Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? (13860 Views)

Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Adewale1603(m): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
You are even lucky she didn't leave you alone with the kids and go away, when things were hard. Some women will leave their husbands and go for someone richer. They won't endure the suffering

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by AchrafHakimi: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ishilove:
She didn't change. She simply showed her true character

Yes

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by okine4real: 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2023
There is nothing new about what you wrote, this is while i tell guys, no woman on earth loves you like your mother. every woman that loves you, loves you because you are higher than her in wealth, academics etc the moment you fall below her levels, you a goner. Naturally women goes for men that are higher them them, while the men goes for woman that are lower than them. In marriage never ever, i mean never ever allow your women to me wealthy than you, if she is wealthy than you, lets say you earn 2M and your wife earn 3M, you are still good to go as a man, because your 2M would cater for your family, but if she earns 3M and you earn 500k, na sorry be your own. woman are built to worship men because of wealth, so if you deny yourself of her worshiping you because say you poor, na your fault.

6 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Paulinho59(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2023
Fahvvy:
This scenario you just described accurately tells the story of how most women are undecided...

And it's so unfortunate that men realize this way too late undecided...

Men listen!
Your respect in the eyes of 99% of "your beloved wives" is tied to your ability to provide, lose this ability and watch your "loving wife" become your worst night mare undecided...

The truth about the average woman is that, They are incapable of loving a man GENUINELY undecided...

If there's nothing to gain from you, be it time and attention or resources, then they have no business with you, talk more of respecting you undecided...

@OP...
I won't quit the marriage undecided...
She may have been a bad wife, but if she's been a good mother, then there's no way I'm depriving my kids of their mum undecided...

But one thing is for certain, from that day onwards we'll only be roommates at best undecided...

U nailed it... 👍

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Yunisa001(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
yet this women will be shout the loudest that they stay with the man when he has nothing
guy that is the scam of the highest order ,

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2023
Respect is organic; a woman that cannot respect her husband in adversity doesn’t have what it takes to give him genuine respect if roles are reversed.Unless Jesus Christ happened to her.

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Mexyz(m): 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:
I'd like to share a story with you. I enjoy stories, as they are often what older folks excel at. 😄

My church hosts a program from time to time; it's an all-night event where singles of marriageable age and selected married individuals come together to discuss various aspects of marriage.

On one occasion, a topic was brought up, and women were discussing at length how they could love a man and do everything right, yet things don't always work out. As people began giving reasons for such situations, I was given the microphone, and I suggested, "Perhaps you should consider respecting them instead of just loving them. If what you're doing isn't working, why not try something different?" This led to a lively debate, which I won't go into, but one woman took it personally, and we had this conversation.

Woman: Are you married?

Me: No, ma'am.

Woman: I've been married for years, and I can emphatically tell you that love is what has held us together from day one. We've been through a lot and come out stronger because of love. You're not married, so you may not know enough to form an opinion on this issue.

The women in the audience applauded her.

Me: That's beautiful, ma'am. When did you meet your husband?

Woman: A few months after school; I was staying with my uncle and waiting for my service year.

Me: Was he a student too?

Woman: No, he was already in business and doing fairly well.

Me: How long did you two date?

Woman: Just a few months. He made it clear that he was looking for a wife, but we didn't get married until after my service year.

Me: That's wonderful. Now, let's imagine a scenario where your roles are reversed. You are a successful businesswoman, and you meet a young man fresh out of school with no job and no NYSC certificate yet, and he proposes marriage. Would you have married him as quickly as he married you? Please, be honest; we are in a church.

Woman: What are you trying to say? That I married him because of money or something? I love my husband, he knows it, he sees it, and he feels it. He's here and can speak for himself.

Me: Thank you, ma'am, for being honest with me.

I summarized the conversation, which was quite lengthy and filled with drama, but I believe you can still grasp the main point from this excerpt. 😄

Bros give an abridged version of the summary you gave that day na.
I want to learn from you.
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Aleem26(m): 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2023
Y u no try fake am once to know the real her when una deh date
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Yunisa001(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:
I'd like to share a story with you. I enjoy stories, as they are often what older folks excel at. 😄

My church hosts a program from time to time; it's an all-night event where singles of marriageable age and selected married individuals come together to discuss various aspects of marriage.

On one occasion, a topic was brought up, and women were discussing at length how they could love a man and do everything right, yet things don't always work out. As people began giving reasons for such situations, I was given the microphone, and I suggested, "Perhaps you should consider respecting them instead of just loving them. If what you're doing isn't working, why not try something different?" This led to a lively debate, which I won't go into, but one woman took it personally, and we had this conversation.

