Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

John Terry Vows To Clear His Name Over Anton Ferdinand Racism Claim! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / John Terry Vows To Clear His Name Over Anton Ferdinand Racism Claim! (824 Views)

John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand / John Terry Set For Trial In Anton Ferdinand Race Case / John Terry To Be Charged Over Anton Ferdinand Race Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John Terry Vows To Clear His Name Over Anton Ferdinand Racism Claim! by Relax101(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2011
It is understood that Ferdinand was minded on Monday night to take the incident further, but wanted to sleep on it ahead of talks with Warnock on Tuesday lunchtime at QPR’s Harlington training base.
QPR have made it clear that they will back Ferdinand if he does complain to the Football Association, while Chelsea remain firmly behind Terry in his denial of using racist language. Last night Terry said: "I'll do whatever it takes to clear my name. I don't have anything to hide. I'm not taking that level of abuse.
"Anton and I spoke for 10 minutes in the dressing room after the game and there is no issue between us. It's finished."
Metropolitan Police said last night they had received an e-mailed complaint from a member of the public, which will be looked at by Hammersmith and Fulham Police.
Ferdinand, who is the brother of England vice-captain Rio, spoke with officials at QPR yesterday about the incident and will be accompanied by an adviser at today’s meeting with Warnock. PFA representative Bobby Barnes spoke yesterday to QPR players close to the incident. PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor might be called to intervene.
RELATED ARTICLES
Terry fails to show at reptile shop event 25 Oct 2011
FA consider charging Villas-Boas 24 Oct 2011
Ferdinand meets QPR over Terry racism claim 24 Oct 2011
The flashpoint took place in the 85th minute of QPR’s surprise 1-0 win over Chelsea. Terry seemed to be shouting at Ferdinand, with footage of the incident published on the internet, followed by a flurry of comment on Twitter.
It appeared that Terry mouthed the words ‘you ----- black ----’. Terry quickly became aware of the internet footage and, at about 9.45pm on Sunday night, issued a statement in which he categorically denied using racist language.
He said that he thought Ferdinand had accused him of making a racist slur and “responded aggressively, saying that I never used that term”.
Chelsea sources suggest that he only used the offending words as part of a longer sentence denying that he had made a racist comment.
Terry’s agent did not respond yesterday to a request for clarification of the specific words that the England captain believed he used as well as the context of the sentence. The FA also refused to comment on the incident, but could still launch an investigation even if Ferdinand decides not to make a formal complaint.

Watch the video here and decide.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8847166/John-Terry-vows-to-clear-his-name-over-Anton-Ferdinand-racism-claim.html

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea Complete Oscar Signing. / Manchester United & Manchester City Both Lost Their Matches Today / Gattuso, Nesta, Inzaghi To Retire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.