that you really understood their point and you were not too eager to listen to ALL that you've always wanted to hear?

"In actual fact they do pray through Jesus name, in accordance with scripture, but unfortunately, they do not see Christ as equal to the Father. They falsely teach that Christ was the first to have been created, and was given the power to create by His Father." Permit my ignorance, how would you explain these scriptures: John 12: 44, 45, 49&50; John 14:28; John 20:30&31? As an afterthought consider First Corinthians 11:3 and 15:24, 27&28. You may have fine points to share there,

"Any organization that downplays Christ as much as they have done cannot be the true organization. The whole plan of salvation surrounds Christ. Every theme be it found in the OT, or NT, is centered around Jesus Christ. The fact that the JWs failed to see that indeed Christ is God Almighty, and is ONE with the FATHER, makes them logiocally an organization thats rooted in false teachings. Of course I am not saying this to score points as such, but it is plain truth. " Please dear, God's Word is not about 'plain truth'- it is SACRED TRUTH, as such it must NEVER be adulterated. What proof[s] do you have that these people, Witnesses, you so diametrically described are not God's representatives?

"The JWs have not been consistent with their doctrines. They have actually changed quite a few of what they once held as gospel truth. Thats not a good sign for any organization who claims to be Jehovah's true organization.

Almost all of their prophecies concerning the end of the world have failed. Truth cannot be altered. If its truth today, then its truth for tomorrow.

Today they hold that in 1914 Christ's kingdom presence , instead of His literal coming, has occured. Before 1914 it was another date concerning the same event.

Then there are these failed prophecies:

1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection." Millions Now Living Will Never Die, page 89.

When the date arrived and nothing happened this was said: "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year." The Watchtower, 1/1/25, page. 3."

What is outside the Bible can NEVER be gospel truth. Take time, not as a jaundiced person looking at life through the lens of history. Carefully consider what these people said MIGHT occur and why they FELT CONFIDENT. And don't you think that they were humble enough in admitting their fallibility on such matter of predictions? The truth of God's Word doesn't change. You can only know more. But will one be diametrically disqualified for making [wrong] assumptions? Consider history: were Christ disciples expecting the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel at the wrong time? Acts 1:6? Any careful reader of the publication you cited would see that the Witnesses were rashly expecting SOMETHING great to happen. How wrong they were! Does the rcord show they were after some mischiefs? Please, let us be honest enough not to allow our jaundice to colour things/people we have strong reservation for. A word: I am a man who can defend your right to an opinion, but not to disparage other things and people.

Humanity is about sanity, integrity, modesty, humility and objectivity. Remember HUMANITY whenever you choose to discuss issues, things and people. It's a great thing thing being part of Nairaland. I am learning from everyone in the house, 'nobodi holy pass eee, look into my eyes and tell me say you pass eheh!'

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Nella(f): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2007
Those people just change d Bible completely!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by vchlady: 8:09am On May 11, 2007
I think Jehovah witnesses are the true religion. Ive been studying with them for a year now and I'm so amazed at what Ive been learning. I grew up in a Church learned nothing! didn't even know much about the Bible until I started studying with Jehovah's Witnesses. My life style wasn't the best but they showed me in the Bible how I could draw close to Jehovah and it just made me get my life on tract me and my boyfriend(which he was at the time) got married thats just how bad we wanted to do right in Jehovah's eyes( don't get me wrong now we love each other!!!!) BUT I feel GOOD knowing that Jehovah loves me and he wants me to get to know him. I read a response that said Jehovah's witnesses Bible wasn't the real Bible they made it to fit there beliefs! Well I got news for you at Psalms 83:18 IF YOUR BIBLE DOESN'T HAVE THE NAME JEHOVAH written there then may be you don't have the right Bible. If yours says LORD, JEHOVAH'S name suppose to be there not titles, don't of you want to get to know someone you want to know their real name? Well Jehovah wants us to know his so anywhere in your Bible where LORD is in capital letters Jehovah's name is suppose to be there and when you see lower case letters Jesus name is suppose to be there. Also I used to believe in the trinity but now I don't there are so many scriptures in the bible that set JEHOVAH and JESUS apart from another!! for instance at matthews 6:9 Jesus is praying to Jehovah if they are ONE why is Jesus praying to himself ? Isaiah 44:6 Jehovah is here speaking himself he says: "Iam the first and the last and besides me there is no God."  what does that say to you but to change the subject a Lil about why I think Jehovah Witnesses are the true religion Isaiah 43:10-11( read that) it says "you are my witnesses is the utterance of Jehovah" what other Christian religion do you see go door to door and preached the good news about Jehovah and Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of GOD. Matthew 28:19-20 tells us to go make disciples of all the people,  and baptizing them, ,   Now back to JEHOVAH and JESUS being ONE. John 17:3 reads (This is Jesus talking) "This means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you the only TRUE God and of the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ". now if Jesus is God he could of sent himself forth right? Jesus makes a very clear distinction between himself and the Father! Oh I can go on and on about this topic some more helpful scriptures can be found at Matthew 24:36 concerning the end of the system of things matthew here is quoting Jesus. Now if Jesus was God he would Know when the end of this system will be done with b/c they will have to be on the same train of thought if they are one. And what tickles me that people don't get is John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a God." And since the Word is called God some may think that the Son and the Father must be apart of the same God! Now the Word is Jesus so mention in John 1:1 it says the word was with God, how can an individual be that person and be with them at the same time? John 1:18 says "NO MAN has seen Almighty God at anytime" but yet people have seen Jesus, even walked with Jesus ( read also john 1:14) more scriptures can be found at Psalms 90:2; Acts 7:55; Colossians 1:15