Woman: I've been married for years, and I can emphatically tell you that love is what has held us together from day one. We've been through a lot and come out stronger because of love. You're not married, so you may not know enough to form an opinion on this issue.

Woman: A few months after school; I was staying with my uncle and waiting for my service year.

Woman: Just a few months. He made it clear that he was looking for a wife, but we didn't get married until after my service year.

Me: That's wonderful. Now, let's imagine a scenario where your roles are reversed. You are a successful businesswoman, and you meet a young man fresh out of school with no job and no NYSC certificate yet, and he proposes marriage. Would you have married him as quickly as he married you? Please, be honest; we are in a church.

Woman: What are you trying to say? That I married him because of money or something? I love my husband, he knows it, he sees it, and he feels it. He's here and can speak for himself.

I summarized the conversation, which was quite lengthy and filled with drama, but I believe you can still grasp the main point from this excerpt. 😄
. Guy u nail it , that woman may not greet you another day or may even ignore you if you try to greet her because is has if u exposed is long time scam for her husband since . Whenever u hear i love my man , I married my man because I love him from a lady .believe me that guy in question don suffer tire ,all I married my husband because of love is a big scam .

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by kollysnut(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
I will marry second wife,

Tallesty1:
I just watched a clip that inspired this post.

Imagine this scenario.......

You are married to a beautiful woman, and you have like three kids. It is a beautiful family, really.

You have a nice house, a good ride, beautiful children, always selfie-ready wife, and salary alerts keep coming. Then life happens, and you start losing things until nothing is left. No salary, no more savings, and you're officially wiped out by poverty.

Your wife has something she does for a living, makes her own money, and does whatever it is that women do with money. You never cared because you were doing okay, but now the tides have turned.

Naturally, you expect her to provide support while you work harder to regain your footing. But what you are getting from her is something you never knew she was capable of: insults upon insults, disrespect, and all. This lasts for a year or two.

Then, fortune smiles on you again and you get back on your feet. As usual, there is money now, and your wife is the woman you married at first. She is loving again, respectful, and caring.

I want to know, will you still go back to loving her like before, as if the past two years' experience never happened, or are you going to quit?
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by joseph1832(m): 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

You are married to a beautiful woman, and you have like three kids. It is a beautiful family, really.

You have a nice house, a good ride, beautiful children, always selfie-ready wife, and salary alerts keep coming. Then life happens, and you start losing things until nothing is left. No salary, no more savings, and you're officially wiped out by poverty.

Your wife has something she does for a living, makes her own money, and does whatever it is that women do with money. You never cared because you were doing okay, but now the tides have turned.

Naturally, you expect her to provide support while you work harder to regain your footing. But what you are getting from her is something you never knew she was capable of: insults upon insults, disrespect, and all. This lasts for a year or two.

Then, fortune smiles on you again and you get back on your feet. As usual, there is money now, and your wife is the woman you married at first. She is loving again, respectful, and caring.

I want to know, will you still go back to loving her like before, as if the past two years' experience never happened, or are you going to quit?
It is obvious she didn't marry you, but married your money.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by MrOpp(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
Many individuals find themselves in unfortunate situations within marriage due to a lack of proper insight into structuring their families. Marriage is often described as a union, and this concept can be extended to financial matters. When you get married, it's as if you're entering into a partnership, but in this case, the partnership is limitless. This means that everything you own and will own as long as the marriage continues belongs to the family unit and not just to one individual.

Both partners, husband and wife, pool their incomes periodically, typically on a monthly basis, into a joint account. From this joint account, financial discussions revolve around joint investments, properties, assets, and even businesses. It's advisable to maintain a joint account for general and household expenses, while each partner retains a single personal account. Allowances for personal expenses are disbursed from the joint account to individual accounts. All other assets, investments, and savings are considered family assets rather than individual ones. This approach ensures a unified financial front within the marriage. If couples structure their finances in this manner, issues such as one partner experiencing financial difficulties and the resulting strain on the relationship can be minimized. Within a marital partnership, there should be no concept of one partner being financially down; instead, it's a collective responsibility. Everything should be managed together, reinforcing the idea that "the two shall become one," as emphasized in the Bible.

It is often claimed that women's affection for men is conditional, contingent on what they can provide. Some argue that women may leave when there's seemingly nothing more to gain. While there might be instances where this holds true, it's important to note that this perspective doesn't apply universally, especially within the context of marriage.

