Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour (44218 Views)

5-Year Marriage Experience: Lessons Learnt & Knowledge Acquired / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by mastermaestro(m): 12:29pm On Nov 02, 2023
99thEnemy:

In summary: "Don't start a fight you can't finish."

grin grin grin

Exactly o. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by FreeStuffsNG: 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2023
georgeakins:

I don't support your action. Don't allow anyone that dent your car to go scot free. He must repair it, especially if he does not show remorse.
Not with Korope. Forget it. Just delay him and report him at their garage for appropriate disciplinary action. It's not worth it with those guys especially when you know that you are well off and you have important appointments to keep. Write down his korope number and take pictures, follow up and write off the bill.
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by nairayouthcom(m): 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2023
Sirchiboy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUjUYaCxrds?si=DWeFIPBxC1p_ye3Q

It is better to be a coward and stay alive than to die trying to be a hero.
Violence won't take you anywhere.
Learn to be at peace with everyone even if you are right or wrong.
No need to drag with anyone.

It does not take anything from you.

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7897064/neighbor-shot-dead-nyc-dad#126737273

Imagine, man brings ordinary mouth to gun battle

RIP to them
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Ten06(m): 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2023
quadraheem:
In addition, the suspect in this dirty drama will now be full of regret and the remaining of his life will never be the same again.
He will be confined and not be able to do whatever he wishes again in his life.
People need to make a choice between staying home with your family or spending the rest of your life behind bars if not sentenced to death.
If truly you know the consequence of an action is not going to be good, why carry out the action.?
May God continue to protect us from all evils.

Easier said than done.
If it is so easy to handle negative situations very well most of us would have been hero by now.
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by yahoodetector: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2023
YorubaPrince:
Akata pple are very similar to Igbo pple.

They're too emotional and don't think deeply before acting. To them, everything is arrogance and violence. undecided

At least Igbo people are not cowards like your people

1 Like

Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by YorubaPrince: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2023
yahoodetector:

At least Igbo people are not cowards like your people

It's ONLY a foolish man that refers to patience as cowardice. grin

You wonder why una foolishness nearly wiped y'all out in 1967.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by davillian(m): 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2023
laivwire:

And so he should lunge at the attacker? What are you guys saying? Walking away was a way to diffuse the situation. Your best defence from a gunman is to create as much distance between you both as much as possible. Better yet, walks backwards, but turning his back shows he is no longer interested in the confrontation and that makes the crime more premeditated.

I hope you also read that the attacker went to the two prone bodies and fired off at least 2 more shots execution style.
Walking a away is telling the shooter he can't shoot even with a gun in his hand grin grin grin....
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
A cowards will be sitting in house one day and points where heroes once lives and buried.
Hmmmmmmmmm

This is deep
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
quadraheem:
In addition, the suspect in this dirty drama will now be full of regret and the remaining of his life will never be the same again.
People need to make a choice between staying home with your family or spending the rest of your life behind bars if not sentenced to death.
If truly you know the consequence of an action is not going to be good, why carry out the action.?

Suspect has been killed
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Kevineleven(m): 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2023
laivwire:

And so he should lunge at the attacker? What are you guys saying? Walking away was a way to diffuse the situation. Your best defence from a gunman is to create as much distance between you both as much as possible. Better yet, walks backwards, but turning his back shows he is no longer interested in the confrontation and that makes the crime more premeditated.

I hope you also read that the attacker went to the two prone bodies and fired off at least 2 more shots execution style.

He made a grave mistake by walking away.
You don't let anyone draw his weapon successfully in close range.
The moment you get into an argument be prepared for violence, try to anticipate the next move of your opponent and be ready to defend against it.
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2023
Built2last:
You see short people without neck.

Avoid them

E get why.
grin grin grin
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by SIXTEENTH(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2023
Persephone1:
Hmmmmmmmmm

This is deep

Deep and a true quotes
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by WantsandMore: 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2023
DonroxyII:
It's Never a Sane Clime ... Na you ni dey respect your own world!

Where evil no dey no exist except "Heaven" Where God dey live!
lol...people don't care about sarcasm and other literary devices nowadays. angry
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Boc007(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2023
richeeyo:
Ontop noise ooo, the shooter would be forever in a noisy place

He’s dead already. Shot yesterday by the police.
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by VULCAN(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2023
No words of condolence for the family left behind.

No lessons in how to de-escalate conflict.

Just mockery against Japa crew.

I can smell your envy all the way from here.

Starboytwo:
Pls Jakpa crew, kindly dont mention "security of life" blah blah when casting aspersion on Nigeria.