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2007
@ vchlady

I think Jehovah witnesses are the true religion.

You think?

I grew up in a Church learned nothing! didn't even know much about the Bible until I started studying with Jehovah's Witnesses. My life style wasn't the best but they showed me in the Bible how I could draw close to Jehovah and it just made me get my life on tract

You learnt nothing because you were not ready to start learning. Anyone can learn in any organization if you desire truth badly enough, and that includes being in the JW's organization. Thats like a student blaming his school for not fascilitating his learning. Learning should n't depend on extrinsic factors mostly, but intrinsic ones.

I know a lot of JWs who left the organization because they were prepared to study for themselves, and were not so dependent on what their organization taught. The denomination cannot search on your behalf. You must do that for yourself.

BUT I feel GOOD knowing that Jehovah loves me and he wants me to get to know him.

Good to know that, but Jehovah has directed all eyes to His Son Jesus Christ. If you're not doing that then you'd have failed to recognise the essence of the plan of salvation. Jesus is the bridge between the Father and you. Listen to what Jesus said:

John 14:8-, Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
9 Jesus said to him,
“Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?

Just like you the disciples were bent on learning more about the Father, but Jesus had to clarify that getting to know Him was the way to know the Father.

I read a response that said Jehovah's witnesses Bible wasn't the real Bible they made it to fit there beliefs! Well I got news for you at Psalms 83:18 IF YOUR BIBLE DOESN'T HAVE THE NAME JEHOVAH written there then may be you don't have the right Bible.

Were you made aware at your organization that the word Jehovah is not an accurate translation form the Hebrew? All the vowels in the word, that is e, o, and a were placed there by jewish writers who departed from the original manuscript. You of all persons should have known that the original expression resembled YHWH.

Originally Hebrew didn't have any vowels, and was written right to left, although some of the consonants carry with them the indication of associated vowel sounds. For instance, the "Y" is associated with the sound of a "long e",  as in "team".  The H is associated with the sound of a "short a" as "ah!"  The Vav is associated with the vowel "u" and produces the sound in the word "cool." Thus, the name of the Creator sounds something like "ee-ah oo' ah", with the accent on the second of the three syllables, as is the pronunciation convention in Hebrew.

Hence the closer pronunciation, or sounding for the name is Yahweh, and not Jehovah which is a man-made concoction.  

You say that Jehovah wants us to call and use His name, so how come Jesus called Him Father? How come Jesus taught His disciples to address His Father as Father also? How come Jesus referred to Him as God, and not Jehovah? On the cross Jesus cried out "Eloi, Eloi" which means God.

Can you find any evidence in the New Testament that any of the disciples referred to the Father as Jehovah seeing that the word Jehovah incorrectly came from the Tetragammon YHWH? Kindly go back to the NT manuscript and see if any reference was ever made to Jehovah. The only word that scholars are familiar with is Κυριος, a greek word which means Lord, and often it was associated with Jesus.  

Isaiah 44:6 Jehovah is here speaking himself he says: "Iam the first and the last and besides me there is no God."

I am glad you raised this issue. Its funny how you are quick to teach that Jesus is a lesser God, and that the Father is the true God. In John 1 the JWs teach that Jesus is a God, or a lesser God than the Father. That would mean that there are 2 Gods. One is greater than the other according to JWs. The very text you quoted contradicts your beliefs.

The very quote you supplied in Isaiah 44:6 does not suport your teaching. Yet in the book of Hebrews the Father calls His Son God. Let us read it:

Hebrews 1:6 says, "Let all the angels of God worship Him.” The Him in the verse is God's Son. Why would the Father allow another to be worshipped if He alone is due worship?

let us view Revelation 1 and see how John describes Jesus:

Revelation 1,
9 I, John, both[e] your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,”[f] and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia:

Notice how Jesus was similarly described as Isaiah described God in chapter 44 as being the "first and the last"?