Most women often prioritize their happiness in a relationship, they just want to be happy and comfortable, the responsibility lies with the man to possess a high level of financial intelligence and literacy. He should take the initiative to propose how the family's finances should be structured, explain this plan thoroughly to his wife, and help her understand that this approach benefits her and the entire family. Joint financial planning extends beyond just financial transparency, shared goals, reduced financial disputes, emergency preparedness, investments and savings. For instance, in the unfortunate event of legal issues, the impact is limited because neither party individually owns these assets; they are collectively owned by the family.

If you're interested in receiving comprehensive marital counseling or financial advice, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I am also a skilled and experienced content writer. Feel free to contact me to explore these services. I am here to provide you with valuable insights and support in various aspects of your life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by ALFADOS(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
Fahvvy:
This scenario you just described accurately tells the story of how most women are undecided...

And it's so unfortunate that men realize this way too late undecided...

Men listen!
Your respect in the eyes of 99% of "your beloved wives" is tied to your ability to provide, lose this ability and watch your "loving wife" become your worst night mare undecided...

The truth about the average woman is that, They are incapable of loving a man GENUINELY undecided...

If there's nothing to gain from you, be it time and attention or resources, then they have no business with you, talk more of respecting you undecided...

@OP...
I won't quit the marriage undecided...
She may have been a bad wife, but if she's been a good mother, then there's no way I'm depriving my kids of their mum undecided...

But one thing is for certain, from that day onwards we'll only be roommates at best undecided...
please elaborate on roommates at best please
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by BigIyanga: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

Tankio.. most women in Naija cant marry an exact male version of them. Women and kids are loved unconditionally , but men have to bring or do something to be ‘loved’ … Chris Rock

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Yunisa001(m): 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ouote author=NuCypher post=126718125]That's the sad reality of a couple of marriages out there. The solution is to look before you leap. Make sure the person doesn't have that kind of behaviour before you marry them. But if you do end up in that situation, then I don't know what to say. The best solution is to probably walk away because this kind of woman na gbege.[/quote] Guy u can never know a lady has that attitude unless u are a reasonable broke guy , in quote I said ( a reasonable broke guy ) .
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by NuCypher: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
Persephone1:
How did the man handle his own loss and misfortunes?

Most men struggle to remain the loving, responsible, cheerful and peaceful men they were when they experience setbacks. Most men's mental stability is attached to their ability to provide and spend. How do they react when things don't go the way they want.?

I believe this narrative of women changing when things go sour should be checked. It is far from reality! It is an exaggeration also. There are women who stand by their husbands . At least "your mothers" did that. And when women change was it really due to lack of funds or the inability of both husband and wife to manage themselves.

You all want women to support and also care for an overgrown harsh baby who refused to grow up and work towards overcoming his challenges. Abeg!
You are asking for too much. How do you expect a man who just suffered major setbacks to remain the "loving, responsible, cheerful and peaceful man" he once was? Are you living in la-la land? Such experiences are too jarring to ever make him keep his head straight. Of course, this doesn't justify assaulting his wife, sexually, physically or emotionally. Having said that, this is probably the time the man needs his wife more, to stand by him and make him whole and not judge him based on his misfortune. I wonder why you can't see that.

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Mrbenny001: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2023
nawa4naija:
Bro once you are in the trap called marriage,

You shouldn't let little things that you should have known before now divide your home.

What you should do is this: Involve your wife in the family financial responsibility since she makes income too, so that you can also make investments as the bread winner, from your story, every damn expenses is on you, that's way too bad, if you go broke 100 times, that woman will disrespect you 100 times

My own cent
I don't know why it's so hard for men to believe this reality, only man with 2 wives can do yanga.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by africandollar: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
Well, well, well (konga, konga, konga) grin. The character your wife exhibited while you were down is her true, without make-up, character. I believe you can still live with her since she is the mother of your children and also for the sake of your children but if I were you I would always have a back-up plan going forward in case things go awry again tomorrow because your wife has proved not to be dependable. Now when I say have a back-up plan I do not mean that you should have another woman outside, the issue was a financial issue so I would advise you gradually wean her from having knowledge of most of your finances, bank accounts and dealings since it is evident that she is only in that marriage for what she can get. It's should be obvious by now that you are the only person in this marriage by yourself so better start saving and investing so you can have something to fall back on if finances dwindle again. Also make sure that from now on as far as finances are concerned make one of your children your next-of-kin 'cos if anything happens to you tomorrow there is no guarantee she is going to spend your assets on your children.

