Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. (8900 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Between Islam And Christianity, Which Is The MOST Intolerant? / Similarities Between Islam And Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by habumaks(m): 10:10am On Oct 29, 2011
I know you will come here with normal bullsh/t about Islam and terrorism bla bla , 
I am a Muslim, I don’t believe in terrorism, some extremist are using Islam to carry out heinous crimes against humanity, which I see myself as act of terrorism and un-Islamic. I practice my religion according my own understanding of it. Does that make me a terror? I dont give a s#/t about what you think of me!

@Aloy this ^^^^is what i wrote up there.

Oluwatoyin was murdered by the likes of Darne and Habumak because from the vitriolic comments they made here, it is obvious they won't spare my head if I piss or fart on the quran.

And you said this^^^ about me?

If u do what u mentioned up there i will preach to u instead (if i have your audience) and make u realise  the consequences of what u have done.

Btw i will never dat to your Bible. Got that?
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by aloyemeka1: 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2011
habumaks:

If u do what u mentioned up there i will preach to u instead (if i have your audience) and make u realise  the consequences of what u have done.

You fail to understand that in Christianity, there are no consequences of pissing, pooping, torching or even tearing the bible. We are not blood thirsty Mohammedians who look for every opportunity to take a life. How will you preach to me if you see me desecrating the quran?. By threatening me with a machete or actually chopping my head off with it?. Since when do muslims start preaching the gospel?.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by habumaks(m): 8:53pm On Oct 29, 2011
aloy/emeka:

You fail to understand that[b] in Christianity, there are no consequences of pissing, pooping, torching or even tearing the bible. We are not blood thirsty Mohammedians who look for every opportunity to take a life. How will you preach to me if you see me desecrating the quran?. By threatening me with a machete or actually chopping my head off with it?. Since when do muslims start preaching the gospel?.

Do u still call it [b]Holy
Bible? Is holy not the same thing as sacred?

Are u sure u even believe your socalled bible?
SMH
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by aloyemeka1: 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2011
habumaks:

Do u still call it Holy Bible? Is holy not the same thing as sacred?

Are u sure u even believe your socalled bible?
SMH

Holy is not the same thing as scared bro. Try again.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by habumaks(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2011
ho·ly Adjective
1. Dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose; sacred: "the Holy Bible"; "the holy month of Ramadan".
2. (of a person) Devoted to the service of God: "saints and holy men".
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
^^

Mr, stop deceicing yourself. there is absolutely nothing HOLY about the Quran.

The Quran is simply a book of stories and fables , all mixed up into one huge concoction of confusion and misdirection.

Do you know that many so called Holy stories in the Quran are derived from the satanic book called the Talmud, also from gnostic stories and pagan sources.

Please do the research for yourself.

You have been hoodwinked.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Lantean(m): 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
Mr, stop deceicing yourself. theer is absolutely nothing HOLY about the Quran.

The Quran is simply a book of stories and fables , all mixed up into one huge concoctionof confusion and misdirection.

Do you know that many so called Holy stories in the Quran are derived from the satanic book called the Talmud, also from gnostic stories and pagan sources.

@ frosbel: And your source is, ?
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Lantean(m): 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2011
@ frosbel:
By the way, have you Read the Holy Qur'an? EVER
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2011
^^

I have a brand new copy , a gift from my arab pal.

It is kept safe under lock and key for reference.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by habumaks(m): 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
frosbel:

^^

Mr, stop deceicing yourself. theer is absolutely nothing HOLY about the Quran.

The Quran is simply a book of stories and fables , all mixed up into one huge concoctionof confusion and misdirection.

Ignored.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by habumaks(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2011
Lantean:

@ frosbel:
By the way, have you Read the Holy Qur'an? EVER

Didnt u notice that i was arguing with Aloy about Bible being called a Holy book but not being treated as "holy"? And the hediot tried to change the direction of the argument?

I guess he enjoys saying bad things about Qur'an that is why he didnt bother to even understand the argument.

I ask again: Is Holy not the same as sacred? PS: This about the Bible not any book.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by TBrownAuto(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2011
You people are just flooding the thread both Christain and Muslim are religion like others for the fact that you have high follower do not mean you are the best religion on earth the funiest of all british brought chritainity to Nigeria the so call west are diabolic they hardly attend church they are in all yupe of cult.

