Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives (33546 Views)

Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos) / Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume / Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by iamoyindamola(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2023
Lmao grin grin
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Ladiesdoctor(m): 11:44am On Nov 04, 2023
Useless court case at its peak.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Dhoneymix(m): 11:44am On Nov 04, 2023
I want to visit that place for a documentary.

Meanwhile, allow me to laugh first grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Classicalman(m): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:
It is very demeaning, foolish and unreasonable for people to actually think that about a Tiv man.

But i want to make it clear for anyone who will want to come to Tiv land for such expedition to please for the peace of the family he travelled and left behind that he should please write his will before living home. It is very important.

A Tiv man doesn't play with his WIFE and food. Going close to a Tiv man's wife when he is fully aware is like talking badly against Mohammed when you're a Christian in Sokoto or Katsina or Jigawa State. You know the result.

A Tiv man DOES NOT give out his wife as souvenir to visitors. You will DIE!
LIES. STOP LYING

2 Likes

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Goldenchyke(m): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2023
Go to court and stop this injustice against WOMANITY

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by vannessa7(f): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2023
It's true, se.x is nothing special to them, nothing sacred, it's like food, go to Abuja and see their loose morals in their community. S.ex, meat, asun, pepper soup and alcohol are their staples

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Abefe89: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2023
The case what bringing up in the court of law, the public will henceforth know their stand against the allegation and whoever refuse to desists from such defamation shall face the full wreath of law and compensation shall be paid by such individual.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Enemyofpeace: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2023
They used to do, but they've now stopped. Na shame no wan gree them to admit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Tetraozonaitera: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2023
Omotaday:
Lol. One of the top cultural rumours during my Sec school days

It's not just a rumor. A tribe does it in Naija. A friend of mine experienced it. The wife of the business partner was offered to him and he could not do anything with her because he is a Christian.
I don't know if it was the Tiv.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Kukutente23: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2023
pocohantas:
No sensible person should believe such story.
Just like the story of Ngwa people eating humans. Sounds ludicrous.
Go there see if they won't chop you raw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Okechinwadike: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2023
they gave me, but not the first wife oooo.Lol

2 Likes

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:

They do give out their wives to visitors, although it was an age long practice. But they used to do it in the past.
Which age long practice that the Tiv elders themselves don't know but you who is not even a tiv person know?

2 Likes

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Kukutente23: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2023
RandomFellow:
E be like these ones done harvest their yams. Normally, these guys go to court after their harvests. If you provoke them, they wait till they harvest their crops, then take you to court grin grin cheesy
Another one
TIV people will go to court to prove you're lying against them grin grin grin
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Enemyofpeace: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:
It is very demeaning, foolish and unreasonable for people to actually think that about a Tiv man.

But i want to make it clear for anyone who will want to come to Tiv land for such expedition to please for the peace of the family he travelled and left behind that he should please write his will before living home. It is very important.

A Tiv man doesn't play with his WIFE and food. Going close to a Tiv man's wife when he is fully aware is like talking badly against Mohammed when you're a Christian in Sokoto or Katsina or Jigawa State. You know the result.

A Tiv man DOES NOT give out his wife as souvenir to visitors. You will DIE!
a liar spotted. I've lost count of the number of tiv married women wey I don fok. Sex means nothing to them, just like oyinbo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Abefe89: 11:50am On Nov 04, 2023
I love their defends, they should let the world knows about the allegation and their stand against it
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Calitoscassius(m): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2023
Really? What if their wives are ugilees?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Zooposki(f): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2023
As a woman I want make them offer me the husband. 😋😋😋

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2023
What's the difference between this particular alleged behaviour and people's wives and girlfriends doing hookup in certain region

Or Wives and husbands divorcing recklessly at the drop of a hat in some regions so that at middle age they have already had or exchanged multiple wives and husbands!
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 11:54am On Nov 04, 2023
Thundafireseun:
grin
Tiv umbrella abegggg I no wan laugh grin grin grin

Out of every rumours there is always an element of truth .....

This umbrella is just seeking attention...
The element of truth in it is that, the Tiv people are the most hospitable tribe in Nigeria, but given out their wives to visitors is just an exaggeration not facts

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by laivwire(m): 11:54am On Nov 04, 2023
I only know of TIV's strong pounded yam
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by bayocanny: 11:55am On Nov 04, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

It's not just a rumor. A tribe does it in Naija. A friend of mine experienced it. The wife of the business partner was offered to him and he could not do anything with her because he is a Christian.
I don't know if it was the Tiv.
Na dem jor, sex cheap pass pure water there.
Wetin my eyes see, mouth no fit talk am finish.

2 Likes

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by 90dbest: 11:56am On Nov 04, 2023
I think taking this issue to court proves that tiv people give their sense to visitors as well, not only wives, mumu tribe . They have not gone to court about Fulani herdsmen killing their people.

4 Likes

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by omoyankee3(m): 11:56am On Nov 04, 2023
I'll like to go amd visit some of the tiv members grin
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Eriokanmi: 11:56am On Nov 04, 2023
Omotaday:
Lol. One of the top cultural rumours during my Sec school days
Not rumours. It used to be a cultural practice in the olden days. But it was later given less consideration due to civilisation. A friend of mine once narrated a story similar to this. She even knows the people in her village and they're still alive till today.

The fulaniman who was the then guest later took the host's wife and she had 3 children for him. Both couple agreed to the arrangement though. They've lived for years without a child.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by bayocanny: 11:57am On Nov 04, 2023
Mrfeel:

The element of truth in it is that, the Tiv people are the most hospitable tribe in Nigeria, but given out their wives to visitors is just an exaggeration not facts
Lol, where do you get the statistics from?
They're far from being hospital.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 11:58am On Nov 04, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
a liar spotted. I've lost count of the number of tiv married women wey I don fok. Sex means nothing to them, just like oyinbo
You had sex with a Tiv woman and her husband was aware of it ? Kid lie small small
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Antoeni(m): 11:58am On Nov 04, 2023
But it's True, Tiv Men Entertain Viaitors with One of Their Wives

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by victorazyvictor(m): 11:58am On Nov 04, 2023
Taylor93:
Fvck wey don cost

Na wetin una dey use do colanut

grin

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by CpDroitz(m): 11:58am On Nov 04, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

These Tiv people really fall my hand. We all know that such accusation is false,why make their claims relevant.

The Tiv people have a more pressing issue, which is how to stop the killings in their area.

The genocide going on there should be their priority,not this. A man whose house is on fire don't go about chasing rat.

Because it has demoralised alot of our tiv brothers and sisters far and wide , and it has also created a bad image posing on our culture nd stigmatsation of tiv ladies willing to marry outside.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by stasius: 11:58am On Nov 04, 2023
I heard there is a plane crash now
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by justmondris: 11:58am On Nov 04, 2023
kestolove95:
But una dey give una wife to guess na..
They don't do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

85-Year-Old Emir Farouk Welcomes A Daughter With Young Wife (Pics) / Oodua beauty contestants At Ooni Ogunwusi Adeyeye's Palace (photos) / British Tottenham Choir Singing Yoruba song - Ise Oluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.