Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months (21390 Views)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / N-power: 3 Reasons Why Most N-power Volunteers Were Not Paid Their Backlogs / This Is What N-Power Fmard-pace Paid Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Monaboo(m): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
"The wicked shall not go unpunished"- Proverbs 11 vs 21.

Just watch how he will loose that car and that company will fold very soon.

Most people sit down and condemn the government but if the tides were turned and most of you were given the mantle of power, you will do worse.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Shyboyk(m): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:
Good morning everyone, I don't know if most of you remember me how I was all over nairaland begging for job sometimes last year..

So I gate crashed to this firm around Port Harcourt were I stay, submitted hard copies of my small documents and was called for interview four days letter.it is a bottling a water factory firm owned by one man.
There was no offer letter, we were just sent an SMS to resume work on so and so .

I was asked to resume 7.30 to 6pm on a salary of 25k per month..for the first month, I was paid half with the excuse that company was not going well as per sales, the second month I was not paid atol with two other guys that resumed same time as me but oga was just giving us 300 naira each for TP,we thought he is generous, because we were expecting double Salary by the month end since we didn't get our previous salary.

It got to the third month which is this month, the three of us went to the lady that does HR and complained to her, she said we should take our complaint to the boss.

The next day, the man came to work with a new ride..Lexus saloon car, how did I know it was a new car? He called his friend on phone and we overheard him telling his friend to come to his office and see the new car he got..

Letter that day after work which was Friday, I and the three other guys met him and said we have not been paid for like 3 months sir, the man cuts in and said don't we see how the country is, that if we are tired we should go..

Since Friday I and the two other guys left the work.and still planning on what to do on him.

I know the country is bad, but we should not try to take advantage of job seekers just because you feel they look desperate..

Right now my head is just full..

I like that u left the work now try to collect ur money if na to spoil something for the new car way go cost am do it and if na to carry the catalyst for the car carry am ….I hate this thing wit so much passion this is what my babe boss is doing although the work is Sara work(easy work) they work from 10 to 3 or 4 …now the woman said market is not moving and she sacked some workers and the ones that begged to stay she reduced their salary and they are working everyday but she said market is not moving …some people are wicked …nobody fit chop my sweat …..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This thing dae pain me

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Ennypoker: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2023
You're so useless and poverty stricken to want to chop inside somebody's struggle for 25k? Still have mind to call men struggling......
omo

Jennyclay:
I don’t care whether you’re being paid or not, I’m just concerned about the peanut 25k salary undecided

I mean, Do people really do 25k salary job in this country Or they are just joking about it and to make things worst they even pay their workers the nonsense salary without owning them undecided

If you are earning such amounts and you approach me you’re just wasting your time. I will even help you chop the peanut salary you’re earning without any remorse undecided

May God help all you broke and struggling men!!
Shior!!
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by TheGift: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

He used the present economic situation in Nigeria to tell us that don't we see how the country is..that he spends more on Diesel.

So if He is going to fuel a Machine, how much more fueling the humans operating the machines who have to transport themselves to and from work. Are His workers not also being affected by costs of diesel and fuel?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by casualobserver: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
Kasdat5:
Cease the car keys + documents until he pays .

How do you “cease” a key?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Juniorangel(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2023
I had same experience with my former boss always paying half payment till he decided to cut the salary into two, I had to quit even after three months salary not paid after about a month I quit I called him on phone that I was coming for my salary as I enter the office I carry 3 heavy guys go as the man see me and my guys he paid everything he owed me instantly. I suggest you do so.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Samirana360(m): 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

Is it untill we die of hunger that he will file out millions now for our Burial
no u won't die
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by omoadeleye(m): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
SETHARTHUR:
Go burn am

I won't even castigate you for this comment.

I just thought about those who always ended up killing their bosses, who knows maybe they had once faced this type of fate from their bosses hands.

This is so cruel.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Pickmycall: 1:02pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:
Good morning everyone, I don't know if most of you remember me how I was all over nairaland begging for job sometimes last year..

So I gate crashed to this firm around Port Harcourt were I stay, submitted hard copies of my small documents and was called for interview four days letter.it is a bottling a water factory firm owned by one man.
There was no offer letter, we were just sent an SMS to resume work on so and so .

I was asked to resume 7.30 to 6pm on a salary of 25k per month..for the first month, I was paid half with the excuse that company was not going well as per sales, the second month I was not paid atol with two other guys that resumed same time as me but oga was just giving us 300 naira each for TP,we thought he is generous, because we were expecting double Salary by the month end since we didn't get our previous salary.

It got to the third month which is this month, the three of us went to the lady that does HR and complained to her, she said we should take our complaint to the boss.

The next day, the man came to work with a new ride..Lexus saloon car, how did I know it was a new car? He called his friend on phone and we overheard him telling his friend to come to his office and see the new car he got..

Letter that day after work which was Friday, I and the three other guys met him and said we have not been paid for like 3 months sir, the man cuts in and said don't we see how the country is, that if we are tired we should go..

Since Friday I and the two other guys left the work.and still planning on what to do on him.

I know the country is bad, but we should not try to take advantage of job seekers just because you feel they look desperate..

Post your oga s number in your thread make men tackle am.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Pickmycall: 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
N2B2:

You've been working for free.

Times are hard, yes, but how you could resume work without a contract?

It may sound harsh, but the reality is a lot of people are out there solely to take advantage of desperate jobseekers.