John continues identifying whose voice he heard behind him, 12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man,

This is what Jesus said: 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me,  “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.

I also want you to notice how your own words have betrayed you. You say that whenever we see the word Lord as its seen now in the sentence, being written in lower case it means the Son right? This is what you said earlier: Well Jehovah wants us to know his so anywhere in your Bible where LORD is in capital letters Jehovah's name is suppose to be there and when you see lower case letters Jesus name is suppose to be there.

How then do you explain Revelation 1:8 which says:  “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

The "ord" in the word Lord has been written in lower case, and is a direct reference to Jesus being Almighty.

Its very clear to me that you need to search the scriptures for yourself outside of the pressure to conform to an organization. I can speak for myself that even though I belong to an organization called the SDA church, I am allowed to differ in opinion until there is clarification. I am not sure that any JW can afford to challenge the set doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by uchetobi(f): 5:00pm On May 11, 2007
Oh pls lets not start another JW thread. I see myself as a tolerant person but all JW's iv met (2 are my very good friends) can argue blindly.
I can only pray for them
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by vchlady: 6:33pm On May 11, 2007
Ha u guys are so funny what makes Christendom so right? Ive been there and don't wanna go back! What you say about us doesn't matter and even though I'm studying with them and they thought me the Bible Ive read it for myself and felt in my heart this was the right way to go for me (so I say stop hating!!!!!! )Matthew 24:9 " then people will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."
You guys just don't know what Jehovah Witnesses go through to spread the good news, just about everyone hates Jehovah Witness you say you like them, but do ya! I'm not one yet but do plan on becoming one!!!!!! Romans 14:12 states " So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God" So no matter what anyone says or what religion, We all have to render an account for ourselves to Jehovah. Satan is all in the mix with these Churches the ones Ive even grew up in (and you tell me I don't know) What is false religion well they spread false doctrine(Ezekiel 18:4, Ecclesiastes 9:5 and John 11:11-25) meddles in war and politics(1John 4:20) (Matthew 5:44) and tolerates immoral sex( 1Corinthians 6:9,10) Pastors stealing money from the Church, fornication, adultery etc. How will that false religion end? read Rev chapters 17 & 18 Rev 18:4 says "Get out of her you people". Oh but how can you find that true religion? Well a true religion Practice LOVE  true worshipers are not apart of this world or divided by color(John 13: 35; 17:16;Acts 10:34,35) UPHOLDS HIGH MORAL STANDARDS and STRENGTHENS FAMILIES(Ephesians 5:28,33;6:1-1timothy 3:1-10) Last but not least TRUSTS IN GODS WORD b/c instead of basing teachings on "tradition" or commands of men doctrines, TRUE RELIGION bases on Gods word the BIBLE!!!!(Matthew 15:6-9) -2Timothy 3:16), Also In learning the message they are all on one accord with the word in 99,770 congregations 236 lands Matthew 24:14 " And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come" oh and I know some ex- Jehovah Witness to they lost the faith as simple as that they fell spiritually thats were Satan can get you he doesn't want us to draw close to Jehovah, when they were in the truth everything was going good for them when they left everything started going bad and this was personal told to me and thats why you see so many of them coming back in to the truth.  By the way Jehovah name is spelled (YHWH in Hebrew) Jehovah's name is the utmost importance read(Matthew 6:9; John 12;28) Why has it been taking out of the Bibles well it involves the tradition of the Jews Many of them hold to Gods name shouldn't be pronounced is it b/c of the misapplication of the Bible law at Exodus 20:7? That law forbids the misuse of Gods name but it doesn't forbids the respectful use of his name. Taking Jehovah's name out of the Bible makes him seem like hes remote or impersonal at psalms 25:14 it tells us to "cultivate intimacy with Jehovah" Jehovah name means "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be"(Exodus 3:14) Once again I could go on and on, But is this really a discusion to even talk about b/c my mind is made up and No I'm not blinded by this organization I made this up in my heart I meditate on my Bible every day. You know you have to learn for yourself, you may know the Bible but do you fully understand it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:10am On May 12, 2007
Oh boy! You have a lot to learn vchlady. Only God can deliver you now!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by vchlady: 7:13pm On May 12, 2007
so do u buddy!!!!!!!!!! Get the right interpreting of the Bible before u try 2 go off preaching!!!! BOOBBYAF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? by ricadelide(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2007
@vchlady,
you say you follow the bible; what do you know about what Jesus Christ came to do for man?
I'd be awaiting your reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Eunice Olawale's Daughter, Jessica: "What Mum Told Me A Night Before Her Death" / Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass / Adeboye: My Friend Screamed Praise The Lord When We Heard Nigeria's N55trn Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.