Personally, I don't take it lightly when people show me their true self, it's actually a prolonged episode of the Freudian slip.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Neckpresser101: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

Yey!

Bahd guy grin
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by BRATISLAVA: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

If forum males don't trigger themselves, who will?

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by BRATISLAVA: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
okine4real:
There is nothing new about what you wrote, this is while i tell guys, no woman on earth loves you like your mother. every woman that loves you, loves you because you are higher than her in wealth, academics etc the moment you fall below her levels, you a goner. Naturally women goes for men that are higher them them, while the men goes for woman that are lower than them. In marriage never ever, i mean never ever allow your women to me wealthy than you, if she is wealthy than you, lets say you earn 2M and your wife earn 3M, you are still good to go as a man, because your 2M would cater for your family, but if she earns 3M and you earn 500k, na sorry be your own. woman are built to worship men because of wealth, so if you deny yourself of her worshiping you because say you poor, na your fault.

All the fantasy and judgement you can find in one post—the women x-ray machine who knows everything that all women have done, are doing and will do.

Top cat doffs his hat for you.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by OZIOGU1: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
Every Man should expect this, that is why someone like me will live long, i can never expect anything from my wife, if she support let it be that is coming from her heart, but i am not waiting for her money, i don't think a man can that broke to the point where you cannot muscle out something for your family, especially you said He is doing well before....My dad said women money is theirs, Men money is ours grin

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by FireUpNow(m): 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2023
Women see marriage as a business venture and it's all gain and gain always. If things shake a little you will see the poisonous snake in them.

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Neckpresser101: 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
OZIOGU1:
Every Man should expect this, that is why someone like me will live long, i can never expect anything from my wife, if she support let it be that is coming from her heart, but i am not waiting for her money, i don't think a man can that broke to the point where you cannot muscle out something for your family, especially you said He is doing well before....My dad said women money is theirs, Men money is ours grin
Correct
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Babssoo(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
Coolsat:
As for me I'll pay her back by marrying a second wife and enjoy my life.
Haa, that will be another problem o
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Streetmovement(m): 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Women of this generation can never respect or love you if you're not financially important to them, a very few percentage of this women can hold it together when a man is down, that's why I test them cuz only then you'll see their true colour.

Know this and know peace.

Back to the question at hand, if na me I can never be cool with her anymore especially when I didn't do anything to get that level of treatment handed to me.

One of the things I hate most in relationships is when one partner feels he or she's got the right to treat the other with lack of respect especially when they're no more of financial benefits to them, women tend to do this alot.

I'll give her the same treatment she gave me so that her head go reset, nobody is a kid so everybody should be held responsible for their actions.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Way4orward: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
We don't give fair weather partner a chance at all.

You should know from the beginning.

Carry your cross.
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Figger(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
The best way to spite her is to take In a second wife and jettison everything that has to do with her including her food and intimacy, na she go use her hand opt for a divorce.
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Babssoo(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
I will let her know what she means to me now, I will let her know that I can never love or trust her again… if my children are a little bit old , I can even let them know, caus dem sef go don see. I wont marry another woman and I won’t divorce her… but all my body language towards her na no love again oo.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2023
NuCypher:

You are asking for too much. How do you expect a man who just suffered major setbacks to remain the "loving, responsible, cheerful and peaceful man" he once was? Are you living in la-la land? Such experiences are too jarring to ever make him keep his head straight. Of course, this doesn't preclude assaulting his wife, sexually, physically or emotionally. Having said that, this is probably the time the man needs his wife more, to stand by him and make him whole and not judge him based on his misfortune. I wonder why you can't see that.
Okay... I couldn't drive home point because I was trying to be modest. Broke men get grumpy, irrational, harsh unnecessarily angry, very touchy, mushy , annoyingly timid. Most times their women have to walk on egg shells around them so they (husbands) won't find fault and blow little things out of proportion. When wives finally get tired of such lifestyle and react, men will attach it to their "inability to provide" or "because I lost my job" . And pity party starts. That's the point. How do you expect women to cope with these.

Yes no one is asking you to be perfect and be loving or responsible all the time but how do you handle yourself when thing go sour without making the next person pay the price.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Lucasesene(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
I'm not sure I'll be able to love her the way I used to before , my guards will always be up that whenever life hits again this woman will turn to someone I never knew.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wives: Would You Submit Your Paychecks To Your Husbands? / What Are Your Views On Divorce? / Best Technique For Dealing With A Nagging Wife/Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.