Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters (11856 Views)

No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by bestview: 10:23am On Oct 26, 2011
Former Gov Gbenga Daniels Legacy: Worst Primary School On Earth In Ogun State

http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-former-gov-gbenga-daniels-legacy-worst-primary-school-earth-ogun-state

Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Xfactoria: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2011
What in these pictures depict that this is in Ogun? Should we just take it because you said so?

If these pictures were culled from Saharareporters, you better not stick out your neck! It could be Benin Republic for all you care.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Gbawe: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2011
X-factoria:

What in these pictures depict that this is in Ogun? Should we just take it because you said so?

If these pictures were culled from Saharareporters, you better not stick out your neck! It could be Benin Republic for all you care.

That is not the point and you completely miss the mischief the OP wants to achieve with this post. The original title of the article is "Former Gov. Gbenga Daniel's Legacy- The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun State". This is an an article about misrule which can happen anywhere[b] and which we must all fight[/b] yet the usual irredeemable bigots would rather make this about "Yoruba" folks.

I just pity some people and the level to which hate has taken hold of their thinking entirely. Our leaders, from all corners of Nigeria, are busy eating together while only throwing us 'divide and conquer' crumbs that enable them get on with their looting. The substantive point is that Schools like this are all and will always be found in Nigeria because of misrulers like OGD, Uduaghan, Theodore orji et al. Anyone wishing to make this a Yoruba issue is just showing comprehension deficit and bigoted logic.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
what the ? Upon all these states dey spend on Education, dem still get this kind school? So, why not use the 2 billion which the state CLAIMS will go to textbooks, on this FIRST?? Do you not spend money building the house first before you decide on how best to furnish it??
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by jmaine: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2011
^

Kobo Hilarious icon again . . . laughter would barely allow me read your post . . . .

Back to the thread

I don't believe that this is Ogun state . . .Mischievous thread i must say . . . But the School is worryingly heart wrenching and hilarious cheesy
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by olabukola: 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
Up on the condition the kids are all happy and willing to learn.

Is that Nigerian Flag flying behind?

This is disturbing.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2011
O Lord, unto thee I commit my spirit! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2011
Who is the governor of Ogun state? angry
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Arosa(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2011
is this sukul in naija? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by olabukola: 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
A PDP gov. i guess. Nothing Gud comes from PDP.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by ak47mann(m): 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

what the ? Upon all these states dey spend on Education, dem still get this kind school? So, why not use the 2 billion which the state CLAIMS will go to textbooks, on this FIRST?? Do you not spend money building the house first before you decide on how best to furnish it??
[quote][/quote]Blood clot  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Gbawe: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2011
jmaine:

^

Kobo Hilarious icon again . . . laughter would barely allow me read your post . . . .

Back to the thread

I don't believe that this is Ogun state . . .Mischievous thread i must say . . . But the School is worryingly heart wrenching and hilarious  cheesy

It may be indeed Ogun State. Whether it is or not is not the main issue. The article is talking about the legacy of OGD's 8 year misrule of Ogun State. I personally believe it is Ogun State because the misrule of OGD was grossly ridiculous and damaging. He is not alone in repellent misrule and schools like these are probably in most Statess of Nigeria so it serves no purpose for anyone to hypocritically pretend this is a Yoruba problem. We saw similar images of Delta schools recently yet the State gets one of the largest allocation in Nigeria. Articles such as these should unite us to look at the hideous misrule of our leaders .
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Rgp92: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
Sh.it, is that a school? :O
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by hajifaty: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2011
these pictures looks like one of the schools in igboland or other part of Nigeria. Because the yorubas don't use this this kind of roofing only the igbos and their neighbor does
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2011
hajifaty:

these pictures looks like one of the schools in igboland or other part of Nigeria. Because the yorubas don't use this this kind of roofing only the igbos and their neighbor does

I was thinking the same thing.

Looks like Abia to me.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Areosapien(f): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2011
I cannot!
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
[size=14pt]This is a deep embarrassment to Nigeria!
Mods, please close this thread! Delete it![/size]
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2011
Beaf:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
[size=14pt]This is a deep embarrassment to Nigeria!
Mods, please close this thread! Delete it![/size]

don't be deceived,

2 months from now beaf wil be spamming the board with these images as evidence of the evil of acn
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
for all we know there are refugee delta state students there, just as in the case of ekiti
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2011
Thats the gift OGD and PDP gave to us ooo
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by edoyad(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
I'm one of the few who's seeing this from the 'half full' perspective. In a country where over 15million children might never see the inside of a class room, i don't think it's so bad. The kids look not too bad in their funny uniforms and their teachers look ok too. As long as they're taught well enough to pass their common entrance examinations into secondary school, then there's a chance for them.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
edoyad:

I'm one of the few who's seeing this from the 'half full' perspective. In a country where over 15million children might never see the inside of a class room, i don't think it's so bad. The kids look not too bad in their funny uniforms and their teachers look ok too. As long as they're taught well enough to pass their common entrance examinations into secondary school, then there's a chance for them.

true that - one of those kids could be president one day - at least they have slippers
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by musiwa43: 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2011
tear roll from my eyes, when i saw this pictures.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by realchange: 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
what   shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Revolutnz: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2011
If GEJ (without shoes as a kid and probably as an adult) can get a Phd and become the president of  Nigeria,then how much more with these kids (with shoes).I can see lots of presidents,senators,govs among these kids
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2011
Revolutnz:

[b]If GEJ (without shoes as a kid [/b]and probably as an adult) can get a Phd and become the president of  Nigeria,then how much more with these kids (with shoes).I can see lots of presidents,senators,govs among these kids
ROFLMAO
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by tpia5: 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2011
I dont see what the fuss is about here.

