Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (8993 Views)

Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2011
gaffer:

What have they (NFF)  achieved so far, sacking and hiring new coaches? Simly Nothing

Christain Chukwu sacked!
Amodu Sacked!
Eguavoen sacked!
Lars Lagerback sacked!
Siasia about to be sacked!
Very soon Keshi and Oliseh not good enough to coach Eagles
These arrant nonsense wont take us anywhere!
Siasia is the most experience coach we have in naija for now.
lets give him second chance to get things done. I believe in come back.
Eagles will bounce back big time.

Not wanting to attract curses from Football followers on NL, but this current crop of SE IMHO should be gradually phased-out and a younger team groomed for greater football glory in the future. If Nigerian Super Eagles of today are talking about immense pressure over a game with Guinea of all teams in Africa shocked Haba!! have we fallen so low. I remember back in the days, if we were group with any nation in the class of Angola, Guinea, Mali etc it was simply a walk-over game - peanuts!, now we start strategizing and making high-wire calls to Presidency and Task-force for ordinary Guinea. Haba! How low we have sunk. The players must dump their weaves and tatoos and stopid Expensive BeatsByDre headphones and get to work. The Team is Coach+11 Players +Reserves not just the Coach on his own. abi na him dey play inside field
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Challas(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2011
If siasia is a honourable man as he wants us 2 blv,he should respect his contract and resign, Cameroun has just signed a new coach and NFF is still confused about siasia, TIME NO DEY!!!IF THE NFF AND SIASIA CAN NO LONGER UNDERSTAND D TERMS OF THEIR AGREEMENT,THEY SHOULD GET AN ENGLISH PROFESSOR TO DO THAT FOR THEM, WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE,
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by fayawo: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2011
Patience and proper management are two words many Nigerians and NFF do not have in their dictionary.We want to build rome in a day! Because SiaSia didnt qualify the team he was sacked;in our usual way of doing things ,we will bring new hands again to come start the building from the scratch,once those ones fail again they will be sacked again and we will keep repeating the same thing we have done in the past.

Brazil and other top teams across the world knows about grooming from the base, without a proper foundation,NOTHING good can come out of all the Obafemi, Mikel Obi,

We need to build a new team and restore discipline in Super Chickens! Give Siasia a chance and some time to figure this out NFA(No Future Ambition),

The only good thing that Nigeria is known for across the world has been destroyed all in the name of politics
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Any World-Class Coach could not qualify for Koshofe Lagos Island Cup using the bunch of non-committed, out-skilled and out-matched players SIASIA had to work with

These same players were what Amodu used in qualifying us for both nations and world cup, so look for another excuse.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dammytosh: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
SOMETHING IS WRONG GENERALLY WITH NIGERIAN FOOTBALL.

THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE AND THE FOOLS AT THE GLASS HOUSE THROWING STONES SHOULD ALL BE SHOWN THEIR WAY OUT.

FEMALE FOOTBALL
SUPER EAGLES
CLUB FOOTBALL

SO ALL THIS NA SIASIA's FAULT.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by cchampme(m): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2011
i hope one day we will really be eagles and fly above the ground level and stop playing like chickens without a destination
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by 1forall: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2011
freshcvv:

These same players were what Amodu used in qualifying us for both nations and world cup

You're joking right?
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2011
^^^

Do i look like i am joking? even Amodu's players then were worse than what Siasia had in his possession, not to talk of all the media and NFF's support.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by 2sexy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2011
Everyone who said they want Siasia to stay, may God bless you. Whoever want him out I have question for you: what have you achieved for Nigeria? Can you do better than Siaone?

No wonder they say talk is cheap. It is easier said than done. . . Bla bla bla rubbish they talk on like senseless parrot.

A bunch of them are already complaining that keshi or Oliseh is not qualified or the right coach for Nigeria.

But just remember that whatever you wish Nigeria will always come back to you because its what you wish yourself.

It was the same case during the presidencial election. Now they are complaining about GEJ not performing. I thank God that I never Voted for that man and I don't have any regret now. I didn't vote because I don't take decisions based sentiments but by logical reasoning.

Most of this folks are too myopic to see the future and hence, they throw the future generation into abysmal darkness.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by 2sexy(m): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2011
Everyone who said they want Siasia to stay, may God bless you. Whoever want him out I have question for you: what have you achieved for Nigeria? Can you do better than Siaone?

No wonder they say talk is cheap. It is easier said than done. . . Bla bla bla rubbish they talk on like senseless parrot.

A bunch of them are already complaining that keshi or Oliseh is not qualified or the right coach for Nigeria.

But just remember that whatever you wish Nigeria will always come back to you because its what you wish yourself.

