Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters (11864 Views)

No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by emiye(m): 12:33am On Oct 27, 2011
I can bet with a million naira that the school environment is better than at least 30% of all government primary schools in Nigeria.

If you dont agree with the above, you are simply an ignoramus , and disconnected with the realities on ground,  just because you can send your child to a creche, where you pay 350k per term, doesn't mean you should not realise what is going on in the country.

It is the same kind of disconnect that causes those at the top want to remove fuel subsidy, just because it is good on paper.

The rot in the country goes beyond tribal differences, i have seen far worse schools.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 12:34am On Oct 27, 2011
^
My guy, I have never ever seen a school that even looks remotely like that and I don waka.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by emiye(m): 12:43am On Oct 27, 2011
Beaf:

^
My guy, I have never ever seen a school that even looks remotely like that and I don waka.

There are many of such, have been involve in monitoring and evaluation works, may be your waka was in urban areas.

Are you telling me you have not seen under the tree classrooms? if truly you don waka.

Sometimes, it is amazing when horrid pictures of reality are posted, and people make waoh noise.

Could it be they forget they stole great chunk of the "national cake" that could have been used to make positive changes.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 12:57am On Oct 27, 2011
emiye:

There are many of such, have been involve in monitoring and evaluation works, may be your waka was in urban areas.

Are you telling me you have not seen under the tree classrooms? if truly you don waka.

Sometimes, it is amazing when horrid pictures of reality are posted, and people make waoh noise.

Could it be they forget they stole great chunk of the "national cake" that could have been used to make positive changes.

Yes, its true that there are under the tree classrooms, but they do not present the terrible visual shock and imagery of corruption that "school" delivers.
I have never seen anything so horrible except for almajiri "school's," but nobody refers to those contraptions as schools.

One important correction to your analysis; the national cake is not used to build secondery schools (except they are Unity schools).
The delivery of education and provision of schools is the responsibilty Ogun state, so it carries the blame. The most that can be done to involve the FG, is ask why standards where allowed to drop without question. That is a relevant question that needs asking; whatever happened to school inspectors and similar standards institutions? Ogun state can also be accused of the same failure if the school is owned by an LG.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by emiye(m): 1:11am On Oct 27, 2011
Beaf:

One important correction to your analysis; the national cake is not used to build secondery schools (except they are Unity schools).
The delivery of education and provision of schools is the responsibilty Ogun state, so it carries the blame. The most that can be done to involve the FG, is ask why standards where allowed to drop without question. That is a relevant question that needs asking; whatever happened to school inspectors and similar standards institutions? Ogun state can also be accused of the same failure if the school is owned by an LG.

I thought the school in question is a primary school? isn't it? Do you know of UBE?

If the national cake is not used to build secondary schools, what is then used? Foreign grants?
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 1:28am On Oct 27, 2011
emiye:

I thought the school in question is a primary school? isn't it? Do you know of UBE?

If the national cake is not used to build secondary schools, what is then used? Foreign grants?

How many states have accessed the UBE funds?
The reason those states are not accepting the funds is because there are stringent standards and an accountability trail attached. States avoid it so they can build juju shrines and claim to have built real schools; Ogun has N2.2 billion in UBE funds waiting to be collected, yet that voodoo school exists.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by HighChief4(m): 1:34am On Oct 27, 2011
Jesus take the wheels!!! This is sheer wickedness to humanity
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by arsenefc: 1:37am On Oct 27, 2011
Beaf:

The reason those states are not accepting the funds is because there are stringent standards and an accountability trail attached. States avoid it so they can build juju shrines and claim to have built real schools; Ogun has N2.2 billion in UBE funds waiting to be collected, yet that voodoo school exists.

How did you know that?
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by mensdept: 1:49am On Oct 27, 2011
The parents of this school should be jurors, and Gbenga Daniels should be put on trial. But then again, can we blame him or the fools that call themselves Honorable Senator representing Ogun this and that, when the people are not serious about holding them accountable, even if the price is violence.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by emiye(m): 2:05am On Oct 27, 2011
Beaf:

The UBE programme was poorly conceptualise.

I am so sure you will disagree with the above, if only you will take time to understand the UBE thingy and its ambush. As of now, over 36 billion naira lying dormant in cbn.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by tpia5: 3:18am On Oct 27, 2011
danjohn:

On a more serious note, I know that it is easy to sensationalize this horrible looking school.  However, we must remember that Nigeria is a poor country with limited resources.  The three most important factors controllable by government are as follows:

1. The teacher
2. The curriculum
3. Teaching Aid (Notebooks, textbooks, Chalkboard, Pens etc).

As long  as the above three are provided, any child can learn.  It does not matter if a child is home schooled, as long as he or she has a good teacher, a solid curriculum, and good teaching aid, the child will excel.  We must remember that Yaradua built brand new school buildings in Kastina but Kastina still had the worst Common Entrance and WAEC results in the country.

Nonetheless, this does not excuse the poor state of this school.  The government has dropped the ball on education big time.  To fix this, we must begin by bringing dignity back to the teaching profession and providing our kids with the tools they need to learn.  Although I think that good teachers, strong curricula, and excellent teaching aids should be the first priority, our schools still need to be conducive places to learn.  The roofing of that school for example will making it impossible students to learn during the raining season. 

In Nigeria we have taken our standard of what should be the "bare minimum" to an extreme.  The bare minimum for a school building should be good roofing with no leaks, hygienic environment, cross ventilation, chalk board, enough desks and chairs, and not more than X kids in a classroom.  With that you are good to go. This school building falls below what the bare minimum should be and it is unfortunate.

you've said it all.

the nigerian govt needs to make maintenance of educational institutions a priority.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by BlackLibya: 3:58am On Oct 27, 2011
I dont understand, it seems to be a school built in a traditional African architecture, what is wrong with it?

