Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Fashion Thread For Muslim Women - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fashion Thread For Muslim Women (25871 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2014
As salaam alykum....
Just as the name of the thread suggests, this is a thread for aspiring muslimahs who find it difficult to follow the injuctions of Allah in relation to the Islamic dress code....The thread aims to show how you can dress up nicely and still follow the rules guiding modesty

Alhamdulilah, I started using the hijaab(thanks to a nairalander) a few months ago and I have never had any cause to regret that action, rather I feel more comfortable and confident in my new style of dressing.

I will be sharing pictures from some of my collections from the Internet and I hope someone out there will be inspired..

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Mutuwa(m): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
AdeSuave:
As salaam alykum....
Just as the name of the thread suggests, this is a thread for aspiring muslimahs who find it difficult to follow the injuctions of Allah in relation to the Islamic dress code....The thread aims to show how you can dress up nicely and still follow the rules guiding modesty

Alhamdulilah, I started using the hijaab(thanks to a nairalander) a few months ago and I have never had any cause to regret that action, rather I feel more comfortable and confident in my new style of dressing.

I will be sharing pictures from some of my collections from the Internet and I hope someone out there will be inspired..

Jzakallahu..
Alhmdulilahi for imbibing the hijab.would love to see u in hijab. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
The noble Quran states that

Quran (33:59) - "Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them..."

Quran (24:31) - "And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known." The woman is not only supposed to cover herself, except with relatives, but to look down, so as to avoid making eye-contact with men.

Qur'an (33:55) - "It shall be no crime in them as to their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their woman, or the slaves which their right hands possess, if they speak to them unveiled" A woman is only allowed to present herself unveiled to family and slaves.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
From the hadiths....

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (6:321) - Muhammad is asked whether it is right for a young woman to leave her house without a veil. He replies, "She should cover herself with the veil of her companion."

Bukhari (60:282) - After Muhammad issued the command (Qur'an 24:31) for women to cover themselves, the women responded by tearing up sheets to cover their faces.

Abu Dawud (32:4092) - The Apostle of Allah... said: "O Asma', when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of body except this and this, and he pointed to her face and hands" This was according to Aisha.

Abu Dawud (2:641) - The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah does not accept the prayer of a woman who has reached puberty unless she wears a veil.

Bukhari (52:250) - [The Prophet said] "It is not permissible for a man to be alone with a woman, and no lady should travel except with a Muhram (i.e. her husband or a person whom she cannot marry in any case for ever; e.g. her father, brother, etc.)." - Neither is a woman allowed to travel by herself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
Disclaimer: Most of the pictures which will be featured are not mine....they are gotten from the Internet unless stated otherwise....
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hijabefy this and you are good to go

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
Muslimah bride....lovely colour combination

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mutuwa:

Jzakallahu..
Alhmdulilahi for imbibing the hijab.would love to see u in hijab. smiley

Jazakallah khairan
You might not be seeing me though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
Islamic fashion

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Sissie(f): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tag Yeyenatu, simbiatadesomi
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sissie:
Tag Yeyenatu, simbiadesomi

Thanks sissie smiley
Don't worry I won't tell anyone you inspired me wink kiss
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Sissie(f): 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
AdeSuave:

Thanks sissie smiley
Don't worry I won't tell anyone you inspired me wink kiss

Shhh wink
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
Feminine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
Sissie:
Tag Yeyenatu, simbiadesomi
yay!! Nice!!!

YYN
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hijab tutorials will also be uploaded

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
So loving the navy blue nd pink theme.

YYN

1 Like

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
yeyenatu:
yay!! Nice!!!

YYN
Thanks yeyenatu

Will love to see more of you around here and your opinion and contribution is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Mutuwa(m): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
AdeSuave:

Jazakallah khairan
You might not be seeing me though

Dont worry..I really need not too,I was only joking.. smiley

Regads..
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mutuwa:

Dont worry..I really need not too,I was only joking.. smiley

Regads..
Thanks sir

Please remember to tag anyone you feel will be interested.
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Mutuwa(m): 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
AdeSuave:

Thanks sir

Please remember to tag anyone you feel will be interested.

In shaa Allahu as and when practicable.

1 Like

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 12, 2014
I love this particular shade of blue..just add a pop of hijab colour and you look classy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 12, 2014
Hijab tutorial

1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Who else loves red?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Sissie(f): 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
AdeSuave:
Who else loves red?

I love red, I absolutely love this skirt and the blue one.
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
Sissie:

I love red, I absolutely love this skirt and the blue one.
I absolutely love the blue skirt, looks like its a wrapped skirt.

I can't wait to start sewing though....I love the combination of the red, brown and green..all the colour compliments each other well.
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
I am in love with printed scarves

I can't think of any better way to combine this

Who has a better suggestion?

1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Sissie(f): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Abaya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Sissie:
Abaya
Yeah

Abayas are aalways nice and I love this colour too
Shade of purple right?...
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Sissie(f): 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
Who says you can't wear black Monday to Friday?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Sissie(f): 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
AdeSuave:

Yeah

Abayas are aalways nice and I love this colour too
Shade of purple right?...

Yep its a shade of purple.
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Sissie(f): 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
AdeSuave:

I absolutely love the blue skirt, looks like its a wrapped skirt.

I can't wait to start sewing though....I love the combination of the red, brown and green..all the colour compliments each other well.

Have you started learning to sew?

Cool.
Re: Fashion Thread For Muslim Women by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
Sissie:

Have you started learning to sew?

Cool.
Not yet o....still daydreaming about it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Million Pilgrims Stone The Devil, Yet He Is Still Alive - PM News / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims / Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.