It was the same case during the presidencial election. Now they are complaining about GEJ not performing. I thank God that I never Voted for that man and I don't have any regret now. I didn't vote because I don't take decisions based sentiments but by logical reasoning.

Most of this folks are too myopic to see the future and hence, they throw the future generation into abysmal darkness.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2011
2sexy:

SHUT YOUR MOUTH ALREADY, WE NEVER FAILED TO QUALIGY FOR THE NATIONS CUP FOR 25YRS UNTIL SIASIA TOOK OVER, SO WHAT USELESS THING ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HERE? IS SIASIA DOING THE FUCKING THING FOR FREE? FOR YOUR INFO, HE WAS EARNING 5 MILLION NAIRA, YET COULDN'T EVEN QUALIFY, THOSE WHO EARNED LIKE 1 MILLION (4 TIMES LESSER THAN WHAT HE'S EARNING) DID THE JOB FOR US. (AMODU, CHUKWU), SO SHUT UP AGAIN I SAY.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Okijajuju1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2011
Keshi and Oliseh are not better than Samson Siasia!!

Let me repeat:: Keshi and Oliseh are not better than Samson Siasia,

I think it is time that we as Nigerians realize that we are not unbeatable. Siasia we would all agree has rebranded our attacking style. The issue isnt that we cant score goals, its the fact that we cant defend our goals. We need to give him time. This is the time we should spend building a team from scratch.

If we are going to fire Siasia, then his replacement had better be a foreign coach. Just saying!!
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2011
They are not better than Siasia because we need people who are reasonable here not some sentimental adults running around the internet.

why is siasia better than keshi?
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by tit(f): 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2011
siasia should never have been employed as the coach of the super eagles.
he had only worked with <s> over</s>aged teams and did not have any positive record of achievement with full blown teams.
i was surprised he was taken over keshi who had coached and qualified togo for the world cup from nowhere.

i disliked keshi's antics as a player/skipper of the super eagles. he nearly kept chidi nwanu (who contributed a lot to the success of our 94 world cup campaign) out of the team.
i guess being coach/selector of the super eagles is his natural domain. if he likes let him use 22 delta boys. if he gets results, no wahalla. if he messes up, then he is shown the door too. i hope oliseh is not foisted on him.

siasia has himself to blame for not using players that can get him/nigeria results against a lowly team like guinea. the first thing any leader knows is to get those who can go the extra mile for him. and sometimes you have to motivate recalcitrant ones.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Okijajuju1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2011
freshcvv:

They are not better than Siasia because we need people who are reasonable here not some sentimental adults running around the internet.

And we need people to obe polite to others not testosterone driven children,

You think Keshi is better than Siasia because he took Mali to the Worldcup abi?! Tell me Keshis Achievements in competition football and lets see the pedigree of teams that he has had to defeat in his career, Yeah!! Even the teams he had to beat to get Mali to the Worldcup!
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2011
Okija_juju:

And we need people to obe polite to others not testosterone driven children,

You think Keshi is better than Siasia because he took Mali to the Worldcup abi?! Tell me Keshis Achievements in competition football and lets see the pedigree of teams that he has had to defeat in his career, Yeah!! Even the teams he had to beat to get Mali to the Worldcup!

VERY childish way to respond to questions, i wouldn't bother myself going too lengthy on you.

kindly provide answers to my questions since you came up with the "kESHI NOT BETTER THAN SIASIA LINE"
in what ways are they on par or in what way is siasia better than keshi?

waiting, sad
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by mallorca(m): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2011
Siasia should not only be sacked but Fined, yeye Coach
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by cchampme(m): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2011
na wetin dey tire me be this, no ideology, nothing to build on, one person make mistake the only solution is to remove him. Michael Faraday tried 99 times, it was the 100 time that he was successful with his world supporting invention today(electricity). so i dont understand why NFF keep thinking that replacement s the solution.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dayokanu(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2011
Good decision to sack Siasia.

He should honour his contractual obligation and resign honourably
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by lagos26: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2011
The name of the game is hire and fire. Nigeria's national team
is not a place for babies or "I'm learning kind of coach.
Siasia was giving a long term contract of 4yrs with a mandate
to qualify for the ANC and take us to at least the q/finals. But
then, he just couldn't scale the test of qualifying so why leave him
there?
Keshi on the other hand is a much more experienced coach coupled
with the intelligence of an Oliseh. Me think they would succeed.
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2011
@cchampme

so we should let him experiment and play the big boy 99 times right?
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Gbenge77(m): 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2011
Okija_juju:

Keshi and Oliseh are not better than Samson Siasia!!

Let me repeat:: Keshi and Oliseh are not better than Samson Siasia,

I think it is time that we as Nigerians realize that we are not unbeatable. Siasia we would all agree has rebranded our attacking style. The issue isnt that we cant score goals, its the fact that we cant defend our goals. We need to give him time. This is the time we should spend building a team from scratch.