If I were you, I'd stop working for him immediately and start looking for openings elsewhere.
Majority of the companies in Nigeria don't issue an employment letter to their employees.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Enyimbamercedes: 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

He is a wicked man...give the car some sugar in the fuel tank. Clean up properly sponge doesn't suspect anything. If he cannot pay salaries...let him spend the money on repairs
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Bliztzer: 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don’t care whether you’re being paid or not, I’m just concerned about the peanut 25k salary undecided

I mean, Do people really do 25k salary job in this country Or they are just joking about it and to make things worst they even pay their workers the nonsense salary without owning them undecided

If you are earning such amounts and you approach me you’re just wasting your time. I will even help you chop the peanut salary you’re earning without any remorse undecided

Shior!!

You come here to mock who are finding it hard. Person wey no wan steal and still want to make it by struggling for himself u dey mock them. If I be ur man, I go tell u go work by urself, and see for urself. No be say those guys want it that way, na condition make fish bend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by ucheuzor1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:

Shior!!

In as much as I find it appalling, will he go for the job if there was a better offer?

Nigeria is just hard at the moment and no hope in sight

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by dododawa1: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2023
One side story
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2023
Juniorangel:
I had same experience with my former boss always paying half payment till he decided to cut the salary into two, I had to quit even after three months salary not paid after about a month I quit I called him on phone that I was coming for my salary as I enter the office I carry 3 heavy guys go as the man see me and my guys he paid everything he owed me instantly. I suggest you do so.

I think this is a good idea
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by dNortherner(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
3ice9ce:
Contribute 1,500 make una buy 2 liters of fuel. Carry matches from your house.

Option 2, buy 300 naira salt, use nail or iron to force open his fuel tank and pour all the salt inside.

Go under the car and look for the hose leading to the wheel. That is the brake line. Look for razor blade and cut it.
Oh ooh! Haba mana Mallam. Remember two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
Pickmycall:
Post your oga s number in your thread make men tackle am.
We are not allowed to have his number, we only have that of the lady doing HR work
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Omoawoke2(m): 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2023
How does this happen that someone will not get paid for 3 months and still working?

This really happens?

Like, is there no authority to report this?
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Omoawoke2(m): 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

We are not allowed to have his number, we only have that of the lady doing HR work

Drop her number here

This is pure wickedness and paying someone 25k is madness
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Omoawoke2(m): 1:23pm On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:

I mean, Do people really do 25k salary job in this country Or they are just joking about it

and to make things worst they can’t even pay their workers the nonsense salary without owning them undecided

Shior!!

Someone earning 25k reads this and feel so discouraged and empty.
Then the person goes into fraud and yahoo, then, he went to plus it. They told him to bring one person for rituals, the person finds you and use you for rituals.

Be careful what you wish for, karma works in mysterious ways

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by soccerlite: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2023
If dis no be format cos of previous thread

Then seek wisdom

They give you monthly work no offer letter 😆

From first month, half or no payment 😬

You were comfortable with 300 😟

Now you see him with tokunbo car, you are asking what to do

Your prison sentence go long

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by 123papas(m): 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
You and your guys should take him to the Justice Court https://thejusticecourt.com/connect/
Sunisonflex39:

I think this is a good idea
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Bizibi(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
Jennyclay:

I mean, Do people really do 25k salary job in this country Or they are just joking about it

and to make things worst they can’t even pay their workers the nonsense salary without owning them undecided

Shior!!
this must be an undergraduate.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by lagonovo: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good points but we always need to know the full details before analyzing situations like this.

I am 100% aware that for some businesses that's simply all they could afford to pay. Lots of small businesses in Nigeria are still running due to the generosity of the business owner who makes money from other ventures. When it's time to pay salary, they borrow the company some money since there is not enough to fulfil salary obligations. The alternative is to shut down the business.

I have always advocated that small business owners should only hire contract staff who are paid via profit sharing with full transparency on the full cost of running the business. When the business gets more profit you earn more, the business makes less you make less.

Jennyclay:

Shior!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Chigozie321: 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

Sent you a mail sir
I just responded to you.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Mayeldah(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2023
He will soon carry your girlfriend inside the new car grin

Now they have left you behind.

I no get advise for you o, the one wey dey mind if I talk am, earthquake will happen in Gaza.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by phemmyfour: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

What if he got the car on loan

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Vijuchoco(f): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
JASONjnr:
If I was in your shoes, I'd get his number and forward him a text...

The text: Good day sir, I am sending this text with a heavy heart and I pray it gets to you. Working with you was my most treasured moments and I did everything with a full heart. I never stole nor took advantage of lateness but delivered at all front. For the passed three months, you owed me and you refused to pay. You instead bought a new car and you never cared about the struggles and risk I took and the hunger. You stole my rights and used it to buy a car. I pray that, you have a terrible accident that no amount of money will heal you. The three months salary you owed, you will suffer all your life with it. Sir, I pray that God will reduce you to my level of suffering. Amen."
cheesy
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by dc23(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2023
Name the brand of water so we organize boycott campaign
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Hespee93: 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
Food, drinks and water business never goes down no matter how diminishing the country's economy is going.

Food and water are the most essecial part of life, no mater what people must eat and drink water.

In short, your boss a very wicked man.
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2023
Chigozie321:

I just responded to you.

Sent another with my phone number sir
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Kingbuhari(m): 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2023
If you take part in voting for Buhari twice and now Tinubu due to ethnic sentiment.. then carry Ur cross but if u didn't ... May God assist you

25k as salary?? This country is under curse

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ELIZADE University Recruiting In Several Positions / I Got A Fantastic Job Through Nairaland / Eko Electricity Distribution Graduate Trainee Programme 2018 Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.