God say he know his people many were called few choosen are you among the few kettles calling pot black that what you are Chritain and Muslim you are the problem to the world God forgive me many pastor and alfa today are theif I qoute again Theif
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Mwankpy: 6:29am On Dec 05, 2012
ebogentle: I know that the person/prophet called Abraham in the bible is also known as Ibrahim in the Qur'an.
So also are the following pairs of names,
Aaron, Harun or Haruna
Zachariah, Zakari, Zikr, Sikiru
Job, Ayub or Ayuba
Isaac, Ishaq or Isiaku or Isiaka son of Abraham/Ibrahim
Ishmael, Ismail or Ismaila, or Samaila son of Abraham/Ibrahim
John, Yahaya
Jonah, Yunus or Yunusa or Yinusa
Solomon, Suleiman or Sulaiman, or Sule
Lot, Lut
Moses, Musa

Islam is Mohammed's answer to the Jewish claim of being Abrahm's first born and Chosen people. It is simply Arab nationalism tailored to dominate the world as different from Judaism which is meant to make Jews "special people" from the rest of the world. Mohammed is a religious politician and the Bin Ladens and Boko Harams are his military enforcers but some gullible ones among us genuinely believe it is a faith worth following. Goodluck to them.
Adam, Adam or Adamu

Even the angels,
Gabriel, Jibril
Michael, Mikail
Israel, Asrail

Even the women,

Mary, Mariam
Eve, Hauwa

What i don't understand is why we disagree more than we agree when there is clearly a lot in common in our scriptures.
Plus One came from Europe and the other came from middle east. One might use the word "imported religions" and yet Nigerians are killing and hating themselves.

mchew!

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Mwankpy: 6:34am On Dec 05, 2012
habumaks:

Muslims would be my friends if they had this disposition of yours. They would be almost like Christians. In fact I would then believe that indeed we are worshipping the same God. Killing your fellow man in the name of Allah is greatest cowardice anyone can demonstrate, and misguided Muslims have come to adopt this pattern of cowardice as a virtue.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by ebogentle(m): 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=Mwankpy][/quote]
Mwankpy, if you are going to quote me, can you at least quote me exactly? How can you edit my quote, insert your own opinion and still leave it as my quote? Is that fair? Is that the christian thing to do? I believe you are a decent person.Please quote me correctly or remove the post. Thank you.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by ebogentle(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mwankpy, Just to be clear the first post below is my original post.

I know that the person/prophet called Abraham in the bible is also known as Ibrahim in the Qur'an.
So also are the following pairs of names,
Aaron, Harun or Haruna
Zachariah, Zakari, Zikr, Sikiru
Job, Ayub or Ayuba
Isaac, Ishaq or Isiaku or Isiaka son of Abraham/Ibrahim
Ishmael, Ismail or Ismaila, or Samaila son of Abraham/Ibrahim
John, Yahaya
Jonah, Yunus or Yunusa or Yinusa
Solomon, Suleiman or Sulaiman, or Sule
Lot, Lut
Moses, Musa
Adam, Adam or Adamu

Even the angels,
Gabriel, Jibril
Michael, Mikail
Israel, Asrail

Even the women,

Mary, Mariam
Eve, Hauwa

What i don't understand is why we disagree more than we agree when there is clearly a lot in common in our scriptures.
Plus One came from Europe and the other came from middle east. One might use the word "imported religions" and yet Nigerians are killing and hating themselves.

mchew!

As you can see, you added something in the middle and you made it look like that was my opinion. Again I beg of you, be decent and remove the post or atleast put your opinion in the proper context which is a comment outside the quote. Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by TheIkoro(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
lagerwhenindoubt:
grin aloy/emeka is secretly plotting the establishment of ChrisLam in Nigeria grin

For the Son of Man became a poo, and thereby saw; and (that you may have him
known as being a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners) you behold, and
know his to be "Leslam." And now the Son of Man is sir, but even then to thee still loo (that you may say
of him not only, "He has a demon;" but also, "He is beside himself"wink you behold, and know his to be "ChrisLam."

From the "evil ideology" that quite a number would it be, to the "Bibilari" that is all some others could see;
Truly, truly, I say unto thee: Until all righteousness is fulfilled, the ball will indeed be kicked often enough to dribble, if possible,
even the very elect.

- Adedotun The Ikoro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What’s So Good About Good Friday? / Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? / Atheists Are More Intelligent ‘because They Overcome The Instinct Of Religion'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.