If we are going to fire Siasia, then his replacement had better be a foreign coach. Just saying!!
In this case,time is a luxury which we cant afford.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by NkemPeter: 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2011
Siasia is not competent to handle a senior team yet. When he took over as Heartland manager, he crashed the team from No. 2 in Africa then to No. 12 in Nigeria. He is too petty. In less than one year, the foreign manager at Heartland now has cleared the mess Siasia left there and has won a trophy.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by vislabraye(m): 6:04pm On Oct 27, 2011
Shuaibu is still better than Keshi. He is one of the best coaches Nigeria has produced but NFF does not realize that.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by ortopazz(m): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2011
I dnt c dose 2 blending, buh, If keshi tks ova Nija go chnge, buh I blv siasssysia is stil d man 4 nw
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Dsage1: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2011
But why ar some pple sti wnt NFF to retain Siasia who fail to qualify for ordinary AFCON.Wen he was appointed,Eagle sti ve 80% chances of qualify 4 d tournamnt.Egueavon is not d causes of his failure but his inability to won Ethopia&Guinea match.we wud ve qualify,if he beat Guinea by alone goal/not conceeded dat stupid late equalizing goal.Some pple here says dey shud giv him yrs to build a team,wch team?we ve been spendng huge amount of money on dis team since Sia1 took ova without any result.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2011
freshcvv:

And Why is keshi better than siasia? Una dey make me laugh atimes. he didnt qualify us for the AFCON so what? Is that enough reason to bring in keshi? If keshi is as good as you guys are making him look,why is he where he is today? The less said about Oliseh,the better! If siasia goes,then someone much better than him should come in not some freaking also-rans!
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by Riodiao(m): 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2011
Iv always said sunday Oliseh should be given a try. He was a very fine,hardworkin player,veri dedicated. He's nigerias best eva Defensive midfilder.If he was 25 now he'll b playing for top clubs like chelsea,madrid,bayern. He's experience is invaluable. He coachd a belgian div 2 club side.Technically he'll b a gud manager.Iv neva liked siasia,as a manager he cant balance attack and defence.And thats what caused nigeria against Guinea.He failed 2 Qualify us for d nations cup and should b sacked.England sacked Steve maclaren after they failed to qualify 4 Euros. NFF SACK SIASIA,PLS NO EXCUSES.ill b veri dissapointed if he stays on
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by omar22(m): 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2011
If siasia is a honourable man as he wants us 2 blv,he should respect his contract and resign,

Where does it say in its contract that he should resign before the end of his contract?

If keshi is that good how come he hasnt got a job since he got fired by Mali last year
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2011
^^ His contract gave him a mandate to take us to the nations cup Semi finals and he failed to do that.
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by freshcvv(m): 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2011
Zeddicus:

And Why is keshi better than siasia? Una dey make me laugh atimes. he didnt qualify us for the AFCON so what? Is that enough reason to bring in keshi? If keshi is as good as you guys are making him look,why is he where he is today? The less said about Oliseh,the better! If siasia goes,then someone much better than him should come in not some freaking also-rans!

Are you okija_juju's bodyguard or what exactly is your case here? he raised the issue of keshi not being better than siasia and i challenged him to come up with reasons, same thing he did is what you are doing right now, noise making, instead of explaining why you think siasia is better than keshi, you're here springing up excuses.

for your info, siasia's lack of good tactical approach to crucial games can all be seen watching most of the matches he handled or recent.

heartland
juth fc
bayelsa united

all these three teams, people kept making excuses for him as to why he failed woefully handling these clubs.

same with the u20 in Egypt lets call a spade a spade, siasia's not a competent coach, he should be made to keep handling under 40, sorry under 20 teams.

i repeat again, keshi is miles better than siasia, keshi coached 2 african countries and he achieved with them both, now where's siasia? what can you really attribute to his name? he failed to even pass common entrance, not to talk of junior waec, senior waec and jamb, if you can't pass common entrance (qualification), how then can you pass junior waec (nations cup), or senior waec (world cup qualification), abi na jamb he wan pass? (world cup?)
Re: Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia by dozai: 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2011
Keshi and Oliseh combo is a failure in the making. Both are bossy in nature. Like they say, 2 captains cannot be in a ship.
All said and done, their work has been cut short by Siasia. They only need to get 2 hard defenders, One spoiler in the MF and one playmaker. finish. The team is done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juju: Why Can't We Use It To Progress/win In The World Cup? / HIFL 2019: UNIUYO, UNICAL, ABU And KUST Advance To Next Round, DELSU Eliminated / Your Nigerian Footballer Of The Year 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.