Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,160 members, 7,856,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed (507 Views)

I'm Scared Of Marrying Her / My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / Help I'm Pregnant For A Married Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by kenwills(m): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2023
Good day everyone,
Please I need your advice!
A company based in Germany that I applied to recently approved my application for a job and they gave me an NDA document to sign before I begin. The excitement of securing my first job didn't make me read the terms well enough, so I just glanced through it a bit and signed.

When I sat down to review the documents again I felt very cold, shivery and worried about the implications of violating the terms. Because a penalty for mistaken violation could land me in a court far away and ruin my entire life and reputation with legal consequences. cry

I have been very skeptical about this issues, and I'm even afraid to even post anything about my skills on social media to avoid legal problems. I considered quiting the job for my mental health sake, but the legal terms I signed still binds me for about 6 years and it kind of restricts me from show casing my current skills publicly even if I choose to quit.

Please have you had any experience signing an NDA for a job as a worker, or as a freelancer?
Even if you haven't please I will like to have your advice on this.
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by Wujio: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
Calm yourself down abeg. We sign many of such from time to time. Get a lawyer and stop seeking attention angry
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by kenwills(m): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2023
Wujio:
Calm yourself down abeg. We sign many of such from time to time. Get a lawyer and stop seeking attention angry

Honestly It's not about seeking attention. The wordings is given me serious concerns being my first encounter and I don't know a lawyer close by.
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by psucc(m): 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
Why not resigned the appointment before taking the first salary?

1 Like

Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by Babangidapikin: 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
It's just a Non Disclosure Agreement... (NDA) ...standard practice so you don't disclose confidential information to third parties.

3 Likes

Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by Mindlog: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2023
kenwills:

Honestly It's not about seeking attention. The wordings is given me serious concerns being my first encounter and I don't know a lawyer close by.

What is the big deal about not disclosing what was stated in the agreement or are you the type that itch to share work related information?
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by LordReed(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2023
kenwills:
Good day everyone,
Please I need your advice!
A company based in Germany that I applied to recently approved my application for a job and they gave me an NDA document to sign before I begin. The excitement of securing my first job didn't make me read the terms well enough, so I just glanced through it a bit and signed.

When I sat down to review the documents again I felt very cold, shivery and worried about the implications of violating the terms. Because a penalty for mistaken violation could land me in a court far away and ruin my entire life and reputation with legal consequences. cry

I have been very skeptical about this issues, and I'm even afraid to even post anything about my skills on social media to avoid legal problems. I considered quiting the job for my mental health sake, but the legal terms I signed still binds me for about 6 years and it kind of restricts me from show casing my current skills publicly even if I choose to quit.

Please have you had any experience signing an NDA for a job as a worker, or as a freelancer?
Even if you haven't please I will like to have your advice on this.

Is it also a non-compete agreement? Some companies impose a duration of non-competing activities after disengagement as part of their job contracts, is that part of what you signed?
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2023
Always dey check docs before you sign..na so I almost subscribe for one Access bank package wey dem go dy deduct 6k monthly from my acct for the services. I think Access bank exclusive.dem don send me OTP,I had to go to google to read terms and conditions before I backed out.mind you, they never sent me the terms and conditions.
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by kenwills(m): 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2023
LordReed:

Is it also a non-compete agreement? Some companies impose a duration of non-competing activities after disengagement as part of their job contracts, is that part of what you signed?

No it wasn't part of what I signed just the NDA no non-compete.
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by LordReed(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2023
kenwills:

No it wasn't part of what I signed just the NDA no non-compete.

Then that NDA is probably unenforceable. However, take it to a lawyer to advice you.
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by kenwills(m): 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
LordReed:

Then that NDA is probably unenforceable. However, take it to a lawyer to advice you.

Alright thanks
I latter learnt that NDA's are different from NCA's(Non-compete agreement). I'll try to look around for a lawyer.
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by kenwills(m): 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2023
Mindlog:

What is the big deal about not disclosing what was stated in the agreement or are you the type that itch to share work related information?

Not really, I don't discuss that much being an introvert. I'm just skeptical as it is my first encounter with such.
Re: Help: I'm Scared Of The Job Document I Signed by kenwills(m): 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2023
Babangidapikin:
It's just a Non Disclosure Agreement... (NDA) ...standard practice so you don't disclose confidential information to third parties.

Thanks for your input.

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Recruitmaent Of Drivers/house Helps / Misconception About The Word CHILDREN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.