Maybe it is a bad example of african architecture? Can you show me a "great" school that uses an African architectural style?
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 27, 2011
BlackLibya:

I dont understand, it seems to be a school built in a traditional African architecture, what is wrong with it?

Maybe it is a bad example of african architecture? Can you show me a "great" school that uses an African architectural style?

I'd love the school more if it keeps the same architecture but clean environment.

I actually like the whole hay shelter thing.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by danjohn: 4:11am On Oct 27, 2011
@ alj_harem

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Afam4eva(m): 5:35am On Oct 27, 2011
Lol @ African architecture

I think Ogun state has to be one of the most fvcked up state in Nigeria. OGD did a lot of damage to that state. The level of underdevelopment and dedevelopment in that state is mind buggling.

The CAN government of Amosun should step up to the plate and do what is right. Better still they can sit back and keep riding on Fashola's achievements to cover up their sorry inefficient butts.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Revolutnz: 9:40am On Oct 27, 2011
@Beaf you said'perhaps those unfortunate pics even capture the faces of several future armed robbers'.               
Lol! You are wrong again cos the likes of Ibori,Alams,Akala,Bank-ole,GEJ,Igbinedion,OGD,OBJ,IBB,David Mark,Bode George etc had better primary education at least but I don't think I've heard of any armed
robber stealing billions of naira not to talk of dollars at a go
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Sike(m): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2011
Pictures only can not attest to it.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:58am On Oct 27, 2011
looks like a village market stall, there is a nigeria flag in one of the pix.
whatever state that skool is, its a big shame on the state govt.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by sheyguy: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2011
I dont anything bad in such school for now.
for the school to be consider bad enough to make the front page of NL, let the source of the article do a good job and tell us where the school is located, If it is a government owned school or not?, how much do they pay if its a private school? cos i know of a private sch within the place where i served (NYSC) where they have structure just as bad as this one but they paid very little so no body complains as long as the student(pupils) are not distracted when learning.if they dont get rain drenched, they are not distracted and the parents are aware before registering thier pupils there then we should turn our attention to the authority that regulates school standard. they r suppose to take care of such.
lastly, is there no sign board to identify the school properly
There should be a proper write up to support the claim of saharreporters' photonews.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Kasmire: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2011
See as yorobos is defending their trash.when wl u folks stop leaving in lies,deceive and learn hw 2 accept d truth.When has ogun state turn into abians and igboland, moreover dat type of building is common in yorobosland and they are use 2 it.POOR PEOPLE WITH POOR MENTALITY!!!
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by eghost247(m): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2011
[size=13ptWhat Makes this hurt so much is that we can do way much better!!!![/size]
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by oneuniquemind(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2011
This 1 no be school but sukulu.shame on OGD if ds is rili in ogun state
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by ibukunobi: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2011
@bestview
am really dissapointed you guys in Lagos and the entire yoruba's dont like travelling out of western nigeria. This is another lack of awarenes on your own part.Please endeavour to travel to a place in KOGI EAST(IGALA LAND), go to a vilage called "ABOCHO OR aBEJUKOLO, or okenya vilage" This is just Kogi, you may go Adamawa state.
I have seen schools there half fenced and with no roof, this is where you will see a 20 year old beautiful girl who will not cover her breast, she only manage to wear pants.
Please go and travel to places first b4 you open a page here.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Kx: 10:47am On Oct 27, 2011
Is this school among those that will practice the 16334 redefined system? grin
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by EgbonOlu: 11:03am On Oct 27, 2011
Can somebody tell us the precise location, town, village and the local government area where this school is located in Ogun state, ?
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 27, 2011
shocked[size=15pt] Looks really bad but not sure if it's the worst primary school on earth.[/size]
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 27, 2011
abegi

enough already

lets at least try to celebrate the teachers who rather than throw up their hands, do what they can to ensure some kids have a better future.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2011
[img]http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://mdg.glocalstories.org/images/nigeria/primary-school.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mdg.glocalstories.org/poverty.php&usg=__sDJ_bDLjxV3iPXXabN-iKzf6kYc=&h=484&w=670&sz=328&hl=en&start=14&zoom=1&tbnid=iEZZiCaYD2X5MM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=138&ei=5TepTr3MD8aEhQf68NiWDg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnigeria%2Bprimary%2Bschool%2Bsite:%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1[/img]

anyone who has been involved in corporate social responsibility programs involving schools will tell you this is the story of primary schools, rural ones in particular.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by redsquare(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2011
Chei see sukulu! and some peeps would come to NL and spew trash that Ogun state is the second most develop state in Nigeria after Lagos. Develop ko, development ni. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by KejiOJ(m): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2011
the school is diffrent they have playing ground compare to some school here in lagos,
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Okijajuju1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2011
WHY would anyone doubt that this is Nigeria or Ogun State?!

First of all, cant you see the Nigerian Flag at the back of the building?! Okay!! Fast forward to the kids! Cant you see they resemble ofe mmanu children?! I can even see tribal mark on their faces, Ejo!! This is Ogun State jor!!

If this is how the schools in the west are, then those Disabled people that were driven out of Ekiti should thank their God for delivering them from bondage.
Re: The Worst Primary School On Earth Is In Ogun - SaharaReporters by Image123(m): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
The word 'shukuru' has found a home.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Office Did You Hold In Secondary School? / ASUU Strike: Mark, Suswam Seek Spiritual intervention / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.