As it is, your neighbor will shoot you and your son when you jamming that loud Asake music or those early morning worship songs.

A gun man will ruthlessly gun you down when your shopping at a mall cuz he is angry.
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by WantsandMore: 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

They have never been sane and the US itself never pretended it is so when their society GOP made laws that give rights to buy assort rifles to even people with poor mental health. It is only the low self-esteemed Nigerians with inferiority complex who coined that phrase 'sane society' in their complex. US has the highest level of mass shootings in the whole world and life is so cheap there!
people who coin those terms are disappointed in your hot takes sad
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by obesse: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2023
seandurse:
Hard guy, hard guy, that's how it ends o. Na mumu get peace of mind pass. You abuse them, they smile at you, you praise them, they smile at you
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by VEHINTOLAR: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2023
Sunnyhillsfarms:
He's been shot dead too
Really ? Can you give a detail about it,please ?
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by yahoodetector: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2023
YorubaPrince:

It's ONLY a foolish man that refers to patience as cowardice. grin

You wonder why una foolishness nearly wiped y'all out in 1967.

Obasanjo an Igbo man told a group of yoruba traditional rulers that thry don't have respect and ordered them to stand up and great him.

I wonder what they are patiently planning for him

Just like Kwankwaso told Yoruba monarchs to "shut up" when he visited them after the upheaval between Hausas and Yorubas in Lagos where Hausa youths sacked a whole Yoruba community and sent some of the residents running to Benin Republic grin grin

This happened in 2016 or thereabout...I wonder what they are "patiently" planning for him cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by DonroxyII: 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2023
WantsandMore:
lol...people don't care about sarcasm and other literary devices nowadays. angry
Na hunger!
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by DjRickyNG: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2023
quadraheem:

He's dead already. Killed by police in a shootout after this incident
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by charlsecy(m): 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2023
quadraheem:
the suspect in this dirty drama will now be full of regret and the remaining of his life will never be the same again.
The criminal Jason Pass has been shot dead by cops after lunging at them with a knife while on the run for killing father and step-son over noise complaint.
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by obesse: 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2023
Built2last:
You see short people without neck.

Avoid them

E get why.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by obesse: 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
One lesson I've learnt about in this life is that--Ive got no time to argue with anyone any longer.....

If you think and believe you're right,then you're definitely right and it doesn't concern me..
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by gidjah(m): 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2023
bid4rich [sup:
[/sup]post=126745330]Sometimes people don't realise that they have only one life to live, especially in US.

Many have been killed in the process of heated argument at gun point yet never learnt from those who had died in the process..

You have onli one life to live, avoid devil possessed with gun. Respect ya life
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by WantsandMore: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2023
DonroxyII:
Na hunger!
God Epp Us
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Ambber(f): 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2023
Sunnyhillsfarms:
He's been shot dead too
by cops or another deranged fellow?
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by donbenie(m): 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2023
Wisereborn:
Na one person go open this thread, come use him many moniker dey comment almost the same thing oooo undecided smh

Small time them go use bot generate many likes for useless comments undecided chai smh
Generate likes,them dey pay them for likes?
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by gidjah(m): 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2023
You are right sir, I observed lately that this Hollywood Nollywood and Asian movies men have watched overtime comes back to hunt them mentally, it evovles into psychological traumatic package wishing or seeking to be played out in ones reality. So we think we can die twice or even thrice with second chance at our disposal.This is quite satanic and it is a national issue as we speak.thats why you see people bring fantasy into marriage not understanding that Marriage is a work that must be worked out.
bid4rich [sup:
[/sup]post=126745330]Sometimes people don't realise that they have only one life to live, especially in US.

Many have been killed in the process of heated argument at gun point yet never learnt from those who had died in the process..

You have onli one life to live, avoid devil possessed with gun. Respect ya life
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Starboytwo(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2023
VULCAN:
No words of condolence for the family left behind.

No lessons in how to de-escalate conflict.

Just mockery against Japa crew.

I can smell your envy all the way from here.

no condolence here man. The condolence is reserved for the victims down here. Over there is not my jurisdiction.

Before the week ends, another man will enter a store and kill a dozen innocent people..

Normal level over there.
Re: Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour by Fugazy2023: 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2023
georgeakins:

I don't support your action. Don't allow anyone that dent your car to go scot free. He must repair it, especially if he does not show remorse.

I wasn't expecting everyone to support my action. I do only what gives me peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girl born with an Arabic inscription in Sokoto / My Husband Is A General Overseer But Sleeps With His Prayer Partners / After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.