The school is in a rural area, looks cleaner than most bigger towns in nigeria, and obviously, is still under construction.

The bricks are arranged in such a way as to provide maximum ventilation in the summer heat, and there's a lot of space for kids to play soccer.

The photo with the unbuttoned shirt was taken during the lunch break most likely and that's why the children look dusty and the boy didnt button his shirt.

Anyone who schooled in nigeria should be familiar with that scenario unless they were rich.

the main problems here are the thatched roofs, and once the proper roofing is done, the entire school will look better.

i'm more interested in finding out what the overall testing results are for the place.

btw, are there any signs or something verifying the fact that this isnt all a pose for the camera?
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by danjohn: 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
On a more serious note, I know that it is easy to sensationalize this horrible looking school. However, we must remember that Nigeria is a poor country with limited resources. The three most important factors controllable by government are as follows:

1. The teacher
2. The curriculum
3. Teaching Aid (Notebooks, textbooks, Chalkboard, Pens etc).

As long as the above three are provided, any child can learn. It does not matter if a child is home schooled, as long as he or she has a good teacher, a solid curriculum, and good teaching aid, the child will excel. We must remember that Yaradua built brand new school buildings in Kastina but Kastina still had the worst Common Entrance and WAEC results in the country.

Nonetheless, this does not excuse the poor state of this school. The government has dropped the ball on education big time. To fix this, we must begin by bringing dignity back to the teaching profession and providing our kids with the tools they need to learn. Although I think that good teachers, strong curricula, and excellent teaching aids should be the first priority, our schools still need to be conducive places to learn. The roofing of that school for example will making it impossible students to learn during the raining season.

In Nigeria we have taken our standard of what should be the "bare minimum" to an extreme. The bare minimum for a school building should be good roofing with no leaks, hygienic environment, cross ventilation, chalk board, enough desks and chairs, and not more than X kids in a classroom. With that you are good to go. This school building falls below what the bare minimum should be and it is unfortunate.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Revolutnz: 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2011
If GEJ without shoes as a kid can become our president then there is hope for these poor village kids too
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2011
danjohn:

On a more serious note, I know that it is easy to sensationalize this horrible looking school. However, we must remember that Nigeria is a poor country with limited resources. The three most important factors controllable by government are as follows:

1. The teacher
2. The curriculum
3. Teaching Aid (Notebooks, textbooks, Chalkboard, Pens etc).

As long as the above three are provided, any child can learn. It does not matter if a child is home schooled, as long as he or she has a good teacher, a solid curriculum, and good teaching aid, the child will excel. We must remember that Yaradua built brand new school buildings in Kastina but Kastina still had the worst Common Entrance and WAEC results in the country.

Nonetheless, this does not excuse the poor state of this school. The government has dropped the ball on education big time. To fix this, we must begin by bringing dignity back to the teaching profession and providing our kids with the tools they need to learn. Although I think that good teachers, strong curricula, and excellent teaching aids should be the first priority, our schools still need to be conducive places to learn. The roofing of that school for example will making it impossible students to learn during the raining season.

In Nigeria we have taken our standard of what should be the "bare minimum" to an extreme. The bare minimum for a school building should be good roofing with no leaks, hygienic environment, cross ventilation, chalk board, enough desks and chairs, and not more than X kids in a classroom. With that you are good to go. This school building falls below what the bare minimum should be and it is unfortunate.

All that typing but in the end you still concede to the fact that this here is unacceptable ?? ROLFMAO!!
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by danjohn: 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

All that typing but in the end you still concede to the fact that this here is unacceptable ?? ROLFMAO!!

Hahahhahahahahaaha this school here is just too bad.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2011
Revolutnz:

If GEJ without shoes as a kid can become our president then there is hope for these poor village kids too

That is no excuse. Most of those kids will not be able to compete with their peers and would need to be gifted in one or two areas to be able to tell an "I had no shoes" story.

Lets not shirk our responsibilities to those kids, because other people have beaten the severe odds to rise to high station. Most of those kids will have stunted futures, perhaps those unfortunate pics even capture the faces of several future armed robbers. We are the ones manufacturing them in those schools that look like abandoned shrines.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Mark, Suswam Seek Spiritual intervention / Kwankwaso Declares Free Education In Kano / Top 20 Pidgin Slangs Used In Nigeria With Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.